00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coralteeth just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,854,045 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:28:06

Cartoon Network is good enough for me. It has had plenty of good animes on it and some that are on now that are still good..though usually early in the morning, like Mon Cole Knights, Digimon, and Voltron. And it has the occasional Miyazaki movie..or a "month of Miyazaki"..that was great...

Damn, I need to find some doujins of this series! I'll send you the link to the full size image Haro and Gendo. If you have photoshop or something maybe you can blend out the connecting parts...I guess it is the lighting or something, cus even when i take screenshots of middle parts, there are still different colors...when in the full part there were none...really wierd/annoying.

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:31:44

At 4/12/07 09:28 PM, Dr-HyakuNinGiri wrote: Mon Cole Knights

A friend of mine brought that up today...I barely remember it.

Damn, I need to find some doujins of this series!

I agree, hawt stuff.

If you have photoshop or something maybe you can blend out the connecting parts...I guess it is the lighting or something, cus even when i take screenshots of middle parts, there are still different colors...when in the full part there were none...really wierd/annoying.

Annoying indeed, I can use GIMP to blend them.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:51:40

At 4/12/07 09:40 PM, KermitTheMuppet wrote: Hi guy. Yesterday, I finished reading vol. 2 of Samurai champloo and It became a new favorite of mine. It had a good balance in comedic and action aspects. The only things I disliked were it's length and not enough character backround (suprisingly, it reminded me alot of Zombie Powder). Anyway, it was fine none the less and I'll get started on the anime soon.

Yeah, the characters were pretty thin and the plot doesn't get a satisfactory conclusion.

The anime is win, but it has a worse ending.

Both are still great, though.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 21:52:23

Gendo, I'm not giving up because you guys don't want to reason with me. You guys forced me to give up everything when I was removed as leader. You least you could do is hear me out rather than discard my arguments. You aren't willing to improve the club with any ideas that come from me. If you guys don't get to take the credit, you'd rather the club stay as it is.

Also, what would you do if Tink came back? Tell her that she's been gone too long to have her name on the memberlist or remain recognized as a leader or authority figure. You can't recognize her authority without addressing mine.

Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:05:01

At 4/12/07 09:52 PM, LLStarks wrote: Gendo, I'm not giving up because you guys don't want to reason with me.

All you want to do is force your opinion on us, so no, we don't want to reason with you.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:05:30

At 4/12/07 09:54 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote:

What kind of suggestions do you mean?

Yeah. How can this club be improved on the Newgrounds Forum? The only problems are ones that can't be avoided on an open forum, like spam and noobs and no direct way to remove people. Cus really, all we can do is tell someone to leave, and if they don't we have to go to a Mod.

Yay! Found a doujinshi!

Anime Club

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:08:28

At 4/12/07 09:54 PM, Akatsuki321 wrote: What kind of suggestions do you mean? Id like to meet tink13 she seems cool.she did pretty good running the club back in the day.

I've suggested in the past that this club tried to reach out to the anime flash artists on NG. That idea was shot down by Wonko with little discussion.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:10:43

At 4/12/07 10:08 PM, LLStarks wrote: I've suggested in the past that this club tried to reach out to the anime flash artists on NG.

And that affects the club how?

It's by no means a bad idea, but I hardly see how that's vital to the flow of the club.

That idea was shot down by Wonko with little discussion.

Ah, the inevitable complaint.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:22:53

Well Gendo, I bring it up again because I think this club could be a lot more. I find it rather disturbing that this club has only 2 flashes attributed to it. Is it really that hard for us to organize a concerted effort to bring in flash artists as new members? Believe me, we've tried in the past, but our approach was flawed. I'm not asking for this club to organize a collab, all I wish for is to help attract a new crowd.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:27:17

At 4/12/07 10:22 PM, LLStarks wrote: Well Gendo, I bring it up again because I think this club could be a lot more. I find it rather disturbing that this club has only 2 flashes attributed to it. Is it really that hard for us to organize a concerted effort to bring in flash artists as new members? Believe me, we've tried in the past, but our approach was flawed. I'm not asking for this club to organize a collab, all I wish for is to help attract a new crowd.

Sounds okay, but I hardly see where it's all that important. Flash isn't all NG's about.

If you can propose an approach on how to recruit flash artists, I'll see what I can do.

I still fail to see why this disturbs you so, is it possible for a club on NG just to discuss stuff instead of being involved in other activities?

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:28:25

At 4/12/07 09:51 PM, Gendo wrote:
The anime is win, but it has a worse ending.

Both are still great, though.

I know I've been saying this (or have I?), but I am getting the Inukami movie when it comes to DVD. The series kicks ass and I cherish it.

TITTY BEAM (sorry if it's low quality)

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:33:22

Gendo, I have work to do tonight, but I'll get on the proposal ASAP.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:36:30

At 4/12/07 10:28 PM, supyohos123 wrote: I know I've been saying this (or have I?), but I am getting the Inukami movie when it comes to DVD. The series kicks ass and I cherish it.

I should check it out sometime, it looks good.

FUCKING LULZ!!!

At 4/12/07 10:33 PM, LLStarks wrote: Gendo, I have work to do tonight, but I'll get on the proposal ASAP.

Right-o.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:39:16

At 4/12/07 08:19 PM, LLStarks wrote: I can't sit around and watch this club transform into the NG/A/... WE ARE NOT 4CHAN AND WE WILL NOT COMPARE OURSELVES TO THEM!

Speak for yourself, you fucking rat. All of the times the active leaders now, and the pass leaders back then keep the club active and alive while you hide in a corner. So you have no right to belittle anyone you little snitch, rat cocksucker.

Governor of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 22:43:00

At 4/12/07 10:36 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 4/12/07 10:28 PM, supyohos123 wrote: I know I've been saying this (or have I?), but I am getting the Inukami movie when it comes to DVD. The series kicks ass and I cherish it.
I should check it out sometime, it looks good.
FUCKING LULZ!!!

He does the penis beam right after that. A lot of the male characters are naked throughout the series. Not to worry! You see the moving elephant trunks when it happens.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 23:04:19

Okay, first off, you guys are getting dangerously close to hentai. That kind of stuff should be handled via PMs, lest the mods come down on us like the AAHC.
Second, everybody...
WHO GIVES A FUCK?
How does it matter who leads? Really, tell me, I'd like to know. This place, last I checked, was a thread where we could go and bullshit about anime, not a place for a goddamned power struggle!
Starks, half of your posts in this club have to do with problems in leadership. Granted, half of those are most likely in RESPONSE to other people talking about leadership, but that's still way too goddamned many.
Wonko talks about anime a good deal of the time that he's here unless someone addresses him about leadership first, in which case he tries to get rid of the questions as soon as possible.
I come on here to talk about anime, and I see arguments between you and Gendo, Gendo and Akatsuki, you and Wonko, Wonko and Akatsuki...so much goddamned combat in an ANIME CLUB. If I wanted to spend fifteen pages bitching about leaders, I'd go into the goddamned politics thread!
Why not just make this a communal place, where we can actually talk about our shared interests and contribute to the club as a whole? Oh, wait, that would be...EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is as close to pissed as I ever hope to get.

Now, to go along with the subject that I've been suggesting, it turns out that my 13 year old cousin has TiVo in the front room of his house, and used it to record Spirited Away. Now I have to kill him and consume his soul to see it. Or I could just head over and watch the movie, but that's considerably less fun.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 23:11:21

You should try watching some animes on youtube for the ones on Adult Swim are starting to get really annoying, plus all the good stuff comes from the rivers of the internet/torrents.

Plus you should try checking out the spring lineup or other lineups once in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 23:14:29

At 4/12/07 11:11 PM, Naked-Shin wrote: You should try watching some animes on youtube

Shhhhhhhhhh! Shhhhhhhhhhhh! quite

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 23:28:33

I feel bad for people that watch anime online, especially for new series. There are far more high quality and efficient ways to watch new shows.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 23:37:08

At 4/12/07 11:14 PM, SenorPresidente wrote:
At 4/12/07 11:11 PM, Naked-Shin wrote: You should try watching some animes on youtube

Not only is it illegal for all parties involved, watching licensed anime online, without consent of the person or company holding the license, is very uncouth.

Sense is made.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-12 23:58:48

At 4/12/07 10:43 PM, supyohos123 wrote:

He does the penis beam right after that. A lot of the male characters are naked throughout the series. Not to worry! You see the moving elephant trunks when it happens.

They do the same elephant thing once in Ouran High School Host Club also. My...don't those Japanese think highly of themselves. (Just look at what LingLing from Drawn Together says after he gets de-asianed).

And I know what is and isn't hentai and what wouldn't be allowed on these forums. I only post pictures where everything that shouldn't be shown is covered up.

Member of the Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 00:03:08

At 4/12/07 11:37 PM, Brownie210 wrote:
Not only is it illegal for all parties involved, watching licensed anime online, without consent of the person or company holding the license, is very uncouth.

And be a brown noser for the rest of your life? Plus it's legal to watch them until they become licenced, so make hay while the sun shines.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 00:04:39

At 4/12/07 10:39 PM, Naked-Shin wrote

Speak for yourself, you fucking rat. All of the times the active leaders now, and the pass leaders back then keep the club active and alive while you hide in a corner. So you have no right to belittle anyone you little snitch, rat cocksucker.

Hahaha, oh wow.

Thanks, that gave me a real good laugh. I can safely say you've got more guts than me.

At 4/12/07 11:04 PM, psykolord wrote: How does it matter who leads? Really, tell me, I'd like to know. This place, last I checked, was a thread where we could go and bullshit about anime, not a place for a goddamned power struggle!

Yeah, I've got no interest in all this leadership bollocks. I just look after the club because Wonko asked me to.

loads of valid points
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is as close to pissed as I ever hope to get.

Very well said, my man.

Power struggle bullshit ends in 3, 2, 1......

NOW!

Starks, any future complaints will go on deaf ears, learn to present yourself as more than a whiny brat.

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 00:06:37

At 4/13/07 12:03 AM, Naked-Shin wrote: And be a brown noser for the rest of your life? Plus it's legal to watch them until they become licenced, so make hay while the sun shines.

As a fansubber and scanlator, I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 00:23:38

At 4/13/07 12:03 AM, Naked-Shin wrote:
At 4/12/07 11:37 PM, Brownie210 wrote:
And be a brown noser for the rest of your life? Plus it's legal to watch them until they become licenced, so make hay while the sun shines.

Dear sir, respecting the hard work animators, writers, producers, voice-actors and everyone involved in the making and legal enjoyment of fine, and not-so-fine, entertainment is not brown nosing. It is, as one would expect, the least we can do in thanks to them.

Sense is made.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 00:38:58

Here are the facts about the legality of fansubs: http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/licensed/

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 00:51:55

At 4/13/07 12:38 AM, LLStarks wrote: Here are the facts about the legality of fansubs: http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/licensed/

I think I did voice acting for an anime fansub/fandub once.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 01:17:57

At 4/13/07 12:51 AM, TacticalShoe wrote:
At 4/13/07 12:38 AM, LLStarks wrote: Here are the facts about the legality of fansubs: http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/licensed/
I think I did voice acting for an anime fansub/fandub once.

Pfft. I'm an encoder, typesetter, and QC'er,

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 01:30:58

At 4/13/07 12:23 AM, Brownie210 wrote: Dear sir, respecting the hard work animators, writers, producers, voice-actors and everyone involved in the making and legal enjoyment of fine, and not-so-fine, entertainment is not brown nosing. It is, as one would expect, the least we can do in thanks to them.

Yes, but it's better off free for anyone to see and not spend alot of money at times. But I agree on selling bootlegs and making an unhonest buck off of it, but I think it's better to watch free at times.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-04-13 01:36:20

There, that's settled. Now, onto things that kick ass.

New topic: Inuyasha. ***SPOILERS AHEAD***

I know people think the series sucks, but I personally enjoyed it. At least during the first few seasons, before it was "Oooh, new demon! WIND SCAR! OH NO, THE WIND SCAR WON'T WORK!" and of course before "Oh no, Naraku has 124123 of the jewel shards! Luckily there's 124127 or we'd be done for!"
My favorite parts were, specifically, all the way up to and including the fight with Ryokotsei and the Band of Seven story arc. I'm sorry, but the Band of Seven had quite a time showing what superior strategy could do to Inuyasha and his demon sword, and I loved every second of it.
Favorite character? Probably Sesshoumaru, not because I first thought he was Inny's sister, but because it takes a certain level of "yo" in order to not get pissed off from most of the shit he has to put up with.
The whole series goes like a game of D&D where the guy playing Inuyasha sucked the gamemaster off in order to get the ultimate weapon, and the Gamemaster said "You know what, you suck at blowjobs, so I'm going to make it so you can almost never use the weapon when it matters."
And personally, fuck what you all say, the Naraku and Sesshoumaru voice actors kicked ass; Naraku because he had that just-SLIGHTLY uncertain arrogance of evil (I can't descriobe it any better than that) and Sesshoumaru because he managed to stay in that calm monotone almost all the time.

***END SPOILERS***