00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

biimooner just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

662,926 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-24 23:54:15

Make sure everythign else isnt too loud. Turn down the other synths and to make it louder turn up the project file...

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-24 23:55:01

i cant turn it up any more, its already at the max

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-24 23:57:38

Well then thats your problem... Turn it down. Make sure you aren't just trying to make it loud.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 01:29:06

Need Help with Mic.

So I've already installed ASIO4ALL.

The problem I have is using my mic in the "input area" of "the mixer". Picture is included so no imagination nessecary.

What I'm trying to do is real time usage of the vocoder. Channel 12 (or whatever) needs to have mic input (live) and Channel 13 has "carrier" (Some sweet harsh synths), and channel 14 has Vocoder with channels 12 and 13 running through them (Channel 12 left pan, Channel 13 right pan)... So then easy to use happy Vocoder -Which might I add works fine to record my voice and run it through the channels as described. - I record my voice by clicking on the dam mic icon and making a Clip. Seems to work just fine that way, but I need it live!... or so it seems. (It would make experimenting a lot easier).

I've tried all the different options given to me, no sound.

IDEAS?

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 01:31:18

At 8/24/08 11:55 PM, ganon95 wrote: i cant turn it up any more, its already at the max

Turn down other sounds.... COMPRESS MOAR MAYBE? You can always compress moar!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 11:13:16

At 8/25/08 08:20 AM, Alchemist94 wrote: Hai guys ;)

Is there a way to have more than one time signature in one song? Like have a song that starts in one time signature then switch.

Not that I know of besides switching the spacing in between the notes. I think it's swing session that I did that. (My song). It's in 4/4 but sounds 4/3

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 14:53:13

I know I'm gonna sound like a total idiot here, but I have tried everything I can think of, and even followed your instructions:

I am having the exact same issue, but let me be a bit more specific. I have started two beats, and even extended the bars.

However, it will cut off after the first run through.

So, I read the previous comments u posted, and I saw that I needed to extend the pattern. So, I believe I have done that, but here is my issue:

I started off with a basic beat, then I wanna add a lil piano to it, and build up for three 16 bar verses and four hooks.

My first part is done I guess, so how do I add to it, without loosing what I already did? Do I need to create a brand new one from scratch, and if so, how will that work?

Or, is it as simple as doing an additional pattern? And if this is the case, how do I do that?

Lastly, I know how to go to FL keys and access the piano. But, I don't have a midi board, and the keyboard is not working when it comes to using the piano. Since it is hard as hell to do on the mouse, how can I do this?.

Thanks sooooo much for any help. I am goin crazy with all this.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 16:01:14

At 8/25/08 02:53 PM, htp wrote: I know I'm gonna sound like a total idiot here, but I have tried everything I can think of, and even followed your instructions:

Don't worry about it, we're here to help.

I am having the exact same issue, but let me be a bit more specific. I have started two beats, and even extended the bars.

ok.

However, it will cut off after the first run through.

Is it a premade loop? Because some loops only go for 1 measure.

So, I read the previous comments u posted, and I saw that I needed to extend the pattern. So, I believe I have done that, but here is my issue:

I started off with a basic beat, then I wanna add a lil piano to it, and build up for three 16 bar verses and four hooks.

My first part is done I guess, so how do I add to it, without loosing what I already did? Do I need to create a brand new one from scratch, and if so, how will that work?
Or, is it as simple as doing an additional pattern? And if this is the case, how do I do that?

Create a new pattern! On the playlist there are a bunch of numbers on the side from 1- 1 zillion or whatever. Click on a new one and start your new pattern from there!

Lastly, I know how to go to FL keys and access the piano. But, I don't have a midi board, and the keyboard is not working when it comes to using the piano. Since it is hard as hell to do on the mouse, how can I do this?.

Right click on the piano and select "send to piano roll" theres your own personal little keyboard to work with.

Thanks sooooo much for any help. I am goin crazy with all this.

:D

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 17:23:09

At 8/25/08 11:13 AM, Envy wrote:
At 8/25/08 08:20 AM, Alchemist94 wrote: Hai guys ;)

Is there a way to have more than one time signature in one song? Like have a song that starts in one time signature then switch.
Not that I know of besides switching the spacing in between the notes. I think it's swing session that I did that. (My song). It's in 4/4 but sounds 4/3

other than that method you can change the bars per beat in different patterns and just simply adjust the upper left window in the step sequencer, but you cannot change the actual beat in the time signature. EG you can switch between 4/4 and 3/4 and 7/4 and whatever but not 4/4 and 6/8.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 21:26:16

Can anyone help with my question up above?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 22:51:11

At 8/25/08 09:26 PM, Sanryd wrote: Can anyone help with my question up above?

I had the same problem on my old computer, it seems that the fl mixer doesn't let you select your soundcard, which is where your mic input is. The only thing I can suggest is to get the latest drivers for your sound card, and see if it works

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 22:58:19

wait, nevermind what I said, your using asio so its different. Hmm... this one has me stumped

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-25 23:42:51

At 8/25/08 10:58 PM, Rawmin wrote: wait, nevermind what I said, your using asio so its different. Hmm... this one has me stumped

Thanks for trying.

