00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ELI-DEADGUY just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fire emblem crew

229,461 Views | 3,870 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to fire emblem crew 2008-12-17 22:10:19

At 12/17/08 09:53 PM, DocSprite wrote: Any info about the American release? Is it coming at all? It better be, I'm psyched to finally play as Roy

You mean play as Marth? As for the NA release date, Wikipedia says it's going to be February 16, 2009. Not too far off, but still a long wait.

If you want it now and have a DS emulator (I recommend No$GBA), then here's a ROM file of the game. I have it and it works 99%.

Response to fire emblem crew 2008-12-23 21:05:26

Well, I said I'd give you an update so here it is.

In this game you get tons of units. They pretty much throw them at you. It also seem to be grim for the perfectionists(like myself) who like to get all the characters. It's like they encourage loss. Right in the beginninjg they force you to sacrafice a charater. They also made gaiden chapters that you only get if you have less them 15 characters left, meaning you let alot die. One thing that bothers me is how marth is the only one that can visit villages. And as you know they let you change the class of your characters freely at your base. Although pure bred characters work out better, unless you convert from a low level. I can't say i've used it much, except for the paladin they give you at the begining, which I converted to a wyvern lord. I suppose if you lose alot of units and need another healer you would need to convert.

Now for wifi play. When playing random people you get no handicap, the stage is random, and it does not seek oponents of a similar level. The few times I played I got schooled by higher level characters. It would be best to beat the game first before atempting wifi random. With friends you can put handicap on so that your characters are all equal. Once you win a battle you get a card which you can apply to your teams for a boost. For example one card gives your magic users plus 10% accuracy. Teams are made up of 5 and take place on real maps. it's limited to at most 10 turns and if the one who has the base by then wins.

For gameplay, it can be played with the stylus and the buttons. I personally prefer the buttons. You can skip the enemy phase all together and although you may miss something important. I comes in handy when you know what will happen. Also the balance of levels and recruits isn't always good. I got a sage that was weaker than my level 3 mage.

Well, I hope this helps you guys get an understanding, or clears up some questions. Note that i'm playing the Euro version on my ds so it is pretty much the US version. If you have any questions just ask away.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-01-03 21:40:52

I should have looked for this club sooner...
I'd like to join as a soldier.

As for a little verification, FE:DS is coming out Feb. 16, 2009.

I'm working hard to hardly work.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 02:15:26

Holy crap,shadow dragon comes out in 6 days? Man I totally forgot about that one even existing because I haven't heard anything about it since it's introduction.

Oh and Radiant Dawn is the best game on the wii,hands down.Ive probably played through it about 6 or 7 times.Harr rapes everything in that one,I had all his skills capped.

I'm a dragon

BoshansStudios made this awesome sig.

My gamertag is Kirbykiller13,add me,we'll go hard and kill some scrubs.

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 07:28:25

At 2/11/09 02:15 AM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Holy crap,shadow dragon comes out in 6 days? Man I totally forgot about that one even existing because I haven't heard anything about it since it's introduction.

Before I respond I ask to join. Now that that's done, are you serious? It's that close to launch? Pity I won't be able to get it.

Oh and Radiant Dawn is the best game on the wii,hands down.Ive probably played through it about 6 or 7 times.Harr rapes everything in that one,I had all his skills capped.

I wouldn't say that. And I never did get Harr, which I probably should regret. He's a wyvern rider, right?

And yeah, I'd like to join.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 07:31:20

At 12/23/08 09:05 PM, ramun-flame wrote: Well, I said I'd give you an update so here it is.

In this game you get tons of units. They pretty much throw them at you. It also seem to be grim for the perfectionists(like myself) who like to get all the characters. It's like they encourage loss. Right in the beginninjg they force you to sacrafice a charater. They also made gaiden chapters that you only get if you have less them 15 characters left, meaning you let alot die.

Wow, really? I'm like that too, I won't let anyone die. You know? Looks like a dark story then, lots of people dying... instead of the oh-so happy other games where i let everyone live :)

One thing that bothers me is how marth is the only one that can visit villages. And as you know they let you change the class of your characters freely at your base. Although pure bred characters work out better, unless you convert from a low level. I can't say i've used it much, except for the paladin they give you at the begining, which I converted to a wyvern lord. I suppose if you lose alot of units and need another healer you would need to convert.

I'm not sure I like being able to change into anything you want. If I do get the game, I'll most likely keep them "pure bred".

Well, I hope this helps you guys get an understanding, or clears up some questions. Note that i'm playing the Euro version on my ds so it is pretty much the US version. If you have any questions just ask away.

Thank you mr. Ramun.

I really should start posting here.

Well, I've started playing FE... forgot the number. It was the one with eliwood, lyn, hector, you know the one right?

I'm currently on the side quest, 16x, with all the pirates and goodies. Just... posting. Good crew like this needs some bumps.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 15:59:06

At 2/11/09 07:28 AM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Before I respond I ask to join.

Oh yeah sure,I just kinda guessed I could instantly be a member because I consider myself such a big fan of the series.I walked a mile to get my copy of radiant dawn,had to call every store in the city to find one that had it.

Now that that's done, are you serious? It's that close to launch? Pity I won't be able to get it.

Yeah I was surprised too,but the UK has had the game for almost two months!

And I never did get Harr, which I probably should regret. He's a wyvern rider, right?

Yeah he's a wyvern rider.You should see his final class,he's completely covered in armor,and his helmet looks badass.And he does his stun attack almost every other turn.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 16:51:17

COOL!!a fire emblem crew!if i can be a wizard,im so in!

yiffy-ky-yay!

the place for furs, the fur crew / oooh...colours... / since im bi, i go to the NG gay/bisexual club, so what?

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 17:51:55

At 2/11/09 03:59 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Oh yeah sure,I just kinda guessed I could instantly be a member because I consider myself such a big fan of the series.I walked a mile to get my copy of radiant dawn,had to call every store in the city to find one that had it.

Really? My local Wal-Mart had plenty of copies.

Yeah I was surprised too,but the UK has had the game for almost two months!

Yeah, it's one of the few times I'm jealous of the Brits.

Yeah he's a wyvern rider.You should see his final class,he's completely covered in armor,and his helmet looks badass.And he does his stun attack almost every other turn.

Wow. I missed recruiting Harr because I never new you could recruit people until a few weeks after.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-11 20:06:13

At 2/11/09 05:51 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Really? My local Wal-Mart had plenty of copies.

Well I tried to get it on launch day,but no stores had it,wal mart said it would have it the next day,so that's when I got it.

Wow. I missed recruiting Harr because I never new you could recruit people until a few weeks after.

Yeah,I remember my first play through of path of radiance,I killed zihark,jill,and ilyana,and I missed stefan and the pink haired pegasus knight.Oh and boyd got killed early on as well.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-14 23:30:46

Oh I forgot I'm supposed to pick a class or something.

Let's see.....I want to be a dragon,yep,I'm a dragon now,cool.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 01:46:28

At 2/14/09 11:30 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Oh I forgot I'm supposed to pick a class or something.

What? Did I miss something somewhere along the lines?

And Marshall FTW.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 02:40:24

How did you not know you could recruit people?

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 03:15:28

At 2/15/09 02:40 AM, SapphireLight wrote: How did you not know you could recruit people?

Because I had never previously played a Fire Emblem game...?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 03:21:18

Did you skip the instructions? Not read the box? Know nothing about the game at all previously?

That's absurd.

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 04:38:26

At 2/15/09 03:21 AM, SapphireLight wrote: Did you skip the instructions?

Manual or tutorial? Either way, yes.

Not read the box?

Pffft.

Know nothing about the game at all previously?

Not much, no.

That's absurd.

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 08:22:03

No one responded to my post D:

So, I'm playing the FE with Lyn, Eliwood, Hector, etc.

I'm on chapter 20, and I'm just wondering. Needing some help.

First off, last chapter, at 19, I stole the member card. I remember a friend showing me some store or something with stuff at half price but I'm not sure exactly where to access this "store".

Now at chapter 20, I remember a peg knight comes? I believe she was related to Florina and Fiora. But she never came... is there any way to make her just appear? Any other tips on this chapter would be greatly appreciated.

Help pl0x, thanks.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 11:32:23

At 2/15/09 01:46 AM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/14/09 11:30 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Oh I forgot I'm supposed to pick a class or something.

What? Did I miss something somewhere along the lines?

Let me refer you to the original post in this thread:

At 7/18/06 04:33 PM, Kilik-ownz wrote: 4. u may choose a type of combatant (mercenary, soldier, knight, troubadour, mage etc.). U can get classed up depending on how or following the rules and behavior. (mercenary levels up 2 hero, knight levels up to general, etc.)

Error - your post was 621 characters in length, 86.47% of which was taken up by quoted text. Please include only the quoted parts that are relevant in your post before trying to post your message again.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 11:45:40

At 2/15/09 11:32 AM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Let me refer you to the original post in this thread:

Oh. All right then.

Soldier.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 16:40:56

At 2/15/09 02:40 AM, SapphireLight wrote: How did you not know you could recruit people?

If they had a red circle under them I would kill them,it wasn't until later on that I realized that if an enemy had different colored clothes then the other troops then you could probably recruit him.

Oh and you know that level in path of radiance where you recruit ilyana?I had oscar and boyd in their second class already.Shit was so cash.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-15 16:52:16

My brother had it on Gamecube. Dunno what happened to it though...

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 06:06:06

Alright. I ask for simple help but I have no replies. I have known some of you from the VG forums before and already recognize your stupidity. Didn't know you could recruit people? That's fucking rediculous I mean come on! I had my first FE game when I was 8 and if you just read some instructions it makes it very clear that you can recruit people.

I see the intelligient are few here, this is not a reliable source for any FE help. I'll just go to game faqs or something. Such a shame, though. Great game, terrible thread.

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 09:46:09

I love Fire Emblem. I have every game out in the US. I absolutely love it. Shadow Dragon is coming out today for the US and I am so getting it, in a few hours.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 12:43:45

At 2/16/09 06:06 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I see the intelligient are few here, this is not a reliable source for any FE help. I'll just go to game faqs or something. Such a shame, though. Great game, terrible thread.

So, just because some of us didn't read the manual, that makes us complete retards? I've never found that reading the manual made the game any more enjoyable, and was just a waste of time. Fuck off.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 12:46:48

At 2/16/09 12:43 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
So, just because some of us didn't read the manual, that makes us complete retards? I've never found that reading the manual made the game any more enjoyable, and was just a waste of time. Fuck off.

No, but not following the tuts and making yourself completely oblivious to the rules does.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 12:50:24

At 2/16/09 12:46 PM, DocSprite wrote: No, but not following the tuts and making yourself completely oblivious to the rules does.

I see your point. But, just because I didn't know about one (relatively obscure) aspect of gameplay doesn't make me "completely oblivious". And what I mean by obscure is by that it's only used what- every five levels at the most? Not even that.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 12:55:10

It's debatable.

So, who's getting Shadow Dragon?

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 14:54:07

At 2/16/09 06:06 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Alright. I ask for simple help but I have no replies. I have known some of you from the VG forums before and already recognize your stupidity. Didn't know you could recruit people? That's fucking rediculous I mean come on! I had my first FE game when I was 8 and if you just read some instructions it makes it very clear that you can recruit people.

sorry bro,I haven't played SS before.

I see the intelligient are few here, this is not a reliable source for any FE help.

don't call us stupid,you're the one who can't find the fucking shop.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 15:00:23

Fuck. I went to Gamestop and they said they wouldn't be getting the shipment until tomorrow.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 15:29:16

At 2/16/09 12:55 PM, DocSprite wrote: It's debatable.

I'll leave it at that.

So, who's getting Shadow Dragon?

Once I get enough money after I buy Star Ocean IV.

Which won't be for a long while.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature