00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

graph-itewarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,018,753 Views | 60,835 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 23:03:09

At 2/15/08 10:24 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 2/15/08 09:37 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 2/15/08 09:23 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Newgrounds has reached a point where the most stupid, idiotic, pointless flash passes with a 2+ score.
At least that shit isn't a freaking 10MB blank screen. He's been posting at WTF Kitty Krew in Wi/Ht these last two days, and last night he said something about a 10MB blank screen... I bet he was thinking of it then.
I saw that 10MB blank screen, although I don't think it's blank. The filesize is very big and I don't think there is a pre-loader, so there'll be a white screen for about 10 minutes.

Nope. Suaron put it on just to be a blank screen... It's the oldest trick in the infamous book: put half a dozen MP3 files set to Event on the frame after the blank screen to drive up the filesize, as this will both increase the chances of it passing and the amount that it will piss off Wade. Not that I think Suaron wants to piss off Wade, but still.

I'm getting very mad with the Lucky Morons Crew (formely knows as L7C). My opinion on them: KK of the future.
Try "KK Front Group", and you'll hit nearer the mark. Most of the Kitties got too lazy to submit, so BFK invaded a newly-forming group and basically made them a puppet of his own crew. And as long as yoshi77777 gets the free +1 Flash Counts, he's happy. There's statwhores and statwhores, as I say, and yoshi77777 is most definitely the second type: doesn't give a damn about anything on Newgrounds except numbers. And most of his group, hell, most 07 users other than me and some others, are the same way.
The KK splited, I think. Before there were about 5 KK submissions a day. Today, that's weekly. Now every "spammer" co-authors with other spammers, so it's like a huge crew (although I've never seen Fleek being co-authored wiht BFK).

And I don't get why yoshi77's wants to have so many Flashes here. I couldn't find a single worth-watching Flash of his, and that will make him unpopular.

Unpopular with intelligent users, with the people who want to protect the Portal, definitely. But these modern statwhores judge each other not by artistic or post quality, but by numbers. He's not trying for Daily Feature, he's trying to impress his buddies in L7C and TTA!

However, there are lots of "save-whores" that blindly vote 5 on everything by someone with more than 50 submissions. They probably think like this: "if this guy has lots of submissions, then he must be a good artist".

Nah. They just know each other's minds. And they all think "How would I feel if my shitty Flash Count +1 submission got blammed? Bad, because that's missed stats! So I'll protect this guy's shitty Flash Count +1 submission, as will the rest of us, for free saves!"
Oh, wait, he just made more!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 5386

His crew is quite big and some have a strong voting power. However, we are stronger.

And don't forget, the EGB has allies. The Department of Defense is active constantly, the Police Headquarters is planning to rebuild, and there are others too who protect the Portal without a club behind them.

Oh, and I caught a submission that totally smells stolen.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 5383
Anyone got a source?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 00:47:04

At 2/15/08 11:03 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Oh, and I caught a submission that totally smells stolen.
Anyone got a source?

It was stolen---ladies and gentlemen, we have a fileswap. Reminds me of the days of the Barney Bunch, in fact.

I'll report it to Wade.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 00:54:27

At 2/15/08 11:03 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Oh, and I caught a submission that totally smells stolen.
Anyone got a source?

No kidding! From the way the "author" responded NG users' reviews, (including mine) he is apparently to childish and ignorant to make a quality flash. If memory serves me right, I saw the original flash on newgrounds a few weeks ago, (the owl in the beginning looks awfully familiar...) but I have trouble finding the link though. The best way is to inform Wade about it, I am positive that he will find enough evidence to prove that the movie is indeed stolen and ban the "thief" for good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 01:36:41

At 2/15/08 11:03 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:

Oh, and I caught a submission that totally smells stolen.
Anyone got a source?

if it was stolen that isn't the issue now. the movie has been fileswapped into some stupid crap movie. I didn't see it myself but from what you guys are saying I can honestly say it had to be stolen I haven't seen something like that since the BB days (though I still miss some of thier funny flash)

On a side note how was everyone's day? mine was ok until I got hounded again for getting too much time when they know it isn't my fault. well have a good evening soliders boys and girls.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 03:59:30

has anyone noticed that no one is actually foling one of te rules act like you are in the army

(\__/) This is Bunny. come to my userpage

(O.o)click my sig for speacial suprise I HOPE YUO LIKE IT

(> < )

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 04:03:24

At 2/16/08 03:59 AM, samsam72 wrote: has anyone noticed that no one is actually foling one of te rules act like you are in the army

Has anyone noticed that, over the course of 860 pages and two years, clubs tend to change a little?

lolsrsly.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 10:17:50

Oh, Jesus...