I really hope somebody can answer this for me.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-26 09:02:45

Does you mic work fine when you use it with another program, like audacity?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-26 11:36:09

At 8/26/08 09:02 AM, Rawmin wrote: Does you mic work fine when you use it with another program, like audacity?

Ya it works fine... it even works fine in FL when I use an Edison Clip, or something like that. I just can't get live play. - IE in my "in" area i can't select ASIO4ALL. And when I change my settings in Audio to my old sound card, it doesn't give me any options at that point either.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-26 11:44:10

Strange, with ASIO is usually the only driver that works with the mic.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-26 12:57:23

I would try asking this over at the flstudio.com forums, since at least one of the actual programmers will answer your question, if no one else can. If you do get an answer, could you post it here, I'd be intreged to see how you did it

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-27 01:36:16

is there a way to where I can just take the music out and laeve the person singin musicless with FL XXL7?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-27 23:19:38

somebody needs to make a video tutorial start to finish of a decent trance/techno song - and have it engineered for beginners new to FL.. Ive been watching stuff on Youtube but nothing really shows what im looking for.. basically from creating some randomness on a MIDI controller/keyboard and then creating the bassline and then tossing in some synths, maybe even a vocoder with an acapella?? anybody up for this task? if so PM me!

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-28 15:41:26

At 8/27/08 01:36 AM, t-bone88 wrote: is there a way to where I can just take the music out and laeve the person singin musicless with FL XXL7?

Can anyone answer this?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-28 16:10:23

At 8/28/08 03:41 PM, t-bone88 wrote:
At 8/27/08 01:36 AM, t-bone88 wrote: is there a way to where I can just take the music out and laeve the person singin musicless with FL XXL7?
Can anyone answer this?

the answer is no, you'll need an audio editer for that. or maybe a special plugin, not even sure if its entirely possible.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-28 19:31:14

At 8/28/08 04:10 PM, S3C wrote:
At 8/28/08 03:41 PM, t-bone88 wrote:
Can anyone answer this?
the answer is no, you'll need an audio editer for that. or maybe a special plugin, not even sure if its entirely possible.

Actually it is with tons of Eqing. I don't know exactly how to do it but there are tutorials that tell you how to do it. You have to Eq the shit out of the song to only get the frequency that vocals are on. It wont elimate the backround noise completely, but yeah.

Wat

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-28 20:29:57

You can do it with phase cancellation, but it's pretty difficult and complicated, and usually doesn't work completely. It's best to just search for the original recording of the acapella.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-29 14:20:26

ahh never knew that Envy and xKore.

anyways, I have two questions, that I should have asked ages ago.

1. 32nd and 64th notes- is there a way to get these note values without dequantitizing and adjusting the notes manually?

2. Whenever I sample something, export the sample as a .wav, reimport into FL studio, the sample's quality is noticeably lower. Why and how do I fix this?

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-29 18:16:30

At 8/29/08 02:20 PM, S3C wrote: ahh never knew that Envy and xKore.

anyways, I have two questions, that I should have asked ages ago.

1. 32nd and 64th notes- is there a way to get these note values without dequantitizing and adjusting the notes manually?

Go to "Snap" in the Piano Roll (in the same bar where the pencil and brush are, look for a grid icon) and set that to 1/2 step to be able to stretch notes by 32nd-note increments, or 1/4 step for 64th-note increments. You set it to Main if you want to - then the Snap at the top of FL will determine the snap in the Piano Roll. ;)

2. Whenever I sample something, export the sample as a .wav, reimport into FL studio, the sample's quality is noticeably lower. Why and how do I fix this?

In the Sampler/Audio Clip Pattern box, find the "Normalize" option above the Waveform in the SMP tab (I believe that's what it is, I don't have FL right now to check). That should do the trick.

Thanks!

No problem, hope this helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-30 16:42:43

thanks karco, it worked :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-31 10:31:06

At 4/8/05 09:00 PM, RageVI wrote: And I, or anyone else who wishes to, will try and answer them.

Do we have a deal?

how can i pt more loops
I have that default(16)

my cool webClick here to enter the Web

my cool forumClick here to enter

my cool youtube channelClick here.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-08-31 16:03:44

Oh wow.

Running Reason through ReWire in FL Studio 8, how does one stack multiple synths/samplers in Reason so that they can be controlled through the different midi channels in Fruity Loops?

I know this can be done, I also know nobody has answered this question properly on any forum I've been to, and neither Image Line or Propellerhead's support staff like talking about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-05 00:05:36

Is there a way to add swing to the piano roll? I know you can adjust the level of swing in the step sequencer, but that only affects notes not in piano roll...is there some way to make the piano roll notes have swing as well?

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2008-09-05 00:07:39

At 9/5/08 12:05 AM, Gloudas wrote: Is there a way to add swing to the piano roll? I know you can adjust the level of swing in the step sequencer, but that only affects notes not in piano roll...is there some way to make the piano roll notes have swing as well?

You could try just switching the steps to 1/3 or 1/6 beat and drawing it in like that.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature