00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,350 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-31 14:56:04

Just to let everyone know;

Tomorrow, 1:st september, i´m going to Oslo during the day. This mean there will be no word or comments from me until I get back. I also have to go to my new hometown to pick up the key to my new apartement, meaning I will be absent until the evening.

When I get back home, I will present the final list of all submissions,
OR DarKsidE_555 will do so.

(if I take too long, he is authorized to do so. Check you PM inbox for details, DarKsidE_555:)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-31 17:16:08

Unless the tankmen either try to send a message over somewhere and they got cingular, which sucks, or the other guys are plotting something evil >:) and shit, im nothing on here... DX

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-31 23:12:03

Wow i actually finished in time!!! :D Anyways heres my submission Clicky CLicky Its entitled "Men from the tank" and would be classified with the heavy metal submissions. Hope you like it!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 07:14:01

being off topic at this moment, but I'M BEING HIT WITH ERNESTO CURRENTLY! Its not so bad, but it is raining and my porch collapsed, nothing too big...

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 07:37:29

Yeah, I'm about to get the tropical part, and it's heading directly for me, so yeah, I don't think I'll have the same intensity of it, but it'll still be bad considering Hurricane Isabel...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 08:28:18

At 9/1/06 07:37 AM, SuperDrummer146 wrote: Yeah, I'm about to get the tropical part, and it's heading directly for me, so yeah, I don't think I'll have the same intensity of it, but it'll still be bad considering Hurricane Isabel...

OH SHIT THERES MORE!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!??
!?!??!?!?!??!??!?!?!??!??!!?!??!?!??!?!??!
?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 09:06:57

OMG I'm glad you're all alive. Audio Forum Lounge thread, though.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 10:34:13

At 9/1/06 10:23 AM, Chronamut wrote: thanks to the stupid USA we're gonna get rain for like a MONTH after today.. this sucks..

Nice and sunny over here, fewl. And I'm wearing a red hawiian shirt >:)

What? Hawiian shirts are comfy. Go to hell >:(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 12:25:12

At 9/1/06 12:10 PM, Chronamut wrote: poor you .. living in france.. go live in quebec - its canadian and they all speak french there :P

What the hell is wrong with Quebec eh? We are the best drinkers and best party doers of all this great nation haha! Come to Quebec, eat poutine lol, drink alot, get wasted etc etc. That's the life :D And the ladies here are gorgeous... ah i guess that last one is not for you Chron...

The only downside to living here is the damn winter... but that's a different story.

Vive le Québec libre!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 12:35:53

At 9/1/06 12:28 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: I don't fear winter. My bedroom is far more cold than the homeland of Conan the Barbarian!

It's not about fear lol, i acutally prefer winter than summer, it's just that sometimes it gets really cold like -40 celsius. But it has been a couple of years since we had something that low. I guess global warming is the reason for it. Anyways....

About the MAC yes? The final list will be posted tonight if i remember correctly? Can't wait to see who wins this one...

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 12:50:07

is the contest over? haha click my link for my song i wnana submit, robot attack

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 14:34:50

Wow this page built up pretty quickly.. with non relevant stuff... take it to the lounge, thas where it belongs.

More shit like this and i´ll notify moderators and ask them to delete irrelevant posts (and ev. ban if they think that´s nessecary).

Anyway, I´ve just come home from Oslo, I´ve had a really busy day. It´s 20.20 ere now, and i´m gonna try and sort out the final list with all signups within the next 3-4 hours or so. I just gotta chill out and play a little with my CDX that I got back :)

This mean, of course;

Deadline is over!
No more sign ups are accepted, this mean if you´ve made a sign up that has posting date 1/9 you´re too late (i dont think there were any, ill re-check in a while:)

What happens now?
- First I´ll go check my in-box :)
- Now i´ll first complete the list over all submissions.
- Then I am awaiting Utah to pick 20 of the NEW submissions (audios submitted to the portal in august) This mean all OLD submissions is out of contest. Only 20 submissions will be judged at all this time, and this is most likley how it will look in the future unless we have a boom of increased amount of judges.
- When I get the list, I split out the 20 submissions to our eight anonymus judges, and await their responce.
- As with the previous MAC, there wil be a SHORT review of each judge on all songs. The reviews will be posted AFTER the contest is over.
- When all scores are counted, the sig-pic is in place and so on Utah will announce his choise and the independent judging will be postet.

