00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sketchy-cosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

fire emblem crew

230,249 Views | 3,870 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 16:46:40

At 2/16/09 03:00 PM, DocSprite wrote: Fuck. I went to Gamestop and they said they wouldn't be getting the shipment until tomorrow.

Same here,what the fuck is wrong with gamestop and fire emblem?They got GTA4 like a week before it was available for sale,but they'll get fire emblem whenever they feel like it.

Fuck,this is just what happened when i got radiant dawn.Fuck it,i'll buy the damn thing online,if it wasn't for the fact that i only have a gamestop gift card (i'm fucking broke) i'd buy it somewhere else.

I'm a dragon

BoshansStudios made this awesome sig.

My gamertag is Kirbykiller13,add me,we'll go hard and kill some scrubs.

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 21:40:46

At 2/16/09 04:46 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Same here,what the fuck is wrong with gamestop and fire emblem?They got GTA4 like a week before it was available for sale,but they'll get fire emblem whenever they feel like it.

That was just because of the massive demand for GTAIV. If Fire Emblem had half the demand GTA did, then my guess is that they would have had it today.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 21:59:10

At 2/16/09 09:40 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/16/09 04:46 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: Same here,what the fuck is wrong with gamestop and fire emblem?They got GTA4 like a week before it was available for sale,but they'll get fire emblem whenever they feel like it.
That was just because of the massive demand for GTAIV. If Fire Emblem had half the demand GTA did, then my guess is that they would have had it today.

The whole store was full of shit.

I go in,I can't get shadow dragon,so i looked for either of the GBA FE games,couldn't find em,then i looked for one of the Phoenix wright games,which i couldn't find,then i looked to see if they had a good ps2 game,and guess what?Nothing but naruto and fucking sports games.

And to top it all off,there was this guy playing some shitty kirby game right in the middle of the front door,ffffff.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 23:00:46

At 2/16/09 09:59 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: And to top it all off,there was this guy playing some shitty kirby game right in the middle of the front door,ffffff.

Wow. Am I glad I don't live where you do.

I would contemplate suicide.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 23:08:58

At 2/16/09 11:00 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/16/09 09:59 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: And to top it all off,there was this guy playing some shitty kirby game right in the middle of the front door,ffffff.
Wow. Am I glad I don't live where you do.
I would contemplate suicide.

the weird thing is that this is the first time I hated my visit to gamestop,usually everything goes pretty well.

But now,fuck it,I'll go to best buy,atleast there i won't be smothered by a group of fucking casual gamers playing shitty demos starring that shitty little pick fucker.

they didn't even have any new ps2 games anymore,fuck,next time i want to build up my ps2 collection i'll just save up a bunch of money and buy a crapload on amazon.

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-16 23:58:27

At 2/16/09 11:08 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote: the weird thing is that this is the first time I hated my visit to gamestop,usually everything goes pretty well.

Yeah, Gamestop usually has what Wal-Mart doesn't, which is everything.

But now,fuck it,I'll go to best buy,atleast there i won't be smothered by a group of fucking casual gamers playing shitty demos starring that shitty little pick fucker.

I never really visit Best Buy, just because the closest one is around 70 miles away.

they didn't even have any new ps2 games anymore,fuck,next time i want to build up my ps2 collection i'll just save up a bunch of money and buy a crapload on amazon.

That's pretty much what I do anytime I want an old/obscure GBA, Gamecube, or N64 game.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-17 02:49:11

Oh well,back to fire emblem.

So on Radiant dawn who would you pick to be on a 10 player squad?
Here's my lineup(in order of usefulness)

Harr
Ike
Gatrie
Aran
Rhys
Edward
Shinon
Soren
Volke
Pelleas

I don't really like using laguz,that laguz bar thing is still a pain and the laguz royalty are all so overpowered that is isn't very fun(although i did manage to get tibarn killed accidentally,stupid crossbowmen).

I'm a dragon

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-17 19:00:57

Ike is the best character in the game, period. With a maxed out Hero turned maxed out Vanguard with Aether, you can own seemingly endless squads of enemies without any damage.

I got Shadow Dragon, and there's a bunch of noticable changes to the gameplay, one of which is that you can no longer rescue. :( It's a great game, though. Marth owns greatly, about as strong as Ephraim from the Sacred Stones. Oh yeah, Priests and Clerics finally get more exp. for Heal then 10.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-17 19:51:05

At 2/17/09 07:00 PM, DocSprite wrote: Ike is the best character in the game, period. With a maxed out Hero turned maxed out Vanguard with Aether, you can own seemingly endless squads of enemies without any damage.

