Be a Supporter!

Anime Club

  • 1,486,600 Views
  • 61,540 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 02:30 PM, psykolord wrote: the hardcover (which was about $10) was cheaper than the paperback (which I found out was about $14)

Wait....what? That doesnt make sense. Since when do paperbacks cost more then hardcovers? Hell, if your paying $14 for paperback then your ass is getting ripped off. They sell pretty much no hardcover manga at my B&N, but the paperbacks only cost $10.

psykolord
psykolord
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 02:57 PM Reply

Brew, I just checked the prices (*has the manga in the living room with him*), and the hardcover was exactly $9.95 before tax, and the paperback was $13.95. Don't ask me why. It might have been because the hardcover was only the first volume, but I don't know.

On another note, I'll be continuing with Hellsing and Bleach, along with Detective Conan and maybe FMA. I might keep with Chobits and Fruits Basket, but Hellsing and Bleach take priority here.

Shadow-God-X
Shadow-God-X
  • Member since: May. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 12:31 PM, AshleyRiot wrote:
I doubt it, I hope the do have atleas Lee and Orochimaru hoodies, otherwise, I'll rape the un-godly shit out of each of their workers untill I see them in stock.

But yes, I would like one as well, and sound as well, possibly the sand as well, hell I'll take all of them. :D

Yeah, I would want to collect the whole set as well. At the very least I would want the Konohana one though, so I could put it over my left eye and Cos-play as my character: Kakashi. I could even order the custom Sharingan Contacts to wear under it. I'm sure one could get them if they searched the net for a dealer. You probably just need to get fitted for the contacts at a local Optomitrist, and include your prescription data with the order. I think I'll do a search and see if I can find some.....

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 02:57 PM, psykolord wrote: Brew, I just checked the prices (*has the manga in the living room with him*), and the hardcover was exactly $9.95 before tax, and the paperback was $13.95. Don't ask me why. It might have been because the hardcover was only the first volume, but I don't know.

I never said you were wrong, im just saying that its wierd. I've never heard of paperback costing more. You're right that Hellsing costs more then most for some reason, but it still doesnt make sence.

Shadow-God-X
Shadow-God-X
  • Member since: May. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:08 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 03:00 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote:
At 6/22/05 12:31 PM, AshleyRiot wrote:
I doubt it, I hope the do have atleas Lee and Orochimaru hoodies, otherwise, I'll rape the un-godly shit out of each of their workers untill I see them in stock.

But yes, I would like one as well, and sound as well, possibly the sand as well, hell I'll take all of them. :D
Yeah, I would want to collect the whole set as well. At the very least I would want the Konohana one though, so I could put it over my left eye and Cos-play as my character: Kakashi. I could even order the custom Sharingan Contacts to wear under it. I'm sure one could get them if they searched the net for a dealer. You probably just need to get fitted for the contacts at a local Optomitrist, and include your prescription data with the order. I think I'll do a search and see if I can find some.....

Yep, found 'em and quick! Expencive, but very accuratly made! Kakshi Lenses The have the Sasuke ones too. Just look on page 4 of the "Special Effects" contacts.

Shadow-God-X
Shadow-God-X
  • Member since: May. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:14 PM Reply

How cool is this? I think I'll start saving up for a pair and the exam fee......

Anime Club

power-of-morgana
power-of-morgana
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:28 PM Reply

damn those are cool i might save up for those too... but i would rather have kivas eyes from wolfs rieng...

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:41 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 03:00 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Yeah, I would want to collect the whole set as well. At the very least I would want the Konohana one though, so I could put it over my left eye and Cos-play as my character: Kakashi. I could even order the custom Sharingan Contacts to wear under it. I'm sure one could get them if they searched the net for a dealer. You probably just need to get fitted for the contacts at a local Optomitrist, and include your prescription data with the order. I think I'll do a search and see if I can find some.....

Yep, I'd do the same thing, only I would be Orochimaru. I've got the hair, I just need to stay out of the sun for about a year or so. lol But yes, I have seen sharingan contact lenses. I would love to have a pair. :D

At 6/22/05 03:08 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote: Yep, found 'em and quick! Expencive, but very accuratly made! Kakshi Lenses The have the Sasuke ones too. Just look on page 4 of the "Special Effects" contacts.

Awsome. But about $175 for a set is pretty nuts though. I could see about $120, but that is even pushing it for me.

But I think Itachis is the coolest they have...

http://www.coastalcontacts.com...5154238&ProductCode=SFX150

At 6/22/05 03:14 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote: How cool is this? I think I'll start saving up for a pair and the exam fee......

Heh, I'll have to later on down the road when I've got money. :/


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Tink13
Tink13
  • Member since: May. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 09:00 AM, mr_trivia wrote: Does anyone know when there will be an anime convention in central Ohio? I can't afford to drive to other states until I can pay for gasoline and a hotel room, so my best bet is to hope for a local con.

Yep I just found out about one a couple days ago and I've been meaning to tell you about it. Is Columbus close enough? : P Ohayocon ( just love the play on words here) is held at the Columbus convention center in 2006 January 6-8. Actually, since my Dad lives in Columbus again, I'm thinking about going ^_^ maybe I'll ACTUALLY make it to my first con in the begining of 2006! But I'm starting to save money now so that I WILL be able yo make it to Otakon next year FOR SURE!

Angel-Ramiel
Angel-Ramiel
  • Member since: Apr. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Well now, I see that this club prospered. I just came by to check how's everything going. Tink, I was just wondering if my membership expired since I haven't been on the fourms for quite a long time. If it did, I'm very sorry. If it hasn't then I'll stop by to check.

-Ramiel

Tink13
Tink13
  • Member since: May. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 04:23 PM, Angel_Ramiel wrote: Well now, I see that this club prospered. I just came by to check how's everything going. Tink, I was just wondering if my membership expired since I haven't been on the fourms for quite a long time. If it did, I'm very sorry. If it hasn't then I'll stop by to check.

-Ramiel

Nope you're still on there! Ya just have to make sure you post once every 2 months k? Although I would enjoy if you did more than that.

MrTrivia
MrTrivia
  • Member since: Jan. 28, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 55
Gamer
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:29 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 03:54 PM, Tink13 wrote:
At 6/22/05 09:00 AM, mr_trivia wrote: Does anyone know when there will be an anime convention in central Ohio? I can't afford to drive to other states until I can pay for gasoline and a hotel room, so my best bet is to hope for a local con.
Yep I just found out about one a couple days ago and I've been meaning to tell you about it. Is Columbus close enough? : P Ohayocon ( just love the play on words here) is held at the Columbus convention center in 2006 January 6-8. Actually, since my Dad lives in Columbus again, I'm thinking about going ^_^ maybe I'll ACTUALLY make it to my first con in the begining of 2006! But I'm starting to save money now so that I WILL be able yo make it to Otakon next year FOR SURE!

I can't believe this has been happening for 5 years in my own hometown and I didn't know it. Well, it looks like I have less than 200 days to assemble a costume. I think I look closest to Spike Spiegel or Rick Hunter, but it's the outfit I'll have the hardest time on.


Jack of all trades, Master of none
Head Scientist of NG Mafia
& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature
Yusuke-Urameshi
Yusuke-Urameshi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:30 PM Reply

may i join

1. YUGIOH! (japanese version)

2. yu yu hakusho

3. ranma 1/2

4. FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST

5. inuyasha

well to be honest these arent my most favorite i have to many likes i even made a forum which you can simply visit by going down into my sig or just going to atemu.tk lol doesennt matter really no visitors are there yet o_O

secret-toad
secret-toad
  • Member since: Apr. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:55 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 06:30 PM, 984361 wrote: may i join

Good choices ya you can koin but before you do that you must
Pick a anime character thats your gender.

Yusuke-Urameshi
Yusuke-Urameshi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 06:55 PM, secret_toad wrote:
At 6/22/05 06:30 PM, 984361 wrote: may i join
Good choices ya you can koin but before you do that you must
Pick a anime character thats your gender.

crap lol um.... YUSUKE o_O(well not same personality some im more of a coward in real life lol)

Kisuke
Kisuke
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 07:12 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 06:57 PM, 984361 wrote: crap lol um.... YUSUKE o_O(well not same personality some im more of a coward in real life lol)

lol Well, if you want to be Yusuke, you can be. Welcome to the club.


[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]
XBL / PSN - Voidist
Malice
is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature
Yusuke-Urameshi
Yusuke-Urameshi
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 07:12 PM, AshleyRiot wrote:
At 6/22/05 06:57 PM, 984361 wrote: crap lol um.... YUSUKE o_O(well not same personality some im more of a coward in real life lol)
lol Well, if you want to be Yusuke, you can be. Welcome to the club.

YAY! (bows down before club)

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 07:41 PM, 984361 wrote: YAY! (bows down before club)

One quick thing. We have a rule that all posts must have seven words or more. Since you're new so its ok, but just try to keep that in mind from now on.

LLStarks
LLStarks
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 08:39 PM Reply

Anyone have a schedule of upcoming conventions?

NY had some bad luck this year...

No BAAF...
AnimeNext sucked...

I might be able to go to the following conventions in 2006.

AnimeNext (likely)
BAAF (very likely)
Katsucon (likely)
Otakon (unlikely but possible)


Founder of the Newgrounds Anime Club

BBS Signature
Jimmy-Cut-Throat
Jimmy-Cut-Throat
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 08:47 PM Reply

I plan on TRYING to go to Otakon. But most likly wont make it. I would have to save up after my Mexico trip. Which will cost a shit load. Oh well


Founder of the Xbox 360 Club.XBL Gamer tag-Poowheat

BBS Signature
Kronik-The-Echidna
Kronik-The-Echidna
  • Member since: Sep. 12, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 09:06 PM Reply

There's a Devil May Cry 3 Manga Coming out! There's also a Kingdom Hearts Manga coming out!

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 09:49 PM Reply

Everyones talking about conventions. I'd like to go to one, but I dont know anyone else who likes anime/manga that much and would go with me. And its just that much better when you can go with someone. Looks like im stuck here for now.

ChronotheDevil
ChronotheDevil
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 09:49 PM, Brewtality wrote: Looks like im stuck here for now.

I'd like to go to Anime Iowa someday but Id need some friends to come with me too. That and some cash to blow. But From what some people have told me about it, it sound like it could be fun.

NeoDawkins
NeoDawkins
  • Member since: Jan. 9, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 11:32 PM Reply

Whoa, man. It feels great to be back. No more finals for me! ^^

At 6/22/05 11:05 PM, ChronotheDevil wrote: But From what some people have told me about it, it sound like it could be fun.

Do I already have to remind you guys of what happens at those places? 2 words: "Sailor" "Bubba".

Brewtality
Brewtality
  • Member since: Nov. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 11:32 PM, Artist-guy wrote:

:"Sailor" "Bubba".

A select few can get carried away, but not everyone goes nuts at these.

Shadow-God-X
Shadow-God-X
  • Member since: May. 9, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 22nd, 2005 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 6/22/05 11:32 PM, Artist-guy wrote: Whoa, man. It feels great to be back. No more finals for me! ^^

At 6/22/05 11:05 PM, ChronotheDevil wrote: But From what some people have told me about it, it sound like it could be fun.
Do I already have to remind you guys of what happens at those places? 2 words: "Sailor" "Bubba".

Don't forget "Man-Fei." That guy is disturbing.

Vash-The-Stampede
Vash-The-Stampede
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 23rd, 2005 @ 12:24 AM Reply

At 6/22/05 09:49 PM, Brewtality wrote: Everyones talking about conventions. I'd like to go to one, but I dont know anyone else who likes anime/manga that much and would go with me. And its just that much better when you can go with someone. Looks like im stuck here for now.

That's to bad. I'm going to the Granddaddy of all comic conventions, The San Diego Comic Con International. Great for comics fans, but also really good if you're an anime fan too. Basically if you into anything dealing with pop culture, this is the convention to go to. Less than a month away, anyone else here going?

The-Redangleprince
The-Redangleprince
  • Member since: Jun. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 23rd, 2005 @ 12:56 AM Reply

Yes, he pissed me off so much, I came back just to tell you all how much he pissed me off.....

......

It was pretty bad. Was all mad and *et cetera nonsense*

:O!

My library continues to rule as Tsubasa, xxxholic, and Comic Party fall into me lap. *sigh* Besides that? Watching the ENTIRE Inuyasha series again

I know. <3


Arghbarge. Making my NG comeback.

BBS Signature
Tink13
Tink13
  • Member since: May. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 23rd, 2005 @ 01:00 AM Reply

At 6/23/05 12:51 AM, marchingtyrants wrote: guess what? i pissed of badger, red , tink, master inny, brew, psykolord, mrtrivia at the same time! lol. sucks to be me!

Wow... ya know I DON'T think that's something to brag about.

Riousoul
Riousoul
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Anime Club Jun. 23rd, 2005 @ 02:41 AM Reply

At 6/22/05 08:39 PM, Kouga-kun wrote: Anyone have a schedule of upcoming conventions?

NY had some bad luck this year...

No BAAF...
AnimeNext sucked...

I might be able to go to the following conventions in 2006.

AnimeNext (likely)
BAAF (very likely)
Katsucon (likely)
Otakon (unlikely but possible)

How? You can't drive and you've never been to a con before. Not to mention you're illiterate when it comes to traversing NYC.