00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tdpreston just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,831,650 Views | 59,823 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:15:22

At 4/12/07 07:08 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: How many fucking things crawled up your ass and died man!? Get a fucking grip on yourself! You're talking to the creator of the very club you're posting so maliciously in!

He no longer hold authority, and instead of doing anything to fix the "problems" with the club, he complains about the current leaders and how things aren't like the "old days".

Also, hold you tongue when addressing an authority figure, you little bastard. I'm sick and tired of hearing Starks complain and unless he has some agreeable and well-defined suggestions to improve the club, I'm in no mood to listen to his bullshit.

I'm really sick of getting angry at people, so the bollocks stops now.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:18:35

At 4/12/07 07:03 PM, Gendo wrote: Don't like the way the club's being lead? Do something besides bitch about it or GTFO.

No. I'm tired of getting bullied around as I watch this club destroy itself. Every time I try to do something to steer this club back in the right direction, its you guys who rally the club against my efforts. I'm sorry, but the only thing I can do is bitch. I'm not allowed to do anything else.

Past leaders of this club (including myself) have been open to ideas from its members. You guys simply just tune out the dissenters and go about your business. Do you honestly think that Tink, Miroku, or Inuyasha (the other 3 people this club owes the majority of its existence and popularity to) would appreciate what you guys have done here? It is an undeniable fact that this club is ruled by cronyism.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:22:19

At 4/12/07 07:18 PM, LLStarks wrote:
Past leaders of this club (including myself) have been open to ideas from its members. You guys simply just tune out the dissenters and go about your business. Do you honestly think that Tink, Miroku, or Inuyasha (the other 3 people this club owes the majority of its existence and popularity to) would appreciate what you guys have done here? It is an undeniable fact that this club is ruled by cronyism.

What-ism?

And I'll be quiet than. I don't wanna get banned. Who are the authority figures in this seemingly-corrupting crew anyway?

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:26:10

At 4/12/07 07:18 PM, LLStarks wrote: Past leaders of this club (including myself) have been open to ideas from its members.

Nobody ever makes suggestions, so that's a tad of a moot point.

Do you honestly think that Tink, Miroku, or Inuyasha (the other 3 people this club owes the majority of its existence and popularity to) would appreciate what you guys have done here?

Blah, I strive to please no one.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:27:43

I would of course would pick zabuza but hes taken
so I pick Shotaro Kaneda.

1/AKIRA
2/Princess mononoke
3/NEO GENESIS evangelion
4/Gundam stardust memories.
5/Eureka7
6/FLCL
7/NARUTO
8/Samurai Champloo
9/s.CRY.ed
10/Ghost in a shell

probably not a 100% accurate list but it is off the top of my head.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:29:18

At 4/12/07 07:22 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: What-ism?

And I'll be quiet than. I don't wanna get banned. Who are the authority figures in this seemingly-corrupting crew anyway?

Cronyism is partiality to long-standing friends, especially by appointing them to public office without regard for their qualifications. The word "cronyism" is always used derogatorily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronyism

The Bad Apples

Wonko-the-Sane
Gendo
HaroFreak

The Innocent Ones and/or the Inactives

MrTrivia
ProtoBassX
Noctroler
TheDarkmoon
Kisuke
Dr-HyakuNinGiri

The Deposed Leaders

Tink13
LLStarks

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:30:58

At 4/12/07 07:27 PM, Kirigakure-No-Kijin wrote: I would of course would pick zabuza but hes taken

Right then, welcome to the club. You've got quite a good list.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:32:17

At 4/12/07 07:29 PM, LLStarks wrote:

MrTrivia
ProtoBassX
Noctroler
TheDarkmoon
Kisuke
Dr-HyakuNinGiri

What am I? None of the above? I'm plenty Inactive! : P

Not anymore.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:37:49

At 4/12/07 07:35 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Im not on that list......sad...but just kidding i suppose im still a new guy so i shoudent expect such things yet.

Oh joy, another off-hand remark lacking relevance and importance.

Just what I wanted to read.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:40:24

At 4/12/07 07:37 PM, Gendo wrote:
Oh joy, another off-hand remark lacking relevance and importance.

Just what I wanted to read.

Wow... and just after Ak just sent me a PM saying how decent he thought you were. That's the perfect way to repay him.

Anyway noone has answered my question whether or not Trinity Blood is really over.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:48:47

Gendo seems to think that if he ignores me, I'll go away, perhaps for good. However, unlike Tink, I'm a 19 year old college student named Eric, and I'm still here.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:49:10

At 4/12/07 07:40 PM, Twilight-Knight wrote: Wow... and just after Ak just sent me a PM saying how decent he thought you were. That's the perfect way to repay him.

Just stuff it, sonny.

His post was pointless and I'm sure he full well knows that.

Anyway noone has answered my question whether or not Trinity Blood is really over.

Yes, it ended. New episodes haven't been produced since 2005.

Five seconds on Wikipedia would have told you that.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:56:30

Hey Gendo, delete your account.

7 words.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 19:58:29

At 4/12/07 07:48 PM, LLStarks wrote: Gendo seems to think that if he ignores me, I'll go away, perhaps for good. However, unlike Tink, I'm a 19 year old college student named Eric, and I'm still here.

I'm laughing my ass off right now.

At 4/12/07 07:52 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: Sorry about the pointless post,

No need to apologize, just refrain from repeating your mistake.

Not sure if i want new trinity blood episode's,Im not flaming it or anything like that, but it just never got me hooked and seemed kinds like a watered down hellsing.

I wasn't a fan, but at the same time, I'm sure new episodes or an OVA wouldn't hurt. The series does have a reasonably large fanbase.

Also, the novels are finally getting an English translation, I may pick one up and give it a read.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:02:16

At 4/12/07 07:56 PM, Ecke wrote: Hey Gendo, delete your account.

7 words.

7 is a number, not a word. You should at least spell it out.

54 of MAR was pretty funny, especially how team MAR kept laughing and making fun of Alan for being so lame (alergic to cats).

Yay for cat girls! If this club ever goes down, the new anime club's title should involve cat girls.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:02:47

At 4/12/07 07:29 PM, LLStarks wrote:
The Bad Apples

Wonko-the-Sane
Gendo
HaroFreak

Oh, goodie, pardon me whilst I dissect this.
Wonko - After he got control, kept this damned club ALIVE and ORGANIZED. Thwarted, as I understand it, multiple attempts by you to take it back.
Gendo - Honestly, seems like a slightly-less aggressive Wonko, minus just a few dashes of cool.
Haro - Okay, Starks, go die. Haro stays on topic, helps Gendo keep this place organized...need I say more?

MrTrivia
ProtoBassX
Noctroler
TheDarkmoon
Kisuke
Dr-HyakuNinGiri

Innocent? So in other words, you mena people who have never disagreed with you. Gotcha.

The Deposed Leaders

Tink13
LLStarks

Tink doesn't really have time for this place anymore, as I understand it. I communicated with her for a while, and that was the impression I got. Her life, as of the last time I talked to her, was way off track and she was fixing it up.
As for you...let's see, seems to me that you've been inactive for over two months at least ONCE during the existence of this club, so that sounds to me like you lost all authority then, not to mention the time when you left.

Funny that I'm not under bad apples. Maybe you were just referring to authority figures, I dunno.

Anyways, DirectTV seems to be sucking horribly. About all the anime I COULD watch is on Encore WAM! and that's just Gokusen and Mirage of Blaze. Since I don't know how far into the series they've gotten, I don't want to come in and be all confused because I'm on the second to last episode or something.
God, at least I can watch Miyu and Shingu at my sister's house.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:19:08

psyko, you and I both know that the only reason why I haven't had this club locked is because I still hang on to the glimmer of hope that I, or the people who run this club would make inroads to return this club to its former glory. I haven't seen such efforts. All I see are a bunch of rude hardliners oppressing all dissenters and muffling outside suggestions. You 3 rule by threatening users and by the sword. This club needs new leadership, and it doesn't need to be me.

This club shouldn't die or be locked. It doesn't need to be restarted. All it needs is a new leadership. Leaders who don't present themselves like arrogant assholes (myself and Wonko's bunch). If I had my way, it would be Trivia and the Dr. in charge. They are both charismatic and never boss people around.

I can't sit around and watch this club transform into the NG/A/... WE ARE NOT 4CHAN AND WE WILL NOT COMPARE OURSELVES TO THEM!

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:21:53

At 4/12/07 08:19 PM, LLStarks wrote: I can't sit around and watch this club transform into the NG/A/... WE ARE NOT 4CHAN AND WE WILL NOT COMPARE OURSELVES TO THEM!

Oh, shut up. We aren't 4chan, NG /A/ is just a goddamned name.

Don't like our dictatorship? Good for you, quit whining. You are accomplishing less than I am.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:28:18

At 4/12/07 08:21 PM, Gendo wrote: Oh, shut up. We aren't 4chan, NG /A/ is just a goddamned name.

Don't like our dictatorship? Good for you, quit whining. You are accomplishing less than I am.

This is what I'm talking about. You are ignorant. You ignore the other issues presented my post. Why not address them in a responsible and leader-like manner? You're the one who holds power. Ignoring my ideas and not even responding them in a semi-polite manner only proves my point. You are far from the likable leader you aspire to be. You and Wonko never have anything nice to say. You guys are supposed to represent this club. Just take a look at how you present yourselves.

Also, NG /A/ may just be a name. But do you understand the things /a/ represents?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:29:47

At 4/12/07 07:30 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 4/12/07 07:27 PM, Kirigakure-No-Kijin wrote: I would of course would pick zabuza but hes taken
Right then, welcome to the club. You've got quite a good list.

