00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac6 - August

39,242 Views | 579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-13 20:51:14

At 8/13/06 08:48 PM, -OCON- wrote: I start school in 2 days, and my mind isn't focused on this, just can't get my mind focused.

Ouch. In two days, its clockday! Man, I am so pumped for Clock Day! :D

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-13 21:20:25

thats why im glad that i dont have school anymore. you should follow me zeenon, and drop out.

Im god, fucking deal with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-13 22:28:18

a submission i made for it....has army drums switching to like hippie drums ...i wanted to tell a story of the strict tankmen then the ones gettin high....and the the strict ones take a puff and the world slows down and then the all jus high and partying until the general comes and the all go back to attention quickly
lol with here it is( its /PJ/Tankmen cuz "Tankmen get High" didnt work for some reason) /PJ/Tankmen

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-13 23:40:44

At 8/13/06 02:46 PM, _Arbiter_ wrote: Ironic how that comes from someone who has also completed their song.

In my defence I worked two days/nights on mine, missing out on my assignment deadline :P. And besides, I already had the general framework for it ;). Plus, I wasn't all like "lol I made this fast so it's not as good as it could be". What I was merely implying is if you aren't happy with your track, there is no rush to upload it, you still have time to make it better ;)

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-14 00:59:04

Chronamut, what ever happened to CHR0NOUNC3?

your only collab was good! make more man, cuz i have waited for EVER!

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-14 03:03:30

Current list of entries...

Entries by far: 21

Note:

I can only list those kind of submission that are mentioned in THIS thread. Make CLEAR that the link you posted is your contest entry. (correct me if I am wrong!) You can submit two songs to this CONTEST. Yes, it's still a contest not a COMISSION.

ONES YOU'VE ENTERED A SUBMISSION THERE'S NO TURNING BACK!! SONGS CAN'T BE CHANGED BECAUSE YOU CAN ENTER TWO THIS TIME!! Keep that in mind!

Plz don't post a link to a submission you've made twice or more (Don't be a spamwhore like chron <3 >:( ). Again, choose wisly.

Ok...nuff small talk, here we go...

Classical submissions:

WinTang - March of the Tankmen

Syntrus - generic tragedy music

Syntrus - Major Heart on!

_Arbiter_ - MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme

Deflektor76 - Tankmen on breakfast!

Metal submissions:

darkkloud - Tank world

darkkloud - The Marching

Bad_Man_Incorporated - Bad Man Tank Thing 1

CptnJarrrrrydn - Tankmen (DS revisited)

DnB submissions:

Cerrax - The Tankmen Are Coming!

Techno submissions:

Spikrodd - SpK*) - A Tankmen's Message

Video Game submissions:

Chronamut - *+*+xxxxdasfsfd-remastered+*+*

Jazz submissions:

T7online - T7th Avenue (Tankmen theme)

Trance submissions:

cornandbeans - Tankmen Attack!

Ambient submissions:

PrinceG - 51: Prince.G

Miscellaneous submissions:

-ZEENON- - Tankmen--_--

Ponzjew - Tankman intro

Ponzjew - Undefinable

GooGum - PIGPEN's Tankmen Theme

WinTang - Buffalos in bikini

kliff - my submission to tankmen

END OF LIST.

I just hope I got everything right...lol >:(

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-14 12:02:40

You've got the rest of the month dude :P. No need to rush it :P:P

I was rushing to get my idea out before i lost it.

im trying to refrain from commenting too much as this IS a competition, but this has alot of potential if you refine it some more and have alittle more confidence in your singing.
some of your lyrics are pretty funny dude. :)

Thank joo. <3

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-14 12:57:47

Well here is my entry:

Tankmen Destroyers of All-http://www.newground..639117&sub=58563

I dunno if I am late or not but meh its all fun.
If its too long of an intro or whatnot I can shorten it..

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-14 13:22:14

Ambient submissions:

PrinceG - 51: Prince.G

I didnt want that in the compitition >.> sorry, I didnt plan to take part in this.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-14 15:54:40

At 8/14/06 09:57 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 8/14/06 12:59 AM, Spikrodd wrote: Chronamut, what ever happened to CHR0NOUNC3?

your only collab was good! make more man, cuz i have waited for EVER!
B0UNC3 is a lazy bastard - end of story.

itll never happen again.

damn that sucks, if BOUNC3 is listenin', GET OFF YA LAZY ASS, WORK AT MAKIN MUSIC, AND DONT SUCK AT IT!!!1!

End of story!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-15 05:01:54

At 8/14/06 03:03 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote:

:Teh list....

DarKsidE_555 is now in charge of making and updating the list. He will follow the rules that are stated in the first post, and other ev. changes/extra rules that may apply. Therefore it´s important, if you want to enter the contest, that you read the rules, or you may risk of not ending up on the list. If you´re not on the list, you´re not in the contest.
If there is some misunderstanding or you have actually entered your song in this thread but STILL isn´t in the list without a valid reason, contact DarKsidE_555 or me.

At 8/13/06 05:28 PM, Johnny_Utah wrote:
you know, I didnt think of that. rucklo did mention he wants everybody to only submit ONE new submission. I'll leave him in charge and he can decide.
At 8/14/06 03:03 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote:
ONES YOU'VE ENTERED A SUBMISSION THERE'S NO TURNING BACK!! SONGS CAN'T BE CHANGED BECAUSE YOU CAN ENTER TWO THIS TIME!! Keep that in mind!

Basicly, only one submissions is to be entered, and it should be fresh and new, submitted in august. HOWEVER, this time I figured "what if somone have an OLD song that would go GREAT for the Tankmen theme?"
Therefore two submissions are OK this time - BUT - one OLD and one NEW!
Johnny Utah have been very kind and been giving feedback to a few songs that have entered, and foir the ones who haven´t submitted yet, this is great help, because they can see what Utah likes, and what he doesn´t like.
However, there will be NO changing submissions after they have been entered in this thread. The only thing that is OK is to withdraw. There are a number of reasons for this, I´ll quote myself from the bottom of page5;

At 8/11/06 06:04 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 8/11/06 02:34 PM, Deflektor76 wrote: No need to rush.Take your time to make a good song!
EXACTLY my thoughts.

Please make sure that the submission you post here is the one you actually want to compete with. I don´t want anyone submitting anything here, waiting for respons..-. OPS ppl thought my song sucked, i´ll withraw it and post a new one... therefore;

FROM NOW ON, ALL SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED STAYS, THERE WILL BE NO OPPURTUNITY TO WITHDRAW AND THEN COME BACK WITH A NEW ONE!!!
If you have a DAMN GOOD REASON, this might be possible, but yeah, what I´m trying to say is that you THINK before you;
A - submit to the portal
B - submit to the contest.

The only option there is, is to withdraw alltogether, and even if YOU might think that everyone elses submissions rocks and that your own contest entry sucks, You still don´t know if YOUR song is the perfect song that Utah is looking for!!!

So please THINK! Read the very first post, and THINK before you submit your song, for your own sake!
(for my sake it´s awsome to see alot of submissions, of course, but i´d prefer to see few good songs in the contest instead of 100 half-crappy ones... I´m sure Utah and most of you guys would agree deep down, right?! :)
I am pointing this out because in the previous one there were a couple of changes in the entries, quite close to the closing of the sign-up too. And allthough the chaning itself is not a big issue for me personally, I can see other contestants getting slightly annoyed when the line-up suddenly changes... also, if everyone do their best BEFORE submitting, we´ll have a much higher quality of the contest entries, making it all alot more interesting.
This is NOT me coming down on the entries so far, i´ve heard only two, since i´m on dial up, and they were both awsome in my opinion!!! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-15 11:45:25

ok ive gone over my song and fixed it up with all the frills...yknow...staying on rythym, vocals with conviction....that sorta stuff.

http://googumproduce..rap/tankmen_1775.mp3

I put it up on my website cuz it seems a bit stupid to put basically the same song up twice on the portal but if (person making rules) would like for me to upload it i will.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-15 16:46:46

um, guys, my submission for the song i sent in doesn't play fully as it has in the past. The audip portal made my song short like the many other times >:(

i may need to resubmit the song...

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 00:43:38

At 8/15/06 04:46 PM, Spikrodd wrote: um, guys, my submission for the song i sent in doesn't play fully as it has in the past. The audip portal made my song short like the many other times >:(

i may need to resubmit the song...

It´s a known bug, wich I would consider a valid reason for exchanging the file with a new one :)
However, me or somone I trust (regular anyone? wink wink;) must check the song(s). Me still on dial-up, cant´do shit then wait.... hmmmm i could start cleaning my room as the pages loads.... good idea, thanxbye.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 08:31:12

At 8/16/06 08:04 AM, Deflektor76 wrote: Hey,guys,did you notice Johnny Utah already used a submission for TANKMEN 2?
http://www.newground..m/portal/view/332674

A custom loop by me.
However, it's not the Contest one.
The winner will be used at the third, so in all basic.
Keep submitting.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 08:33:47

OMG!! LoL @ _Arbiter_

I said your tune owns! :D congrats man! Fill your socks with joy! ;)

As for the contest. Johnny_Utah said that he is gonna use more then one entry if he likes the tune.

If you read this Johnny, when do you upload the sound samples? I just need that one I ask you for my submission! It's nearly finished. >: D

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 08:35:10

At 8/16/06 08:31 AM, _Arbiter_ wrote:
A custom loop by me.

