00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 2,000 Exp Users

214,586 Views | 2,007 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-06 13:32:56

EXP update #59 is now available!

Hello all and welcome to the 59th EXP update as well as the new year with 2013. While I recently announced that I would be retiring the 2x10k hexalist update shortly, I can assure you that the EXP updates are not going anywhere soon. I feel these will continue as long as I'm still around on NG but for the hexalist, it is time to pass on the torch. For now, hopefully I make some good progress with the EXP leaderboard and will finally reach the top 100. On another note, we now have 20 level 60 users. This year shall expect to get around 30 more reaching the final level so it won't be long until the whole of the top 50 will consist of level 60 users.

NEXT UPDATE: 3rd February 2013

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-06 14:26:08

Just did a little workout for when I can expect to reach the top 100 and it looks to be sometime in August. Although the ones that still deposit make estimations harder for when I'll pass them, I have a few very close targets who will likely miss enough points for me to pass them by August. Not to make any of them feel victimised but I gotta pass whoever I can to finally reach the big goal.

At 12/9/12 05:09 PM, Coop wrote: Looks like I'm on the cusp of 90th place, as I'm within 7 deposits of iWalker and 18 of dopefish.

Well you're there now. Good job. :)

At 12/11/12 10:00 AM, Wylo wrote: Oh wow, I didn't realise I passed ramagi and at the same time, I've lost a lot of places since I last checked. That current level 60 icon really hides the aura though.

Yeah, I'm not so fond of the new level 60 icon because of how much it blocks the aura. I much prefer the old level 60 as that looked like a dominant imagery which is what you should expect from a final level thing. In any case, there's only 27 months left of levelling up for me and after that, it's only a matter of passing whoever possible. That may be a little over two years but that time won't last long.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-06 14:31:36

At 1/6/13 01:32 PM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update #59 is now available!

Thanks for the update!

160 Haggard 27,410 50 270 +1

I really like that "+1" right next to my name. As of now, the top 150 is 300 Exp away. Let's see by how much I can close that gap on the next update.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-06 14:37:12

Thanks for the first update of 2013!

At 1/6/13 02:26 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/9/12 05:09 PM, Coop wrote: Looks like I'm on the cusp of 90th place, as I'm within 7 deposits of iWalker and 18 of dopefish.
Well you're there now. Good job. :)

Yes, Dopefish has been Cooped. The bright upside of this is that I am focusing on passing all of 3 users this month - FIGMENTUM (1 deposit); iWalker (3 deposits) and (9 deposits). With the way that I appear to be closing in on quite a few users, I could have a bumper start to 2013 in terms of rank progression. I could be staring at the top 80 by my birthday, which would be a massive achievement, to pass 1 in 9 users who are currently ahead of me, by then.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-06 16:15:29

Thanks for the update.

I picked up a nice chunk of ranks this update, yet I still find myself so much lower in the exp. ranks than I really should be. Nobody to blame but myself; just gotta be good about depositing everyday.

Totally off topic, but is Wylo still updating the top vp list, or what?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-07 02:28:57

At 1/6/13 04:15 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Totally off topic, but is Wylo still updating the top vp list, or what?

I don't think he's updating it regularly anymore. But if you ask him he'll make/post another update.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-07 13:07:45

At 1/6/13 02:31 PM, Haggard wrote: I really like that "+1" right next to my name. As of now, the top 150 is 300 Exp away. Let's see by how much I can close that gap on the next update.

Hopefully you can look at the top 150 well before I reach the top 100. The gap between me and the top 100 is a little over 700 EXP so that's an even bigger gap to close.

At 1/7/13 02:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 1/6/13 04:15 PM, Metal-Therapy wrote: Totally off topic, but is Wylo still updating the top vp list, or what?
I don't think he's updating it regularly anymore. But if you ask him he'll make/post another update.

To me, it's once in a blue moon. I suppose asking now wouldn't hurt seeing as the last VP update was 5 months back.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-07 20:38:01

140 | Auz | 28,540 | 280 | +1 | 99.30%

+1? Not bad. Every rank up is appreciated at this point. It looks like I've nearly passed XwaynecoltX as well, which is pretty nice.

Thanks for the update Bahamut!

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-01-07 23:57:02

thanks for the update bahamut. It seems I have finally not only made it into the top 400, but I also passed all of those dead alts that have been on the list for I don't know how long. Though it sadden's me that I won't be passing people as much due to there being less and less active people to pass it should still be fun.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-01 19:03:28

Just for the record, the writer aura IS included for the next update. It will be nice to see the aura finally in use since its introduction the other day. I only wonder how many will actually appear with the turquoise aura.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-02 09:10:57

At 2/1/13 07:03 PM, Bahamut wrote: I only wonder how many will actually appear with the turquoise aura.

I changed my aura to Writer, just for this update. :P

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-03 10:40:59

EXP update #60 is now available!

Hello all and welcome to the 60th EXP update. Sixty updates is a great milestone for the EXP updates as there's now as many EXP updates as there are levels on Newgrounds. For a 60th update, the staff timed their introduction of writing auras really well. Now the aura set is complete, although since it was only added on Thursday, only a few of us actually show the turquoise aura right now including an alt of mine... Hey, I did reviews which is a form of WRITING. :P

NEXT UPDATE: 3rd March 2013

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-03 13:39:02

At 2/3/13 10:40 AM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update #60 is now available!

Thanks for the update.

I picked up another 50+ ranks this time around and a level-up is just around the corner, not bad. Nothing to it but to keep slowly inching my way closer to the top 1,000...

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-03 13:59:44

Good grief, you pulled stats before I'd deposited this morning. For shame!

Anyway, thanks for the update.

Yes, I have Cooped MPA, FIGMENTUM and iWalker, moving up to #87 in the process. While I will spend the month hopefully catching and Cooping MrTrivia (9 deposits) and closing the gap on cristoff (30), Myst (41) and DaFreak (50), I would think that my ascension to 85th will have to wait until the April update, just in time for my 30th Birthday!

That is of course unless some people like Inertius want to miss three deposits in quick succession...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-03 14:12:54

Thanks for the update! Don't recall viewing this list before, so it's about time. Looks like I'm moving up in the world, +5. Slowly but steadily... creeping toward... spot #337. Long way to go...

Congrats FuSiOn-3D, iamnone & deckheadtottie!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-04 07:20:39

139 | Auz | 28,820 | 280 | +1

One rank up and I passed XwaynecoltX no less. It's surprising to see the guy miss so many deposits. I know he still pops up regularly, so you'd think he at least deposits every day just out of habit. Oh well, I'm another step closer to the top 100 which is sweet.

Thanks for the update Bahamut! And congrats on the 60 updates milestone. It's a cool number.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-05 04:18:16

Thanks for the update!

158 Haggard 27,690 50 280 +2 68.24% 12/25/01

+2 is nice. It's also nice that I currently am the level 50 user with the second most experience (ScottTowels is the user with the most exp for Level 50). So, only a few more days until I level up.

Also, I think I'll keep the Writer aura for a while. I haven't seen any other user around me with that aura.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-05 12:34:24

just checked I am at rank 829! jeez I keep this up I will be a top 500 in no time.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-06 19:49:59

This is something every user who checks this site on a daily basis should read. A recent idea has popped up in the NG news threads, particularly with this post to suggest bonus EXP for participating in the monthly voting. While I imagine some can be irked over getting EXP from ways other than the daily deposits and the bonus EXP from initial sign up, this is actually the least horrible IDEA I've heard out of everything so far and already Tom Fulp and others have shown interest in this. Although I'm still on the fence about this but I feel the way every user who is eligible for monthly voting will get 50 additional EXP for each month is at least balanced since almost everyone (well, just the top 10,000 active users but that's TONS that can get the opportunity) will have this chance.

Again, I understand that this idea may irk some so if you are not fond of this idea, I recommend either making a comment in the latest news post or sending a message to Tom Fulp explaining why this idea isn't so grand. OR, maybe I can even get Tom to check this thread if enough discussion arises here.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-07 02:38:40

At 2/6/13 07:49 PM, Bahamut wrote: This is something every user who checks this site on a daily basis should read. A recent idea has popped up in the NG news threads, particularly with this post to suggest bonus EXP for participating in the monthly voting.

I can see the benefits of this bonus EXP. First of all: Actually MORE people would cast a vote in the monthly voting, which means more exposure for the submissions you can vote on.
Also, it would give me a reason to cast my votes. I haven't done so in quite some time.

But it also would be unfair for users who cannot vote in the monthly voting. Because... well, they cannot get the bonus EXP.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-07 04:56:14

At 2/7/13 02:38 AM, Haggard wrote: But it also would be unfair for users who cannot vote in the monthly voting. Because... well, they cannot get the bonus EXP.

also i can see "just click on the first 10 i see and vote" rather then "i will pick the best 10"

because (I just want the exp and don't really care about the top ten) attitude may arise and nudge votes off.

for example take the map voting system on tf2, you need to vote but don't care which map... people will spam the first one and so the majority of votes will always be first first one...

but on the other hand, unless its announced loudly, a lot of people wouldn't know about that extra x exp points... so the people who already have a lot of exp and know about it... will just keep increasing that exp gap difference...

i do however feel that the monthly voting should be easier to notice, maybe a "recent notification" to remind you.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-07 06:51:11

At 2/6/13 07:49 PM, Bahamut wrote: A recent idea has popped up in the NG news threads, particularly with this post to suggest bonus EXP for participating in the monthly voting.

I really don't know how I feel about it. One of the best things about the EXP system is that there is only one way to improve your EXP level, and every member gets a daily shot at the 10 pts. I know about the ancient way to earn extra points, but that was 10+ years ago. If there ever was a change to the exp earning system, I would've probably stopped depositing in my less active years. Having said that, if there ever was a decent suggestion for earning extra EXP, it's this one. It's like a bonus for consistent depositing, and I can get on board with that one. I don't think it's THAT unfair if people can't do the monthly vote because they missed some deposits, it's their own responsibility. If a new user registers today and deposits for, lets say, 50 days, would he already be eligible for the monthly vote? If yes, I'm okay with the idea. If not, I'd rather keep the system the way it is.

At 2/7/13 04:56 AM, LegolaSS wrote: also i can see "just click on the first 10 i see and vote" rather then "i will pick the best 10"

Ugh. If you visit a website 31 days straight to watch at least 5 movies/games a day, you should be able to pick some decent candidates. You probably have a point though. I vote every month, but 98% of my votes go to medal games, because I've played them from start to finish. I haven't watched/played most of the other submissions.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-07 14:32:50

At 2/7/13 04:56 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i do however feel that the monthly voting should be easier to notice, maybe a "recent notification" to remind you.

From what I've heard, they're going to make it a notification via PM.

At 2/7/13 06:51 AM, Nijsse wrote: Ugh. If you visit a website 31 days straight to watch at least 5 movies/games a day, you should be able to pick some decent candidates. You probably have a point though. I vote every month, but 98% of my votes go to medal games, because I've played them from start to finish. I haven't watched/played most of the other submissions.

This bonus exp. incentive can (and probably will) be abused, just like any other stat here. Lets just hope most users take the time to look through the submissions (which are all organized and displayed neatly for your viewing pleasure) and take pride in the votes they cast. I spend enough time in the Portal to have an idea of what my top 2 or 3 will be, before I get to voting, though always take second look as there always seems to be a few that I forget about. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-07 17:41:43

At 2/6/13 07:49 PM, Bahamut wrote: to suggest bonus EXP for participating in the monthly voting.

I'm okay with the idea, but I think we should make some changes to the monthly voting pool as well if we're going to do this. Of course it wouldn't be fair if everyone outside the top 10,000 doesn't have access to this bonus. In theory, you might get an unfair gap between an elite group of 10,000 who'll always stay on top and an under layer of low experience users who never have a chance of climbing up anymore. I don't think we'll see that much of this in practice, but still...

I would suggest broadening the monthly voting pool to everyone who had a 100% (or 95% or whatever) deposit rate for the month. That way, everyone has a fair shot at obtaining the bonus and daily participation on the site gets rewarded.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-07 23:10:12

Thanks for the update Bahamut!

picked up 1 spot in the past month, which is nice, especially considering the fact that I haven't been that consistent with the depositing as i've been really busy lately.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-09 09:30:04

heres the idea you daily deposit 14 times a month (vote 5 times everyday for 14 days) then you get access to the monthly voting then you vote for your submissions then you get the X amount of Bonus EXP ( this ensures that people are active and there is less of a chance of people using alts to rig monthly submissions) its a fair Idea that I think would work well.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-10 11:02:20

At 2/9/13 09:30 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: ( this ensures that people are active and there is less of a chance of people using alts to rig monthly submissions)

I don't think that there's any worry about people rigging these votes, as there is no monetary reward (nor even something marked on the submission) for something like this, it's just a bit of fun.

Sorry, I just don't follow awarding bonus EXP for it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-02-13 01:35:46

I agree with LegolaSS. I don't have time to play a bunch of games and movies these days. Even when I was more active I looked at the monthly voting and didn't recognize half the entries. I don't feel qualified to vote unless I'm familiar with every entry, and I really don't have time for that. As long as everyone receives an obvious notification about it (for the record, it took me several days to notice I had new PMs once), then at least that part's fair so that everyone knows it's available, but I have to admit I wouldn't be voting based on merit. There's also the concern of increasing an already large experience gap (newer users -- perhaps they only just reached the age requirement or only heard about the site recently -- are at quite a disadvantage compared to people who have been here for a decade), though I don't recall how the voting pool works.

Anyway, thanks for the update. My deposit rate has gone up 10% since this time two years ago, so that's cool. Can never make up for all the time I stopped depositing though. :/

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-03-03 11:32:35

EXP update #61 is now available!

Hello all and welcome to the 61st EXP update. I may be done with the hexalist updates but rest assured that the EXP updates will stay where they are with me for the time being!

NEXT UPDATE: 31st March 2013 (Easter it is!)

Response to Top 2,000 Exp Users 2013-03-03 11:55:56

At 3/3/13 11:32 AM, Bahamut wrote: EXP update #61 is now available!

Hello all and welcome to the 61st EXP update. I may be done with the hexalist updates but rest assured that the EXP updates will stay where they are with me for the time being!

Nice to hear. I won't have to feel guilty for not taking over other lists as well :P.
290 exp this month so that's perfect. This won't be the case in a month or two when I'll be away. Ah well, I climbed over 50 ranks this month so it's okay.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature