00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LainLover just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~The C&C Regulars Lounge~

776,694 Views | 18,869 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 17:22:10

At 8/12/08 05:06 PM, jew193 wrote: Also, do the movies that people would review have to be new, like in theaters, or could they be movies that came out a long time ago that you just happened to watch not long ago?

They dont have to be new. They could be ones you have watched recently. When the club first starts up, we are going to need a lot of review, Specially older ones. But after a while, the older movies are all going to get reviewed. Which brings up a problem; How are we going to keep people from repeating movie reviews. I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of Dark Knight reviews...

I guess we need to have a least one active mod, to help delete or "moderate" the repetitive reviews.
We should have about 10 active users to help keep track of the reviews, and will contact the mod when there are repetitive or useless reviews.
Repetitive reviews can be considered a wanrning and useless reviews can be considered a strike.

I might also create an account to keep track of what movies have been reviewed. The top ranked users, and mod would know the password, and would make news posts when movies have been reviewed and provide a link to the page they are on.

Well... this is comming together nicely.

The Filmakers Club / Above the ignorance

....Go Ahead. Stare....

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 17:27:37

At 8/12/08 05:22 PM, ArmorAll wrote:
At 8/12/08 05:06 PM, jew193 wrote: Also, do the movies that people would review have to be new, like in theaters, or could they be movies that came out a long time ago that you just happened to watch not long ago?
They dont have to be new. They could be ones you have watched recently. When the club first starts up, we are going to need a lot of review, Specially older ones. But after a while, the older movies are all going to get reviewed. Which brings up a problem; How are we going to keep people from repeating movie reviews. I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of Dark Knight reviews...

Whoa. ALL The older movies are going to get reviewed?!? You're crazy. There's no way that your club will review every movie ever made. Also, wouldn't you want a lot of reviews for a single movie? That would be better because it would show many people's opinions on the movie, and it would give people a better perspective of the movie.

I guess we need to have a least one active mod, to help delete or "moderate" the repetitive reviews.
We should have about 10 active users to help keep track of the reviews, and will contact the mod when there are repetitive or useless reviews.
Repetitive reviews can be considered a wanrning and useless reviews can be considered a strike.

I might also create an account to keep track of what movies have been reviewed. The top ranked users, and mod would know the password, and would make news posts when movies have been reviewed and provide a link to the page they are on.

That might be a good idea, but that would be a shitload of work. good luck keeping up with that.

Well... this is comming together nicely.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 18:23:28

I don't think a spoiler note on every post is neccessary, I fail to see how you can write a decent review without mentioning the plot. Rather just have a spoiler warning at the beginning of the thread, if they don't expect spoilers they're pretty retarded.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 19:14:23

At 8/12/08 05:27 PM, jew193 wrote: Whoa. ALL The older movies are going to get reviewed?!? You're crazy. There's no way that your club will review every movie ever made. Also, wouldn't you want a lot of reviews for a single movie? That would be better because it would show many people's opinions on the movie, and it would give people a better perspective of the movie.

Not every movie, but after a while a lot of the popular older movies will get reviewed . I do agree that more reviews for a single movie would be good, but after a while 50 dark night reviews could get old. I could be wrong though, that is th reason im posting it here first; so i can get peoples oppinion on how i can make it better. Im sure i havent thought of everything.

And about keeping up, that was just a suggestion. If i do do that, I will probably give the account info to a couple other trusted people to help out, so the burden wont all fall on me.

At 8/12/08 06:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I don't think a spoiler note on every post is neccessary, I fail to see how you can write a decent review without mentioning the plot. Rather just have a spoiler warning at the beginning of the thread, if they don't expect spoilers they're pretty retarded.

Some reviews could be a person oppinion on a movie, other could be an outline of what happens. Im just suggesting that it would be helpful for a person that wants to know what other people thought of the movie before he or she sees it, but doesn't want to have the ending ruined.

....Go Ahead. Stare....

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 19:54:06

At 8/12/08 09:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: Indeed. It's really hard to find good threads in General these days, even though I was able to post in a thread there the other day.

