00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voting 0

44,710 Views | 493 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 16:51:36

At 1/10/03 04:46 PM, Buck_Uncle wrote:
At 1/10/03 04:44 PM, Demonic_Pengin wrote: If clock movies always get blammed, then why do about 15 movies show up when you click on the bar of moview made by say, strawberry or orange clock?

I find them entertaining, that is, is the intention is to be silly. A lot of clock movies are overlooked mainly because they have clocks. Many of these movies are great and show a lot of effort. There are a few poser clocks that are kind of annoying but for the most part they have good movies.
Some of the clock movies are great, like N, haha or orange clock saves xmas, but strawberry clock takes a dump, is pathetic, why would I wanna load 4 mgs of motion tweens of a clock, an infant monkey can motion tween,
I don't understand why people complain their motion tweens don't get five and email Wade

I agree. There are a bunch of stupid things even some of the good clocks have made. If you wade through the shit though, you can find some good movies, and that is what I judge them by; not something they obviously didn't try to make very good.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 16:53:53

im probably not the first to say it, but i think people who have made a movie that passed should be allowed to vote. i havnt made a movie yet i know, but im workin real hard on one. voting is a privelage right? then dont people need to earn the privelage?

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 17:01:06

At 1/10/03 04:53 PM, night_raider wrote: im probably not the first to say it, but i think people who have made a movie that passed should be allowed to vote. i havnt made a movie yet i know, but im workin real hard on one. voting is a privelage right? then dont people need to earn the privelage?

That may seem like a good idea, but it isn't. The bulk of newgrounds visitors can't do that. If they can't vote on a movie, they won't be so motivated to visit the site as much. Lowering the interactivity of newground to over half the population of its visitors would be bad. Of course I wouldn't mind at first, I made a movie (pretty bad but it lived).... but eventually if that progressed the traffic would screech to a halt and the profits would be too low to continue the site.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 17:02:29

If i don't like a movie, i going to vote my opinion, not what the flock of NG goers think, if it has 4.00 rating and i really don't like it, im gonna vote the way i want to, not what tom or wade tell me to. Telling people who to vote for is a dictatorship not a democracy. We should be able to see how many people have voted, not just the views. I personally vote lower than usual, but thats because i search for small file sizes and titles like "H4H4H4H4H4H4H4H4H4H4" or "it was alreadly blamd" or even "alkhalkhlayjheguyvbkagagkjhasjkash"

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 17:12:15

NG is the best website out there, every thing else wishes it was NG. Wade Fulp is cool. Tom and Wade are like saints for using time to makes movies. And there are no were close to being remotly like Sadam Hussein. I don't see Wade killing people or using them as bio weppons. Or killing his own family, or being a racist bitch like Hitler

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 17:26:25

Wade why r u giving crappy movies a chance to live?? If someone says they put tons of effort into it and it still sux than im still gonna blam it wether they spent a month on it or an hour.

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 17:32:25

At 1/10/03 04:28 PM, Mushroom_Clock wrote: THIS IS ALL THANKS TO ME!!!!!!!

I was the person that e-mailed Wade initially about this problem and I'm very glad that you listened Wade. It's a big problem. I fully support taking away ALL the experience of those that vote 0 unfairly.
You shouldn't feel bad or regret warning those people. I would rather you just take away their experience without warning them though.

lol wat a dumbass, this probably isnt because of, ur just one onf the many people that complained because there crappy movies get blammed. So it isnt really because of just U!! its probably because of a thousand losers who suck at animation that emailed wade and tom to start this.

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 18:23:53

I have to agree. giving crappy flashes a chance will just encourage more crappy flashes to be made. blamming someones movie tells them that there is something that needs to be improved in the artists style. constructive reviews help ppl learn new techniques and improve. thats how ppl learn flash. give out tips in reviews besides. this sucks, or can u spell B-L-A-M!

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 18:25:13

At 1/10/03 05:26 PM, Blam-Clock wrote: Wade why r u giving crappy movies a chance to live?? If someone says they put tons of effort into it and it still sux than im still gonna blam it wether they spent a month on it or an hour.

Die. Now. You're not even a real clock.

Go find some intelligence, then come back and insult me, which I know I can expect from you.

Please think of something a little more creative than "gay" or "fag" too, ok?

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 18:31:05

At 1/10/03 05:32 PM, Blam-Clock wrote:: : I was the person that e-mailed Wade initially about this problem and I'm very glad that you listened Wade. It's a big problem. I fully support taking away ALL the experience of those that vote 0 unfairly.

You shouldn't feel bad or regret warning those people. I would rather you just take away their experience without warning them though.
lol wat a dumbass, this probably isnt because of, ur just one onf the many people that complained because there crappy movies get blammed. So it isnt really because of just U!! its probably because of a thousand losers who suck at animation that emailed wade and tom to start this.

hey little bother of the King of the portal, yea WADE, are you listening? Are you hearing how IMPOTENT your opinion really is?
sorry if reality bites, but truth is votes equal OPINIONS... deal with it

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 18:31:20

MOst of the New stuff here is CRAP!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 18:37:19

At 1/10/03 06:31 PM, Drew_Dragon wrote: MOst of the New stuff here is CRAP!

