00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,828,425 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-01 11:44:31

So guys, anybody here seen JoJo's Bizarre Adventure? Watching Part III as it comes out now, Stardust Crusaders, and it's really fucking good.

NewGrounds' forum signatures are terrible.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-04 22:18:59

I have been waiting for this, finally someone start scanning it!

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/shingeki_kyojin_chuugakkou/

Bertolt ate Eren's cheeseburger

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-05 01:12:40

Attack on Titan has become very strange. I think it will end badly.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-05 12:02:17

At 6/5/14 01:12 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Attack on Titan has become very strange. I think it will end badly.

I can see the ending, Eren kills the beast titan.

Not wanting to die without dealing some damage, the beast titans mind rapes Eren and Mikasa comes in to see Eren going full retard about a comet going "whoosh" before doing into a comatose state.

Mikasa cries and the credits roll.

Also Armin dies.

Then you have a sequel known as Titans ZZ.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-06 21:39:34

dbz kai on toonami

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-12 23:55:52

This club is looking interesting. So I will like to part of it and start chat about anime. My most favorite is One Piece, I am majority hook to it. And other is Naruto, how much that I love to be ninja. There's so many anime that I love a most. I do usually read manga, because I like to read. So, please don't judging my native English. It isn't my first language but basically it is. It is kinda hard to explain about it. So Hopefully that I can get along with y'all better.

Anime Club

Madness?

THIS IS SPARTA!

Dude, go home. You're drunken.

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-23 12:31:09

Been really getting into Usagi Drop. For such a strange-ish, seemingly-uncommon-but-kind-of-is topic, they do it really well. It's really sweet and charming.

returning from 8 years hiatus haha so maybe renovating a little :>

FOLLOW 4 FOOL WRITING & POETRY HERE

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-24 14:13:03

At 6/24/14 01:09 PM, Vnzi wrote: Stardust Crusaders is getting a english dub on Crunchy Roll, calls for a celebration for me.

Also crossover.

Mako's Bizarre Adventure?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-06-30 17:27:03

I finished watching Gunbuster for the first time yesterday, and I have to say I wasn't too impressed by it. I definitely enjoyed the series, but it wasn't nearly as fantastic as some led me to believe. There was some fun stuff in it, but I didn't care about any of the characters or about what was going on at any point. I just wasn't moved by it at all.

Gonna try Diebuster at some point soon, hopefully I'll like that more.

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-01 19:52:02

Did you guys already see The Wind Rises?

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-04 00:09:41

Just got done watching Diebuster, and I have to say I liked this a lot more than Gunbuster. I found the characters in this to be a lot more intriguing and I felt like the story flowed a lot better too. Though it wouldn't really hold its own without the original show, so I guess that can be seen as a pretty big downside. The soundtrack was nice, I enjoyed that a lot. The animation was really hit or miss though, some sequences looked fantastic but the abundance of cheap and lazy CGI was really distracting for me, I definitely could've done without that.

So yeah, good stuff. I can see watching these back-to-back being a real treat.

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-11 17:03:31

Two weeks until Attack on Titan season 2! Damn am I hyped for this, the manga is turning out to be amazing, SPOILERS FOR THE MANGA DON'T READ THE REST OR GET REKT M8
I can't wait to see the fight between the armored titan and Eren, not to mention the beast titan!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-11 18:15:58

My Favorite Manga thus far is Breaker: The New Waves and thanks to Netflix Blue Exorcist has become my Fav. anime....My favorite anime of all time is and will always be Fullmetal Alchemis Brotherhood.......

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 02:30:01

Do you guys prefer Dubs or Subs? Just curious.

I'm pretty indifferent, and I usually do it on a show-by-show basis, depending on which version has better voice actors. However, I know some people who will only do one or the other, and refuse to stray from that. I was wondering how you all felt?

Pic 100% unrelated. I'm just obsessed with Crona right now and looking for a reason to post pictures.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 13:22:52

At 7/16/14 02:30 AM, Scarface wrote: Do you guys prefer Dubs or Subs? Just curious.

Just depends. I go for subs by default but if I happen to find a dubbed version first and it's not completely shit I'll stick with it. There's times I alternate between them for the first few episodes but I rarely think that far ahead when looking for something to watch.

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 18:42:08

At 7/16/14 02:30 AM, Scarface wrote: Do you guys prefer Dubs or Subs? Just curious.

I'm pretty indifferent, and I usually do it on a show-by-show basis, depending on which version has better voice actors. However, I know some people who will only do one or the other, and refuse to stray from that. I was wondering how you all felt?

Pic 100% unrelated. I'm just obsessed with Crona right now and looking for a reason to post pictures.

Depends. Sometimes the dub is simply awful. Other times, it's well done and close enough to the original dialogue that I'll just watch it dubbed. And occasionally, it can actually be better than the original audio. Or it can be a horrendous dub, but of an older D grade anime that is so bad it's good and the dub just adds to the amusement.

"Welcome, Sheranasookie. I take it you brought the Gen Rai Oo sword?"