Ice Cube does Pokemon, too?

Well, it's new to the portal. I personally hope it dies before the end.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 10:19:33

At 2/16/08 10:17 AM, RSQViper wrote:

By this I meant the name setup being like Afro_Stud's (who, for the record, also sucks).

Except in this one after the intro it's just a dolphin GIF.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 10:21:58

At 2/16/08 10:17 AM, RSQViper wrote: Oh, Jesus...

Well, it's new to the portal. I personally hope it dies before the end.

Yea there has been a whole lot of spin off's lately.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 11:03:55

At 2/16/08 10:21 AM, lilhunter03 wrote: Yea there has been a whole lot of spin off's lately.

Yeah, I noticed all the spin-offs and the talks about it here and even other threads.

I don't think people realize that when they allow spam Flash like Afro_Stud's to pass, it opens up things like what's happening now.

Yeah, they a spin-offs and suck, but so does the original yet people still turn a blind eye to it.

Reap what you sew, you +1 Protect fuckers that allowed this to happen. I always 0 that crap and I'd rather not get a Protect Point from shit rather than be a sheep like so many people have become here on NG.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 11:06:34

At 2/16/08 03:59 AM, samsam72 wrote: has anyone noticed that no one is actually foling one of te rules act like you are in the army

Found one

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 13:21:05

At 2/16/08 11:03 AM, RSQViper wrote: Reap what you sew, you +1 Protect fuckers that allowed this to happen. I always 0 that crap and I'd rather not get a Protect Point from shit rather than be a sheep like so many people have become here on NG.

I want blams... :'(

I really do

Y no hay modo que las consiga... diablos
At 2/16/08 11:06 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
Found one

lol... yes, there still a few...
but... is kind of difficult to mantain.. because... when you post is for everyone... some are in a higher rank than you, some a lower... so.. you dwon't post
"sir I found..." or "sir I did..." because you want everyone to read it

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 19:44:12

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Hello all barracks members. This is your barracks roster maker Sterockicy here. Just making a quick post to assure you that the barracks roster update WILL be made and posted this Tuesday. I know I stated that I would make it last week (and I didn't) but I had work and well, after a hard day at school the last thing I want to do before work is an update. This Tuesday I don't have work so I will get one done for you all.

Be patient and don't start mass murdering random people out of anger and frustration in a hope that it will somehow make an update happen.

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 19:50:33

At 2/16/08 07:44 PM, Sterockicy wrote:

This is your barracks roster maker Sterockicy here. Just making a quick post to assure you that the barracks roster update WILL be made and posted this Tuesday. I know I stated that I would make it last week (and I didn't) but I had work and well, after a hard day at school the last thing I want to do before work is an update. This Tuesday I don't have work so I will get one done for you all.
I've been wondering what happened.

Be patient and don't start mass murdering random people out of anger and frustration in a hope that it will somehow make an update happen.

Too late.

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 21:01:33

At 2/16/08 11:03 AM, RSQViper wrote: Yeah, they a spin-offs and suck, but so does the original yet people still turn a blind eye to it.

Although the original one is less-worse that the spin-offs. The Tom Fulp one, for example, isn't even Photoshoped, it uses MsPaint!

Reap what you sew, you +1 Protect fuckers that allowed this to happen. I always 0 that crap and I'd rather not get a Protect Point from shit rather than be a sheep like so many people have become here on NG.

I vote zero on the spin-offs always. They're basicaly a copy from the original one, which isn't that great, but sometimes they're pass-worth. And the spin-offs are way crappier than the original "series", SoulMaster71 did a comparation of each of them a few pages ago.

At 2/16/08 01:21 PM, aldlv wrote: I want blams... :'(

I really do

I want some too, and I'm starting to get more. I changed my voting-habit, before I could vote 2+ on a stick fight and I never voted 1 on anything. I started looking deeper on the submissions, on the author comments and on the 1 vote.

E não ha modo que às consiga... diabos.
And there is no way that I can get them... damn.

At 2/16/08 07:44 PM, Sterockicy wrote: IMPORTANT NOTE:

Hello all barracks members. This is your barracks roster maker Sterockicy here. Just making a quick post to assure you that the barracks roster update WILL be made and posted this Tuesday.

Ok then. I got quite some B/P this week and I'm close one becoming a Staff Sergeant. And then a Master Sergeant. And then a... AHHH, so many Sergeant levels! NEVR was right about this!