- Then we forgey >:(

How long will it take?
The judges hava a shorter deadline this time, and also fewer songs to judge. Hopefully this will be over with in 2-5 days!

More info to follow

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 14:49:00

Rucklo, we're doing the Mac6 August show, right?

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 15:51:12

ah-hah! i started the irrelevance!!!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-01 16:12:28

Ugh, im too tired to make the list now, sorry...

I´ll get it done first thing tomorrow, as well as a few other things hum hum hum...

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 01:47:37

At 9/1/06 04:12 PM, Rucklo wrote: Ugh, im too tired to make the list now, sorry...

I´ll get it done first thing tomorrow, as well as a few other things hum hum hum...

I am excited to see...... hum hum hum?......

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 08:56:26

The list of the top 20 submissions that goes on to judgement gets up later today.

I am happy to announce that scores and placements, including winner, of the independent judging will be presented live on Radiogrounds.com.
There might be a surprise on that show too... Anyway, more information will follow, so sit tight.

Also, G9 is making a podcast of the top 10 songs. For those who are lucky enough to end up top 10, write a short commentary about your song, and G9 will read those comments on his podcast! I´ll remind everyone later on too. :)

FINAL LIST OVER ALL SONGS THAT HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE MAC6 - AUGUST

I counted up to 37 submissions. Anyone had any other number? >:)

Classical submissions:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!

Deflektor76 - My fallen...

MaestroRage - _-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

General_Leo - The Fall and Rise of a Hero

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

Metaljonus - Tankmen Destroyers of All

speedmetalmessiah - Mighty Tankmen!

DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

RadRacer - Men from the Tank

General Rock submissions:

Bungeetounge - Tankmen

Classical Rock submissions:

RiftMaster - Tankmen (Aug. Audio Contest)

DnB submissions:

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Ambient submissions:

Spikrodd - FL6 - Creepy Loo- AAAAHMAGOD!

Bluegrass submissions:

Mr_Show - That's Tankmen! (Theme Song)

Industrial submissions:

Spikrodd - SpK*) - A Tankmen's Message

SuperDrummer146 - Dreamerz: Machines Will Fall

Techno submissions:

Anth0n - {ANT} - March of the Cyborgs (old)

Anth0n - {ANT} - Battery Power

XBrav_Revolutionz - Synthesized Pathway (old)

Video Game submissions:

Chronamut - *+*+xxxxdasfsfd-remastered+*+*

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+

Jazz submissions:

T7online - T7th Avenue (Tankmen theme)

Trance submissions:

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

Dance submissions:

HouseMasta - HM&DjVisor-"Unnamed Dance"v1.1

Miscellaneous submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - Tankman intro

GooGum - PIGPEN's Tankmen Theme

WinTang - Buffalos in bikini

kliff - my submission to tankmen

schwam - Here comes the Tankmen!

John_Floyd - Take My Tank... Please

END OF LIST.

lolol i pwnd DarKsidE_555´s list >:(
and the library pwnd me, i logged in on a computer that was fkd, and there was no way I could log in on another comp since there was no admin there... so im doing this from home on that hatefull dial-up grrr >:(

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 09:41:09

At 9/2/06 08:56 AM, Rucklo wrote: WinTang won the contest!!

Yaaaaay!!

Sorry, anticipation got the best of me.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 10:26:46

At 9/2/06 09:44 AM, Deflektor76 wrote:
At 9/2/06 09:41 AM, WinTang wrote:
Sorry, anticipation got the best of me.
And you haven't reviewed my submissions yet, although you promised. I hate you.
*Going sulk in a corner*

FINE THEN.

Whore.

:)

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 10:46:18

Start the next contest on the 15th I think, then you have time to think out the plans and everything ^^

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 11:16:10

Here are the 20 audios that qualifies to the independent judging!

Songs appear in no specific order ;)

If your song is not in the list that follows, you have not been qualified for judgement. Better luck next time.

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!

MaestroRage - _-={The Tanks Thunder}=-_

General_Leo - The Fall and Rise of a Hero

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

speedmetalmessiah - Mighty Tankmen!

DarKsidE_555 - TANKMEN (bombs away!)

Bungeetounge - Tankmen

RiftMaster - Tankmen (Aug. Audio Contest)

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Anth0n - {ANT} - Battery Power

Chronamut - +*+*(vortex)*+*+

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

kliff - my submission to tankmen

schwam - Here comes the Tankmen!

John_Floyd - Take My Tank... Please

Utah have made a comment on every one of these 20 songs. The comments will be in the thread AFTER the contest is over, so no judges will get influenced by his thoughts.

However, there is one submission that gets a special mention;

Mr_Show - That's Tankmen! (Theme Song)
Comment from Utah;

Even though I feel this guy should possibly be banned from the site for the obnoxious, unjustified personal attacks he's sent through the PM system to me and clearly only lives to be a thorn in the side of others, I'm going to include his entry in the group as #21. His work is more in the spirit of the rules than some of the others and I can take a joke, but there really isn't a way for me to include this in a tankmen episode.

I am the one who said "no" on this entry to be in the independent judgement, mainly because of two reasons;

- The limit was set to 20 submissions, and I intend to keep it this way. Whilst I respect Utah´s wish to include thisone, and very much understand why he did not want to exclude any other entry because of this, 20 submissions is what gets qualified for judging.

- The other major reason was the fact that Utah have recieved abusive PM´s, wich I do not tolerate in any way. Do know that this is my (Rucklo´s) decition alone Utah can not be blamed for this in any way, he is teh one who wanted this submission in despite the limit of 20 songs, and I said no!

Just like Utah mentione that he can take a joke, so can I. I found the song funny, but the above reasons why this is denied still stands.

If anyone have any comments of this decition, contact me.

At 9/2/06 10:46 AM, -OCON- wrote: Start the next contest on the 15th I think, then you have time to think out the plans and everything ^^

Yeah, next MAC will be very simple, I will prepare for something more serious for october.
I was actually doubting that there would be a MAC for september, but there will be a small one.
However, like you suggest, I will launch it later on in the month, and see what effect that have on the contest.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 11:23:51

Horray!

I'm surprised I even got this far!!! :D

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 12:09:03

Alright i made it! I wasn't too sure what would happen... Congrats and good luck to all who made it to the final 20... 1.

Woot i made it to the playoffs this month :D

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 12:25:58

At 9/2/06 12:09 PM, General_Leo wrote: Alright i made it! I wasn't too sure what would happen... Congrats and good luck to all who made it to the final 20... 1.

Just 20 :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 12:35:34

Oh i'm an idiot/bad reader lol i thought that the song that got the special mention was also in... nevermind then 20 it is.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 15:52:11

At 9/2/06 11:16 AM, Rucklo wrote: -ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Zenon is seriously surprised :/ I made that song in like, 45 minutes.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 16:14:33

fuck :(

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-02 16:28:33

Woohoo I made it.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-03 00:32:44

Can't wait to see the results : )

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-09-03 04:01:55

BACKUPJUDGES

Just in case one or more judge is absent and doesn´t even see the PM´s I send them, it would be great to have a backuup judge or two so the deadline can be held.

Is there ANYONE who would be interested in judging?

The judging basicly looks like this;

- Ten songs to judge

- Set a score in 5 different categories (this is made easy due to a cool device LJCoffee have made :)

- Write a short review to all ten songs.

Simple eh? If you sign up, deeper info is to follow, of course :)

Now there´s no need to be alarmed that some judges aren´t there, I just want to make sure that deadline is held, due to a few factors :)

if you were in the contest but did not make it to the top 20, you are more then welcome to sign up as a backup judge!!!

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO BE A BACKUPJUDGE!!!

Wakka wakka