Yeah, it's starting to suck! The only things they talk about are cocks(can they EVER think of anything?), girlfriends, life of being idiots, and insults on other sites! :(

Damn, I really miss what General was like in 2005.

Too bad I registered in NG in 06 so I don't know how good the Generals was!

You were light for a while? lol, I didn't notice you being light.

You influenced me to be Light for a while! I got hooked to the song and went light for a day!

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

-----Thanks to Zero2562130 for my sig and profile pic re-do----

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 20:29:02

At 8/12/08 09:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: Damn, I really miss what General was like in 2005.

Ahh yes, back in the day when i did post in there it used to be ok. Not as good as here, but still had some good threads.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 22:24:23

At 8/12/08 08:29 PM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
Ahh yes, back in the day when i did post in there it used to be ok. Not as good as here, but still had some good threads.

Care to give me a summary of how good it was?

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 22:29:35

At 8/12/08 10:24 PM, LeeJaySan wrote: Care to give me a summary of how good it was?

Here's my theory of what it was like:

There was no Naruto.

Troll was just a thing you did in a flash game.

Posts were productive.

Users were intelligent.

The mods were likable.

And orgies were a daily routine.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-12 22:37:55

At 8/12/08 10:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Here's my theory of what it was like:

OK...

There was no Naruto.

That's fine! I'm not a fan anyway!

Damn trolls!

Posts were productive.

Productive, hopefully not repetitive!

Users were intelligent.

Glad to hear that! Wish that they were still that smart now! Not anymore!

The mods were likable.

Mods? I hate Zendra! She deleted my very best friend in NG! T_T'

Don't mention gay orgies!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 00:45:41

At 8/12/08 10:43 PM, Mendou wrote:
My theory of course. But honestly, who cares? Move on.

What the hell is going on here...

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 05:28:19

At 8/13/08 12:45 AM, Lotus wrote:
What the hell is going on here...

We were asking how good the BBS was back in 2005!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 06:56:25

At 8/12/08 10:16 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/12/08 09:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: Funny, I originally switched to Light for the Winter layout, but if we never had that layout, I might still be evil. :o
That was the best layout of all time. I really miss it ;_;

It'll be back in November. :) But first, we'll be seeing the Clock Day layout, Madness Day layout and the Halloween layout. I fucking hope they don't put the Breasts Cancer awareness month layout up again, because the amount of pinkness on NG then was fucking eye cancer.

Of course, I'd do a lot to steer everyone away from fab. ;)
You'll never get my alt to change from fab. ;P

Alts are fine to be fab, because which other aura would Fagamut choose besides fab. :P

lmao, I was neutral for a few days so gfox would congratulate me on switching to neutral aura, which I changed back to light right after. XD
Right after you got the sugar from Greg, eh? You SLUT. ;P

lol yes.

At 8/12/08 07:54 PM, LeeJaySan wrote:
At 8/12/08 09:51 AM, Bahamut wrote: Indeed. It's really hard to find good threads in General these days, even though I was able to post in a thread there the other day.
Yeah, it's starting to suck! The only things they talk about are cocks(can they EVER think of anything?), girlfriends, life of being idiots, and insults on other sites! :(

I've been thinking of making a rant about the General forum and why it sucks so fucking much. I can look at the first page at anytime and will find a really stupid thread. Although the General forum has been about cocks, girlfriends, etc before I started posting there, but at least back then, the General forum was fun and had a nice variety of other topics. Now, it's just awful.

Damn, I really miss what General was like in 2005.
Too bad I registered in NG in 06 so I don't know how good the Generals was!

Yeah, just like I didn't know how great NG in 04 was in General. I heard it was better than 05, but I was more fond of what the forum was like when I was posting there a lot.

You were light for a while? lol, I didn't notice you being light.
You influenced me to be Light for a while! I got hooked to the song and went light for a day!

Ah, I should give myself a pat on the back. :) I believe that was only a few months ago.

At 8/12/08 10:37 PM, LeeJaySan wrote:
At 8/12/08 10:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: The mods were likable.
Mods? I hate Zendra! She deleted my very best friend in NG! T_T'

She? lol.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 06:56:54

At 8/12/08 10:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: There was no Naruto.

