00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

776,618 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 13:15:11

At 9/23/08 12:56 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Yeah, when I hit level 16 before the redesign, I stopped depositing due to it looking fucking incredible, which is a shame, since I missed a lot of deposits. I didn't even deposit until *almost level 17*, I even dropped down to level 15 once or twice.

I think I was level 12 before the redesign which was my altime favourite, I was planning to stay on it. Then the new levels came in and I went up to 18. And now here I am at 21 after a long break.

I'd be level 42 if I'd never missed a deposit, which is a shame, since most of the 30s look shit and I'll be glad to see the back of them....

in a couple of years.

My levels cool but I feel like a deserve higher one. I haven't been to NG Log in a while, ill think ill check in and see my stats

here all the old beauties btw, they look so dated but 12 is still fuckin awesome.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 13:25:13

nostalgia

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 13:29:13

At 9/23/08 01:25 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: nostalgia

1000 posts?

I wonder what year that was.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 13:34:41

lmao thats a noob level now but it was pretty hard to achieve back in the day. passing level 9 was a bitch.

did you have that saved on your computer or was it in an archive or something?

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 13:55:49

Wow, only 1000 posts. That must have happened well before I signed up. :o I was able to find a screenshot of myself from 2004 and DAMN! I find it quite scary.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 14:22:12

Man where are you guys getting these pictures from

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 14:23:33

Some time around spring 2004, judging by my post history, although when posts are deleted it slips a bit, but that's about right.

Also.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 14:29:58

Wait, in spring 2004 I made my 4000th post.

:o

:O

O/ %u0305%u0305 \
O\_/

pic almost related

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 15:10:13

At 9/23/08 02:22 PM, Marsupial wrote: Man where are you guys getting these pictures from

Usually people keep a folder where they have there stuff stored.

I have a NG's folder stored on my email as well as on my PC.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 16:19:06

At 9/23/08 03:10 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 9/23/08 02:22 PM, Marsupial wrote: Man where are you guys getting these pictures from
Usually people keep a folder where they have there stuff stored.

I have a NG's folder stored on my email as well as on my PC.

I think I actually used to have one but I got deleted after I formatted. Oh well Ill take shot of my 5000th post for the time capsule

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 19:57:43

At 9/22/08 07:55 AM, Bahamut wrote:
lol, true. I noticed how much you posted yesterday and only a few days ago, you got 6666 posts. Kinda like myself back in 2005.

Eventually he will slow down by a huge margin and lose interest.

The only mod that has slowed down by a really small amount is BBM which is no surprise lol.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 20:11:29

I've slowed down now that I don't need to post in as many threads as possible, now that I don't have anything to prove to anyone, and most importantly, now that I can't really be seen posting in borderline spam threads since that kinda suggests to people (and other mods) that I think the thread is okay to post in.

But it's not just posting.
My BBSing in general has been on the down-turn this summer.

I'm not too fussed, it does leave me with awkward moments after posting for a bit where I just sit at my computer thinking "Now what do I want to do?", but apart from that, eh, it was bound to happen at some point or other.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 20:55:27

So much for 'getting an early night'. There's a party going on in the flat upstairs, and it's keeping me awake :/

I would go and join in normally, but after last night's shenanigans I feel like chilling out tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 20:56:28

At 9/23/08 08:55 PM, NEVR wrote: So much for 'getting an early night'. There's a party going on in the flat upstairs, and it's keeping me awake :/

I would go and join in normally, but after last night's shenanigans I feel like chilling out tonight.

heh, I know what you feel like.

I've done nothing today, just sat around. Watched a couple of DVDs and things... just had no energy.

Hopefully I'll feel perkier tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 21:05:38

At 9/23/08 08:56 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: heh, I know what you feel like.

I've done nothing today, just sat around. Watched a couple of DVDs and things... just had no energy.

Yeah, I managed a trip to the shops and had to register, but I felt like crap for most of the day. A few of us went down to the SU bar earlier to see if we could watch the Arsenal match down there, but they didn't have the channel that it was airing on apparently. Didn't feel up to staying out anyway so we just shuffled back to the flat and chilled out.

I can only hope the same. Didn't drink much today though, so there's no reason why I shouldn't feel fine in the morning ;)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-23 21:45:43

At 9/23/08 08:56 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

Oh really? Had no energy? I've got loads of it and I hardly find a way to use it except annoying the neighbors bu punching the concrete walls as my punching bag!

I know you will!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

-----Thanks to Zero2562130 for my sig and profile pic re-do----

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 03:07:25

Oldest one i can find. 2000 posts and Level 11...

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 03:18:19

At 9/24/08 03:07 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Oldest one i can find. 2000 posts and Level 11...

I remember level 11... I was just about to leave it behind for level 12 when the redesign was launched. Never liked it all that much TBH, but hey ho. One of the reasons that the current design is much nicer: if you don't like your level, it's not going to take absolute ages to get a new one.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 03:26:10

At 9/24/08 03:18 AM, NEVR wrote: if you don't like your level, it's not going to take absolute ages to get a new one.

Im only just under a month from leveling up again, and then i think that will be it for me and depositing :/ im getting bored of this bronze glove.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 03:41:25

At 9/24/08 03:26 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Im only just under a month from leveling up again, and then i think that will be it for me and depositing :/ im getting bored of this bronze glove.

For me it takes a little over 2 months to level up now. Obviously it increases by a few days each time you level up, but it's not so long that I'm phased by it. I quite like most of the upcoming levels too, so it's all good.

The sliding scale for EXP was another thing that made it seem longer. Really hope they don't bring that back when Pimp hits level 60 -- although I don't see why they would, because then they'd just have to redesign the level system yet again in a few more years, after it got out of control again.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 03:45:15

At 9/24/08 03:41 AM, NEVR wrote: after it got out of control again.

Heh, just like the whistle system, i always wondered why i never got any further from a Bronze whistle after flagging review after review all the time.

Good times i say.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 03:57:43

A bit more nostalgia for the records, my time when i had 1337 posts, finally past level 9. Oh, and what my username used to be.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 05:50:59

Now this is going waaaaay back. This is probably late 2002, lol.

old, crappy username

Oh, and congrats on pass and level up Mendou.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 06:25:44

I remember the old old old BBS design... dont think I have any screenies stretching back that far though

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 07:21:44

At 9/24/08 06:25 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I remember the old old old BBS design... dont think I have any screenies stretching back that far though

The past is the past! You don't need to remember it I guess! It'll just bring back bad memories!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 07:29:57

I see you've never listened to any of the NG vets.

"Oooh, back in the golden years the BBS was SO much better"

y'know

back when dobio wore turtlenecks and HOT PISS!!!1!1!!!!! was awesome and all that jazz.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 07:33:57

At 9/24/08 07:29 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I see you've never listened to any of the NG vets.

Sometimes, I do... sometimes I don't! It depends on the topic!

"Oooh, back in the golden years the BBS was SO much better"

Yeah, I heard about it a year ago, until the person who told me got deleted! Many things were legal in the BBS then!

back when dobio wore turtlenecks and HOT PISS!!!1!1!!!!! was awesome and all that jazz.

OK.... I think I don't get it!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 08:18:27

RabidEchidna made his name through posting shocklinks anywhere and everywhere. At one point he was placed on a ban for something like 6 months.

And then he was made a mod!

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 08:30:01

At 9/24/08 08:18 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: RabidEchidna made his name through posting shocklinks anywhere and everywhere. At one point he was placed on a ban for something like 6 months.
And then he was made a mod!

6 months? WOW! Reminds me of someone... namely a user named BitchWeed! Does this RabidEchidna still exist now? Or does he have another identity?

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-09-24 08:48:39

At 9/24/08 08:30 AM, LeeJaySan wrote: 6 months? WOW! Reminds me of someone... namely a user named BitchWeed! Does this RabidEchidna still exist now? Or does he have another identity?

The guy was demodded in around 2007 or 6 because he showed the mod lounge to somebody, I think and he still stuck around until well, now.

So yeah, he's still here, with the same alias.