00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voting 0

44,717 Views | 493 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 01:39:17

At 1/10/03 01:24 AM, Jethro_The_Mexicano wrote: Wade, seriously whats the difference between the 0 and 5 and they way u guys want it? Look if u vote 0 or 1 i think its gonna lower the score of the entry and u get a blam point. If u vote 2,3,4,5 i think (except maybe 2) its gonna raise the score and u get a protection point.
Thats why I like the + and - idea.

I think he meant that, although there is not much difference when one person does, when hundreds of people do that just to get more BLAM points, it gets many worthy cartoons deleted. In addition you're not utilizing the system of 1 to 5 by not using the middle scores. When many people do it wrong it shows very bad scores.
He emphacized it's about people who do it without even watching the movie.
He provided the example of Monkey Island cartoon, which in no way should have gotten a 0 from anyone, because zero implies totally offensive content.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 01:40:54

I dont know why everyone wants to change the voting system here at NG. I think its fine the way it is. keeps the voting fair and open for everyone.

good job wade and tom. hope to see improvements to newgrounds to make it run better than it already is and faster too. L8r

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 01:50:57

I think he meant that, although there is not much difference when one person does, when hundreds of people do that just to get more BLAM points, it gets many worthy cartoons deleted. In addition you're not utilizing the system of 1 to 5 by not using the middle scores. When many people do it wrong it shows very bad scores.
He emphacized it's about people who do it without even watching the movie.
He provided the example of Monkey Island cartoon, which in no way should have gotten a 0 from anyone, because zero implies totally offensive content.

Yeah you prove a good point. Heres another idea. There is like 100,000 people on NG's and 80% are retarded. And of those retards they are low level. Heres a good one. Maybe you should emphasize more on what level they are and when they signed up. I know that would totally kill me but so what! Ill sacrafice my profile for the good of NG's.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 03:02:12

Give more voting power to those members who actually submit movies. Most of the haters our there are members who haven't submitted a thing.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 03:05:10

I don't get it, personally, as to all the problems people are having. My emphasis is the animation. Ya know what? I don't really care that much if someone posts a racist or homophobic or sexist submission! That's their problem. What I worry about is how good the animation is, the artwork, how original it is. To give something a zero because it was made by a Clock Crew member is ridiculous! Maybe you don't like the Clock Crew, but you should judge the movie or game on its own merits!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 03:16:46

50% of the stuff on here is crap. so i don't see what
the big deal is. But you guys have a point, most of these people just put zero on a movie they don't bother to watch. but people who put 0 on movies that actually are shit. Like me for example, i would blam a movie if it is pure crap and it don't make any sense.

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 04:03:43

About time this happened...i agree with you wade and tom! i've also been using too much 0's and 1's...i will try to vote more fairly like i've set myself to do when i joined newgrounds.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 04:21:08

I agree, me i vote fairly not giving 0's to quality flash.If its ok ill vote a 3.You Ng ZERO"S! are makin the portal a wreck.Crap is another thing like just plain crappy no motion tween no idea of whats goin on would be a bad flash.Dont abuse your ng privledges and lighten up a little.You might be on the next NEWGROUNDS MORONS.Leave the voting to fair users.

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 04:23:42

Just look at my profile and reviews.

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 04:26:34

Is it allowed to vote 5 on every single movie?:DD

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 04:54:14

At 1/10/03 04:23 AM, SamuraiSushiX0Gold wrote: Just look at my profile and reviews.

I've only got 1 review, and it's the best...

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 06:49:39

At 1/9/03 09:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Be sure to read's Tom's post below regarding this issue. First off I want to apologize to the people I sent warnings to. Basically I watched a good submission acquire votes. I basically sent anyone who gave that movie a 0 a warning. This probably wasn't the best way to handle this situation, even though some of the people may have deserved a warning.

Here's the deal. People are using 0 and 1 far to frequently. 0 is there for one reason, a submission is stolen, offensive, malicious, or complete and utter crap that you know the submitter just threw together to submit something. It's not for "Oh, I didn't really like this, it's not my thing". That is a 2, and maybe a 1 if it's poorly done. We need people to vote more responsibly. Newgrounds need it's submitters, otherwise we wouldn't have any new content to watch! So that being said we have to respect the contributors and support them! If you come across a movie that you don't like, but you know they made an effort and others might enjoy it, vote 2! If you do like it, vote 3, 4, or 5 depending on how much you like it and how well you thought it was put together!

We will continue to monitor voters, and we will take action against those who vote blindly or unfairly for whatever reason. We are mainly concerned with NEW entries that are still under judgment. Once a movie has over 100 votes if you feel it's over or under rated than vote however, but give the people who try to make something a fighting chance! So you won't be getting any more warnings unless you are obviously abusing our system.

