00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Etwig just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,819,691 Views | 59,822 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 10:08:34

At 7/5/08 09:55 AM, Mikey-1 wrote: Hmm, I enjoy watching a good Anime once in awhile, so maybe this club could be good for me, plus I'd get to meet some people.

Anyway, any of you remember Slam Dunk? Your thoughts on it? Personally, I think that the ending wasn't that good, because it was quite the cliffhanger. Good thing the manga didn't end exactly like the Anime though.

I've heard of it, but I don't tend to watch sports anime. But trust me, there can be a lot worse endings then just a cliffhanger.

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 10:14:11

At 7/5/08 10:08 AM, uhnoesanoob wrote: I've heard of it, but I don't tend to watch sports anime. But trust me, there can be a lot worse endings then just a cliffhanger.

People actually end animes with a filler?

Immortality elixirs NAO

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 16:47:37

At 7/5/08 12:32 PM, Bonehimer wrote:
At 7/5/08 06:51 AM, Robotussin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2TodRqww to

Hajime No Ippo is more inspirational. Faget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXI9Xa_ch Oo
God damn i love Ippo. Still shed manly tears when i hear Yuuzorano Kamihikouki. This show almost inspire me to take boxing but then remember that i am scrawny and too lazy to work out.

I would recommend tomorrows joe if you haven't already checked it out.

Can you tell me what's so great about Ippo?
I've heard a lot about it, but can't seem to try it because of it's oldness.
Any particular recommendations?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 18:39:45

At 7/5/08 06:28 PM, xscoot wrote: Well, you shold try a manga/anime regardless of oldness.

Some are like wine or cheese, better with age.

I know that, I'm open for everything, that's why I asked what's so good about Ippo.

I myself recommend Bleach, Deathnote, Fullmetal Alchemist, Akira, ghost in the shell, and mobile wing gundam (including the spinoffs). I'm also told that the .hack series is pretty good, as well as 20th Century Boys, with the latter having won multiple awards for best manga.

Lol wtf XD, I meant recommendations, as in Ippo.
Also, those are the anime of whom everyone already has seen.

Apart from Akira, FMA and GiTs, you should recommend people stuff that are actually more refined. Still, these series are quite known.

How about you watch some more underground anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 18:43:03

At 7/5/08 06:28 PM, xscoot wrote: Well, you shold try a manga/anime regardless of oldness. Some are like wine or cheese, better with age.

I can't actually think of any anime which has gotten better by being older.

Sure there's anime which don't seem worse as they get older (and production values get higher), but I can't think of any that gets better.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 18:49:07

I do, because Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen looks amazing, and it is even more amazing when you realize it's made in 1996. When you look at anime of nowadays, they aren't even half as good as Kenshin.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:01:30

At 7/5/08 06:49 PM, DJJ-asshole wrote: I do, because Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen looks amazing, and it is even more amazing when you realize it's made in 1996. When you look at anime of nowadays, they aren't even half as good as Kenshin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O mah gawd, lmao.

At 7/5/08 06:50 PM, xscoot wrote: Adolf, Case Closed, Golgo 13, Yotsuba&!

Oh yeah, amazing stuff.

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:05:44

At 7/5/08 06:49 PM, DJJ-asshole wrote: I do, because Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen looks amazing, and it is even more amazing when you realize it's made in 1996. When you look at anime of nowadays, they aren't even half as good as Kenshin.

That was made in 1999, not 1996.

And there was really very little to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:15:07

At 7/5/08 07:01 PM, Gendo wrote: O mah gawd, lmao.

WHUT?
It really does look amazing, if you can't see it, you must be blind after watching too much hentai.

At 7/5/08 07:05 PM, Kuro wrote: That was made in 1999, not 1996.

And there was really very little to it.

My mistake. But I don't understand why you people don't think it's astonishing.
It runs on a solid 30 frames per second, in comparison, I sometimes have the feeling that Naruto runs on 12 fps (even though it doesn't obviously)... The water animation is amazing, there's this part where it looks like real water. Also, for such an old anime to use such a big budget is quite rare, therefore it deserves the respect.