You got that right! So if our voting habits are being tracked, How about letting us see what they are? Maybe on the gold account menu?

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 18:47:23

yeh i think its pretty sad voting 0 for no fucking chance ppl juz watch it even if they like it give it a 0, ppl actuly work to get this shit on the site and then lame fucks come on and give it a zero, its ok to give a 0 juz try 2 b honest

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:11:07

Warning people for voting 0 won't change anything. They'll still be wankers that must vote 0 on everything just so they can get a few more blam points.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:20:35

DAMMIT, CAN'T YOU GUYS GET IT?! Wade means you can't vote 0 BLINDLY!!! If an entry is total crap and is taking up space from Newgrounds, blam it!!! If it's decent, then it got effort put into it. Therefore, it shouldn't be blammed. And by decent it doesn't mean PICO'S SCHOOL decent like most blammers think. He means it can be sort of crappy but have it's qualities and effort.

Voting 0 is when a movie's like the one the main character in "TRIBUTE TO BLAMMINATORS" made. THAT deserves a 0. But BLAMMERS are voting 0 on entries which deserve 3 or even 4!!! And why do you do this? To get an extra Blam point!!! RIGHT! It's ruining someone else's hard work in these cases. But you guys seem not to get it and say the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

And one of the few who said something a little different, who said reviewing a motion picture with a 0 would be the same, didn't have a point, since reviewing a movie with a zero doesn't get it to be removed. Voting for a portal entry with a 0 does. There are other people who say "One zero doesn't matter". The problem is if everybody thinks that way, soon there will be no entries left in Newgrounds!!! There are also some smart asses who submit entries to the portal and vote 0 in every highlighted entry just so they can get in the daily top5. It happened to an entry of mine once!!! I also hate the people who vote 0 before viewing the movie just because it's made by a clock or includes Tricky or whatever. EVERYBODY MUST WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST!!! And there are no excuses for voting a 0 in everything because it's practically impossible you get to see 10 crappy entries in a row. Specially when it happens in a daily basis like in most of these blammers' case!!!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:23:13

STOP saying your shit was good work, and it got blammed...
if it was good, the majority will vote it so and it will not get blammed,
If it is truly shit then it will be blammed...So shut up.

SO WHO CARES IF PEOPLE VOTE ZERO, IT WON"T BE BLAMMED anywazs, the majority will save it. so quite your whinning

YOUR SHIT WONT get blammed if it really is decent, usually it isn't thou and everyone crys that their shit was blammed, well tough.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:26:45

At 1/10/03 07:20 PM, Katanaman wrote: DAMMIT, CAN'T YOU GUYS GET IT?!

it's practically impossible you get to see 10 crappy entries in a row. Specially when it happens in a daily basis like in most of these blammers' case!!!

I say thats bullshit, so look at yesterdays portal
120 submitted, and 117 deleted. Period.
so what, thats about probably as many as 30 or 40 in a row that were pure crap, so I guess its possible to have as many as 30 or 40 zeros, then a good movie, then 30 more blams,
Do the Math from yesteredays portal if you don't believe me.

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:29:15

This should read like this, sorry the above misqouted junk

At 1/10/03 07:20 PM, Katanaman wrote: DAMMIT, CAN'T YOU GUYS GET IT?!
it's practically impossible you get to see 10 crappy entries in a row. Specially when it happens in a daily basis like in most of these blammers' case!!!

so what, thats about probably as many as 30 or 40 in a row that were pure crap, so I guess its possible to have as many as 30 or 40 zeros, then a good movie, then 30 more blams,

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:34:17

If you come across a movie that you don't like, but you know they made an effort and others might enjoy it, vote 2! If you do like it, vote 3, 4, or 5 depending on how much you like it and how well you thought it was put together!

So if I vote only 1's, 3's, and 5's am I safe. Well I vote 0 if its a crappy stick. Should be voting 1 though huh.

Since you have the Blow the whistle option why do you need the 0 button at all. If anything is to be reported delete it. If its reported its gone, and you give people who voted on the movie/game blam points when it is deleted.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:35:20

It pisses me off that the site is trying to legislate people's opinions. I know where you're coming from, it's not nice to be a dick and give everyone a bad score, but this post asks users to vote 2 on an entry that they didn't like, even though others may like it. That's bullshit. If you don't like something there should be freedom to vote accordingly. Vote for yourself, not based on what others think. I vote zero on shit, and well on good entries. And good entries still get through, it might not be with the fairest scores, but the system is fine for weeding out the garbage.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:36:08

I saw the portal yesterday. And, quite frankly, I saw lots of entries being unfairly blammed. But, as I said, it's PRACTICALLY impossible to find 10 crappy movies in a row. I didn't say it was IMPOSSIBLE. But anyway, yesterday wasn't the case. Plus, you're just complemmenting what I said with facts. 120 and 117 deleted. That means Newgrounds users are being to harsh with their votes!!! Some stuff deserved 0 but lots of stuff didn't yet they got blammed... what does this prove? It proves Tom and Wade are right

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:36:22

What the hell? You have no right to take away experience points. People spend the time every day to go to newgrounds. If you take away experience then they'll fuck off and leave. I personally only vote 0 and 5 because of this: When there are 1000s of users that have 100x the voting power than me, voting correctly on a submission will have no effect. To even have a chance to change the score you MUST vote 0 or 5. I think the experience system is getting out of hand. Too many users have too much experience. It makes me feel like a dot in the crowd. Only those who are close friends of tom or are able to use newgrounds every day can make a difference.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:48:28

It's a good thing to see that someone is finally taking care of the bad NG users. Like once, I read a review about the movie Tao of Space, which was an excellant movie with incredible graphics, sounds, an philosophal theme. The guy gave it a zero because he said it was boring. c'mon, even if we don't like a movie, it doesn't mean it's crap. If you compares Tao of Space with the usual rainbow stickman first movie, you would rate TAo of Space a 20.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 19:50:42

On most movies, I vote 1 because a lot of them are shitty movies. 70% of movies from the portal are 1's and 2's.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 20:04:31

I totally agree. BUT, there are people out there who dont have accounts and just come to newgrounds and vote zero's! So i suggest watching non NG users too, if you can. And Have it like baseball, 3 strikes and your out!

Voting 0

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 20:18:54

At 1/9/03 09:52 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Be sure to read's Tom's post below regarding this issue. First off I want to apologize to the people I sent warnings to. Basically I watched a good submission acquire votes. I basically sent anyone who gave that movie a 0 a warning. This probably wasn't the best way to handle this situation, even though some of the people may have deserved a warning.

Here's the deal. People are using 0 and 1 far to frequently. 0 is there for one reason, a submission is stolen, offensive, malicious, or complete and utter crap that you know the submitter just threw together to submit something. It's not for "Oh, I didn't really like this, it's not my thing". That is a 2, and maybe a 1 if it's poorly done. We need people to vote more responsibly. Newgrounds need it's submitters, otherwise we wouldn't have any new content to watch! So that being said we have to respect the contributors and support them! If you come across a movie that you don't like, but you know they made an effort and others might enjoy it, vote 2! If you do like it, vote 3, 4, or 5 depending on how much you like it and how well you thought it was put together!

We will continue to monitor voters, and we will take action against those who vote blindly or unfairly for whatever reason. We are mainly concerned with NEW entries that are still under judgment. Once a movie has over 100 votes if you feel it's over or under rated than vote however, but give the people who try to make something a fighting chance! So you won't be getting any more warnings unless you are obviously abusing our system.

Hunny, I have one word for ya....FUCKOFF! The users are allowed to vote in whichever way we need to and if we need to vote 0 or 1, then so be it. O, and by the way....the server upgrade kinda sux..the site is almost as slow now as it was before....it's 8pm on a friday evening and it it is taking 3-4 minutes to get in and gee, I have a T1 connection speed. O well, I used to come on here everyday, several times a day..but it's not worth it anymore. Take your Hitler mentality and shove them tightly up your stinky hard drive. O, and have a nice day!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 20:43:21

Fuck this! This is how the world works, It's Fulps' site. Fulps' can do whatever Fulps' wants. If they want a modified democracy where you can vote as long as it's good for the people then so be it, the fulps' are looking out for the people who make this site interesting and unique. Reviewers are cheap like Thai hookers, good animators are valuable, and must not be exhausted with this unfair blamming shit.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 20:57:42

Okay I thought we lived in America, where free speech is encouraged, and your telling me to vote good because of people's effort? NO I WONT!!! People that put effort into movies but have something sick like buttraping in it will get blams, regardless of their "effort". Too many people give high ratings on these kinds of movies. Anything I believe has stupid subject matter will get 0's if they deserve em. This would be like going to the movies, and hating the entire plot of a movie, and they being told by someone to like it because the actor tried really hard to make it. Fucking whiners need to quit bitching to Tom and Wade because they're movies suck. I see things on front page that I think are crap, because they are virtually stupid, and I blam em. I wont be nice to a stupid movie because it was drawn well. If you people wanna judge by effort and what it looks like, go to a fucking art exhibit, they revolve around art and well made pictures.

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 21:14:55

Alright, I'm not voting 0 on many things now.

But after you said all this, Wade, I really think the sayings of the voting icons when you hover your mouse over them should change!

Seriously!

Response to Voting 0 2003-01-10 21:22:00

Well this isnt america its newgrounds (there is a russian edition ya know)
And they'll modify/change/improve whutever they want.
As far as findin things with buttraping or whatever thats what that whistle dealy is for.
They cant please everyone