00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zhombe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Header

44,271 Views | 602 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:30:24

I like the new header, it´s not that different from the other one, however I kinda miss the icons...

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:33:49

Why can't you put the link to the forums in one of those big links? This place is a big part of the site.

sockpuppetclock

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:35:33

the new header looks ok for now.
but, as for the buttons...

kinda too big but i guess it has to fill up that section widthwise somehow.
i would put icons like the last menu bar had just to make it not look kinda "blah", you know?

[PHP: Main]-[AVGN Club]

"You know a dame is classy when she got some jiggle in her assy." - Unknown

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:41:07

I like it a lot, but I wish you could move all the icons back (P-bot and such). Is the slogan change official? I liked "The problems of the future, today!" one better.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:47:05

Your new interface really comforts the eye. I like the yellows... Good day to you!

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:48:01

Ah, noticed something bad about it. There's no 'remember log in' function. :(

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:52:50

At 2/15/06 09:48 AM, Wonchop wrote: Ah, noticed something bad about it. There's no 'remember log in' function. :(

Yeah, now we have to sign in every time we log into Newgrounds. Every time.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:55:16

Good work guys, I like it! Nice and modernized.

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 09:59:53

A little large there Tom.

"I don't turn water to to wine but to cold coors light, I'm not Jesus I know, but I got that hydroponic shit that me and Judas grow"

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:07:52

At 2/15/06 09:59 AM, -DaftPunk- wrote: A little large there Tom.

Agreed.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:10:54

ALERT!! A new background!!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:14:29

At 2/15/06 10:10 AM, -Casualty- wrote: ALERT!! A new background!!

The background was updated at the same time as the banner was.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:27:21

At 2/15/06 10:14 AM, Andersson wrote:
The background was updated at the same time as the banner was.

Weird... I only noticed a few minutes ago.. Probably my browser was a bit slower and it showed the BG for a bit longer or something..

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:29:16

to be honest i don't liek the new changes.. replacing all the swf menus with html one just means those with horrificly bad internet connections will have the menu loaded faster..

the menu and whole title is now huge!

the background is kkinda.. well.. sickly yellow...

maybe if there was some way to have a huge vote on the menu!?

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:34:37

OMG!!! loaves of bread comes in slices!!!

[PHP: Main]-[AVGN Club]

"You know a dame is classy when she got some jiggle in her assy." - Unknown

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:35:32

Not bad but i liked the old slogan and title better but hopefully i will grow to like it keep up the good work NG rules! and always will be apart of my life.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:36:16

I loved the old tank :'(

Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.

-Ambrose Bierce

"This sig, is fucking cool."

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:39:05

just logged on about 5 minutes ago and noticed them i must say some fine work there

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:41:07

Its pretty. Shame it dosn't match the rest of the site.

Jeez, if you're going to use that, why didn't you make the background the say charcoal grey as the rest of the pages, instead of that old-school black.

EVERY website is black these days.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:45:32

Nice new change. A nice surprise when I got on NG today. The only problem with it is trying to get used to clicking on the right places since I seem to keep moving my mouse to the wrong place to click on the Flash Portal. XD Other than that, I like this new header. Hopefully profiles will be the next thing to be changed on NG.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:46:15

FU**ING AWSEOME
much much much better than before
to think that the firts one was so... lame (i am talking about the vary first one not the last one) are you goeing to change the rest of the site 2 cause it doesnt fit togetter but ho the HELL cares i could also use as much knowledge of flash as possible i am only 12 years and my flash got 3 times rejacked (however you write that hey i am from belgium) so maybe a good idea is a full newgrounds page (or 500 pages) of action scripting motion tweening (no i am not that stupid but other beginners don't know that ... a few at least ) fbf etc. i swear to satan that would be sooooo usefull to me

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 10:47:51

At 2/15/06 10:35 AM, blankflashist wrote: Not bad but i liked the old slogan and title better but hopefully i will grow to like it keep up the good work NG rules! and always will be apart of my life.

Yeah, I'm with you.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:00:34

Seeing the log in at the top all the time makes me think I'm not logged in.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:03:03

...I dont like having the Flash Portal button there, I keep clicking on the top header.

I have to get used to it I guss...But the old one still looked very nice. It didnt have to change right now.

I kinda like the new slogan. Ive always found "The Problems Of The Future, today" kind of not meaning anything.

Oh well. Its ok

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:05:54

At 2/15/06 10:54 AM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: "How We Roll" rocks the face off of "Everything, By Everybody". It also has a bit of truth to it.

Hmmm, I have to concur that "How We Roll" would be better, since the logo is a tank and all. And as vibes said earlier, this new slogan reminds me of Coca-Cola's "Enjoy" or McDonalds', "We're lovin' it". XP

But we've knew about the new slogan since the PSP section came there Stamper actually had the slogan in his PSP backgrounds.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:05:57

That was.. quite something. I was fucking VERY suprised when I first saw it, it's like the new PSP layout (obviously your intention was for the PSP layout to be similar to the new layout) so I thought I might have accidentally left my user-agent as "PSP" lol XD

Anyway, I kinda like it - can't wait for the rest of the updates.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:10:11

I love the new look. I thought the old header looked a bit childish in my eyes. I cant wait to see the rest of it :)

Fuck you, you fucking fuck!

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:21:42

At 2/15/06 11:00 AM, xjohnwebsterx wrote: Seeing the log in at the top all the time makes me think I'm not logged in.

Yeah, I know. That stinks like a corpse to log in whenever I go to Newgrounds every time! I hate it when that happens. When Newgrounds had an old slogan and logo, remember the log in kept my username and password when I signed in before? Well, with this new slogan and logo, I wish it would repeat that same prosedure when it comes to logging in. *sigh* Wait a minute... maybe Tom can fix it so it will happen again.

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:23:23

Its not bad... dosent really go with the rest of the site... but i think it was time for a change )even if it is a bit on the large side :P)
Also its not made using flash so new vistors who dont have flash player installed will be able to see it which is surely a good thing for NG
Keep up the good work Tom !

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to New Header 2006-02-15 11:29:35

At 2/15/06 11:10 AM, -LazyDrunk- wrote: Was a new motto up for discussion in the PSP section? I've never bothered to explore it, since I'm PSP-less.

Since all the NG backgrounds was made with the new slogan and the new banner have been in work since the backgrounds to the PSP, it isn't hard now to understand that the intention to use this new slogan is old.

Whereas atleast I understood that since Stamper flashed with a new slogan, it would most probably become the official slogan aswell.