00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

230,424 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 11:52:25

i changed my mind, and now except coffee as my personal savior.
ps: is anyone else pissed off at how some christians get pissed off when you call them homophobes, even though they claim to believe everything in the bible(including the homophobic stuff)

ppss: is it ok if i keep posting cartoons?

The Atheist Army

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 13:14:12

this topic moves
vvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeerrrrrrryyyyyyyy

sssssssslllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooo owwwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllllll lyyyyyyyyy

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 18:23:11

At 7/29/07 08:50 AM, AtrusBlackthorne wrote: why would the romans waste two stakes on his feet? well, I know some about crucifixion but not enough to know if there were ever instances of two stakes at the feet; btw I'm not here to defend Jesus, he doesn't need it.

Because it was a common form of execution designed to make the death slow and painful. Ever broken your feet? Then you can imagine how much pain you'd go through with two stakes jabbed into them.

Me: sex is fun God: it is more fun alone.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 18:42:17

so, can i join or what(i promise that i wont just post cartoons)?

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 21:21:17

(1)"Called the Atheist Army purely for alliteration"- can there still be guns?

(2) this video by the new york dolls is anti-creationism (entitled"dance like a monkey")

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 22:10:37

Really sorry 4 the triple post, but i was skimming through this topic, and people were talking about there being so many believers. The reason is because we are hard wired to believe so, by whoever raises us, and by the communal environment that shuns us so. thats partially why kids will beleive in retarded shit like Santa, they assume there parents are right and truthful, even though the children would never accept that stuff on there own.

"It's easy to deceive a child"-John Lydon

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 22:41:43

At 7/29/07 10:10 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: people were talking about there being so many believers. The reason is because we are hard wired to believe so, by whoever raises us, and by the communal environment that shuns us so. thats partially why kids will beleive in retarded shit like Santa, they assume there parents are right and truthful, even though the children would never accept that stuff on there own.

I totally agree, people only belive in God because their parents brain washed them. That's why muslim children have muslim parents and christian children have christian parents.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 23:12:00

At 7/29/07 10:41 PM, distantgamer wrote: I totally agree, people only belive in God because their parents brain washed them. That's why muslim children have muslim parents and christian children have christian parents.

but thankfully, we also have the ability to rise above our predetermined conditions.

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-29 23:20:48

At 7/29/07 01:14 AM, AtrusBlackthorne wrote:
this could probably get me flamed but I'm in a mood to play "angel's advocate" if you will, and defend the perspective opposite the thread topic just a little bit, mind you, without any stunning logical exposition, just simple ideas.........I'm done. sorry, just having fun.

ummmm, that's your idea of fun? remind me never to go on a date with you(just playing arownd)

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-30 16:31:45

At 7/29/07 10:41 PM, distantgamer wrote:
At 7/29/07 10:10 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: people were talking about there being so many believers. The reason is because we are hard wired to believe so, by whoever raises us, and by the communal environment that shuns us so. thats partially why kids will beleive in retarded shit like Santa, they assume there parents are right and truthful, even though the children would never accept that stuff on there own.
I totally agree, people only belive in God because their parents brain washed them. That's why muslim children have muslim parents and christian children have christian parents.

Indoctrinating a delusional tradition... I mean, it's fine if they choose to be Christian, but I am whole heartedly against anyone who wishes to forcefully indoctrinate their child into a belief. I think it's just wrong. Plus, they'll always be those "mamma says" type kids until they grow up. Rather sad actually.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-30 19:43:48

At 7/30/07 04:31 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
I totally agree, people only belive in God because their parents brain washed them. That's why muslim children have muslim parents and christian children have christian parents.:
Indoctrinating a delusional tradition... I mean, it's fine if they choose to be Christian, but I am whole heartedly against anyone who wishes to forcefully indoctrinate their child into a belief. I think it's just wrong. Plus, they'll always be those "mamma says" type kids until they grow up. Rather sad actually.