Also, animation =/= graphics, bear that in mind. While Death Note has great graphics, it hardly is dynamic. Rurouni Kenshin is dynamic, that's for sure.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:21:12

At 7/5/08 07:15 PM, DJJ-asshole wrote: My mistake. But I don't understand why you people don't think it's astonishing.

The mousey girl screams "violence! violence!"

The mousey girl screams "violence! violence!"

She gets hysterical.

And they're all so mean.

And it's my favourite scene.

I just didn't find it interestingly directed at all, and the plot was a bit thin.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:28:32

And Gendo, for the record, it's Tsuiokuhen, not the normal Kenshin series. The OVA.

But Kuro probably knows, since he said 1999.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:31:58

At 7/5/08 07:21 PM, xscoot wrote: The first well animated anime movie was akira, as the faces actually moved when people talked!

See: Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, and Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:41:37

At 7/5/08 07:28 PM, DJJ-asshole wrote: And Gendo, for the record, it's Tsuiokuhen, not the normal Kenshin series. The OVA.

Scarcely changes my opinion.

I don't care about quality of animation if the plot has absolutely no appeal to me.

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:47:47

At 7/5/08 07:17 PM, Mendou wrote: Hello, my name is Samurai Champloo, what is yours?

NG really needs an "edit" button, I have been inactive for too long that rely too much on the edit button on other forum.

Back on topic:
Oh for the love of God, don't want to raise my voi- use caps, but I'm talking about the Clannad, where this little girl and the robot appear (not impressed by the CGI, but the rather the 2D animated girl). And I still hope Makoto Shinkai makes another movie, because you will be shocked by his talent.

At 7/5/08 07:21 PM, Kuro wrote: I just didn't find it interestingly directed at all, and the plot was a bit thin.

True, but you can't make a rich history of something that's already been decided in the main series...
Also, for me it wasn't for the plot, because you kind of knew his history already.

It's the way how the story's told (like in Peter Jackson's King Kong, you already know what's going to happen). In this case, the music was great, the detail in each frame was impressive. That, along with the way of directing really appealed me.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 19:56:33

At 7/5/08 07:47 PM, DJJ-asshole wrote: True, but you can't make a rich history of something that's already been decided in the main series...
Also, for me it wasn't for the plot, because you kind of knew his history already.

Sure you can.

Who says it has to follow the main series exactly?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 20:05:38

Dammit, the "href" codes got messed up, deleting the biggest part of my message.
Reminds me of my first weeks on NG...

That being said; well since Tsuiokuhen was an explanation for Kenshin's behaviour, it had to be like that.
Or is there another option?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 21:56:00

I can't really explain what makes Hajime no Ippo so good, it just sucks you in. I watched the entire 70 episode series and the two movies in a week. Just watch the first episode on YouTube or something, it starts off a little quirky building up the plot but then it blossoms into a great anime with a great plot and lovable characters.

Yum.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-05 22:39:23

Someone here give me a link to some of that fucked up scary anime shit, I can't find it.

and google's being a bitch.

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 00:29:18

So I started watching Kure-nai based exclusively off of seeing a couple of pictures of Murasaki.

It's a bit different to what I was expecting, but I made a point of finding out as little as possible about the series before watching it.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 00:37:41

At 7/5/08 10:39 PM, bigjuicy wrote: Someone here give me a link to some of that fucked up scary anime shit, I can't find it.

Are you just looking for guro or a specific series?

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 00:48:48

At 7/6/08 12:29 AM, Kuro wrote: So I started watching Kure-nai based exclusively off of seeing a couple of pictures of Murasaki.

It's a bit different to what I was expecting, but I made a point of finding out as little as possible about the series before watching it.

Do you enjoy it? Or is it boring?

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 00:50:55

At 7/6/08 12:48 AM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Do you enjoy it? Or is it boring?

That seems like an odd thing for me to have forgotten to write in.

I am enjoying it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 01:39:05

At 7/6/08 12:29 AM, Kuro wrote: So I started watching Kure-nai based exclusively off of seeing a couple of pictures of Murasaki.

Heh, great decision-making skills.

I'm eager to go through it, followed it for a bit but I've yet to really give it a serious watch. Too bad BULLSHIT SUBS sucks dicks and their tracker is crap.

Gonna finish Akagi first, plus thanks to a friend I've now GOT to watch Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei (watched episode eleven with him earlier and it turns out the show is a fuckload more awesome than I was expecting).

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 02:30:10

At 7/6/08 01:39 AM, Gendo wrote: Heh, great decision-making skills.

It looked like it had good art, so yeah.

I'm eager to go through it, followed it for a bit but I've yet to really give it a serious watch. Too bad BULLSHIT SUBS sucks dicks and their tracker is crap.

Either two different teams are subbing it, or just the one team subbed the first two episodes with different fonts.

Gonna finish Akagi first, plus thanks to a friend I've now GOT to watch Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei (watched episode eleven with him earlier and it turns out the show is a fuckload more awesome than I was expecting).

It is really quite an enjoyable show.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 06:39:26

It looks like I'm in a rut as far as anime is concerned. I haven't watched anything on DVD in a while now and the only TV shows with new episodes are on Cartoon Network; I wish Death Note would end already because it feels like it's being stretched out, and for some reason I'm having trouble getting myself to watch Code Geass (maybe because the guys who did "Your favorite anime sucked" at Anime Punch called it "Code Gay-ass").
Also, I started purging my Netflix queue when they announced that they were doing away with profiles (a call they later reversed), so I now have to try to remember what I got rid of and decide if I should re-add it.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 10:07:48

I agree with DN being stretched out.
The first arcs were original, but then they just had to add Near and Mello, they totally ruined the whole atmosphere.
Also, the ending is incredibly retarted, but meh, there's got to be an end to it.

I like the concept in overall though, wouldn't call DN a bad anime.

For Code Geass: you should consider watching it. It isn't farfetched as in DN, and the mood is excitement is constant.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 10:38:16

At 7/6/08 01:39 AM, Gendo wrote: I'm eager to go through it, followed it for a bit but I've yet to really give it a serious watch. Too bad BULLSHIT SUBS sucks dicks and their tracker is crap.

Was it the type that has so many fucking Japanese words that you bang your head against the wall in frustration?

I just got started on Akagi, but I still like Kaiji better, must be due to the crying.

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 12:52:40

At 7/6/08 10:07 AM, DJJ-asshole wrote: I agree with DN being stretched out.
The first arcs were original, but then they just had to add Near and Mello, they totally ruined the whole atmosphere.
Also, the ending is incredibly retarted, but meh, there's got to be an end to it.

Funny thing, I was thinking the same today...

Yeah, it could have just as well ended at Ladies Night, or somewhere around there. Haven't seen the movie, which ends with Kira getting caught around that time (sorry if I spoilt it to someone, hell, I spoilt it to myself, didn't I?), but no idea how well it's played.

Also am I the only one who liked her?

Anime Club

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 13:50:59

At 7/6/08 02:30 AM, Kuro wrote: It looked like it had good art, so yeah.

It actually does have quite an awesome style, which was the one thing that really made me give it a second look.

Either two different teams are subbing it, or just the one team subbed the first two episodes with different fonts.

I think only BSS is subbing it, although I could be wrong.

At 7/6/08 10:38 AM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Was it the type that has so many fucking Japanese words that you bang your head against the wall in frustration?

No, they're just slow, staffed by whiny faggots and their releases are in multi-part mkvs.

Plus their BitTorrent tracker died around the same time the last episode was released.

I just got started on Akagi, but I still like Kaiji better, must be due to the crying.

Akagi's been a cool show so far (and I like Washizu as a villain much more than Hyoudou), but Kaiji was just a more likable guy.

Response to Anime Club 2008-07-06 13:54:35

At 7/6/08 02:30 AM, Kuro wrote: It looked like it had good art, so yeah.

It actually does have quite an awesome style, which was the one thing that really made me give it a second look.

I think only BSS is subbing it, although I could be wrong.

At 7/6/08 10:38 AM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Was it the type that has so many fucking Japanese words that you bang your head against the wall in frustration?

No, they're just slow, staffed by whiny faggots and their releases are in multi-part mkvs.

Plus their BitTorrent tracker died around the same time the last episode was released.

Akagi's been a cool show so far (and I like Washizu as a villain much more than Hyoudou), but Kaiji was just a more likable guy.