00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

superTHR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,849,799 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 16:06:21

Sorry about that. Just jumped to the last page.

I'll pick Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. He's a badass.

Or Hamtaro. Whoever's tougher.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 16:34:56

At 7/29/05 04:06 PM, Seagull_of_Hell wrote: Sorry about that. Just jumped to the last page.

I'll pick Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. He's a badass.

Or Hamtaro. Whoever's tougher.

Vicious's taken, and I wouldn't suggest Hamtaro since he's not tough as nails.

But I would suggest taking Athrun Zala from G Seed.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 16:55:18

Ok I Read the rules and thankyou for helping me
If you are wondering who Suwabara Kai is, he's from Yakitate! Japan
I hate one rule that is usually on EVERY single forumn, the fact that we can't talk about where we get our anime online. That rule drives me crazy! Anyways thanks for the info and help.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 17:39:59

yeah it's a double post but I wanted to show ya my picture of Suwabara.

Suwabara

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 17:51:42

Ooooooh... i'd like to rejoin...

1. Samurai Champloo
2. Naruto
3. GTO
4. GetBackers
5. Priest

Do we still get to pick a character? Who's taken so i know who i can pick?

Just wondering... but whatever happened to Tink and Wonko?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 18:05:21

to find out who's taken go here:

people

and yes you can choose another person

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 18:28:57

At 7/29/05 05:51 PM, NGCA wrote: Ooooooh... i'd like to rejoin...

1. Samurai Champloo
2. Naruto
3. GTO
4. GetBackers
5. Priest

Do we still get to pick a character? Who's taken so i know who i can pick?

Just wondering... but whatever happened to Tink and Wonko?

Well in that case, I'll chose Mugen from Samurai Champloo seeing as how Jin is already taken.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 19:56:35

Actually that was just a joke. I was picking Vicious. But, since he's already taken How 'bout Gene Starwind from "Outlaw Star"?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 20:02:55

At 7/29/05 07:56 PM, Seagull_of_Hell wrote:
Actually that was just a joke. I was picking Vicious. But, since he's already taken How 'bout Gene Starwind from "Outlaw Star"?

He's taken. Try someone who isn't on this list

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 20:19:23

Okay! I think I found someone!

HIEI from Yu Yu Hakusho.

I like him because he's logical and powerful and gets straight to the point. He's not afraid to be cold and evil, yet he keeps helping Yusuke when he needs it. Plus his "Darkness of the Dragon Flame" attack (I think that's what it's called) is freakin' sweet.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 20:58:00

At 7/29/05 08:19 PM, Seagull_of_Hell wrote: Okay! I think I found someone!

HIEI from Yu Yu Hakusho.

I like him because he's logical and powerful and gets straight to the point. He's not afraid to be cold and evil, yet he keeps helping Yusuke when he needs it. Plus his "Darkness of the Dragon Flame" attack (I think that's what it's called) is freakin' sweet.

He's taken, but forgot who...unless he got deleted.

Plus he's a wuss compared to other badasses. Anything from any CS, AS, 4kids are nothing but wimps. If I could suggest, pick Onizuka or Sol Badguy.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 21:24:50

SON OF A BITCH!!!

Sanosuke from Ruruni Kenshin? He's probably taken, but what the hell?

If he's taken I'll choose Lil' Slugger from Paranoia Agent.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 21:25:53

Urge to destroy Hollywood.....RISING!!!!

I have just learned of the worst thing to happen since Neon Genesis Evangelion was licensed to be made live-action!

They are now making (I'd say you may wanna sit down, but you probably already are) Doom: The Movie!~ And what is seriously worse, The Rock is the Hero of the movie. God are they going to butchered this poor game! This will be far worse than even Tomb Raider could ever be. All is lost, we are all doomed.......

In other news, I have found the great thing to happen to All-Night Anime Marathons since Coffee. The 52 Once Insulated "Bubba Keg" Mug! (See Picture below) The thing is basically the results of crossing a coffee pot with an insulated thermos. As you can see, it's the size of a coffee pot or so, holds 52 ounces of coffee or b33r, and keeps them hot or cold very well. Needless to say, 52 ounces of coffee in a single sitting is practically a lethal dose of caffeine, but damn it, my anime is worth the caffeine poisoning! (Note: Caffeine poisoning is real, and I've had it before. basically, you get a serious case of the shits, are jittery as hell, and act like Fry from Futurama in the ep "300 Big Boys," were he drank 100 cups of coffee straight.) Never drink a whole pot of coffee in a sitting if you only weigh about 114 pounds , which I did at the time. Not a pretty picture, I assure you .*Sweat drop*

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 21:28:46

At 7/29/05 08:19 PM, Seagull_of_Hell wrote: Okay! I think I found someone!

HIEI from Yu Yu Hakusho.

