00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bam76pixon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,837,169 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-28 20:27:05

I finished Trigun today. I went into it blind, not knowing what to expect. It was a nice watch, something a little more serious than what I've seen lately.

Response to Anime Club 2014-07-29 09:42:01

Can i join

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-01 16:20:41

So I've been re watching the only good funimation dub, Dragon Ball Z, and realized how they fucked up with the soundtrack, I'm not sure if I'm watching a different version, or they did fuck up because I don't remember this music when goku went ssj1. Anyone know what's up, and can they send me a hd link to watch the one with the good ost?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-01 20:22:43

At 8/1/14 04:20 PM, darkjam wrote: So I've been re watching the only good funimation dub, Dragon Ball Z

Aren't these all dubbed by FUNimation?

Blue Gender
Darker Than Black
Hellsing Ultimate
Case Closed/Detective Conan
Desert Punk
Space Dandy
FMA Brotherhood

Cuz those dubs were just fine.

And I've heard mostly good things from people who watched the Black Lagoon dub, though I've only seen it subbed (I rub Lebby's Engurish).

and realized how they fucked up with the soundtrack, I'm not sure if I'm watching a different version, or they did fuck up because I don't remember this music when goku went ssj1. Anyone know what's up, and can they send me a hd link to watch the one with the good ost?

I dunno which music you're hearing. You could be watching DBZ Kai or maybe you're watching the one with music by Bruce Faulconer.

You're watching it wrong if you're not watching the Ocean dub from the beginning up until the Frieza saga and then switching over to 90's FUNimation dub.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-02 10:06:31

At 8/1/14 08:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Blue Gender
Darker Than Black
Hellsing Ultimate
Case Closed/Detective Conan
Desert Punk
Space Dandy
FMA Brotherhood
Cuz those dubs were just fine.

Only ever watched Blue Gender and Hellsing Ultimate from that list, they were alright in my eyes.

I dunno which music you're hearing. You could be watching DBZ Kai or maybe you're watching the one with music by Bruce Faulconer.

You're watching it wrong if you're not watching the Ocean dub from the beginning up until the Frieza saga and then switching over to 90's FUNimation dub.

Watch the link in my previous post and go to the bit where Krillin dies, then you'll see, I know that's not Faluconer's work, I even checked the Future Trunks scene, his music wasn't there, just silence.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-02 10:20:17

At 8/2/14 10:06 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 8/1/14 08:22 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: You're watching it wrong if you're not watching the Ocean dub from the beginning up until the Frieza saga and then switching over to 90's FUNimation dub.
Watch the link in my previous post and go to the bit where Krillin dies, then you'll see, I know that's not Faluconer's work, I even checked the Future Trunks scene, his music wasn't there, just silence.

This is the dub I'm looking for but I just can't find it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-02 11:00:29

At 3/21/03 07:16 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is a call for all anime fans of Newgrounds... Do not despair there is a place where you can share and express your thoughts and discuss anime... This club isn't limited only to anime. Manga, hentai, doujin, OVAs, OSTs, and videogame discussion is also encouraged.

Hallo! Can I join?? Anime is life... :D

Gratata :D

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-02 15:00:54

At 7/29/14 09:42 AM, Indeks wrote: Can i join
At 8/2/14 11:00 AM, crunchyfun1 wrote: Hallo! Can I join?? Anime is life... :D

There's no initiation or whatever anymore. We used to list our favorite anime and choose an anime character to represent us, any already taken by other users being unavailable. We even had an updated list on another site of who was who. We don't do that now, though. Just post.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-05 06:43:30

Oh, don't need to become a member ? Who are watching Shingeki no Kyojin ?

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-05 13:19:45

At 8/5/14 06:43 AM, BandolXD wrote: Oh, don't need to become a member ? Who are watching Shingeki no Kyojin ?

If you mean Attack on Titan, I was DVRing it and have been meaning to watch it. I only watched the first two episodes so far.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-06 05:57:09

At 8/5/14 01:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 8/5/14 06:43 AM, BandolXD wrote: Oh, don't need to become a member ? Who are watching Shingeki no Kyojin ?
If you mean Attack on Titan, I was DVRing it and have been meaning to watch it. I only watched the first two episodes so far.

That was cool :D ! Somehow, I just watch it in Anime Sites.

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-13 17:39:18

Hey :)
I'd like to join!

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-14 16:02:46

At 8/6/14 05:57 AM, BandolXD wrote:
At 8/5/14 01:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
That was cool :D ! Somehow, I just watch it in Anime Sites.

I stream stuff sometimes. There's a site I like for watching anime on my phone.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-08-26 23:15:54

Attack on Titan started out being humans versus Titans, but then things change as the show progresses. I left out the spoilers.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-01 00:47:50

I finally got around to watching Cowboy Bebop. It was enjoyable, but not quite as good as everyone hyped it up to be.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-02 13:54:51

Attack on Titan is decent so far. I'm sick of this voice actor who plays Eren, though. I was already getting tired of him watching Blue Exorcist. He's annoying.