Damn, I was to slow again. >__> "Oh capitchpatch kids"

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 08:35:34

At 8/16/06 08:33 AM, DarKsidE_555 wrote:
If you read this Johnny

He's currently asleep, as he stayed up to 7 in the morning finishing up the flash.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 08:41:38

At 8/16/06 08:35 AM, _Arbiter_ wrote:
He's currently asleep, as he stayed up to 7 in the morning finishing up the flash.

Yeah, and it's a goood ONE btw.!! Perfect sequel! :D

Well he said that he gonna upload some sound samples, just wanted to point it out again. :) I want to finish my entry you know. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 12:52:33

Independent Judging
I´m looking through the posibilities of making an independendt judging as well as the Utah´s selection.
Most likley, the songs in an independent judging would be the ones from august only.

At the moment I´m checking judges, so, here´s a list of names that have been judging in MAC6 - July, and people that have voulenteered.

If you are in the list, and would be interested in judging in an independent judgement this month, please PM me.
If you are on the list and do NOT want to be there, PM me an tell me so.

Potential Judges

LJCoffee

-ZENON-

Khuskan

Triskele

Erkie

Kingbastard

gecko21189

Superdrummer146

PiePie

Triskele

WinTang

dj_padman1

MusicalSerenity

Simon_F

SoulStrings

FDA

(Rucklo)

Tankmen2
Like mentioned earlier in this thread, Tankmen2 is out (check it, it´s awsome!!!).
Tankmen2 have nothing to do with this contest, _Arbiter_ got lucky anyway and had an audio used in that flash :)
Also, like he mentioned earlier, there is really no telling how many songs Utah wishes to use, but at least one in a future Tankmen flash is coming up. It is not unlikley that he will revisit this thread after the contest is over and use more audios, right Utah? :)

Other stuff
I´ve totally slacked with sending out PM´s, wich I was supposed to do over a week ago. This month there will be no PM, since it´s kindof too late for encouraging everyone to wear the sig-pic and stuff, wich was one of the purposes along with announicing the winner and the MAC6 - Aug... I´m still on dial-up, and will probably be so all of august (unless i get lucky and find an apartement).
Also, Tom did mention the MAC in the news section, so I´ll hold the PM´s. Perhaps they won´t even be nessecary in the future MAC´s.

Utah have said that he will put out voice samples from the first Tankmenflash (like DarKsidE_555 mentioned). What samples is up to him, and when they´re out is also up to him :D

I am trying to form a MAC-crew, it´s quite alot of work making this contest, and when I start school in the end of Aug. there will be less time for fun stuff like this.
So far, DarKsidE_555 have agreed to take care of keeping the list of entries updated.
LJCoffee have a couple of really good idea for a judging system, so he will most likley take care of that part a little more. About judging, nothing have been 100% decided yet (and also, like mentioned an independent judging isn´t verified either).
MusicalSerenity will take care of the
I will see what other tasks that will be split out, and mostMAC CD, and G9 will make a podcast on the august signups.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 13:05:01

Fuck, deja vu... I swear to god that I read Rucklos exact post before somewhere....

>:(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 13:24:30

Intriging all the developments of late.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 13:33:05

I have a pretty good marching song that I'd like to enter in: March of the Cyborgs , OLD

But think of it as March of the Tankmen :)

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 14:19:46

At 8/16/06 12:52 PM, Rucklo wrote: MusicalSerenity will take care of the
I will see what other tasks that will be split out, and mostMAC CD, and G9 will make a podcast on the august signups.

Uhhh yeah i messed up with the links (that always show up at the end of what youre writing, and not where you´re actually writing...) the correct line should look like this;

MusicalSerenity will take care of the MAC CD, and G9 will make a podcast on the august signups.
I will see what other tasks that will be split out, and most (here im not sure what i was about, but most likley something about that i have to check things through before i decide what tasks can be split out).

euh sry, i think the beer starts talking again :-/

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 15:34:15

So the contest is still going on? I almost got angry =)

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 15:35:02

At 8/16/06 03:34 PM, RageVI wrote: So the contest is still going on? I almost got angry =)

Yep, it is.

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 21:34:10

At 8/16/06 08:04 AM, Deflektor76 wrote: http://www.newground..m/portal/view/332674

JOHNNY, YOU TOOK THE BEST JOKE FROM EPISODE 1 AND GAVE IT A BACKSTORY!!!!!!
....thats just genius. i lawlt.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 21:34:58

At 8/16/06 03:35 PM, _Arbiter_ wrote:
At 8/16/06 03:34 PM, RageVI wrote: So the contest is still going on? I almost got angry =)
Yep, it is.

Indeed.

Put yer almost-angryness into some music, will ya? It+s been AGE´S since we got to hear some stuff from ya man, get it out! :)

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac6 - August 2006-08-16 23:33:54

It's unfortunate that my songs are mostly techno, I'll try to compose something fresh.

For the meantime though, I got a classic of mine that might just work:
Synthesized Pathway - OLD
Might be good for a combat scene. I'll have something comedic out by the end of the week.