There was still the ever present little kid though.

I never knew the concept of trolling was new.

Posts were productive.

Less users = Less crap

Users were intelligent.

Less users = Less crap

The mods were likable.

Less mods = less crap

Less users = less crap

Yeah basically, if you have less users you basically have less annoying people obviously.

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 07:12:26

At 8/13/08 06:56 AM, Bahamut wrote:
I've been thinking of making a rant about the General forum and why it sucks so fucking much. I can look at the first page at anytime and will find a really stupid thread. Although the General forum has been about cocks, girlfriends, etc before I started posting there, but at least back then, the General forum was fun and had a nice variety of other topics. Now, it's just awful.

Hmph! I wished you continue! But the risk of getting banned is likely! Rules are getting more serious!

Yeah, just like I didn't know how great NG in 04 was in General. I heard it was better than 05, but I was more fond of what the forum was like when I was posting there a lot.

Yeah it was indeed better as it was said by an 03 user I know! Many things were legal back then but now it's starting to be annoying! :(

Ah, I should give myself a pat on the back. :) I believe that was only a few months ago.

*pats back* You deserve it! *Sings Blue again*

She? lol.

IDK! But I got a bone to pick w/ that mod!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 08:03:21

Whoever figures out this account's main will win this account

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 08:05:52

Intellectual Joke of the Year 2008

An English professor writes a simple sentence on the board, sans punctuation:

A woman without her man is nothing

He asks a man to come down from the auditorium and punctuate it. He writes the following:

A woman, without her man, is nothing.

Then the professor calls down a female student, who punctuates it thus:

A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 08:22:02

At 8/12/08 10:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Troll was just a thing you did in a flash game.

Zen444 was around in 2005, so you can cross off that one ;P

I didn't even post in General back in '05, but there's really no need to glorify it THAT much. Like Mendou said, it's mostly due to the size of the user base increasing that makes General worse these days. There's just a larger volume of shitty users masking out the good users, that's all. The ratio of good : shitty users is still probably the same.

At 8/12/08 10:37 PM, LeeJaySan wrote: Mods? I hate Zendra! She deleted my very best friend in NG! T_T'

LOL. Why does everyone seem to think Zendra is a girl? Perhaps it's the feminine -a suffix ending, I dunno. Either way, Zendra = dude.

I've always gotten on reasonably well with him, personally.

At 8/13/08 06:56 AM, Bahamut wrote: I fucking hope they don't put the Breasts Cancer awareness month layout up again, because the amount of pinkness on NG then was fucking eye cancer.

They will do -- Tom likes people who know how much he cares about breasts ;P

If they do, I might go fab for the month to show how much I care about breasts, too.

At 8/13/08 08:05 AM, Coop83 wrote: Intellectual Joke of the Year 2008

Heh... ahh, the age old difference between the thinking patterns of women and men. Very good, Coop -- A nice chuckle for this windy and rainy Wednesday lunch time. :)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 09:10:45

At 8/13/08 08:22 AM, NEVR wrote:
LOL. Why does everyone seem to think Zendra is a girl? Perhaps it's the feminine -a suffix ending, I dunno. Either way, Zendra = dude.

Blah blah blah!

I've always gotten on reasonably well with him, personally.

Thanks to him, I lost a friend! Now he must pay!

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 10:39:20

Someone is out to get me... last night I made 5k posts, but one was deleted... I have a feeling someone doesn't want me to reach this milestone...

So, 5k posts (with this one), and I will return to the BBS when I have other stats that are awesome in themselves.

Or when I get bored with doing reviews and shit. <3

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 11:18:14

At 8/13/08 10:39 AM, Lotus wrote: Someone is out to get me... last night I made 5k posts, but one was deleted... I have a feeling someone doesn't want me to reach this milestone...

Hate it when that happens. Luckily, it's never happened to me on a posting milestone. Congrats on the 5k posts though. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 13:19:51

Eh, 3 or 4 years ago the BBS was pretty similar, it's just that I was 3 or 4 years younger.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 14:40:18

At 8/12/08 05:27 PM, jew193 wrote: That might be a good idea, but that would be a shitload of work. good luck keeping up with that.