</goes demon form> <does spirit gun MAX power and kills him> :) lol joke hmm im bored and i like hiei to damn i shuld have picked him when i had the chance o_O but i forgot about him and went with yusuke well whatever yusuke is 100x more awsome anyways :D

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 23:33:01

HOlY SHIT THERS LIKE 30 PAGES!!! im not reading them all... anyways can I join your ANIME club.. I love anime. my favorite is Full Metal Alchemist.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 23:37:20

At 7/29/05 11:33 PM, Winch101 wrote: HOlY SHIT THERS LIKE 30 PAGES!!! im not reading them all... anyways can I join your ANIME club.. I love anime. my favorite is Full Metal Alchemist.

Yes you can join Please read all rules then lsit your top 5 fave anime shows. Then pick a character that is not chosen to represnt you.

Rules here

Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 23:44:02

At 7/29/05 11:33 PM, Winch101 wrote: HOlY SHIT THERS LIKE 30 PAGES!!! im not reading them all... anyways can I join your ANIME club.. I love anime. my favorite is Full Metal Alchemist.

Sure dude, just list your five favorite animes and chose a anime character to represent you. The character must be the same sex as you and not an animal or a robot. (Example: Ryo-oh-ki from Tenchi or a Gundam are both out of the question.) Here are the Rules , you must read them; and the Members List You have to pick an anime character that none of them have already picked.

In other news, I have found a great site that gives the lyrics and translations to almost ever anime song out there. Check it out! Anime Lyrics site

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 23:51:38

After a fucking week, I've decided I'll be the Frog Hermit from Naruto, and if he is in use on the list, then, oh lord, strike me down where I stand.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 23:56:16

At 7/29/05 11:51 PM, arrogance wrote: After a fucking week, I've decided I'll be the Frog Hermit from Naruto, and if he is in use on the list, then, oh lord, strike me down where I stand.

Well, I'm only the lord of Shadows, but I guess I'll due. *Strikes you down* gaarashukaku = Jiraiya (Naruto) The "Frog Hermet" is indeed taken. Sorry man.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-29 23:58:55

At 7/29/05 11:51 PM, arrogance wrote: After a fucking week, I've decided I'll be the Frog Hermit from Naruto, and if he is in use on the list, then, oh lord, strike me down where I stand.

Is it that hard to click the dam link and see what characters are taken? Look then pick a character.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:01:17

Well, spank my ass and call me charlie.

As picking a character to represent you is a major aspect of the criteria for joining this place, I feel it, in the long run, has no affect on the subjects at hand. Its totatally insignificant. So, kick me to the curb for not choosing, or just let me be.

>_<

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:03:43

OK top 5 favorite are..
1- Full Metal Alchemist
2-Akira
3-HellSing
4-Trigun
5-Rurouni Kenshin

Winch101= Edward Elrick (Full Metal ALchemist.)
there any thing ells?

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:04:21

At 7/30/05 12:01 AM, arrogance wrote: Well, spank my ass and call me charlie.

As picking a character to represent you is a major aspect of the criteria for joining this place, I feel it, in the long run, has no affect on the subjects at hand. Its totatally insignificant. So, kick me to the curb for not choosing, or just let me be.

>_<

Then why dont you pick some character that aint taken sence you dont care that much. Just pick some one and then thats it as long as there not taken. Stop making a isssue out of something that aint.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:06:13

At 7/30/05 12:03 AM, Winch101 wrote: OK top 5 favorite are..
1- Full Metal Alchemist
2-Akira
3-HellSing
4-Trigun
5-Rurouni Kenshin

there any thing ells?

Nope it looks ok from what I can see. welcome to the club.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:06:42

1- Full Metal Alchemist
2-Akira
3-HellSing
4-Trigun
5-Rurouni Kenshin

there any thing ells?

Or instead of edward Elrick would "The Full Metal ALchemist" be out of the quesitons because that is also another name for him and its cooler!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:07:50

1- Full Metal Alchemist
2-Akira
3-HellSing
4-Trigun
5-Rurouni Kenshin

there any thing ells?

Nope, just make sure you read the rules and understand the section regarding Spoiler Warnings, and you're good to go. Welcome to the club!

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:10:24

At 7/30/05 12:04 AM, SinFilledHeart wrote:

Then why dont you pick some character that aint taken sence you dont care that much. Just pick some one and then thats it as long as there not taken. Stop making a isssue out of something that aint.

This is an internal conflict.

My keen peepers scanned the list through and through.
I will be Baki, from Naruto.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:12:05

At 7/30/05 12:10 AM, arrogance wrote:

Haha finally I hope it aint taken becouse I dont feel like looking. But dam good job for picking some one and LOOKING(as I hope you did).

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:14:16

At 7/30/05 12:10 AM, arrogance wrote:

OK then, so post you top 5, and that you are Baki so the whole thing is official, and you're good to go.

Response to Anime Club 2005-07-30 00:18:27

I like Anime tooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111