00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,847,215 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2017-01-25 20:10:24

Here's what I'm currently watching

Taimanin Asagi 3
Space pirate sara

Response to Anime Club 2017-01-26 08:18:16 (edited 2017-01-26 08:20:41)

At 1/25/17 01:59 AM, LuckyLightTitan wrote:
At 1/24/17 08:47 PM, IvoAluminum wrote: Well... fair enough...
Not trying to be an asshole, though i must say... fuck off.
this isn't the right place to self advertise your shit, it's a place for anime discussion.

Not to be rude, but you could've put that in a nicer way
I work with him a lot so I can tell he doesn't speak English that well. He probably thought he could put anime drawing here.

I'm not trying to cause any drama. I just don't want anyone to get their feelings hurt.

Also, I know this is off topic, but I can't PM you. @NekoMika what is that gun called/from in your level icon. It looks so familiar

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-01 00:13:11

At 1/25/17 08:10 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: Here's what I'm currently watching

Taimanin Asagi 3
Space pirate sara

How were they? Which one did you like better?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-14 05:12:04

At 2/13/17 10:07 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Does anyone happen to know which manga this panel comes from? Someone posted this in a thread, and I'm interested in knowing the name of the manga.

And before you ask, the dialogue and the item that she's holding in this panel are parodied, and not what they originally were.

Some googling tells me it's from the manga Citrus, "the most disappointing yuri manga" according to one random redditor, though the MAL score is really high and the art looks great.

Also

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-15 21:54:39

Hunter X Hunter is getting better every week. Will he ever find his missing Father?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-24 00:34:19

I just rewatched dbz
I'm starting to watch the recent yugioh series

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-26 14:44:06

Can someone recommended me some good romance anime

Ohayō - Kon'nichiwa - Yoi tsuitachi - Konbanwa

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-27 11:54:57

For those who cares, the Sailor Moon manga gets pretty dark so you can guess how Crystal will animate this part of the final arc.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/sailor_moon/v18/c001/17.html

It did started to look like a gender flipped version of Saint Seiya's Hades Chapters.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-02-28 22:36:34

Watching Shinsei Futanari Idol: Dekatama Kei!

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-01 08:05:00

Trying to get back into anime but I just can't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Send help.

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-01 11:29:31

At 3/1/17 08:05 AM, crazyIconz wrote: Trying to get back into anime but I just can't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Send help.

Im also feel you friend, i think we just getting old and we not cool anymore...
I think our problem is time, i hardly can watch anime these day with all work i have to do and only one holiday a week.

Whoever and whenever you are keep doing your best and dont give up for your dream.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-01 14:55:38

At 3/1/17 08:05 AM, crazyIconz wrote: Send help.

What have you liked?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-02 00:32:04

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure was actually very good last episode. Hopefully, they keep it up.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-02 20:30:46

At 3/1/17 11:29 AM, KompiButut wrote:
At 3/1/17 08:05 AM, crazyIconz wrote: Trying to get back into anime but I just can't seem to give a fuck anymore.

Send help.
Im also feel you friend, i think we just getting old and we not cool anymore...
I think our problem is time, i hardly can watch anime these day with all work i have to do and only one holiday a week.

It happens, I mean I mostly read the manga now and then since you can catch up with it much quicker. I am planning to watch the episodes from the final season of the classic Sailor Moon series to get the whole view of that arc in the animated form. Finished reading the manga version and lets just say there are some elements in the anime I happen to like better from what I had seen, like the fact that some of the villains I liked didn't get killed off after few freaking pages (Sailor Iron Mouse).

With that said, I can see why that arc was never dubbed in the U.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFF7-0Ez4L4

They can't pretend that they're cousins either, lol!

I'll just go and beat a dead horse and say this, those pop idols are still manlier than Justin Bieber.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-06 20:39:26

What do you guys think of crossplayers? (Someone cosplaying as a character of the opposite sex)
I think they're so cute.
I'd go gay for any of these guys

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-08 21:08:38

At 2/15/17 09:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Hunter X Hunter is getting better every week. Will he ever find his missing Father?

Speaking of which, I notice that on Netflix, HxH only goes up to episode despite being 144 episodes, in the middle of the Chimera Ant arc no less. Now I don't really know if Netflix will get the rest of the episodes, (doubtful) or there's some sort of episode limit they adhere to, so I guess I'll just pick up the manga and go from there.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-12 20:02:00

Bad news for One Piece fans; Adult Swim is dropping it from their line-up next week. The worst part is that Toonami just started playing Season 11 last week. Apparently, it will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-13 01:07:02

At 3/12/17 08:02 PM, MrTrivia wrote: Bad news for One Piece fans; Adult Swim is dropping it from their line-up next week. The worst part is that Toonami just started playing Season 11 last week. Apparently, it will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul.

that's BS, considering how far back it's been place on the line up

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-14 11:23:22

Never had the patience for One Piece, Someone just put me onto The Melancoly of Haruhi. Cant believe I never saw it. Honestly, Im pretty much an anime n00b.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-14 16:40:02

At 3/14/17 12:28 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: I've started watching Attack on Titan after reading the manga. Good series, but in no way lives up to the source material.

See, Id like to watch it but ive been told to watch it too many times now I just cant be bothered. Ever have that feeling?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 09:35:05 (edited 2017-03-15 09:35:28)

how do you guys feel when a good anime is over?

Myself, I might rewatch it depending on how good it was and then be done with it

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 15:18:41

At 3/15/17 02:50 PM, TheQuietGamer wrote: Definitely. People bother me all of the time with things like "you should play this, "you need to listen to this," and "why haven't you check that out yet?"

Sometimes it just gets to the point where I'm like "look, I'll get to it when I get to it. Ok?"

Yeah see I hate that.
Also recently watched Eureka Seven. The original. Was on YTV when I was watching gundam seed but i never actually watched the whole thing. Was a good move, id reccomend that too.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 16:53:34 (edited 2017-03-15 16:54:05)

I just finished Deadman Wonderland and I am soon about to finish Blazblue and Seraph of the end season 2, I was thinking about trying out Umineko or F/S night, has anyone here seen them ? and f you have, are they any good?

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 21:35:11

You know, i used to like beyblade until i just realized i was watching tops spin until they stopped

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 22:07:12

At 3/15/17 09:35 PM, NightRaid-NG wrote: You know, i used to like beyblade until i just realized i was watching tops spin until they stopped

XDD ITS BEYYYBLAAAAAAAAADE BAYYYYY BLAAAAAAAAAAADE Dunanuna dunanuna, NIR NIR NIR NIR, dunanuna dananuna, NAR NAR NAR NAR

Bdaman was hella weak.

Deadman wonderland too gory for me, Elfen Lied was enough for me im not about dat shitt

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-15 22:34:52

At 3/15/17 10:07 PM, Kehmicle wrote: Deadman wonderland too gory for me,

I thought that was a kids show on cartoon network

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-23 16:16:08

Naruto shippuden is finally come to the end at 500 episode.
Thanks for filling my childhood.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-03-23 22:46:29

At 3/12/17 08:02 PM, MrTrivia wrote: Bad news for One Piece fans; Adult Swim is dropping it from their line-up next week. The worst part is that Toonami just started playing Season 11 last week. Apparently, it will be replaced by Tokyo Ghoul.

Never was a big fan of TG, watched the whole series and honestly, it was rather weak in the story and characters department. Considering that the anime is a rush job, (similar to Akame ga Kill!) you're better off reading the manga. The fact that the gore is censored is probably the worst of all, juxtaposed to all the fight scenes.

That's my biggest issue with anime, if you're going to have "juvenile" content such as excessive blood/gore, fanservice and whatnot, you might as well go whole hog and simply incorporate it to the show instead of putting it there for it's own sake.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2017-04-07 21:03:39

At 4/7/17 08:58 PM, TheOverGhoul wrote: Any of guys watching some new shows or reading some new manga or something?
Been a while since i've seen you guys post here.

I just started One punch man, and I'm loving it so far.

Response to Anime Club 2017-04-08 09:02:26

I'm happy to have the return of Berserk. Realistically, there's no way to properly recreate Miura's work without a significant amount of time and money to support it. If CGI is the only financially sound way of bringing the series to life, then I'm not going to complain (like almost everyone else has). What really made me happy was the pacing of the second season. I really expected to see the backstory of Farnese stretch out across the entire episode. Things moving along properly, and I very much appreciate that.

I should probably check out a few of the other new shows (The Laughing Salesman looks intriguing), but the combination of Spectre Knight DLC and Yooka-Laylee releasing side-by-side is going to kill a lot of my free time. Listening to both soundtracks now, too. Beautiful music.

I did watch the first episode of Love Tyrant, and it seems to be suffering from the same ADHD issue that plagues the Mighty Magiswords series. I read a good chunk of the manga prior to the show, so I wasn't especially bothered by that, but it feel like things are needlessly rushed. I'm wondering if that's just to get the main cast together in one shot so that every other episode can turn into a standardize harem situation that highlights a different kind of fan service each week (sometimes the same kind when a series decides to include a beach and pool episode within a season). I do hope that's not the case.