Well i did it. Here it is. You should join jew.
And Bananabreadmuffin you didnt seem that interested but that would be great if you helped out, i am deff gonna need a mod to help me out on this.

....Go Ahead. Stare....

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 15:08:24

At 8/13/08 02:50 PM, Mendou wrote: Why? you already made it and you made some rules.

Im going to need help running it. If a mod helped that would be great.
I could be just getting ahead of myself though. I dont know if its even gonna work out.

....Go Ahead. Stare....

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 15:11:29

At 8/13/08 03:08 PM, ArmorAll wrote: Im going to need help running it. If a mod helped that would be great.
I could be just getting ahead of myself though. I dont know if its even gonna work out.

If the club is successful, you won't need a mod to help you run it. Just pick someone who joins who seems trustworthy to help you run it. If you encounter any problems that need a mod's attention (like spammers or trolls, for example), then you can just PM a mod and they'll probably take care of it. You won't need one there 24/7, though.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 15:11:34

At 8/13/08 11:18 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/13/08 10:39 AM, Lotus wrote: Someone is out to get me... last night I made 5k posts, but one was deleted... I have a feeling someone doesn't want me to reach this milestone...
Hate it when that happens. Luckily, it's never happened to me on a posting milestone. Congrats on the 5k posts though. ;)

I just lost another one... so THIS is my 5k post...

Fuck. >:[

Text to take up space since most is quoted material and I am far to lazy to press backspace... <3

<33

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 15:24:00

I'M 19 TODAY.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 15:25:12

At 8/13/08 03:24 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'M 19 TODAY.

LOL. I suppose you have a right to whoar yourself out then, BUT ONLY FOR TODAY.

As I said in your birthday thread in General, happy birthday dude.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 16:12:41

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BBM! :D

At 8/13/08 07:12 AM, LeeJaySan wrote:
At 8/13/08 06:56 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Hmph! I wished you continue! But the risk of getting banned is likely! Rules are getting more serious!

Who said I would post my rant on the BBS? I was thinking of putting it elsewhere.

Yeah it was indeed better as it was said by an 03 user I know! Many things were legal back then but now it's starting to be annoying! :(

I wouldn't mind if I was here in 01, but I'd only be 11 back then. Oh well, 05 was good enough for me. :)

*pats back* You deserve it! *Sings Blue again*

Thank you, :') Yes, let's sing Blue once again.

At 8/13/08 08:22 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/12/08 10:29 PM, Gu-rrilla wrote: Troll was just a thing you did in a flash game.
Zen444 was around in 2005, so you can cross off that one ;P

Well, yes, he was only slightly better back then for actually making decent threads and having the ability to not be a douchebag for 5 seconds.

At 8/12/08 10:37 PM, LeeJaySan wrote: Mods? I hate Zendra! She deleted my very best friend in NG! T_T'

At first, I did assume Zendra was a she because of the name, but his NG profile and MySpace said otherwise.

At 8/13/08 06:56 AM, Bahamut wrote: I fucking hope they don't put the Breasts Cancer awareness month layout up again, because the amount of pinkness on NG then was fucking eye cancer.
They will do -- Tom likes people who know how much he cares about breasts ;P

If they do that, I'll adblock the shit out of the layout until they take it down. That or they could give us the option to not view any of these special banners. Seriously, why not give us that option?

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 16:48:01

At 8/13/08 03:25 PM, NEVR wrote:
LOL. I suppose you have a right to whoar yourself out then, BUT ONLY FOR TODAY.

As I said in your birthday thread in General, happy birthday dude.

AND YOU MADAM ARE UGLY.

IN THE MORNING I SHALL NO LONGER BE 19, BUT YOU WILL STILL BE UGLY.

BBS Signature

Response to ~The C&C Regulars Lounge~ 2008-08-13 17:41:52

At 8/13/08 04:48 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: AND YOU MADAM ARE UGLY.

IN THE MORNING I SHALL NO LONGER BE 19, BUT YOU WILL STILL BE UGLY.

HOW DARE YOU INCORPORATE CHURCHILL AGAINST ME

BBS Signature