Anime Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 19:04:44

At 7/16/14 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Or it can be a horrendous dub, but of an older D grade anime that is so bad it's good and the dub just adds to the amusement.

I honestly love watching Pokemon in English for this very reason.

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 19:25:25

At 7/16/14 07:04 PM, Scarface wrote:
At 7/16/14 06:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Or it can be a horrendous dub, but of an older D grade anime that is so bad it's good and the dub just adds to the amusement.

Mad Bull 34 has a funny dub. I like the New Yoawk accents.

Anime Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 23:06:47

At 7/16/14 07:25 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zXQYsYwmxo

Before the dub we know of in 2001 comes in, this is what we had when someone dubbed the movie and this is Gundamn stupid and funny.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-16 23:47:17

At 7/16/14 11:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

Before the dub we know of in 2001 comes in, this is what we had when someone dubbed the movie and this is Gundamn stupid and funny.

This is probably the dumbest anime I've ever owned in my collection with the most wonderfully shitty dub to go with it. I've seen a good few 80s/90s low budget OAVs over the years. Some are silly but make for a good guilty pleasure like Mad Bull 34, Baoh etc. and then there's the likes of Vampire Wars.

FYI, the reason you're hearing people call the main character "cookie" is because his name is Kuki and lol pronunciation. That beats Shuranosuke - "sheranasookie" for comedy.

Speaking of cookies, this guy. K is for Kuki. That's good enough for meeeeee.

nomnomnomnom

Anime Club

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-17 08:16:14

"I bet you fistfuck your wife because you don't know what to do with your cock."

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-17 13:45:47

At 7/17/14 08:16 AM, Jackho wrote: "I bet you fistfuck your wife because you don't know what to do with your cock."

Cookie Monster got told.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-17 17:56:41

At 7/16/14 11:47 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/16/14 11:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

I just love how unusually calm Noa was being in that situation (or sounds like at least) with a cheesy British accent no less. And I thought that the dubbed Arthur Kirkland and Cecilia Alcott voices were ridiculously hilarious with similar British accents, the only difference is that the latter 2 were by relatively professional VAs.

This is probably the dumbest anime I've ever owned in my collection with the most wonderfully shitty dub to go with it. I've seen a good few 80s/90s low budget OAVs over the years. Some are silly but make for a good guilty pleasure like Mad Bull 34, Baoh etc. and then there's the likes of Vampire Wars.

Y'know, dubs as a whole have gotten better the last 20 years and they are generally well compared to the original Japanese VAs, but at the same time, I loved some of the old dubs which pretty much go hand in hand with the anime, especially with the over-the-top, mindless violent OVAs made during the late 80s and early 90s.

Also, there are people who say that anime today is a shell of itself from what it was back then, and in a few respects I understand where they're coming from. But, looking at lot of the things that came out between Akira (1988) and Neon Genesis Evangelion, (1995) were pretty mediocre and rather predictable in terms of content. To be fair, we have a much different tastes in our heroes, situations and extreme content compared to the Japanese, but it's not hard to see similarities between anime in the early 90's and today in terms of familiarity with certain genres.

Not that I'm necessarily complaining about it per se, just simply stating the odd similarities.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-18 13:25:15

Of the three, which manga series do you think has the best chance of finishing before the author kicks it? Berserk, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, or Guyver?

With the way things are going, there's hardly a prospect of an ending in sight.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-18 20:13:44

I just finished Kill La Kill. It was cool. I have spoken, the end.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-19 20:26:58

At 7/18/14 10:45 PM, SithCorduroy wrote: I watched all three seasons of Black Lagoon.

Pretty good stuff, although Roberta's Blood Trail was convoluted as all fuck.

I haven't been able to see Roberta's Blood Trail, but Black Lagoon is awesome. I would have bought Roberta's Blood Trail a while ago, but I've only seen it on Blu Ray and not DVD.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-20 01:56:03

At 7/20/14 01:46 AM, SithCorduroy wrote: The set I have has both a Blu-Ray and dvd disc.

It's this one.

Oh, it's a combo pack? They should have made that clear.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-21 21:13:25

Just finished up Blood+, really liked most of the characters in that one. Both the antagonists and protagonists are written well, and there was lots of cool locales and plots. The last episode was super-duper.

Going to watch Black Lagoon next, as I've heard so much about it and it seems pretty cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-21 22:05:45

At 7/21/14 09:13 PM, DM692 wrote: Going to watch Black Lagoon next, as I've heard so much about it and it seems pretty cool.

Uuunnnhhhh, 11 minutes in and this show makes me wish I was a pirate so bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-24 23:46:58

After reading the info regarding the closest thing we'll ever get to a completed version of the final arc of "Cyborg 009" manga story, if it gets adapted in anime (picking up after the cliff hanger in the 2001 series), how much content in the climatic battle do you think they will keep in?

It looked a bit like a cross between the later half of Saint Seiya and Space Runaway Ideon - Be Invoked! so it tells you what you might get in that arc.

With that said, 006 really made a huge mess.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature