00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xochibunsai just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,334 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 23:36:13

At 8/16/06 11:33 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: It's unfortunate that my songs are mostly techno, I'll try to compose something fresh.

For the meantime though, I got a classic of mine that might just work:
Synthesized Pathway - OLD
Might be good for a combat scene. I'll have something comedic out by the end of the week.

I appologize for an error, the correct url for that song is:
http://www.newground..323582&sub=55036

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 02:47:24

At 8/16/06 03:34 PM, RageVI wrote: So the contest is still going on? I almost got angry =)

You kidding? i got PISSED!

brb, i gotta get my pc's dents and tears fixed

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 12:46:40

At 8/16/06 09:34 PM, GooGum wrote:
At 8/16/06 08:04 AM, Deflektor76 wrote: http://www.newground..m/portal/view/332674
JOHNNY, YOU TOOK THE BEST JOKE FROM EPISODE 1 AND GAVE IT A BACKSTORY!!!!!!
....thats just genius. i lawlt.

you know, I try.

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 12:57:33

At 8/16/06 11:36 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote:
At 8/16/06 11:33 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: It's unfortunate that my songs are mostly techno, I'll try to compose something fresh.

I listened to some of your submissions, you're pretty awesome dude.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 15:15:15

Okay i have decided on my old submission: the link is here.

This is the link to the song, called Creepy Loo- AAAAAHHMAGOD!!! ]

ps, to darkside, the file I origonally entered as my new entry's file went corrupt on the portal and it only plays up to the phazer-ish sound. i re-submitted it and the link is here:

This is the link to the new tankman song i made, only cuz ng f*cked up again.

...la-deee-dah...

...hmmmm-dadadadalee-dah...

...*hums to self*...

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 15:35:56

OH YEAH!! Little darki gather all stuff together and finished his entry for the contest! Weee!

And guess what....it's another METAL tune lololol, new drums included (thanks my good CANADIATOR for teh samples).. ;)

DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

bombs away? You'll get the idea! ;) I hope you have as fun listening to it as much as I had creating it. :D

Ride the bombs of justice! ;)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 15:44:18

At 8/17/06 12:57 PM, Johnny_Utah wrote:
At 8/16/06 11:36 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote:
I listened to some of your submissions, you're pretty awesome dude.

Thanks mate! By the way, I'm fresh out of ideas but even if you got an idea let me know I'll get something for ya. People give me requests lol I need something new to try.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 18:29:29

Fellow Star Syndicate member Mr_Show has decided to create an entry for this contest of sorts.

Mr_Show That's Tankmen!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 19:25:21

Thought I'd throw my hat i the ring for shits and giggles. Here you go.
Tankmen

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-17 22:36:02

At 8/17/06 07:25 PM, Bungeetounge wrote: Thought I'd throw my hat i the ring for shits and giggles. Here you go.
Tankmen

Damn dude, this is pretty catchy! Not the best submitted, but a good intro as i see it. :)

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 11:38:29

thanks dude, this helps me out alot/

At 8/18/06 02:37 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote: Current list of entries...yet again updated

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 12:24:35

This would be my "old" submission. My friend and I have got a good idea going, so you might hear a really good heavy metal tune : )

Dreamerz: Machines Will Fall

http://www.newground..184995&sub=57315

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 23:35:23

Hey guys, I have made a submission, but here's the thing. Can I upload it to say an FTP server, and give a link here to download, or does it have to be uploaded on a NG page. To be honest, I can't really upload on my page anymore, and making a new account for just this one song is well... ridicuelous.

So whats the verdict for me?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 23:39:01

At 8/18/06 11:35 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: To be honest, I can't really upload on my page anymore:

Could this be because you told everyone you were leaving?

And if I have a say on this, I say "Of course."

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 23:47:06

yeah, I said I was leaving, and i'm not going to pull a Saint_Isaiah and flock back whenever it looks like I can reap benefits, I stick to what I say... though enough times I kinda wish I hadn't ;). Who knows, maybe i'll get Tom to delete that song, and then hypnotize you bastards so nobody ever knows!!!

I'm so brilliant, I lol me.

Thanks, I hope everybody else is okay with this.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 23:53:32

At 8/18/06 11:47 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: yeah, I said I was leaving, and i'm not going to pull a Saint_Isaiah and flock back whenever it looks like I can reap benefits, I stick to what I say... though enough times I kinda wish I hadn't ;). Who knows, maybe i'll get Tom to delete that song, and then hypnotize you bastards so nobody ever knows!!!

I'm so brilliant, I lol me.

Thanks, I hope everybody else is okay with this.

Well, I think everyone will be glad you are back. Then again, you kind of have a mysterious "he's gone" type thing going on. And you would lose that. And then there is also that "pull a Saint_Isaiah and flock back whenever it looks like I can reap benefits" thing you said.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 23:56:28

At 8/18/06 11:35 PM, MaestroSorrow wrote: Hey guys, I have made a submission, but here's the thing. Can I upload it to say an FTP server, and give a link here to download, or does it have to be uploaded on a NG page. To be honest, I can't really upload on my page anymore, and making a new account for just this one song is well... ridicuelous.

So whats the verdict for me?

The rules clearly states that the contest entry must be submitedd to the Audio Portal, and there´s a reason for this. Basicly, since the contest is hosted on NG and not on some other site, playing by the rules for submitting audio to here, is the only way to control illegal signups. If somone breaks the rules by illegal sampling for example, we flag and exclude the song.

Also, this contest is hosted on Newgrounds.com, meaning we at least owe NG to fill it up with awsome music :)

Why can´t you submit to the AP then?
Perhaps it´s time you DID create an alternate account if you cannot submit to your old one one reason or another?

Anyway, to make it a little clearer, it´s a "no", the song MUST be uploaded to the AP in order to enter this contest. Sorry mate, i hope you can get around submitting one way or another ... :(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-18 23:59:29

At 8/18/06 11:56 PM, Rucklo wrote: Why can´t you submit to the AP then?
Perhaps it´s time you DID create an alternate account if you cannot submit to your old one one reason or another?

But then he would be great, and he wouldn't even have the respect he deserves. Because nobody will realize it is him. They'll think he's just some noob.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:02:43

fair enough, I'm not going try and bend any rules, if these are the rules, then gosh darndededed it, they is the rules!

I will see what I can do, mayhap I will create an alternate, perhaps collab with somebody (that is allowed?), and upload it together.

Thanks for the quick response Rucklo, now I can focus on debating some possibilities.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:07:57

At 8/19/06 12:02 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote: fair enough, I'm not going try and bend any rules, if these are the rules, then gosh darndededed it, they is the rules!

I will see what I can do, mayhap I will create an alternate, perhaps collab with somebody (that is allowed?), and upload it together.

I'm waiting for the PM, MaestroSorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:13:57

At 8/18/06 11:59 PM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote:
At 8/18/06 11:56 PM, Rucklo wrote: Perhaps it´s time you DID create an alternate account if you cannot submit to your old one one reason or another?
But then he would be great, and he wouldn't even have the respect he deserves. Because nobody will realize it is him. They'll think he's just some noob.

I don´t think that Utah is that familiar with all artists in the AP that are around, and even if he is, MaestroSorrow have the same chanse as everyone else; If Utah likes his song, he´s in.
For an independent judging, it will be made as fair as possible, meaning it doesn´t matter if you´re a "n00b" or a regular.

At 8/19/06 12:02 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote: fair enough, I'm not going try and bend any rules, if these are the rules, then gosh darndededed it, they is the rules!

Collaborations ARE allowed, it´s one(well ok, two...) songs / user, meaning if you collaborate with somone, you or he/she whom you collaborate with cannot submit from more accounts than the one that you collaborate on (that means, if "X "and "Y" collaborates and submit a new song under the accountname "Q" there will be no songs accepted from "X" nor "Y", not even if they are in the "old section".
To make this rule unbreakable, all collaboration-artists must notify me of who they are. If the members are secret, you have my word i´m not telling anyone.

Thanks for the quick response Rucklo, now I can focus on debating some possibilities.

Weee it´s 6 in the morning, ive been up since 4.30. wtf is wrong with me? :S
I hope you get around and submit something man :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:21:19

At 8/19/06 12:13 AM, Rucklo wrote: (that means, if "X "and "Y" collaborates and submit a new song under the accountname "Q" there will be no songs accepted from "X" nor "Y", not even if they are in the "old section".
Weee it´s 6 in the morning, ive been up since 4.30. wtf is wrong with me? :S
I hope you get around and submit something man :D

XD, get some sleep >:(

so by collabing with WVWSTATICVWV I am removing his option to upload another piece? That seems a tad harsh to be honest, I don't want to remove WVWSTATICVWV's second shot at the contest while everybody else would.

I understand if a collab takes one song point from both artists, giving them the ability to submit one other, but that seems a tad mean.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:21:23

At 8/19/06 12:13 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 8/18/06 11:59 PM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote: But then he would be great, and he wouldn't even have the respect he deserves. Because nobody will realize it is him. They'll think he's just some noob.
I don´t think that Utah is that familiar with all artists in the AP that are around, and even if he is, MaestroSorrow have the same chanse as everyone else; If Utah likes his song, he´s in.
For an independent judging, it will be made as fair as possible, meaning it doesn´t matter if you´re a "n00b" or a regular.

I'm not speaking of eligibilty. I am speaking of the fact that even if he wins the contest, under a noob account, (or ANY acount for that matter) he will not have the credit. Meaning he, MaestroSorrow, will not have credit for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:25:11

At 8/19/06 12:21 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote: I understand if a collab takes one song point from both artists, giving them the ability to submit one other, but that seems a tad mean.

Agreed.

But oh well, if those are the rules, then those are the rules. And I am willing to sacrifice my second chance. After all, my only shot at this is a collab with you, MaestroSorrow. Not because I suck, but because I have a hard time with themes.

And by the way, I am honored that you even considered making a collab with me. I was only joking.

Oh but yes, I would definitely love to make a collab with you, for shizzel!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 00:38:53

At 8/19/06 12:21 AM, MaestroSorrow wrote:
XD, get some sleep >:(

It´s 6.30 here now... ive been up 2 hours :D

so by collabing with WVWSTATICVWV I am removing his option to upload another piece? That seems a tad harsh to be honest, I don't want to remove WVWSTATICVWV's second shot at the contest while everybody else would.

I understand if a collab takes one song point from both artists, giving them the ability to submit one other, but that seems a tad mean.

Well, look at it this way; This month you actually hav the possibility to upload TWO songs, one submission custom made for the contest, and one old song that might have the right feeling.

The rules are there to keep things in proportion. If I would allow collabs AND individual signups, it might end up with one artist being involved in all the top spots, for example. It might seem mean, but at least it´s equally mean for everyone.

At 8/19/06 12:21 AM, VWVSTATICVWV wrote:
I'm not speaking of eligibilty. I am speaking of the fact that even if he wins the contest, under a noob account, (or ANY acount for that matter) he will not have the credit. Meaning he, MaestroSorrow, will not have credit for it.

That depends on what name he gives for example an alternate account ;)
But yeah, i see your point and agree.
Also that´s entirley up to him. If he have decided he´s not gonna submit anymore to NG, then that´s his choise. This contest is NG based, and he´s free to submit to the AP and enter the contest if he wish to do so.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 18:58:29

Sorry to double post but there's been some new updates:

The alt you see above is actually my fake account that I'll be retiring, so if you want to go ahead and update all your buddy lists and all that, thanks.

Don't forget to submit and good luck! :)

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 19:15:19

Hrrmm... rules in the first post clearly states "don´t come around with crappy alt´s".

I rest my case (pwn) >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-19 19:27:25

At 8/19/06 07:21 PM, Erkie wrote: taek a chillz pillz man it were a joek!!!!1

well duuuh, if i hadn´t enjoyed it i´d shut up and cry for a moderator >:(

u need to learn teh power of the agnry faic >:(

Wakka wakka