00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lmaoghosthh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,817,222 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-02 21:22:24

woahhhh i can still log in. good to know this place is still not dead

gotta say i'm still surprised at how long kubo can stretch out bleach. there's still like a 100 more chapters before it will prob end.

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-02 23:15:20

At 12/2/15 09:22 PM, towelie101 wrote: woahhhh i can still log in. good to know this place is still not dead

Yes, we are still here. How long ago did you leave?

gotta say i'm still surprised at how long kubo can stretch out bleach. there's still like a 100 more chapters before it will prob end.

Bleach will be very long. The ride never ends.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-02 23:37:27

At 12/2/15 11:15 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/2/15 09:22 PM, towelie101 wrote: woahhhh i can still log in. good to know this place is still not dead
Yes, we are still here. How long ago did you leave?

i've been gone for 10 months and NG seemed deader every time i took a glimpse at the site.

Bleach will be very long. The ride never ends.

this final arc is great, much better than naruto's for sure. kubo keeps delivering cute girls so i can't hate him.

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-02 23:52:26

At 12/2/15 09:22 PM, towelie101 wrote: gotta say i'm still surprised at how long kubo can stretch out bleach. there's still like a 100 more chapters before it will prob end.

The fact that it has gone this long already is kind of mind-boggling to say the least, but not surprising considering how the plot seems to move at a rather slow pace, though having loads of characters and giving most of them some sort of backstory will do that to any series. Bleach is one of those manga/anime series that I really have mixed opinions about, one on hand, it's a poor man's version of Yu Yu Hakusho with long, complicated plots, stereotypical shonen tropes up the wazoo, {even if it is somewhat entertaining} and loads of characters that are hit or miss at best. On the other hand, the art for the most part is fantastic, the OP/ED music is pretty catchy, and most of the fights are surprisingly entertaining, by shonen standards at least.

More or less, what Bleach does right is actually decent, and what it does wrong, well not so much.

On an unrelated note, I'm still working my way through LOGH, about 30 episodes in to be precise. Yeah, this is starting to be a bit of a grind now considering that the pace has slowed down, {not to Bleach levels, but noticeable nonetheless} but I'll see it though.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-03 02:28:08

At 12/2/15 11:37 PM, towelie101 wrote: i've been gone for 10 months and NG seemed deader every time i took a glimpse at the site.

Leaving and coming back is easy mode, Try staying active every day for years. That is hard mode.

this final arc is great, much better than naruto's for sure. kubo keeps delivering cute girls so i can't hate him.

Cute girls make everything better.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-03 12:05:06

At 12/2/15 11:52 PM, orangebomb wrote: The fact that it has gone this long already is kind of mind-boggling to say the least, but not surprising considering how the plot seems to move at a rather slow pace, Bleach is one of those manga/anime series that I really have mixed opinions about, one on hand, it's a poor man's version of Yu Yu Hakusho with long, On the other hand, the art for the most part is fantastic, the OP/ED music is pretty catchy, and most of the fights are surprisingly entertaining, by shonen standards at least.
More or less, what Bleach does right is actually decent, and what it does wrong, well not so much.

Bleach is dragged out, but still a nice anime. I may not agree with all of it, and dislike some characters, but it has more good points than poor ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-04 23:35:40

Yeah, I'm actually considering dropping it for a while since the chapter seem to last for few pages of the battle itself and it wasn't even halfway through each time. Even Toriyama didn't drag his story arcs that badly when he did the Frieza saga which you know is pretty infamous even before Toei stuffed it with fillers that made Frieza incapable of telling time.

The early part of Bleach was fun and the final arc started out promising but then...

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-05 10:45:44

At 12/4/15 11:35 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Yeah, I'm actually considering dropping it for a while since the chapter seem to last for few pages of the battle itself and it wasn't even halfway through each time. Even Toriyama didn't drag his story arcs that badly when he did the Frieza saga which you know is pretty infamous even before Toei stuffed it with fillers that made Frieza incapable of telling time.

Taking a break is a great way to deal with the dragged parts. You can actually enjoy it more after a vacation.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-05 11:43:09

I know every manga can have a similar character designs but Lynn Okamoto may have been one of the biggest offenders since it's hard to tell if it was supposed to be intentional or he was just lazy.

In Elfen Lied, Nana has a identical character design to that of Kurama's wife and considering her relationship with him, I always wonder if that happens to play a role on why he cared about her. But then you have #28 and Nozomi...also when comparing Okamoto's other works, in Nononono, the protagonist resembles Yuka. Then you have a genderflipped version in Ryouta in Kiwaguro.

Granted in Nononono, it was likely intentional considering you have a journalist and his assistant resembling Kurama and his assistant.

But then in Kiwaguro, without the color panels the only way to tell apart Hatsuna and Kazumi is that the former has her hair tied to one side, otherwise they'd be impossible to tell apart.

Could have at least put in more effort on Hatsuna's character design.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-06 11:33:23

At 11/28/15 06:46 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Toonami is a marathon of Parasyte the Maxium. I wonder how low the ratings will go?

