00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coolgamer2000s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,980,520 Views | 60,579 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 04:29:44

At 1/8/08 04:17 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
btw... we won't allow any cocksucking on the EGB, even for a level 43 image icon. Those of you who are concerned will recognize themselves, thanks you, goodnight.

Someone slept through most of the 840-odd pages before this, I think, heh.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 06:32:15

At 1/7/08 10:28 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Barracks roster - January 8, 2008

Thanks Stero!!!

I don't believe it, I have nothing to say, what's going on?

I think you're on drugs!!!!

Top 5 Gainers:
PenguinLink - 576
aldlv - 411
AnalPenguinFarming - 395
bifgis - 374
Seamonky - 316

Grats guys, was 2 points off this, god dammit, my own fault really!!

Top gainers, repeat offenders: PenguinLink (3), bifgis (3), Seamonky (3), aldlv (2)!

Congrats, you consistent bastards :P

New to the list: PantyWipe, Idiot-Finder!

Welcome

Returning to the list: DarkSoldier!

Woo, a returnee, when I read the list, I though it meant retired, but silly me

Top 3 biggest average rises: RSQViper + 40.1, SilentSoldier + 37.4, Sterockicy + 21.3!

Congrats, and god dammit Stero, you're suppose to have a low B/P average, so I can over take you!!

Random word: Dodecahedron!

Random Response: Chiliagon!

17 // 17848 // 297 // 42.4 // 21.3+ // Sterockicy
18 // 17735 // 314 // 44.9 // 02.2- // Shanus

Noone near us for miles, and as our holiday are nearly over and we're in the same position we were in the beginning, ah well

*SaLUTES*

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 08:32:33

At 1/6/08 02:48 PM, aldlv wrote: today is the first time ever I GOT MORE BLAMS THAN SAVES...

Wow, that was about my account from its inception to mid-2006

At 1/7/08 06:54 PM, iWalker wrote: this is the ghost of newgrounds past saying hello

dickens pun? what dickens pun?

Wow, there's a user that I'm trying to track down for Blams. Only about 9k to go :P

At 1/7/08 08:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I would suck so much dick to have that level icon.

You'd suck so much dick to get up one level :P

At 1/7/08 10:28 PM, Sterockicy wrote: Random word: Dodecahedron!

Ah, the humble d20. Dungeons & Dragons FTW!

Rank // Total B/P points // Gain // Gain/day // Gain rise/drop // Name
07 // 35086 // 085 // 12.1 // 04.4- // pwroftheseagoat
08 // 34549 // 290 // 41.4 // 01.9- // Coop83

Another decent update, thanks Stero. I'm making ground up on another who spoiled my chances of reaching the 1st 100 Supreme Commanders.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 09:47:15

Hey groovy, I just noticed yesterday I got promoted to a Master Sergeant.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 10:09:00

At 1/8/08 09:47 AM, PantyWipe wrote: Hey groovy, I just noticed yesterday I got promoted to a Master Sergeant.

Awesome, man. Congrats on the rank up. I'm actually nearing that goal, myself.

Oh, and since I forgot earlier, welcome to the barracks!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 10:56:43

At 1/8/08 10:09 AM, RSQViper wrote: Awesome, man. Congrats on the rank up. I'm actually nearing that goal, myself.

Oh, and since I forgot earlier, welcome to the barracks!

Thank you! Glad to be here with other groovy statwhores, btw :-D

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 18:06:53

Thanks for the update Sterockicy! I like the progress I am making, but I am so determined to make it on the Top 5 Gainers list!

My tax dollars go to pay for a war that I and most of America dont even want. Yet I can't even afford Health insurance for my family. Hmmm..... Sig Pic by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 18:38:07

The portal's been pretty slow for the past few days, may be on for a long week.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-08 19:51:23

At 1/8/08 06:06 PM, SilentSoldier wrote: Thanks for the update Sterockicy! I like the progress I am making, but I am so determined to make it on the Top 5 Gainers list!

I think you need at least 50+ B/P per day
so... good luck on that... because.. is not that hard

BTW... guys.. this is my last week in the top gainers list
I start the University this Thursday

wish me luck

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-09 00:09:55

At 1/8/08 07:51 PM, aldlv wrote:
At 1/8/08 06:06 PM, SilentSoldier wrote: Thanks for the update Sterockicy! I like the progress I am making, but I am so determined to make it on the Top 5 Gainers list!

wish me luck

I, most of all, wish you out of the top gainers list :P

Nah, just kidding, it's not like if I was actually working on getting on the top 5 gainers :P

I also which to know if any of you guys have a PS3, cause TheThing and I have been playing Motorstorm a little today, and it would be nice if some of you could race with us.
I can't remember the score still, I think I won 3 races and your also won something like 3 races rigjt ?
AND YOU HAVE BEATEN ME ON ROCKHOPPER >:(

Also, should we play with the increased turbo power (I don't know the real name in english :P) ??