I guess no one will do this, right?

At 2/16/08 07:50 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: Too late.

Oh shi...

*Salutes*
*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 21:06:12

I liek the orignal one by Afro_Stud, it dosn't annoy be like the others. It was pretty cool to start with but then it got totally out of hand. Keep the original for me. But out with the other, for me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-16 22:13:12

At 2/16/08 09:01 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 2/16/08 11:03 AM, RSQViper wrote: Yeah, they a spin-offs and suck, but so does the original yet people still turn a blind eye to it.
Although the original one is less-worse that the spin-offs. The Tom Fulp one, for example, isn't even Photoshoped, it uses MsPaint!

The Ice Cube one doesn't even MS Paint...

I vote zero on the spin-offs always. They're basicaly a copy from the original one, which isn't that great, but sometimes they're pass-worth. And the spin-offs are way crappier than the original "series", SoulMaster71 did a comparation of each of them a few pages ago.

Not quite all of them. I left out Elite-Sniper's Stalin-based series about freeing the Pokémon that Hitler caught, and the Chairman Mao-based series about killing all the Pokémon that Stalin freed. And since then, MilfredmousZX, Fleek, and Morgan Freeman have all gained spinoffs of their own. Probably the only one that's any good is the one-off by Bahamut, more because it has animation and a plot than anything else, and therefore is not so much a spinoff of the original series as a tribute movie.

I really do
I want some too, and I'm starting to get more. I changed my voting-habit, before I could vote 2+ on a stick fight and I never voted 1 on anything. I started looking deeper on the submissions, on the author comments and on the 1 vote.

The 1 must be the least-used vote on the bar. I rarely, if ever, use it... But still, yeah, there are far too few Blams in the Portal now. Kids in middle school come to NG, and they don't care about the Portal or about quality Flash, just about the points. They are just as likely to vote 5 on a 10MB blank screen as on the next Waterlollies...

*Salutes*
*Salutes*
*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 02:13:33

I have readed your note Stero. You don't have to bother too much about all the rosters stuff. We know you have other things to do :)

At 2/16/08 10:13 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 2/16/08 09:01 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 2/16/08 11:03 AM, RSQViper wrote:
*Salutes*
*Salutes*
*Salutes*
*Salutes*

*Salutes*

sorry for that :P

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 02:54:23

Id like to get more blam points, but it seems like the submitters smartened up and either stopped posting shit movies or joined a crew to protect their shit movies.

I miss the old school days when only extremely good (by todays standards of ng flicks) ones were passed and even the mediocre stuff was blammed back to the stone age.

*Sigh* its gonna take forever to get my blams to the holy grail of 15,000 (I want to get my b/p to an even 30,000... 15k for b and 15k for p).

I wish the shit authors would either post more spams or theyd stop having so many fucking crews to protect their sorry movies. I mean damn, Im in the KITTY KREW for gods sake and no offense to my brethren, but I at least TRY to make my submissions semi-entertaining, I cant stand even when my own crew submits 2 looped frame garbage.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 07:02:33

At 2/17/08 02:54 AM, PantyWipe wrote: Id like to get more blam points, but it seems like the submitters smartened up and either stopped posting shit movies or joined a crew to protect their shit movies.

I miss the old school days when only extremely good (by todays standards of ng flicks) ones were passed and even the mediocre stuff was blammed back to the stone age.

*Sigh* its gonna take forever to get my blams to the holy grail of 15,000 (I want to get my b/p to an even 30,000... 15k for b and 15k for p).

I wish the shit authors would either post more spams or theyd stop having so many fucking crews to protect their sorry movies. I mean damn, Im in the KITTY KREW for gods sake and no offense to my brethren, but I at least TRY to make my submissions semi-entertaining, I cant stand even when my own crew submits 2 looped frame garbage.

I see this a lot with many of these spam groups. There are always a few people in the group who can make decent flash (If they all can only some choose to submit good stuff) while the rest submit garbage. It has been like this with the SS, BB, and also the CC (yes even the clock crew has submitted some spam flash movires) The problem is that even thougth you know it is spam the standards for th portal have went far too low. Now it seems anything get protected due to "Most" statwhores who vote 2-5 for the protect point.

Like you I also remember when the portal had higher standards and if it was back in 2005 a lot of this stuff would have been blammed But ever since they changed the portal checkpoints everything went to bad to worse.But what can we do other then vote the way we feel about a flash and move on?