At 9/1/14 12:47 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I finally got around to watching Cowboy Bebop. It was enjoyable, but not quite as good as everyone hyped it up to be.

I thought it was.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-03 12:26:38

At 9/1/14 12:47 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: I finally got around to watching Cowboy Bebop. It was enjoyable, but not quite as good as everyone hyped it up to be.

I enjoyed it much more the second time through, knowing what to expect. The internet does blow it out of proportion, and I had the misfortune of watching Neon Genesis Evangelion beforehand which just happened to be both the best TV series and movie that have ever existed. Seeing Cowbop ranked up there beside it meant I was bound for disappointment.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-03 14:16:37

At 9/2/14 01:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Attack on Titan is decent so far. I'm sick of this voice actor who plays Eren, though. I was already getting tired of him watching Blue Exorcist. He's annoying.

That's something we all have to get used to, he gets casted everywhere, even the background character role which is usually reserved for newbie VAs.

Granted, much of the hate he received stems from Guilty Crown.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-03 15:42:44

At 9/3/14 02:16 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 9/2/14 01:54 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Attack on Titan is decent so far. I'm sick of this voice actor who plays Eren, though. I was already getting tired of him watching Blue Exorcist. He's annoying.
That's something we all have to get used to, he gets casted everywhere, even the background character role which is usually reserved for newbie VAs.

The whiny shout-crying is annoying. It reminds me of Kei Kurono from Gantz.

Also, did you guys hear that some kid messed with MAL? I dunno if the stuff he changed was fixed, but he went around editing a bunch of pages.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-03 16:08:31

At 9/3/14 03:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Also, did you guys hear that some kid messed with MAL? I dunno if the stuff he changed was fixed, but he went around editing a bunch of pages.

What happened?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-03 16:15:07

At 9/3/14 04:08 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 9/3/14 03:42 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
What happened?

He changed a whole bunch of anime pages. Titles and episode numbers and stuff. Apparently, a lot of them were changed to 9,001 episodes (hurr get it?) and he kept pasting the same plot description or something.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-03 16:34:41

At 9/3/14 04:15 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

He changed a whole bunch of anime pages. Titles and episode numbers and stuff. Apparently, a lot of them were changed to 9,001 episodes (hurr get it?) and he kept pasting the same plot description or something.

That lame joke? People these days, not to mention it wasn't even 9000 in the original version.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-04 21:08:02

At 8/26/14 02:32 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Just finished watching School Days recently and the ending was quite surprising and unexpected. Well maybe not really, since the MC had it coming. Still, the ending was a great twist and it will forever remain one of the darkest endings in anime.

Want to know the sad part? He was killed by his own niece.

Goes to show how incest can be dangerous, even if you didn't know it was incest.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-05 00:39:31

At 9/4/14 11:10 PM, Vinnyy wrote: Yeah, talk about a harem gone wrong.

I think it's safe to say that everyone is a little screwed up in that world, but considering that it was a deconstruction of the harem genre, you just knew it wasn't going to end well for... well everyone.

Speaking of which, from my rather limited knowledge of harem anime/manga/LNs, {at least the modern ones} it seems like either the male lead is a womanizing douchebag, {to which degree depends on the writer} or is such a complete dumbass that any subtle attempts at love by the females is virtually worthless to an annoying level. Granted, there are some exceptions like Issei from High School DxD who is pretty perverted but is still good character overall, but you don't see too many of them if at all. {Ichika Orimura is an example, and has replaced Suzaku Kururugi for the top spot of my personal hate slate for characters, but I digress}

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-05 02:11:29

At 9/5/14 12:39 AM, orangebomb wrote: it seems like either the male lead is a womanizing douchebag, {to which degree depends on the writer} or is such a complete dumbass that any subtle attempts at love by the females is virtually worthless to an annoying level.

There's also the prude who is afraid when women throw themselves at him.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-05 23:40:39

Anybody remember Ranma 1/2? I liked that show.

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-09 20:02:02

Attack on Titan finally showed a female Titan this week. I hope this show continues it current quality.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-10 10:27:04

psycho pass S2 is due in a month, dudes. i'm disappointed that it's just one cour but i'm looking forward to how they'll handle akane as an enforcer.

slowly trudging through the monogatari series in the meantime. i'm halfway along bake and i'm surprised i dropped it a while ago. it's really not bad at all.

crab > snail > monkey

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-10 14:30:41

At 9/9/14 08:02 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Attack on Titan finally showed a female Titan this week. I hope this show continues it current quality.

Turns out she's named after a certain character from a Woody Allen movie.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2014-09-11 22:21:42

I can't believe this thread is still going. Brings back a lot of memories.

BBS Signature