Respond to this Topic
XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 14:03:06 Reply

My whole thing on the vote thing is, that i see alot of crap coming in the portal which is what tom and wade wanted us to clean the portal of bad crapy flash, but if you cant vote 0 on a crapy movie cause everyone else is gonna vote 2-5 on it, i just thaught that if you have the 0 you should use it at your best judgment, in a few months there might be somthing new like we have to upgrade to new servers cause there is so much crap on the portal, its a good idea i guess cause it lets starting authors to put a movie and not have any problems with it getting blamed, well i just hope its all for the good to newgrounds...

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 14:16:44 Reply

Man, look at the Portal! Look how many shitty movies are still there! "Disco Fuck", "Huba Bear". BLAM THESE THINGS, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!

Thanks a lot guys! Now we have to wade through shit to find any good movies!

Voting 0

Katanaman
Katanaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 14:18:50 Reply

The blammers seem to be stopping with the ignorant posts. I'd just like to say a few more words about the subject.

The blammers are treating the case as if it was about violating their rights!!! It's not! This is an entertainment website and also a website to showcase the stuff you make in Flash. Most things in the site are not rights you have. They're privileges. In fact, the fact that you can use this website is a privilege. The only right users of Newgrounds have is for their movies to have a chance if they're decent.

Also, don't be extremist. He doesn't want you to stop blamming crappy movies. Some completely crappy movies deserve to be blammed. He just wants you to vote fairly, as there's a lot of crappy movies which also deserve to be in Newgrounds. Just look at some stuff like Beebo. It's not a masterpiece when it comes to graphics or sound but that's what we love so much about it. And if you start blamming movies like that because of minor problems with the entry, there will never be another hit like Beebo. Think about it and take your conclusions.

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 14:24:24 Reply

Beebo is God. If a movie with the worst graphics ever makes me laugh as hard as Beebo does, it is God, too.

Nobody judges a movie ONLY on graphics.

calmius
calmius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 14:49:45 Reply

Being allowed to vote on movies at newgrounds.com is a privelege, not a right.

Blaze-1
Blaze-1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 14:52:03 Reply

i think the blam/save point system was a bigg mistake...it was all good like it was before the system went up, now everyone is afraid to vote now.........i say if i was wade or tom(i wish), i take out the blam/save point system and put it back what it was.......you have to admit, ever since the blam/save point system went up....everything went out of hand.......now im afraid if i see a movie that really sucks i cant put a 0.....thus if i do i will be bannned right??? so i will say this again......just put it back the way it was...

Voting 0

SeedyKay
SeedyKay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 15:01:37 Reply

Good point, people who are just out to get expierience, without paying attention to the flash/Are pent up with rage/Think that there flash will do better if everyone elses does worse are all GAY.
On a similair note, proper Flash users generally tend to give fair scores and justified, constructive reviews. Those that don't use flash seem to be harsh and insulting. I can only presume this is because they can't respect the hard work and time that goes into producing flash.

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 15:03:35 Reply

Woot! I am now a Blam/Protect Police Officer! Big Brother hasn't slowed ME down!

Voting 0

mattymetro
mattymetro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Melancholy
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 15:06:35 Reply

Ya know what I was just thinkin?...
I think that blam and pro points are kinda silly to begin with... or maybe I should say childish... because thats what makes people miss the point of whats intended... Simplify is prolly the bestest answer.

Voting 0

arctico86
arctico86
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 15:40:01 Reply

finally something to get rid of those pricks

Voting 0

DarkMatterClock
DarkMatterClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 15:44:53 Reply

How do we keep orselves fom being overrun with crap then?

PhilliesBluntClock
PhilliesBluntClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 16:52:12 Reply

ok, nobody ever said you couldnt vote zero. but the point is so you vote fairly. voting zero is only for stolen movies, or movies with something thrown together for the sake of submitting for the hell of it.

the problem is, the zeros are being used too loosely. for example:

someone might make a well done movie saying drugs are bad. so someone comes along and watches it and thinks "man this is wrong, i smoke weed all the time and it isnt like this" so they vote a zero.

one thing that is missing alot of times is constructive criticism, and thats a large portion of the problem.

DuMa-RyoHahn
DuMa-RyoHahn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 16:57:59 Reply

Could we just stop this? I mean ok I can see how people would get mad that wade and tom did this. I can see and understand why you all would react teh way you would but does it have to keep on? tehy have heard all of you they understand what you are saying. there is no need to fight over this. if you are not one of the few people who vote 0 on everything then you ahve nothing to worry about. But, if you do happen to vote 0 on something taht you think earned it well that is fine too. In the end I am sure there is one thing we can ALL agree on

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER & JELLY TIME!

Voting 0

Apocalypsecow
Apocalypsecow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 17:58:26 Reply

Holy crap! This thread is 11 pages long! Contreversy, contreversy...

apotheosis
apotheosis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:00:12 Reply

Hey Wade,

I noticed something interesting; you tend to repeat certain things that Tom already reported. Like for example, this voting 0 and the issue relating to someone posing as tom on AIM to look for people's passwords.

Wade, you may be the brother of TOM, but you are not the biggest cheese of the site. Sure, you're a top adm, but TOM RULES! let tom do the reprimands, and you just succumb to his almighty power.

sincerely,
apotheosis

FrankTheTank987
FrankTheTank987
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:00:32 Reply

Wouldn't it work out if you have a limit on how many blams a submiter can get. What im saying is that many people send in movies that are pure shit and it's kinda pointless for them to have the option on submiting more movies when all they do is submit the same type of crap. So why not say if you get "X" number of movies blamed you can't submit anymore movies. I'm sure there are a lot of flaws with my idea but its just a thought.