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-09 02:33:06

At 1/8/08 07:51 PM, aldlv wrote:

wish me luck

Well with school, girlfriend, and homework, that's sort of difficult lol. Anyways which University are you going to attend?

My tax dollars go to pay for a war that I and most of America dont even want. Yet I can't even afford Health insurance for my family. Hmmm..... Sig Pic by madknt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-09 08:52:59

At 1/9/08 02:33 AM, SilentSoldier wrote: Well with school, girlfriend, and homework, that's sort of difficult lol.

Rubbish!

I've actually managed to increase my B/P output since getting a stable job and a girlfriend. Go figure.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-09 10:59:33

I'm quite annoyed at the portal, or specifically my time zone. Everyday, no matter what time I go on there never seems to be more than 12 submissions, unless I stay up till like 2 in the morning, then I hit the peak american time. Well waht really pissed me off was I was struggling for points all day yeasterday, and managed a small 66 for the amount of time I was online, then I look at how many monies and games were submitted yesterday and I find it was like 260, Shanus is not a happy bunny....

Well I thought I'd vent my anger somehow, though none of you probably care. Anyway back to the portal :D

*SALUTES*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-09 11:18:07

At 1/9/08 12:09 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: I, most of all, wish you out of the top gainers list :P

I can feel the love dude... XD

At 1/9/08 02:33 AM, SilentSoldier wrote: Anyways which University are you going to attend?

You have never heard about it... & I mean never...
just check my country

is the second one there

nothing too awesome... right?

At 1/9/08 08:52 AM, Coop83 wrote: Rubbish!

I've actually managed to increase my B/P output since getting a stable job and a girlfriend. Go figure.

You are so lucky, sir...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 00:26:14

At 1/9/08 10:59 AM, Shanus wrote:
Well I thought I'd vent my anger somehow, though none of you probably care. Anyway back to the portal :D

I care Shanus.....I care.

You know we live in completely different time zones and I'm finding it very similar. For me to get the quick rush of submissions I have to wake up at some time around 7am, I have no idea when the flood actually starts but I am not going to get up any earlier than that, thats for sure. For the last week I have been setting my alarm for 7:30am but for some reason I am sleeping through it every single time. I wake up at 9 and there are usually only 5 - 6 UJ submissions. Your 11 hours behind my time so we pretty much are the opposite and since I ain't seeing many UJ's and you aren't either, WTF WTF WTF????

Do you live near Dublin?

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 00:30:04

Well, after a great update for me stat-wise, looks like the next update wills ay something like "RSQViper Average Gain/loss -30.

Oh, well. Work is work and I'm back.

I was actually starting to go a little stir-crazy in the house, though so in a way it's nice to be back.

I got a little, teensy bit of B/P in today, though so that's good.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 00:35:20

Hey everybody! Well i guess i am going to have to go back and check the new rankings and thanks for that Stero. So i guess i am back on my way back to the portal cause i got some catching up to do.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 08:55:18

At 1/10/08 12:26 AM, Sterockicy wrote: I care Shanus.....I care.

Lol Thanks

You know we live in completely different time zones and I'm finding it very similar. For me to get the quick rush of submissions I have to wake up at some time around 7am, I have no idea when the flood actually starts but I am not going to get up any earlier than that, thats for sure. For the last week I have been setting my alarm for 7:30am but for some reason I am sleeping through it every single time. I wake up at 9 and there are usually only 5 - 6 UJ submissions. Your 11 hours behind my time so we pretty much are the opposite and since I ain't seeing many UJ's and you aren't either, WTF WTF WTF????

Yeah I know, if I stay up till about 1 there's a flood, then there's one at like 3, but I'm never awake. SO that's 8 & 10 at nite for america, so it makes sense. I don't know I use to be able to get like 55-100 every day if I had nothing to do, now it's difficult to make 50. But I do get up at 12 usually cause I'm a lazy fuck, but anyway. Maybe because the european schools are back that's the reason for the slow progress, don't know whats up with yours...

Do you live near Dublin?