On a side note how was even one's evening?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 07:20:43

At 2/16/08 07:44 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Be patient and don't start mass murdering random people out of anger and frustration in a hope that it will somehow make an update happen.

What? *lowers submachine gun* Oh, alright then...

At 2/17/08 07:02 AM, LittleWashu wrote: On a side note how was even one's evening?

I won my Poker game, so I'm happy.

:::Salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 09:10:37

At 2/16/08 07:44 PM, Sterockicy wrote: IMPORTANT NOTE:

sure... don't worry sir...
we know that is not possible to be always in time
we will be waiting... in a very patient mood (i'm not sure if what I just said have sense... lol)

I really do

E não ha modo que às consiga... diabos.
And there is no way that I can get them... damn.

that's way I love your post Sergeant Sir-Nuts... XD

At 2/17/08 02:54 AM, PantyWipe wrote: I wish the shit authors would either post more spams or theyd stop having so many fucking crews to protect their sorry movies. I mean damn, Im in the KITTY KREW for gods sake and no offense to my brethren, but I at least TRY to make my submissions semi-entertaining, I cant stand even when my own crew submits 2 looped frame garbage.

yeah... the KK is getting so bad ppl now... (I mean... not you)
maybe you should encourage them to stop doing it...
(but I don't think they will listen)

At 2/17/08 07:02 AM, LittleWashu wrote: On a side note how was even one's evening?

evening.. well it's 8 am right know..
but yesterday was really fine, I went to a friend house...
we drink a little...
then we started playing games... like twister (and there where 3 girls & 3 boys)... so was really cool
was a good night

well... this is like a super big post... XD

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 13:52:01

Man, it's rather quiet in here today. Almost too quiet...

:::Salutes at nobody in particular:::

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 13:56:17

At 2/17/08 02:54 AM, PantyWipe wrote: Id like to get more blam points, but it seems like the submitters smartened up and either stopped posting shit movies or joined a crew to protect their shit movies.

You're a Kitty, you know it's not CRMV! Only the Clock Crew ever has enough members on at one time to affect the total score by .2 or more, if what some of the KK tells me is true. The other spam crews rely on protect whores to pass their shitty movies.

Maybe some of the mediocre stuff shouldn't just be blammed on contact, much of it is from young artists with little talent who actually tried... But the obvious spam, which is what should be blammed, is passed, due to little 11-year-old idiots running around and getting saves, and allowing spammers to take up server space and bandwidth with 8MB single-frame movies. They are traitors to Newgrounds, more so than any spammer, and almost as much as the Flash thieves.

You and Kottbullar, and sometimes 50vmp (though he can get pretty lazy at times), try. But the rest of the KK, no offense, have either succumbed to an extreme case of lazyitis, or like LordZeebmork just want to abuse and exploit NG... And as far as them being either non-spammers or crew-protected, look at Fleek, he's got no crew behind him, and he always gets passed! So it's not that there's less spam, it's that people are too lenient of it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 15:21:55

At 2/16/08 10:13 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: The 1 must be the least-used vote on the bar. I rarely, if ever, use it... But still, yeah, there are far too few Blams in the Portal now.

The things that don't get through the portal don't get through because people don't actually put any effort into the flashes that get blammed because they know that some idiotic retard votes 5. :'(

*Salutes*
*Salutes*
*Salutes*
*Salutes*

*Salutes*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 15:47:25

I am now a Praporshchik. It is such a pretty badge.

The Elite Guard Barracks

Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 15:58:03

At 2/17/08 03:47 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: I am now a Praporshchik. It is such a pretty badge.

Congratulations, Praporshchik. I remember how good it felt to reach the gold badges. I myself am venturing closer to becoming a Major - I'm now within 1,000 points of it. After that it's onto Colonel, and the 2,000 point gaps!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 16:01:14

At 2/17/08 03:47 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: I am now a Praporshchik. It is such a pretty badge.

Congratulations Praporshchik lilhunter03 SIR!
*salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 16:17:02

Gratz on that. I really can't wait 'till I get ma' golden ones. But I suppose I've sorte of got a long way behind on the way my sign-up date collides with my B/P because I didn't really do anything on NG for a while becase I didn't know what to do. >_<

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-17 18:48:32

Sorry I haven't been around, I've been playing my Orange Box since I got it Friday, and since I'm going away on Tuesday, I felt that I should get some hours into it.

Beat Portal; great game, albeit short, but great none the less. Would have liked to see it be a little harder, but I'm not complaining. Also, great ending.