Well, he damn well better be, considering he was the main character.

I got Shadow Dragon, and there's a bunch of noticable changes to the gameplay, one of which is that you can no longer rescue. :(

Eh, I never really used that, but it did come in handy whenever I inadvertently fucked up.

It's a great game, though. Marth owns greatly, about as strong as Ephraim from the Sacred Stones. Oh yeah, Priests and Clerics finally get more exp. for Heal then 10.

That's good to hear. The fact that the healers level up faster should make things easier.

Or maybe....TOO easy?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-17 20:26:18

At 2/17/09 07:51 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Eh, I never really used that, but it did come in handy whenever I inadvertently fucked up.

Well, I really needed it when I had Marth facing the boss, and I knew he was about to own me. I had two cavaliers and a horseman who could've rescued him.

Another big thing: you can change a characters class at will. As in, you can change a 1st tier to other 1st tier classes, and a 2nd tier to other 2nd tier classes.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-17 23:04:44

At 2/17/09 08:26 PM, DocSprite wrote: Well, I really needed it when I had Marth facing the boss, and I knew he was about to own me. I had two cavaliers and a horseman who could've rescued him.

Yeah, that would have been the right time for it.

Another big thing: you can change a characters class at will. As in, you can change a 1st tier to other 1st tier classes, and a 2nd tier to other 2nd tier classes.

That's good. It's should make things quite a bit more flexible.

GOD I WANT THAT GAME.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-18 07:56:00

At 2/16/09 12:43 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/16/09 06:06 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I see the intelligient are few here, this is not a reliable source for any FE help. I'll just go to game faqs or something. Such a shame, though. Great game, terrible thread.
So, just because some of us didn't read the manual, that makes us complete retards? I've never found that reading the manual made the game any more enjoyable, and was just a waste of time. Fuck off.

You don't have to read the fucking manual. It tells you in-game as you're playing. What, do you just skip all that? Don't read the story, and don't prepare for anything? Just keep on tapping on that start button? skip skip skip, don't read, just go go go play.

At 2/16/09 02:54 PM, kirbykiller4 wrote:
At 2/16/09 06:06 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Alright. I ask for simple help but I have no replies. I have known some of you from the VG forums before and already recognize your stupidity. Didn't know you could recruit people? That's fucking rediculous I mean come on! I had my first FE game when I was 8 and if you just read some instructions it makes it very clear that you can recruit people.
sorry bro,I haven't played SS before.

No, the one before SS, just plain old "FE". But I suppose you only played the more recent ones. A shame really.

I see the intelligient are few here, this is not a reliable source for any FE help.
don't call us stupid,you're the one who can't find the fucking shop.

Well it's actually a secret shop. You need to pilfer a handy dandy item from an enemy thief. The shop is always concealed somewhere. It's on different chapters, I was simply asking if anyone knew of them. The shops give you some really good weapons and even items to upgrade units. Good stuff.

Just because you "didn't read the instruction manual" or "have never played an FE game before" is no excuse to be completely oblivious. Hell, even my eight year old brother figured the game out on his own. All he did was read a few text windows. For god's sake, is it really that hard?

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-18 15:30:14

I'm already getting bored of SD. The cutscenes are a minute long, it just jumps from map to map.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-18 17:50:48

At 2/18/09 07:56 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: You don't have to read the fucking manual. It tells you in-game as you're playing. What, do you just skip all that? Don't read the story, and don't prepare for anything? Just keep on tapping on that start button? skip skip skip, don't read, just go go go play.

Really? When? I never came across it, and no, I never skip the story. Story is one of the main reasons I play anything. And besides, it doesn't really matter. Most of the recruitable characters weren't all that useful in my opinion (in the console games. SS had great recruitables). And even if it does tell you you can recruit, there are obscure requirements to be met to recruit some characters. That adds a whole lot of unneeded stress to everything. If you're having enough trouble positioning your characters to keep them alive, worrying about if the right character is in the right position to recruit a useless extra makes things harder. Personally, I think most FE games are difficult enough without useless shit on top of it.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-18 19:49:04

At 2/18/09 05:50 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Most of the recruitable characters weren't all that useful in my opinion

Well, even though they're useless once you promote Ike, there are some that are worth the incredibly hard recruiting process, such as Stefan, Nasir and Jill.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-18 21:00:56

At 2/18/09 07:49 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 2/18/09 05:50 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Most of the recruitable characters weren't all that useful in my opinion
Well, even though they're useless once you promote Ike, there are some that are worth the incredibly hard recruiting process, such as Stefan, Nasir and Jill.

Kind of fuzzy on who the first two are. Sorry, it's just been a while. Jill had her uses, but she wasn't as powerful as I'd hope she'd be. The two most useful ones I've come across are Joshua and Marisa from The Sacred Stones. I had so many critical hits with those two it wasn't even funny.

Actually, it was....no, nevermind.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 05:05:25

At 2/18/09 05:50 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/18/09 07:56 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: You don't have to read the fucking manual. It tells you in-game as you're playing. What, do you just skip all that? Don't read the story, and don't prepare for anything? Just keep on tapping on that start button? skip skip skip, don't read, just go go go play.
Really? When? I never came across it, and no, I never skip the story. Story is one of the main reasons I play anything. And besides, it doesn't really matter. Most of the recruitable characters weren't all that useful in my opinion (in the console games. SS had great recruitables). And even if it does tell you you can recruit, there are obscure requirements to be met to recruit some characters. That adds a whole lot of unneeded stress to everything. If you're having enough trouble positioning your characters to keep them alive, worrying about if the right character is in the right position to recruit a useless extra makes things harder. Personally, I think most FE games are difficult enough without useless shit on top of it.

I'm not sure about the console games but in the first GBA FE there was one chapter. You meet "Dorcas". It says "position lyn next to Dorcas and select the "talk" option. Simple really.

But yeah, some characters are really hard to get, but they're usually the ones with higher stats. I see your point. FE is a pretty challenging game, especially for perfectionists such as myself who'd like to beat the game with all chars intact and all recruitables unlocked. As for the other secrets and such, I'm not too worried about those.

For one, I'm terrible at support, I kind of disregard it. But I really should start placing units next to eachother, and such. It's not all that useful but the conversations are actually quite interesting and can progress the story. Sometimes even adding extra cutscenes at the end.

I've played Path of Radiance but didn't get very far. I really should play it some time. But first I'm going to beat the first GBA FE, then PoR, then RD, then whatever it's called for the DS.

Might take a while, might never finish, but who knows. FE is fun ;)

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 07:32:18

At 2/19/09 05:05 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote: I'm not sure about the console games but in the first GBA FE there was one chapter. You meet "Dorcas". It says "position lyn next to Dorcas and select the "talk" option. Simple really.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I never came across anything like that in the console games.

But yeah, some characters are really hard to get, but they're usually the ones with higher stats. I see your point. FE is a pretty challenging game, especially for perfectionists such as myself who'd like to beat the game with all chars intact and all recruitables unlocked. As for the other secrets and such, I'm not too worried about those.

I'm don't really care about that, just beating the game is good enough for me. That, and I usually play through the game more times anyways, and end up getting more stuff regardless. But it's just for it's own sake.

For one, I'm terrible at support, I kind of disregard it. But I really should start placing units next to eachother, and such. It's not all that useful but the conversations are actually quite interesting and can progress the story. Sometimes even adding extra cutscenes at the end.

Yeah, I never really bothered with that. Like I was saying earlier, keeping everyone alive is enough of a challenge without having to position enough characters next to each other. Although the conversations are interesting, I agree.

I've played Path of Radiance but didn't get very far. I really should play it some time. But first I'm going to beat the first GBA FE, then PoR, then RD, then whatever it's called for the DS.

It's a great game. It doesn't look great, but that's really the only thing I can say about it that's bad.

Might take a while, might never finish, but who knows. FE is fun ;)

Yeah, fun but brutal. But brutal in a way that never gets frustrating, and that's what Nintendo is good at.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 15:31:18

At 2/19/09 07:32 AM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
Yeah, fun but brutal. But brutal in a way that never gets frustrating, and that's what Nintendo is good at.

I suppose you can say its brutal in the way that it gets you extremely frustrated, but you just keep coming back.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 15:37:38

Just thought I pop in and ask if Shadow Dragon is any good. I want to get it but I need to know if it's good or not.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 16:10:21

At 2/19/09 03:37 PM, FurryFox wrote: Just thought I pop in and ask if Shadow Dragon is any good. I want to get it but I need to know if it's good or not.

Meh. I'd give it a 7/10. Its the first game in the sries, so it isn't fully developed yet. Some notable differences from other portables are that you can change a character's class, the only seal is Master, and you can't rescue. The plotline is thin, too, it has the same plotline as FE7 and SS, but this time the cutscenes are a munite long.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 16:15:25

At 2/19/09 03:37 PM, FurryFox wrote: Just thought I pop in and ask if Shadow Dragon is any good. I want to get it but I need to know if it's good or not.

It's good if you like fire emblem.

Wow, I hadn't been here for so long and completely forgot about the US release since I played the Euro one. I'm sad to say I never beat the game, but I might finish it if you guys want to battle. One thing i don't like about battleing is that the one dragon you get at the end is invinsible, the only one who can beat her is herself. So whoever attacks first I guess. Also hi azn, I didn't expect you to post here, glad to have you though. hope to battle you guys soon.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 17:39:02

Friend code pzl?

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 18:47:34

I actually prefer the Sprited FE w/o 3D models. For me, the greatest part of playing FE was watching the awesome Critical Hits... In SD, the crits just become a simple glow and basic attack... Not much fun in watching that. Also FE7, Ross ~ Berserker Class ftw.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 20:42:55

At 2/19/09 06:47 PM, ikool wrote: Ross ~ Berserker Class ftw.

FE8 actually, and any trainee class makes a great character if maxed out every time.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 20:44:00

At 2/19/09 08:42 PM, DocSprite wrote: FE8 actually, and any trainee class makes a great character if maxed out every time.

I never bothered with the trainees. Are they that much of an improvement to your team?

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 20:51:19

At 2/19/09 08:44 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/19/09 08:42 PM, DocSprite wrote: FE8 actually, and any trainee class makes a great character if maxed out every time.
I never bothered with the trainees. Are they that much of an improvement to your team?

Incredibly, leveling Trainees can be a huge benefactor to your team, for they get an extra 10 levels to gain stats, and you can choose between 2 first tier classes. Although Amelia isn't as good as Ross and Ewan.

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-19 20:54:46

At 2/19/09 08:51 PM, DocSprite wrote: Incredibly, leveling Trainees can be a huge benefactor to your team, for they get an extra 10 levels to gain stats, and you can choose between 2 first tier classes. Although Amelia isn't as good as Ross and Ewan.

Really? Wow. I remember getting all three, but it was really hard to keep Amelia alive. She'd usually go and try attack one of my horsemen, miss, and get killed by the counter. But I'll have to see about that, thanks for the tip.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-20 03:25:39

At 2/19/09 04:15 PM, ramun-flame wrote:

hmm, well getting the game in Indonesia will be challenging. I dunno if there's international shipping... But I hope we can have as much fun as we did with AW last summer ;P

At 2/19/09 08:54 PM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote:
At 2/19/09 08:51 PM, DocSprite wrote: Incredibly, leveling Trainees can be a huge benefactor to your team, for they get an extra 10 levels to gain stats, and you can choose between 2 first tier classes. Although Amelia isn't as good as Ross and Ewan.
Really? Wow. I remember getting all three, but it was really hard to keep Amelia alive. She'd usually go and try attack one of my horsemen, miss, and get killed by the counter. But I'll have to see about that, thanks for the tip.

Well what you do with the "trainees" or what I call them, "baby classes". Is this: You get a stronger character, and damage an enemy unit just enough so that it can be finished off easily by a "trainee". Because remember, whoever kills a unit gets bonus exp. It's also what I do for my other weaker units, to train them all equally.

And Amelia kicks major ass. I don't know what class you turned her into, but in the end she's a wtf pwn General in my game. A general with 21 speed and impenetrable defense, too good.

Ross is a berserker and Ewan is a druid. But Ewan isn't that great... maybe I shoulda tried a different class. So... it goes (for me) Amelia, Ross, than Ewan.

Point is: Trainees have a lot more potential than other chars, train them well :)

BBS Signature

Response to fire emblem crew 2009-02-20 18:08:42

At 2/20/09 03:25 AM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
Ross is a berserker and Ewan is a druid. But Ewan isn't that great... maybe I shoulda tried a different class. So... it goes (for me) Amelia, Ross, than Ewan.

I get Ewan as a Summoner usually. Once you get to Level 20 the Phantoms come with Demon Axes if you're lucky.