Well I am not stoping. I am not going to give a high vote if teh movie sucked or if tehy said they tried. i teh movie sucks I will give it a low score and it will be blammed. I mean no way I ma gonna change the way I vote cause some thging is watching me. (ohhh I ma so scared) I can't believe most of you. I know most of you gave a high score cause wade and tom told you too. what are you pussies? god what is wrong with you. Well I know is I won't stop.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 06:58:20

I agree all the way with you wade. but you have to agree with me here to.... i mean there are the biggest piles of shit submited to NG everyday that just take up space. so i click 0 yeah for blam pts cuz i know it will be blamed and cuz it sucks... maybe you should make a protection point give u more then a blam point. that might make people think twice before clicking 1 2 or 3

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 07:56:53

Yea at first many people a wooed by the power of blamming someone elses work. But when you actually try and make something in flash you understand the hard work people put into there submissions. People vote 0 on movies like "ahahahahaha" a movie in which he submitted text saying wouldnt it be funny if this stayed on the portal not some guy who tries and maybe you didnt like it because you didnt laugh or get wowed.

Voting 0

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 08:57:58

What the hell!! I see you're taking the path HITLER did when he wanted a perfect world! WTF! I can't believe you would punish people for doing what's supposed to be purly demoractic. If I want to give a flash a 0 I'll give it a 0. If I want to give something a 1 or 2 or 3 OR FOUR OR FREAKIN FIVE I WILL!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:00:50

Well Tom, there is no doubt about it, those ppl who vote 0, they have less a lie then those ppl who work their ass off just trying to please other ppl. If you like voting 0, well that means you might be jealous of the ppl who made that flash, because you know you cant do something as good, you y, cause you suck, and you have life!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:02:09

We're gona get you evil do-ers!
- Bush

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:08:01

MAN, Fulps, If you want movies you think should get good votes, then strip the whole voting system down and give them your own vote. But that's not right man.

Don't be a cry baby about it, telling people what they "should" vote and giving them warnings. The right thing to do is create another reward or punishment. Like if someone votes a zero on a flash that gets protected, then that user loses 1 of his blam and protect point.

BUT DON'T EVER TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY SHOULD VOTE. God damn Hitler.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:21:41

Uhhh, Just a crazy thought.

How about a Total crap button Like (0) -Blam Button-
If its like 5 seconds long and was made in 1 minute.

And then the rest: 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.5 4.5 5.0 ???

2.5 being a animation that wasnt that great but was nice and long and they put some work into it.

-3.0- Good animation that took time to make and had nice sound effects and blood ect.

and on and on, or however you would want to describe the voting #'s

5.0 Being the greatest of course.

So what im saying is.. There should be a BLAM BUTTON. For those who submit there 5 seconds work over and over again. Then if you put some work into it you will at least get a 2.0 !

Sorry I didnt explain to good, But that would be cool if it was somewhat like that!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:41:54

Sometime in the BBS, some said something about a "+ or -" Idea...it would be reeealy good, cuse when I watch a few Flash, and I like em but dont know what I should pick (like 3,4 or 5). Then U could just put a + and everything would be fine, wouldn´t it ?

And 4 those that just randomly vote 0: Try 2 make yer own Flash, then U´ll see how hard it is. I tried it wonce, with failure ^_^°
Also I vote fair, cuse I think making a good Flash is FUCKIN HARD !

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:45:16

OK......

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:48:08

Riiiiiiiiiight, Then how the hell does your (+) or (-) get higher or lower then someone elses??

How does a (+) beat a (+) ???

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 09:59:31

Well then, I think of it like dis (DONT SUE ME !!!)

When I look a Flash and then vote on em, I do it like this:

5 (If its good/if I like it)
3 (If its okay/a few things could be better)
0 (if its crap/I hate it)

Then the other version (If its gonna happen):

+ (good)
= (okay)
- (crap)

AND PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE HOW THEY WANT IT

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 10:07:49

Dont sue you?

It will have to be #'s to vote.. How do u divide a (+) and a (=) ? is that a +/=?? How do u figure our the schore then? I dont think that will work....

It will have to be #'s to vote. 0,3,5 sounds good

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 10:08:11

Wouldn't it work out if you have a limit on how many blams a submiter can get. What im saying is that many people send in movies that are pure shit and it's kinda pointless for them to have the option on submiting more movies when all they do is submit the same type of crap. So why not say if you get "X" number of movies blamed you can't submit anymore movies. I'm sure there are a lot of flaws with my idea but its just a thought.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 10:12:10

(sorry i pressed send to early) anyway...
Since the majority of the movies submited deserve 0, it's not fair that a user should get punished for acually voting fairly. on the other hand i don't agree with people who just vote 0 regardless of the quality of the work. But if my idea would come true, then a lot of the crap would be filtered out and less users would have to vote 0.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 10:13:27

They way I see things at the moment is that 0 and 1 are the blam point votes with 2 and above protection.

However, is not the level you have to reach to stay in the portal at 100 votes 1??

Therefore by voting 1 you are not actually helping remove any unworthy content? They way it is anything other than a 0 actually helps raise a movies rating up above the danger level. So the only way ppl can be sure that a movie that they think is bad gets removed is to vote 0.

See my logic?

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 10:20:05

Hmm......looks like no one has a bright idea for a new voting system...

Tom or Wade should make a new important Poll: Should they change the voting system? Then like u could select a voting type that they thought of.

Well....I think Im overdoing it again...sorry ^_-

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 10:42:36

I agree. Giving more vote power to the users who have submitted more than one movie is an excellent idea. If they have submitted something themselves and it stayed on newgrounds they should be able to have more power in voting because presumably they know more about doing flash.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 11:18:58

That would be fair enough.

Voting 0