Well in taking into account all of Ireland, I don't but as most of the people in the Barracks live in large countries, it's about 50 miles, or 80 KM, or whatever the conversion is. And I do live there when I'm in college. Now why did you need to know that?? :P

*SALUTES*

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 20:51:57

Wow, have I been busy. Haven't even had the chance to deposit in 2 days.

Anything important happen while I was doing shit?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 20:55:49

Like what do you do at this place.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 21:44:17

At 1/10/08 08:55 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: Like what do you do at this place.

Too sleepy to write a whole new speech thing, so I'll copypasta from my last post about it

Anyway, the Barracks is basically about fair voting. We don't tell members what to vote on or how they should vote. We are not the enemies of any group, either. Barracks members are only expected to vote on flashes based on how they enjoyed it, not for protection points (or blam points). The main role of the EGB is to have a group of high-ranking voters who vote based on their definition of quality, as opposed to the huge chunk of the Newgrounds public that are point-whores.

We're stat-whores, yes, but we liked our stats to be earned in good conscience, heh.

We spread the message about doing so, hoping that we make a difference, as small as it may be. We also report stolen flashes here and to the NGPD to be investigated, and if something rulebreaking/stolen manages to pass judgment or is fileswapped, we make sure Wade is notified.

We also serve as a sort of tutorship for new NG members; since most Private+ users are long-time members, we can help lots of new sign-ups, whether it be as simple as linking them to the Newgrounds FAQ or guiding them through flash-making.

Lately the EGB has also gotten more focused on review work and whistles, and one cannot join if they have a Garbage Whistle. We have a whistle improvement project for those who want a shinier whistle, although it's currently postponed until the Barracks forums are re-done.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 22:10:08

I'll join this place.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 22:19:22

Oh my god the portal has been so slow for me the last couple of days. I swear to god, it used to seem like every time I log in, the flash potal only seems to have 2 or 3 flashes portal entries in UJ. Although now I am starting to notice that it's not just me and that the portal has been slowing down a lot since the new year began.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 22:29:47

At 1/10/08 10:10 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: I'll join this place.

Welcome. =)

At 1/10/08 10:19 PM, SilentSoldier wrote: Oh my god the portal has been so slow for me the last couple of days. I swear to god, it used to seem like every time I log in, the flash potal only seems to have 2 or 3 flashes portal entries in UJ. Although now I am starting to notice that it's not just me and that the portal has been slowing down a lot since the new year began.

Yeah, it has been a bit slow. This morning I logged on to see ONE UJ Flash. I went into it and it had already passed judgment. =(

But after a while there were like 15.

And guess what I did?

Made Master Sergeant!!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 22:39:04

At 1/10/08 10:29 PM, RSQViper wrote:
At 1/10/08 10:19 PM, SilentSoldier wrote: Oh my god the portal has been so slow for me the last couple of days
Yeah, it has been a bit slow. This morning I logged on to see ONE UJ Flash. I went into it and it had already passed judgment. =(

It was so slow... that I didn't believe it...
I hope it get better for the weekend

Made Master Sergeant!!!

congrats... that's really nice...
the bad news... now... you will feel it's impossible to get a higher rank...
lvling up last forever...

well, today was my first day at the University... was kind of cool...
I like it... and there was a lot of beautiful girls
is going to be a really nice year... XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-10 23:01:24

Damn, I'm slowing down after the break.

Getting back on WoW might have something to do with it too...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-11 00:29:01

Link To Spam Flash

Ok... can you guys tell me... what the fuck ?!?
That shitty spam flash got through...
btw, don't open it... thats just going to fuck your internet windows...

I flagged it, but still I don't understand whats so wrong with Newgrounds users... they keep protecting The Zombie Army's flash...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-11 03:12:06

Hey, you guys see that the review panels are different now?

It's kinda' cool, but I think it'll take some getting used to. I think the big score numbers are ugly as shit, though. They need not be block numbers.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-11 03:41:16

Yeah, the number is too freakin' huge. I'm sure they could have a sexier graphic than that, like a score meter type thing or whatnot.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-01-11 04:01:03

At 1/11/08 03:12 AM, RSQViper wrote: Hey, you guys see that the review panels are different now?

Hey thanks for pointing that out, I didn't even notice. I think it looks pretty good and the text down the bottom is pretty intelligent. I don't think you can actually mark reviews as helpful/pointless yet though. I couldn't anyways.

Anyone here from Phantom lately?

*Salutes*

Do you have 2,500+ b/p points? Are you looking for an intelligent club where you can discuss NG related and unrelated topics? Join the Elite Guard Barracks!

BBS Signature