Parasyte really isn't as bad as I expected. However, I hate the opening theme song. The first half of the lyrics are incoherent because they've been too heavily modulated. The second half of the lyrics are also incoherent because the vocalist screams instead of singing. Whatever the words are, I'm sure it's typical death-metal bullshit.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-06 14:33:23

At 12/6/15 11:33 AM, MrTrivia wrote: Parasyte really isn't as bad as I expected. However, I hate the opening theme song. The first half of the lyrics are incoherent because they've been too heavily modulated. The second half of the lyrics are also incoherent because the vocalist screams instead of singing.

I agree that the opening song is bad. Why did you enjoy the show?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 02:35:20

At 12/6/15 02:50 PM, Vinnyy wrote: I love how they used dubstep music in Parasyte. I guess they were trying to make the show appeal more to a modern audience, considering the series (manga adaptation) is 27 years old. Personally, I think the dubstep music is a nice change from the orchestral-type music that you often find in other anime.

I think the music has been discussed enough, why do you think Parasyte is worth watching?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 05:24:23

Toonami isn't like how it used to be before shows like Naruto killed it back in 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 12:49:36 (edited 2015-12-07 12:50:01)

Maybe a bit old but I knew they'd choose Light Yagami's VA to voice Sweet Mask in One Punch Man. Even before the anime is announced he's the kind of character Miyano would voice, also he even looks like Light and is as big of a douche bag as well (okay, maybe not as bad as Light was but still). Probably the most obvious casting choice of the series.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 16:25:20

How dare you like things I don't like?! Explain yourself now!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 18:00:00

At 12/7/15 04:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: How dare you like things I don't like?! Explain yourself now!

That was the common trend of that thread several years ago, how times have changed by slowing down.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 18:38:54

At 12/7/15 12:49 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: even looks like Light and is as big of a douche bag

Light did nothing wrong #cleanseit

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-07 19:15:15

At 12/7/15 06:00 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 12/7/15 04:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: How dare you like things I don't like?! Explain yourself now!
That was the common trend of that thread several years ago, how times have changed by slowing down.

No, Doc has a hateon for Parasyte and I got a laugh seeing him go bad cop on people just now over it.

WHERE ARE THEYYYY

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-08 13:55:10

At 12/7/15 05:24 AM, Dangerous-D wrote: Toonami isn't like how it used to be before shows like Naruto killed it back in 2008

Is has seem to go down in quality, plus ending earlier is never a good sign.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-08 14:46:31

At 12/8/15 01:55 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/7/15 05:24 AM, Dangerous-D wrote: Toonami isn't like how it used to be before shows like Naruto killed it back in 2008
Is has seem to go down in quality, plus ending earlier is never a good sign.

they weren't getting ratings, plus they brought back stuff no one wanted, like inuyasha since that was in repeat hell since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-08 15:34:48

At 12/8/15 02:46 PM, Dangerous-D wrote: they weren't getting ratings, plus they brought back stuff no one wanted, like inuyasha since that was in repeat hell since 2003

I understand why it happened, but would be nice if they could slowly make it longer. Maybe thirty minutes every season?
They could give Tom a 15 min cartoon. Everybody loves Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-09 12:39:06

At 12/8/15 07:10 PM, Vixuzar wrote: Can anyone recommend me some interesting comedy manga to read?
I've been searching for something new but i haven't found anything worth reading.

i would recommend the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. there is also a anime incase you were wondering.

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-10 12:06:47

At 12/8/15 07:10 PM, Vixuzar wrote: Can anyone recommend me some interesting comedy manga to read?

conveni-t
dr slump (full scans are out. Even if you dislike potty humor, it's not to miss because it's toriyama at his peak)
pugyuru

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-10 22:38:54

At 12/7/15 12:49 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Maybe a bit old but I knew they'd choose Light Yagami's VA to voice Sweet Mask in One Punch Man. Even before the anime is announced he's the kind of character Miyano would voice, also he even looks like Light and is as big of a douche bag as well . Probably the most obvious casting choice of the series.

You should of bet your friends, You could of made some money on your prediction.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-14 17:15:58

Started watching Love Live!
After playing the game in my cellphone, I decided to watch it. Episode 3 almost made me cry...
You guys should watch it, it's very good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-16 10:57:52

After finishing the Love Live! First season, I noticed that I cried like a faggot for 10 episodes. Watching this anime is an extrasensorial experience. Watching the satisfaction of the School Idols group µ's and the way they put effort, from this anime series I learned that if you don't succeed at the attempt number 1, don't worry because the numbers are infinite and you can always try again.

Of all the anime series I've seen this is the most impacting for me.
Extremely recommended, very good.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-19 12:36:00

At 12/14/15 05:15 PM, Migeru wrote: Started watching Love Live! I decided to watch it. Episode 3 almost made me cry...

I will have to check it out. I have never cried over an anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-19 12:54:03

At 12/19/15 12:36 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/14/15 05:15 PM, Migeru wrote: Started watching Love Live! I decided to watch it. Episode 3 almost made me cry...
I will have to check it out. I have never cried over an anime.

You aren't going to regret.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-23 00:23:41

At 12/19/15 12:54 PM, Migeru wrote: You aren't going to regret.

It was decent, but I did not cry.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2015-12-23 01:24:31

Wow. After being away for such a long time, I'm glad this club is still going on so strong. Keep up the good work peeps!