RATHER SAD
? it's what's wrong with this world. my mother's still trying to drag me to church.
a couple winters ago, the family forcefully took me to church on x-mas. i don't mean they stuffed me in a trunk or anything, but fuck damn that was uncalled for. (in case anyones wondering, i celebrate the winter solstice (not all that tacked on religious babble) on the day who ever i'm with is, and so far, that only includes my christian family)

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-30 20:07:56

At 7/30/07 07:43 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
At 7/30/07 04:31 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
I totally agree, people only belive in God because their parents brain washed them. That's why muslim children have muslim parents and christian children have christian parents.:

RATHER SAD? it's what's wrong with this world. my mother's still trying to drag me to church.
a couple winters ago, the family forcefully took me to church on x-mas. i don't mean they stuffed me in a trunk or anything, but fuck damn that was uncalled for. (in case anyones wondering, i celebrate the winter solstice (not all that tacked on religious babble) on the day who ever i'm with is, and so far, that only includes my christian family)

Consider yourself lucky, my mom will believe anything if it's in a video or book. She's fleeing to Mexico because she thinks the us government is going to institute martial law and become all fascist and shit, like soviet russia. She also believes the sons sister star, or, planet x, is going to come in 2012 and suddenly change the earth's orbit, causing a sudden change in climate all over, threatening life all over the planet.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-30 20:23:34

At 7/30/07 08:07 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
RATHER SAD? it's what's wrong with this world. my mother's still trying to drag me to church.
Consider yourself lucky, my mom will believe anything if it's in a video or book. She's fleeing to Mexico because she thinks the us government is going to institute martial law and become all fascist and shit, like soviet russia. She also believes the sons sister star, or, planet x, is going to come in 2012 and suddenly change the earth's orbit, causing a sudden change in climate all over, threatening life all over the planet.

oh, good luck with that.

on an unrelated note: i'm bi, and have to struggle with Homophobia and Heterosexism every day.
i know most of this hatred has religious roots, and even though i know people that claim to blindly
except every dogma of there religion(including the homophobia), they get pissed off when i confront them about how them considering them selves non-homophobic is hypocritical.

any thoughts?

The Atheist Army

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-30 22:20:29

At 7/30/07 08:23 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
At 7/30/07 08:07 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
oh, good luck with that.

on an unrelated note: i'm bi, and have to struggle with Homophobia and Heterosexism every day.
i know most of this hatred has religious roots, and even though i know people that claim to blindly
except every dogma of there religion(including the homophobia), they get pissed off when i confront them about how them considering them selves non-homophobic is hypocritical.

any thoughts?

I believe it has nothing to do with religion these days. Most people today are liberal, and most teens and young adults do not attend church. However, most find homosexuality wrong. It's partly do to tradition, the old "everyone hates em, so i should" thing, or it's due to the fact whenever someone mentions they're gay, the straight person, oddly enough, immediately thinks of men kissing and buttfucking, thus they end up finding homosexuality to be more disgusting than anything else.

Really, it's just intolerance. Ignorance, and plain stupidity. They judge you because they wonder "why is he not like me?" they hold you to a double standard. Society, no matter where you go, is always going to have people like this. Usually not as bad after you get out of highschool tho, I hear.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-30 23:40:55

At 7/30/07 10:20 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
At 7/30/07 08:23 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:

any thoughts?
I believe it has nothing to do with religion these days. Most people today are liberal, and most teens and young adults do not attend church. However, most find homosexuality wrong. It's partly do to tradition, the old "everyone hates em, so i should" thing, or it's due to the fact whenever someone mentions they're gay, the straight person, oddly enough, immediately thinks of men kissing and buttfucking, thus they end up finding homosexuality to be more disgusting than anything else.

Really, it's just intolerance. Ignorance, and plain stupidity. They judge you because they wonder "why is he not like me?" they hold you to a double standard. Society, no matter where you go, is always going to have people like this. Usually not as bad after you get out of highschool tho, I hear.

yeah, i guess. and it is easier in high school.

ok... listen up guys! has anyone heard of the cult landmark education? no, well prepare to be creeped out. i did not write it and i can't tell ya where i found this so don't ask.

"I have an account on "Linkedin" -- a professional networking site. Part of the site lets you answer questions posted by other members. I answered a post asking "where is the center of your consciousness..." To which I answered "around Avenue A and St. Marks Place." Soon after I received a personal message wanting to discuss further "if I was serious and not just joking." Duh, yeah, it's a joke dumbass. So I checked out his profile, and sure enough he's a counselor (recruiter) for Landmark Education (the cult-like organization formerly known as Erhart Seminar Training -- EST). Well creep me out ten ways!! Eeeeew!
I just reported the question as a recruiting tool, and they've taken down the question for now -- hopefully permanently. But --- Eeeeeew!"

yes, Eeeeeew indeed.(sorry if this is not the best place to post this but i figured, why not warn people of this malicious, conversion hungry organization? )

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:18:18

How is a conversation hungry organization malicious? Seeing as, if you don't want them talking to you, you could just... oh, I don't know, ignore them?

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:27:11

At 7/31/07 12:18 AM, OPIUMSKUM wrote: How is a conversation hungry organization malicious? Seeing as, if you don't want them talking to you, you could just... oh, I don't know, ignore them?

i did not explain myself properly, they seek people out, through tricking them. pretend topics, disguised seminars, tricking companies into letting them do "motivational speaking", invading personal privacy when you ask them to leave you alone, tiger traps(the whole shebang).
sorry 4 the confusion(still angry emoticon).

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:28:45

ya know what, why don't you look them up and find out about them yourself?

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:32:44

(girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:32:56

At 7/29/07 06:23 PM, OPIUMSKUM wrote:
At 7/29/07 08:50 AM, AtrusBlackthorne wrote: why would the romans waste two stakes on his feet? well, I know some about crucifixion but not enough to know if there were ever instances of two stakes at the feet; btw I'm not here to defend Jesus, he doesn't need it.
Because it was a common form of execution designed to make the death slow and painful. Ever broken your feet? Then you can imagine how much pain you'd go through with two stakes jabbed into them.

yeah, but wasn't it standard to nail both feet one on top of another? that's the design I always see on crucifixes.

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:39:12

At 7/29/07 11:20 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
this could probably get me flamed but I'm in a mood to play "angel's advocate" if you will, and defend the perspective opposite the thread topic just a little bit, mind you, without any stunning logical exposition, just simple ideas.........I'm done. sorry, just having fun.
ummmm, that's your idea of fun? remind me never to go on a date with you(just playing arownd)

I can take a fairly educated guess that you probably wouldn't even want to date me as things stand. :-P (I can play arowndt too)

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:39:48

:at when ever o'clock sum guy said;

:conversation hungry

ummm, no ....."conversion"(meaning they invade privacy (and break laws)to attempt to convert you)

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 00:58:35

At 7/31/07 12:39 AM, AtrusBlackthorne wrote:
At 7/29/07 11:20 PM, alicetheDroog wrote:
this could probably get me flamed but I'm in a mood to play "angel's advocate" if you will, and defend the perspective opposite the thread topic just a little bit, mind you, without any stunning logical exposition, just simple ideas...I'm done. sorry, just having fun.
I can take a fairly educated guess that you probably wouldn't even want to date me as things stand. :-P (I can play arowndt too)

awwww... don't feel bad, i'd date you.(but i'm 15)

ps: ummmm... OPIUMSKUM man, are you dyslexic? if you are, all is forgiven. if not all is forgiven any way(look at the last things i've posted and it will all become very clear)

The Atheist Army

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 02:57:18

i never reolized how central god was to the AA 12 step program untill i read the 12 steps. 6 of the steps are either about god or refering to him. although the twelth also mentions having a "spiritual awakening"

2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

4 8 15 16 23 42

would you kindly?

|N|E|W|G|R|O|U|N|D|S| my antidrug

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 04:08:20

At 7/29/07 01:14 AM, AtrusBlackthorne wrote: I'm done. sorry, just having fun.

Interesting. I'm sure there are people who are just as you described, who wont argue at all beacuse of being timid and such. I never said there weren't. But are you saying that they won't debate religion beacuse they know that they will surely lose? If that's the case they're only christians to "go with the flow" so to speak. And those who attack you beacuse of your beliefs, i believe, are the true christians. Beacuse frankly, what i understand from the bible, is that you shouldn't be tolerant. In fact, as long as you agree with God, you can be as intolerant as you like, and stone people for stupid things as "blasphemy". Of course it isn't that extreme nowadays, but still quite frightening :S

At 7/29/07 01:39 AM, alicetheDroog wrote: i-i'm-home

Why hello. Thank you for picture spamming an old, overrused picture.

At 7/29/07 08:49 AM, MickTheChampion wrote: WELL DONE SERIOUSLY

IS THAT SARCASM I DETECT?

At 7/29/07 06:42 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: so, can i join or what(i promise that i wont just post cartoons)?

Sure! Away with the unfunny picture spamming and contribute to the thread, and your e-penis will grow! :D

That was actually non-sarcasm.

At 7/29/07 09:21 PM, alicetheDroog wrote: (1)"Called the Atheist Army purely for alliteration"- can there still be guns?

Sure, but no flame wars plz.

(2) this video by the new york dolls is anti-creationism (entitled"dance like a monkey")

It's a nice video. But i doubt that is the best way to enlighten people. Still, it's raelly awesome, thanks for te link :)

At 7/31/07 12:58 AM, alicetheDroog wrote: ps: ummmm... OPIUMSKUM man, are you dyslexic? if you are, all is forgiven. if not all is forgiven any way(look at the last things i've posted and it will all become very clear)

Enough with the spamming already.

At 7/31/07 02:57 AM, dabboy wrote: i never reolized how central god was to the AA 12 step program untill i read the 12 steps. 6 of the steps are either about god or refering to him. although the twelth also mentions having a "spiritual awakening"

And to think that courts in the U.S. sentences one to those meetings if you make an alcohol realated crime. At least it gives me a damn good reason to stay fresh and sober!

I'm sure there's a kind of AA meeting in islamic countries too, with similar teachings :D

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 06:19:01

At 7/31/07 12:27 AM, alicetheDroog wrote:
At 7/31/07 12:18 AM, OPIUMSKUM wrote: How is a conversation hungry organization malicious? Seeing as, if you don't want them talking to you, you could just... oh, I don't know, ignore them?
i did not explain myself properly, they seek people out, through tricking them. pretend topics, disguised seminars, tricking companies into letting them do "motivational speaking", invading personal privacy when you ask them to leave you alone, tiger traps(the whole shebang).
sorry 4 the confusion(still angry emoticon).

My statement still stands. Just like Jehovies in public handing out bibles and pamphlets on how false religion is destroying the earth, you can ignore them, ask them to stop, hell you could even tell them "fuck off bitch" but then you'd get twice as many jehovies coming at you bitching about how you're close minded, but usually eventually they get the picture and stop bothering you. Tho, a lot of em will probably say shit about you behind your back, ruining your reputation in the town, and telling their kids not to socialize with you.

God I hate Jehovahs Witnesses...

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 10:09:45

first, i want to make sure you read this

"conversation hungry"
ummm, no ....."conversion"(meaning they invade privacy (and break laws)to attempt to convert you)

second while you can ignore them, i still consider them malicious, but not in the sense that there gonna beat us up, more like that whistle button you can press pertaining to portal entries.(not to mention they also have many attributes of other dangerous cults ie: locking you in a room and not letting you pee while people yell at you, when you think you just came in for motivational speaking)

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 10:14:40

Im not an atheist, as anyone that read the science vs relligion thread would know.
But I just want to say thanks for having this thread, it keeps the 'god suk's' threads low in number.

However I cant help but notice that there is so much that relligion has that atheism doesnt replace.
There is colledge courses on Theology, there is no Atheology, there is also no songs about atheism.
(but most christian music sucks anyway)

Now why is that?

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 10:17:12

FUCK... remewmber how i talked about dealing with homophobia? look at what i got in my inbox.......

"From: spellfire78
Sent: 07/31/07 09:22
Subject: you

my only solice is knowing u will burn forever in hell, so have a nice life trying to convince others that
being a fag is ok. your 15 and act like you know anything about life. go get a job or better yet go sit on a grenade you freak."

.........................well i replied sarcastically, of course.....something like........"well, good luck with that, now if you'll excuse me, i've gotta go suck some pussy.SEE YA!"(might not have been the best way to respond, but it made me feel better)

i did not delete it, beacause i think there might be some way for me to report this, and if there is, please tell me.

The Atheist Army

I miss my old sig )=

Response to The Atheist Army 2007-07-31 10:19:17

At 7/31/07 10:14 AM, Zoraxe7 wrote: Im not an atheist, as anyone that read the science vs relligion thread would know.
But I just want to say thanks for having this thread, it keeps the 'god suk's' threads low in number.

However I cant help but notice that there is so much that relligion has that atheism doesnt replace.
There is colledge courses on Theology, there is no Atheology, there is also no songs about atheism.
(but most christian music sucks anyway)

Now why is that?

ummmmmm..... (1) theology includes discussing Atheism, right,(2)haven't you ever heard f punk rock?

I miss my old sig )=