Voting 0

Liquidz2k
Liquidz2k
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:22:16 Reply

At 1/11/03 06:00 PM, evilshadows wrote: Wouldn't it work out if you have a limit on how many blams a submiter can get. What im saying is that many people send in movies that are pure shit and it's kinda pointless for them to have the option on submiting more movies when all they do is submit the same type of crap. So why not say if you get "X" number of movies blamed you can't submit anymore movies. I'm sure there are a lot of flaws with my idea but its just a thought.

Nice idea but stopping them from submitting movies ever again is extreme maybe stopping them for a week or two, or maybe for extreme cases a month. Otherwise they would go and create more profiles, or have some one else submit stuff for them. It would be a mess.

Liquidz2k
Liquidz2k
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:24:52 Reply

At 1/11/03 01:59 PM, Narcissus wrote: Laugh it up. I enjoy reading all of these ignorant comments. :)

When I think about it alot now, I belive that is the purpose behind strawberry clock's B. The idea is simple submit a bad flash movie, get it to stay on NG by having your friends vote 5 on it. Then site back, and watch people prove themselfs to be stupid. Quite funny I think.

Dr-Matt
Dr-Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:29:01 Reply

Really wade i agree with you.....ppl should really start voting fairly the only time i vote zero is when it`s crap-ola and i vote 5 very reguraly because i enjoy these movies SO VOTE FAIRLY....OR ELSE *evil laugh*

lil-Ginny
lil-Ginny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:40:49 Reply

Hello again.

First off I would like to say that liljim is an excellent coder.
now here is my idea.

1) have liljim code NG portal so

lil-Ginny
lil-Ginny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 18:44:47 Reply

Hi.

First off, I love NG, this place rocks.
second liljim is a great code guy.

here's my suggestion.

Have liljim code NG portal so that you have to press the "view movie/game" button in order to axess the vote buttons.

an alternate would be have the vote buttons pop up after the movie has played (an alternate idea could be have the vote buttons pop up after a couple minutes becuse a movie could have a loop in it.

This should eliminate the impulse blammers into actually watching movies, they might even start to like peoples works.;

Thanks for listining.
Ginny *hic

BooDestroyer
BooDestroyer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 19:05:01 Reply

Also, make it so that it tells up whether the recent submissions are GAMES or MOVIES.

And put Under Judgement movies/games ONLY in the Recent Submissions list - Not on the main Portal page, but when you click the "See 'em all" link down there!

Yes, I love NG.
I just hate when SOME people treat it like their freaking lives.

BooDestroyer
BooDestroyer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 19:06:44 Reply

At 1/11/03 07:05 PM, Boo_Destroyer wrote: Also, make it so that it tells up whether the recent submissions are GAMES or MOVIES.

Tells US, I meant!

PLZ AN EDIT OPTION!

Tool-Of-The-System
Tool-Of-The-System
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 19:18:18 Reply

At 1/11/03 06:00 PM, evilshadows wrote: Wouldn't it work

Goddamn it, evilshadows. Get rid of my sig pic that you stole.

deltaalphanova
deltaalphanova
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 19:40:47 Reply

i made a movie and i guess it was pretty bad. Because it got blammed. then i looked in the obituarys and saw that someone had reveiwed it and said it was horrible and told me to uninstall flash and never come to NG agian.
I click one his profile and it said that he had

no movies on newgrounds!

so tom.. (or wade) why dont you make a system that only allows peopoe that have submitted movies (where they got blammed or not) to have profiles?

BooDestroyer
BooDestroyer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 20:13:26 Reply

At 1/11/03 07:40 PM, deltaalphanova wrote: so tom.. (or wade) why dont you make a system that only allows peopoe that have submitted movies (where they got blammed or not) to have profiles?

What the hell is your problem?

Knowing Flash does not really make you cool.

Profiles are for everyone and there is nothing wrong with not uploading a single movie whether you have Flash or not!

Mynd
Mynd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 20:19:40 Reply

you know what, this is just a mockery of democracy. you obvously set up the rating votes so people could express their oppinions of a submission freely. when you start threating punishment because people dont vote the way you want them to then you sink down to the level of a facist. i know that it is your site, and you do have a right to operate it, but damn, if you ask people to vote, then let them vote. i personaly dont vote on something unless i can give it a good rating, or its a serious piece of work, but when something is crap crap i'd like to know that i could give it a blam without having to worry where my experence points go. and wtf is with logging of the votes? um HELLO! ever heard of an anon vote? i suggest you read the Constition of The United States of America and learn a lesson about running a fair republic. personaly at this moment i'd vote to blam you from sysop just for being a moron

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 20:19:51 Reply

Nicely put, Boo_destroyer. Just because one knows how to do Flash (albeit, badly) does not make one cool, and just because one has not submitted a movie, does not mean one is not knowledgable of Flash.

If we followed the logic "You have to had made a movie to judge someone else's work" then nobody would be allowed to critique Hollywood movies unless they themseleves had made one too.

Bullshit logic...

Voting 0

Keyser-Soze
Keyser-Soze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 20:21:13 Reply

Woot! Twelves pages and counting!

Could it be that we've all taken this topic and blown it just a teensy bit out of proportion?

ferociousweasel
ferociousweasel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Voting 0 2003-01-11 20:34:45 Reply

The reason I think most people vote 0 is because most movies ARE crappy, and ARE going to get blammed. YOu vote 0, there's a better chance of getting a blam point then 1 or 2.