Thanx I hope to become an active member and come here often.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:29:58

At 4/12/07 08:25 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: That sucks, I never tryed direct tv,I just stick to the net or actually try to get the dvd's or boxset's.

I have a general dislike of television, and anime on TV (especially for us less fortunates in Canada with just a basic satellite package) is stuff I either don't like, stuff I've already seen or shows running on a really poor schedule (BECK being the major culprit here, Much Music has ruined the series by pushing back airings and leaving massive gaps between episodes).

I'd kill for something like Direct TV on Comcast On Demand.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:34:39

At 4/12/07 08:25 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote:
Kisuke
Dr-HyakuNinGiri
Never really met any of them

/Cry.....

I don't really like the NG/A/ name..kind of wierd and wouldn't make sense to anyone who didn't already know.

This club has glory days? I don't see how it has changed that much. Of course lots of people have grown up and moved on, either to college or jobs or both, so there isn't a wide variety of users posting, but there is a steady stream of newcomers, and the Spam levels are the same as always.

Isn't it good enough that we've been talking about anime for over 1400 pages? Despite all the argueing and non-anime related stuff, eventually the topic always gets back to it...usually only taking one post.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:41:29

At 4/12/07 08:28 PM, LLStarks wrote: This is what I'm talking about. You are ignorant. You ignore the other issues presented my post.

The issue at hand is things aren't running the way you want them to, and instead of doing the mature thing and moving on, you're getting like an irritable child who wants his own way.

You are far from the likable leader you aspire to be.

I don't aspire to be anything, NG is far from an important part of my life. Running this club is something I do for fun.

Whiners like you ruin the fun.

You and Wonko never have anything nice to say.

Hahaha, shut up, lurk moar, etc.

Just because I have nothing nice to say to a bratty ex-leader does not mean I'm always this surly.

Also, NG /A/ may just be a name. But do you understand the things /a/ represents?

I'm not stupid, I'm active on the chan sites. Quit making a huge deal out of what the name "represents".

At 4/12/07 08:29 PM, Kirigakure-No-Kijin wrote: Thanx I hope to become an active member and come here often.

Good to hear, and I hope to see you stay active.

At 4/12/07 08:34 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: This club has glory days? I don't see how it has changed that much. Of course lots of people have grown up and moved on, either to college or jobs or both, so there isn't a wide variety of users posting, but there is a steady stream of newcomers, and the Spam levels are the same as always.

I'm glad someone's been browsing here with their eyes open.

Isn't it good enough that we've been talking about anime for over 1400 pages? Despite all the argueing and non-anime related stuff, eventually the topic always gets back to it...usually only taking one post.

Most arguments would have ended by now, but instead of lettings things return to normal, Starks has to continue to blather even when we've found something else to talk about.

I'm sick of arguing with him.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:56:37

Here's my joining stuff.

Ten items, no real correlation. Or is there?

1. Amaenaideyo!! Katsu!!
2. Ichigo 100%
3. Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
4. Shuffle!
5. Futakoi
6. Koi Koi Seven
7. G-On Riders
8. Happiness!
9. W Wish
10. Sailor Moon

As for more character, I choose:

CPO/Lt Ryu Jose of the Earth Federation Forces
Mobile Suit Gundam

Let me know if I missed anything.

Anime Club

Sense is made.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 20:57:58

At 4/12/07 08:56 PM, Brownie210 wrote: Let me know if I missed anything.

Nope, you're fine.

Welcome to the club. May I compliment you on your taste and character selection?

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:04:08

As one of the few black anime characters that I respect, Brownie's character wins.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:05:05

At 4/12/07 09:04 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: As one of the few black anime characters that I respect, Brownie's character wins.

Ryu was a true warrior who lived quite the epic life, most underrated Gundam character ever.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:09:00

At 4/12/07 08:57 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 4/12/07 08:56 PM, Brownie210 wrote: Let me know if I missed anything.
Nope, you're fine.

Welcome to the club. May I compliment you on your taste and character selection?

You are more than welcome to.

Anyways, as an owner of DirectTV, its not so good as you imagine. At least, for me.

Sense is made.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:16:00

At 4/12/07 09:09 PM, Brownie210 wrote: You are more than welcome to.

Fab-tabulous.

Anyways, as an owner of DirectTV, its not so good as you imagine. At least, for me.

I see, I don't really watch TV other than for re-runs of old shows and House MD on Tuesdays, so chances are I'd get no use out of DirectTV.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:22:40

At 4/12/07 09:16 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 4/12/07 09:09 PM, Brownie210 wrote: You are more than welcome to.
Fab-tabulous.
I see, I don't really watch TV other than for re-runs of old shows and House MD on Tuesdays, so chances are I'd get no use out of DirectTV.

It was really neat when they had the Anime Network PPV for a month last year. However, they will show some good stuff once in awhile.

Sense is made.

BBS Signature