00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nsflave just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,897,481 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 11:05:55

At 12/21/08 06:41 AM, Depredation wrote: Viruses

I've got a goddam vundo trojan on my pc somehow, nothing seems to get rid of it, i've tried 5 different removal programs and it keeps popping up. FUCK. This always happens right before xmas when i need it most >:(.

I had that a couple of days ago, download these programs, they removed it totally for me.
SUPERAntiSpy Free Edition
And
MalwareBytes Anti-MalWare

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 11:18:07

I had a dream where my dad bought a bunch of shirts that had the NG name "ParagonX9" and a bunch of frills around it... It was awesome...

Pointless spam for a pointless dream.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 11:23:47

At 12/21/08 11:18 AM, DawnOfDusk wrote: I had a dream where my dad bought a bunch of shirts that had the NG name "ParagonX9" and a bunch of frills around it... It was awesome...

Pointless spam for a pointless dream.

I had a dream I took my macbook (Birthday present) from my dads office and just started using it. I put it back and managed to seal it up properly and everything.

They never knew.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 12:18:35

This is for Depredation but you can take it or leave it too:

There's a website called CastleCops which will read a log of your file and give you really nice detailed step-by-step directions to remove most viruses and trojans from your computer based on your specific needs. In otherwords, they are just about the nicest people on earth. Here is a direct link to that section: Click!

Install a program called HijackThis and run a log, then post it into that forum (after reading all the rules and stuff of course). I usually get a full report back in 2-5 days or so based on load. It's helped me fix 3 people's computers and it hasn't failed me yet. They also give you a detailed report on what the virus was and does.

Also, drop some money via the paypal link for their efforts. They do it free but they are about $500 cheaper than a computer repair shop.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 13:46:34

At 12/21/08 12:18 PM, jmtb02 wrote: CastleCops

*Bookmarked.
I sure do hope I never have to use it thought ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 14:07:34

At 12/21/08 12:18 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Install a program called HijackThis and run a log, then post it into that forum (after reading all the rules and stuff of course). I usually get a full report back in 2-5 days or so based on load. It's helped me fix 3 people's computers and it hasn't failed me yet. They also give you a detailed report on what the virus was and does.

There are a few forums where you can post a hijackthis report and people will tell you whats up. Often you can tell just by looking at the log though whats wrong. I had a virus the other day, ran hijackthis, looked through the log and saw a file with a weird name that I thought was probably a virus. I searched google for it as if its a needed file something normally comes up. Anyway, that threw up nothing. So I looked through my Windows Registrys and found one executing it on start up, removed that and the problem went. So then I knew it was safe to delete the file ;)
What a lovely story. Anyway, moral if you know what you're doing a lot of the time you can save yourself a few days by just reading through the log looking for things that seem suspicious.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 16:03:07

At 12/21/08 12:18 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Also, drop some money via the paypal link for their efforts. They do it free but they are about $500 cheaper than a computer repair shop.

I'll bookmark that incase i ever need it. I think i've managed to get rid of it, after downloading several programs and doing about 40 scans it seems to have fixed it. Thanks all, your help was much appreciated, and to john, i'll be sure to leave a donation if i ever use their services :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 21:57:53

and now for a completely random question!
anyway to make the lines not fuck over when your using the paintbrush tool while using a wacom with the smoothness over 30?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 22:05:47

At 12/21/08 07:48 PM, zrb wrote: I'm most likely going to have finished my new game by tommorow !
The only problem is, I doubt I'll be able to find a sponsor in time to be able to enter the NG winter contest :P
Anyways, thats pretty much the only reason I made this useless post !
I'll post again when its out :3

zrb, I love you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-21 23:17:51

At 12/21/08 09:57 PM, x-factor11 wrote: and now for a completely random question!
anyway to make the lines not fuck over when your using the paintbrush tool while using a wacom with the smoothness over 30?

For me it seems whenever i have pressure mode on it
turns out even more messy, so i just leave that off...
Other than that, just be careful. :]

At 12/21/08 10:05 PM, NG-Unit wrote: zrb, I love you.

Get in line, pal.*

Good luck with your game release, zrb.
Now change your sig to AS3.0 like a real man. :]

* Just kidding, you can have 'em. :]

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 00:43:33

Something neat.

I'm tired... long day... worked on multiple things... sleep now.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 07:22:51

WCAG2.0
Again, can someone remind me why I bother using Flash when these exist? Technically every bit of content on this site breaks these by not providing text alternative content for every SWF on the site...

As much as I know these are "guidelines", there are just times where you have to ignore them for the site to work. But then, what'd be the purpose of them if you could just ignore them? Paradox...

Gesture Recognition...
Someone asked about this last week on the forum. Yeah, I was bored. And it's almost working, but completely unlabled and glitchy as sin

Still. If you can spell the entire alphabet, all the numerals and the pentagram I'll be impressed and semi vindicated
* Click to draw.
* Use long, definate strokes
* Draw all glyphs with a single motion
* to start off... A is drawn from the bottom left to the top, to the bottom right... /\
* E is drawn by going left, then down, then right...
* O is a clockwise circle

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 11:49:36

viruses and stuff
nod32
spybot search and destroy
ad aware
those seem to get the job done..

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 13:26:46

At 12/22/08 07:22 AM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: Gesture Recognition...
Someone asked about this last week on the forum. Yeah, I was bored. And it's almost working, but completely unlabled and glitchy as sin

Still. If you can spell the entire alphabet, all the numerals and the pentagram I'll be impressed and semi vindicated
* Click to draw.
* Use long, definate strokes
* Draw all glyphs with a single motion
* to start off... A is drawn from the bottom left to the top, to the bottom right... /\
* E is drawn by going left, then down, then right...
* O is a clockwise circle

That's really cool, actually.
I was trying to make the letter G, but i got a lot of 6's, some C's, a 9, and even a Q.
But all in all, pretty neat.

As for me, for the past week or so i've been working on
this little engine for a game i'm working on.
I think it's going to turn out pretty well for how much progress
i've gotten on it so far.

That little demo is a bit glitchy, but,
drag around the tiles into separate orders.
I've done a lot more than it looks on the interior of the AS,
but hopefully things go well with this game. :]
Tell me how it looks :3

Oh, and i did it all in AS3. I'm very glad i made the transition. :]

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 13:31:05

Actionscript (3) question!
I didn't want to make a whole new topic for this because I figured some of you guys would solve my problem in under 5 minutes, right? Guys?

Here goes:
I'm making a shooter game and during a certain event I want the soundeffects to decrease in volume. I can transform the soundchannel so all current sounds are changed but new soundeffects that are added to the soundchannel will play with their original volume (100%), not the updated volume. Is there a way to set the volume for all sounds including the to be added sounds?

I hope that made sense.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 13:40:46

At 12/22/08 01:31 PM, Xeptic wrote: Actionscript (3) question!
I didn't want to make a whole new topic for this because I figured some of you guys would solve my problem in under 5 minutes, right? Guys?

Here goes:
I'm making a shooter game and during a certain event I want the soundeffects to decrease in volume. I can transform the soundchannel so all current sounds are changed but new soundeffects that are added to the soundchannel will play with their original volume (100%), not the updated volume. Is there a way to set the volume for all sounds including the to be added sounds?

Makes sense to me, i think this might work...
I haven't worked with sounds a lot, so what i'm saying is possibly
completely and totally wrong, but here's what i think you can do...

All the sound properties in AS3 are in the SoundTransform class,
And the sounds themselves are in the Sound class.

When you set your sounds in the AS, set them all
to the same SoundTransform, and
if you want to make them all the same, lower volume,
just edit that one SoundTransform.

Know what i mean?
Hope this helps/works, lol.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 14:30:45

I can set all the sounds individually, it's just that I have a good 10 different sounds starting at different times, meaning I have to add the soundTransform line 10 tines. I was hoping there was a more elegant solution, it works thoug, so thanks :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 21:25:08

At 12/22/08 08:35 PM, SpamBurger wrote: Luis

That's amazing.. I want one from him but I don't wanna get one and not send one, and I'm totally unsure about posting anything abroad.. anyway, Luis, you're the man :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 21:51:36

I wish my parents wouldn't be suspicious if some mexican named Luis sent me a card for christmas :'(.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-22 22:44:44

At 12/22/08 10:38 PM, ImpendingRiot wrote: He's not Mexican, he's a turk.

I always thought he was Brazilian. Since he looks so food deprived.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 00:17:24

Yeesh, I leave for months and people are still just talking about where Lu is from? He's Bolivian. End.
There, now pick a topic to drag out across all of 2009 :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 02:34:07

At 12/23/08 12:17 AM, NegativeONE wrote: Yeesh, I leave for months and people are still just talking about where Lu is from? He's Bolivian. End.

The definitive answer.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 05:01:39

At 12/23/08 12:17 AM, NegativeONE wrote: Yeesh, I leave for months and people are still just talking about where Lu is from? He's Bolivian. End.

That's just a CIA coverup, for the truth go to "isluismexicanorsomeothertypeofnationali ty.com".

Present

That's a very nice present :). Did the gift exchange ever go down this year?

GTA IV for PC

Anyone else got it? If you have post your live account name and i'll add you for some citywide destruction and mayhem.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 10:12:21

At 12/23/08 06:57 AM, 25272D wrote:
Fuck off, he's mexican >:(

Who are you? :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 10:43:15

At 12/23/08 12:17 AM, NegativeONE wrote: now pick a topic to drag out across all of 2009 :P

Er... Um...
I was watching this health show on BBC America the otherday, and
they had this whole family, all very overweight.

So, to give them an idea of how unhealthy they are,
they played a game called "Who's Poo," where
i guess each of them shit in a little Tupperware container
and the host opened them and they all had to guess
who's shit it was by looking at how everything was 'processed.'

Now let's discuss this for a whole year. :3

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 10:51:47

At 12/23/08 10:43 AM, K-Guare wrote: i guess each of them shit in a little Tupperware container

Now let's discuss this for a whole year. :3

That's... That's a lie. Right? Right?!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 11:42:58

At 12/23/08 10:43 AM, K-Guare wrote: So, to give them an idea of how unhealthy they are,
they played a game called "Who's Poo," where
i guess each of them shit in a little Tupperware container

Sounds sexy, did you Sky+ it :P Aha

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 11:50:05

At 12/23/08 11:42 AM, Saza wrote: Sounds sexy, did you Sky+ it :P Aha

Oh yeah, i watch it in slow motion when i'm alone at home.
"Oh yeah, you guess who's poo that is. Oh YEAH! It's totally yours! YES MA'AM."

The show's called "You Are What You Eat,"
and i'm not sure if they do that in every episode, but,
it's was probably the most disturbing thing i've seen on television.

Luckily the poo's were censored out, lol.

what

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 11:55:32

At 12/23/08 11:50 AM, K-Guare wrote:
At 12/23/08 11:42 AM, Saza wrote: Sounds sexy, did you Sky+ it :P Aha
Oh yeah, i watch it in slow motion when i'm alone at home.
"Oh yeah, you guess who's poo that is. Oh YEAH! It's totally yours! YES MA'AM."

The show's called "You Are What You Eat,"
and i'm not sure if they do that in every episode, but,
it's was probably the most disturbing thing i've seen on television.

Luckily the poo's were censored out, lol.

Was it on before 9? (:

Yeah i've heard of the show - never bothered watching it though. Sounds sick so i dont think i'll be visiting it anytime soon :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-12-23 12:25:07

Year end fun

So, this is the end of the first year since I've started programming, and I decided to compile most of the stuff that is worth showing, in a .swf and post a link to it here (using STW of course). I thought it would be cool, for programmers and animators alike, to do the same. I mean, it's better than actually doing work before the holiday's right? ;D