00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MiyuTheSceneGirl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,891,865 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 08:28:52

Oh boy, Castle Crashers is right around the bend, so to speak. Yet another thing to keep me from doing anything productive.

And I like it. :]

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 09:04:22

RE: My God! PS3 is awesome!

At 7/2/08 07:29 AM, Paranoia wrote: I'm starting to fall in love with being able to download old PS1 games for three quid too. Just completed Syphon Filter, and it's hard as hell.

Yeah they all look really good, as soon as I get some money together I'm gonna get Syphon Filter and MediEvil. And possible Judge Dredd as well. So far I've just been downloading PS3 demos (Civ Revolution is crap!).

I hope they expand the store a bit...

Well are these classics are coming out soon*

*[citation needed]

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 09:23:37

At 7/2/08 09:04 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Well are these classics are coming out soon*

*[citation needed]

It's annoying how few of those you can get in Europe. I mean, how hard can it be to sort out a Japan or US title for European systems? Fiddle about with a couple of display and frame rate settings and you're reet.

I want my Crash Bandicoot games :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 09:34:20

At 7/2/08 09:23 AM, Paranoia wrote:
At 7/2/08 09:04 AM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Well are these classics are coming out soon*

*[citation needed]
It's annoying how few of those you can get in Europe. I mean, how hard can it be to sort out a Japan or US title for European systems? Fiddle about with a couple of display and frame rate settings and you're reet.

I want my Crash Bandicoot games :(

You do realize you can access the jp,and us stores from a europe console right?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 09:42:53

At 7/2/08 09:34 AM, happymeat wrote: You do realize you can access the jp,and us stores from a europe console right?

I think it's pretty obvious that I didn't.

curse PS3's non-self-explanatory nature

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 10:02:23

Well are these classics are coming out soon*

Namco Museums, nice... remakes of the remakes.

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.

Freshmaking

Brainscrape

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 10:29:44

I'm Using Flash For a Year!

Celebration! I've discovered Macromedia Flash 8 a year ago, when my friend convinced me it was an awesome program for a fun hobby. And he was right!

I remember the time when tweens looked hard to do. I started out by following tutorials and asking advice from my friends. Right now I feel like a got the basics down, I can do FBF, tween without it looking unnaturally and I can even script a little.

So Newgrounds Flash Regs, how long have you been using Flash and how did you first heard of it?

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 11:42:49

At 7/2/08 10:29 AM, Gatling wrote: I'm Using Flash For a Year!
So Newgrounds Flash Regs, how long have you been using Flash and how did you first heard of it?

It's been about 6 years now. By luck my dad came into the program at some computer thing, it was six years ago, I don't remember the details. Anyways, I believe it was MX I started out with. He thought I'd like it because at the time I was into animation. When I figured out I couldn't draw for crap I started learning Actionscript. Eventually I managed to score MX 2004 through school (I kinda stole it from my computer teacher, but shit, he wasn't using it :3). From there I played around with the program some more until Flash 8 came out. I downloaded the trial, loved AS2, and bought it on my first credit card, hahaha. Now I've just been coasting, waiting until I can upgrade to CS3. I'm pretty excited because I think the time will come after this next semester. The college I'm at will most likely give licensed versions to the students of the class. So, I'll get it for free already knowing how to use it, so it'll cut the time i'll need before I start developing. So, yay!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 12:34:44

Four years, but most of that was very on and off.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 13:30:12

At 7/2/08 01:58 AM, Wurmy1029 wrote:
At 7/2/08 01:53 AM, Duchednier wrote: and i really hope this post doesn't start some sort of ps3 vs xbox 360 spam war... Its a tie so leave it at that.
Or we could just say consoles are lame and Computers are win C:

I have consoles (not next-gen) cuz I <3 computers.

Still I would easily pay 20$ (which will be less than what it is sold for on XBLA) for this game on the internet.

Ah well, it's their choice.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 13:34:38

RE: How long have you been using flash

I'm gonna say...Maybe a year, and hell, I still suck :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 13:37:07

At 7/2/08 10:29 AM, Gatling wrote: I remember the time when tweens looked hard to do. I started out by following tutorials and asking advice from my friends. Right now I feel like a got the basics down, I can do FBF, tween without it looking unnaturally and I can even script a little.

6 months =3
Actually I was always interested in programming games (computer/video w/e) I ended up buyin a book "Beginning Flash / Game Programming for Dummies"
By Andy Harris. Not a great book (I stopped once he got to pong)
And thats where I started =3

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 13:38:53

Been using flash for 2years or so now. Got into it through NG, obviously.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 13:50:40

How long is your flash

Damn, I always look at it like I'm still new to the game (sort of), but my flash experience is actually gettin' up there. I'd say I've used flash for about 4 years now? Not much to show for it, a lot of unfinished projects... but I'm tying up a lot of loose ends right now so that's always good.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 13:53:30

I've been doing flash for just over 2 years, on and off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 14:05:50

At 7/2/08 01:37 PM, DawnOfDusk wrote:
6 months =3
Actually I was always interested in programming games (computer/video w/e) I ended up buyin a book "Beginning Flash / Game Programming for Dummies"
By Andy Harris. Not a great book (I stopped once he got to pong)
And thats where I started =3

Whats insane about this is that he can code a game like essence "working title" from only 6 months of AS knowledge O.o
(check his page for more info)

How long be use flash is ?
4..maybe 5 years... wait... *counts in head*
5 YEARS since... sometime.. a skipped for almost 2 years though so maybe about 3... i'm just starting to like my stuff now too :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 14:15:30

How long have you been using flash
4 1/2 years now. Mostly these past two years.

It started out being "OMFG I CAN MAKE MY OWN CARTOONS?! WOAHHH"

And then it quickly escalated to "I can make people move... and jump... and I can program games with this thing (flash) too?! "

Then I practiced and practiced, made some flash, submitted one to an AG Contest and won 2nd place and here I am, 1 1/2 years later.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 14:42:03

2001 I started nudging it, 2002 is when I really got into using Flash. 2004/2005 I went from animation to games, and in 2006 it became more or less my job as well. The end!

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 14:43:24

How long have you been using flash?

About 1 year.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:07:18

I started playing around in Flash in 2003 i think... but I stopped like last year because I realized that I suck at that kind of animation and I decided to focus my skills on art in Photoshop and some motion graphics here and there in After Effects. Recently though, I've been wanting to try my hand at Flash again, just to see if my acquired knowledge and skill in art will transfer over to Flash animation.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:13:28

How long have you been using flash?

Grade 9 I took a graphics arts class where I made a few animation loops, learned the stop(); and play(); actionscript, made one point and click game for a final project, and then didn't touch it again till I was in grade 11 in november of 2006. By the first month of 2007 in less then 3 months I released my first Duder short. <3
Been a flash-addict since then.

Though once I finish savin' up for my camera I'll be taking a break or two do get some short films out of my system.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:14:55

I started using my mates version of Flash MX when I was about 8 or so, and that must have been 2001-ish? After that I kept on trying at his house before finally managing to get a copy of it myself a few years later when I must have been 12. I tried to animate but most of it wasn't very good, although it was a nice learning experience. Then when I was about 14 I started to really do animation and I got quite far before stopping for a while...

Now I'm 15 and trying my best to get back into art & Flash, I've done loads of tutorials and research as well as practise and I think it's paying off. I want to finish a project for a competition in September and so I'm planning away.

_Resolution`·.¸¸.·´¯`·._.·` | Send me a message | View my blog |

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:29:00

At 7/2/08 01:38 PM, UnknownFury wrote: Been using flash for 2years or so now. Got into it through NG, obviously.

I lied. I was using it for about 6months before flash 8 which was released in 2005. So thats 3+ years. I've been doing AS for about 1 and a half years.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:31:48

Meet-Ups

Any Florida meet-ups in the works? We need to get together in the House of the Mouse, lol.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:33:52

Around 3 years for me. I really need to finish something...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 15:58:06

At 7/2/08 03:33 PM, Xeptic wrote: Around 3 years for me. I really need to finish something...

Make it happen. Personally I find that all of my movies HAVE to be longer than 4 minutes :P I made 5 tributes to games (DMC, MGS, KH) and then i decided to go in a more serious direction and bring a story that i wrote to life. It's going well =D

I suggest if you're having trouble finishing things, make them a short funny flash that only takes a week to make. also check out sheezyart for inspiration, they have a few flash clubs more or less for short funny flash's. (Search Dunderaxel, he's one of my favorites)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 16:10:10

At 7/2/08 03:58 PM, Duchednier wrote: I suggest if you're having trouble finishing things, make them a short funny flash that only takes a week to make. also check out sheezyart for inspiration, they have a few flash clubs more or less for short funny flash's. (Search Dunderaxel, he's one of my favorites)

I'm not really good at making humorous flashes, I don't have a mic and am not a native English speaker so I'd have to let someone else do the voice acting and as far as I'm concerned doing the voice acting is one of the most important and entertaining parts of making a comedy animation. I like doing stuff that is a little more ambitious, unfortunately, my own ambition is what usually kills me. I'm working on something fairly big right now which is coming along okay, I try not to rush it, do a few small things in between to keep it entertaining for myself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 16:36:04

Equally a good plan =D Want to shed some insight as to what your making? I'm always interested in seeing new work ^_^

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 16:49:24

I got the flash trial in 2002, worst decision I've ever made.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-07-02 16:57:53

At 7/2/08 04:36 PM, Duchednier wrote: Equally a good plan =D Want to shed some insight as to what your making? I'm always interested in seeing new work ^_^

I'm going to wait a little longer with that until I'm like half-way done, just to make sure I'm not whoring something I'll never finish ;)

BBS Signature