• 6,517 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 17th, 2008 @ 06:37 PM Reply

Go up to the top tool bar and I think its.

Tools>Macros>Prepare for Midi Export.

Then export as a midi.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
Wat

bucher
bucher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2008 @ 12:03 AM Reply

I'm running FL 8, and I'm trying to figure out how to change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4. I'm new to fruity loops and music in general, but I think that's how you would say what I'm trying to do.

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 18th, 2008 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 8/18/08 12:03 AM, bucher wrote: I'm running FL 8, and I'm trying to figure out how to change the time signature from 4/4 to 3/4. I'm new to fruity loops and music in general, but I think that's how you would say what I'm trying to do.

Go to "Options > Project general settings", and you'll be able to set the time signature to whatever you want.

ZOMGBIE
ZOMGBIE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 12:59 PM Reply

I have a problem getting a real heavy, bassy kick without killing the rest of the track. Every time I try to put some extra "oomf" in it, the oomf just drowns out the rest of the song. I've tried compressors and whatnot, but that doesn't seem to help enough. What am I doing wrong?

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 03:54 PM Reply

At 8/19/08 12:59 PM, ZOMGBIE wrote: I have a problem getting a real heavy, bassy kick without killing the rest of the track. Every time I try to put some extra "oomf" in it, the oomf just drowns out the rest of the song. I've tried compressors and whatnot, but that doesn't seem to help enough. What am I doing wrong?

Apparently, you're trying to put too much oomf into it.

Wat

Mad-Muppet
Mad-Muppet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 06:54 PM Reply

I want my synth lead to go from low-pitched to high-pitched smoothly, in around 5 seconds. How can i do this?

Kirlian Choices

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 19th, 2008 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 8/19/08 06:54 PM, Mad-Muppet wrote: I want my synth lead to go from low-pitched to high-pitched smoothly, in around 5 seconds. How can i do this?

If you wanted to, maybe you could create an automation clip with the "pitch" knob, if you're using a VST native to FL. Right click on the knob, and choose "create an automation clip", then using the line that appears, stretch it out to whatever length you want, and make it start from whatever low-pitched sound you want to the high-pitched sound.

If it's not a VST native to FL that won't allow you to create an automation clip like that, maybe you could try applying a band-pass or high-pass filter, and then using an automation clip on the filter's frequency. That will not get you the same sound as a pitchbend though, but it might be sort of close to something you're looking for.

ragingmullet
ragingmullet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 20th, 2008 @ 12:39 AM Reply

I admit I am a huge noob. I am still learning how to use the FLstudios, and I can't figure out for the life of me how get things to not ring out forever. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

GronmonSE
GronmonSE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 20th, 2008 @ 08:52 PM Reply

At 8/20/08 12:39 AM, ragingmullet wrote: I admit I am a huge noob. I am still learning how to use the FLstudios, and I can't figure out for the life of me how get things to not ring out forever. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Think you could explain that better and be a bit more specific? If you mean when you press Stop on FL and it keeps playing an echo, that's normal, press Stop again. Not sure what you're referring to though.

@New-Milkman: So that's how automation clips work...I always wondered about those.

I have two questions of my own.

How exactly do you use the Send spaces in the Mixer?

And, how can you make your own percussion set with the pieces you want using a single channel?

New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 8/20/08 08:52 PM, GronmonSE wrote:
At 8/20/08 12:39 AM, ragingmullet wrote: I admit I am a huge noob. I am still learning how to use the FLstudios, and I can't figure out for the life of me how get things to not ring out forever. Any help would be awesome, thanks.
Think you could explain that better and be a bit more specific? If you mean when you press Stop on FL and it keeps playing an echo, that's normal, press Stop again. Not sure what you're referring to though.

@New-Milkman: So that's how automation clips work...I always wondered about those.

Yeah, after this tutorial from Warbeats.com, Automation clips became a lot more clear (and figured out some stiff I didn't know you could do with them).

I have two questions of my own.

How exactly do you use the Send spaces in the Mixer?

I'm actually not too sure on how to use the Send spaces, but with quick experimentation, I just made a channel linked to Mixer Slot 1, and sent it to "Send 1" by right clicking the little arrow under the slider and picking "Route to this channel only". Then you can send as many FX slots as you want to that "Send" channel.

I'm not too sure if that's how you're supposed to use those though, because I usually do the same thing with the regular "Insert" channels.

And, how can you make your own percussion set with the pieces you want using a single channel?

If you wanted to, you could create a quick pattern that just contains all the drums you want to use in the set. Something like a pattern "kick, snare, hi-hat, clap", without having any interference with the sound waves. Then make sure the "PAT" button is turned on, and export as a WAV file. Because PAT is selected, it will export only the pattern as a WAV file. Then you can open up the WAV file with a slicer (Fruity Slicer or SliceX), and you should be free to put a drum pattern together in one piano roll window.

Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 05:55 AM Reply

RagingMullet- do you mean your sound rings out after a note ends? This can possibly be solved by just lowering the release time on the (or a) volume envelope. If you tell me what synth you're using I can tell you exactly where to go.

Milkman- creating beats in the step sequencer is a nice quick way of making beats but if you want to make a more complex rhyhtm that utilizes 32nd notes or an irregular pattern you're going to have to use the piano roll. Another way is too just load up the samples into FPC through the layer properties tab. step sequencer is efficient, but FPC is technically a method of getting all your samples in one channel :P

GronmonSE
GronmonSE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 21st, 2008 @ 08:13 PM Reply

Thanks for the link, New Milk-Man. I'll check it out in a sec. I've been doing stuff the long way, editing Events :/

I think I read somewhere that Send spaces are used to save RAM. For example, rather than adding effects to every single mixer slot, you just link them to the Send space. However, I don't find it all that useful, it gives you less individual control.

@S3C: Well, guess I'll have to use that.

ragingmullet
ragingmullet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 22nd, 2008 @ 01:57 AM Reply

Thanks soooo much guys. To be specific, what I was talking about is so many things continue ringing out forever and I couldn't figure out how to fade it out or stop it altogether. I will be sure to check out that link. Once again thanks so much.

t-bone88
t-bone88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 23rd, 2008 @ 10:21 AM Reply

is there a way to where I can just take the music out and laeve the person singin musicless with FL XXL7?

BBS Signature
ganon95
ganon95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 24th, 2008 @ 08:28 PM Reply

im having a wierd problem. in my new song (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/
) theres a lead synth that comes in at 0:45 and keeps going till the end of the song. it sounded nice and loud like i wanted it to when in fruity loops but when i converted to mp3 it can barely be heard. anyone know how to fix this?

Sp1r1T
Sp1r1T
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 24th, 2008 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 8/24/08 08:28 PM, ganon95 wrote: im having a wierd problem. in my new song (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/
167593) theres a lead synth that comes in at 0:45 and keeps going till the end of the song. it sounded nice and loud like i wanted it to when in fruity loops but when i converted to mp3 it can barely be heard. anyone know how to fix this?

EQ The Synth or the whole song witht he Parametric EQ 2. Push the higher bands up until you get it how you like, but you have to make sure everything else is sounding like it should.

BBS Signature
ganon95
ganon95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 24th, 2008 @ 11:39 PM Reply

spirit, i did that and it didn't work, the synth sounds fine when being played in fruity loops but when i convert to mp3 you can barely hear it

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 24th, 2008 @ 11:54 PM Reply

Make sure everythign else isnt too loud. Turn down the other synths and to make it louder turn up the project file...

Wat

ganon95
ganon95
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 24th, 2008 @ 11:55 PM Reply

i cant turn it up any more, its already at the max

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 24th, 2008 @ 11:57 PM Reply

Well then thats your problem... Turn it down. Make sure you aren't just trying to make it loud.

Wat

Sanryd
Sanryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 01:29 AM Reply

Need Help with Mic.

So I've already installed ASIO4ALL.

The problem I have is using my mic in the "input area" of "the mixer". Picture is included so no imagination nessecary.

What I'm trying to do is real time usage of the vocoder. Channel 12 (or whatever) needs to have mic input (live) and Channel 13 has "carrier" (Some sweet harsh synths), and channel 14 has Vocoder with channels 12 and 13 running through them (Channel 12 left pan, Channel 13 right pan)... So then easy to use happy Vocoder -Which might I add works fine to record my voice and run it through the channels as described. - I record my voice by clicking on the dam mic icon and making a Clip. Seems to work just fine that way, but I need it live!... or so it seems. (It would make experimenting a lot easier).

I've tried all the different options given to me, no sound.

IDEAS?

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

Sanryd
Sanryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 01:31 AM Reply

At 8/24/08 11:55 PM, ganon95 wrote: i cant turn it up any more, its already at the max

Turn down other sounds.... COMPRESS MOAR MAYBE? You can always compress moar!

Alchemist94
Alchemist94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 08:20 AM Reply

Hai guys ;)

Is there a way to have more than one time signature in one song? Like have a song that starts in one time signature then switch.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 11:13 AM Reply

At 8/25/08 08:20 AM, Alchemist94 wrote: Hai guys ;)

Is there a way to have more than one time signature in one song? Like have a song that starts in one time signature then switch.

Not that I know of besides switching the spacing in between the notes. I think it's swing session that I did that. (My song). It's in 4/4 but sounds 4/3

Wat

Alchemist94
Alchemist94
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 01:36 PM Reply

Ok thanks!

htp
htp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 02:53 PM Reply

I know I'm gonna sound like a total idiot here, but I have tried everything I can think of, and even followed your instructions:

I am having the exact same issue, but let me be a bit more specific. I have started two beats, and even extended the bars.

However, it will cut off after the first run through.

So, I read the previous comments u posted, and I saw that I needed to extend the pattern. So, I believe I have done that, but here is my issue:

I started off with a basic beat, then I wanna add a lil piano to it, and build up for three 16 bar verses and four hooks.

My first part is done I guess, so how do I add to it, without loosing what I already did? Do I need to create a brand new one from scratch, and if so, how will that work?

Or, is it as simple as doing an additional pattern? And if this is the case, how do I do that?

Lastly, I know how to go to FL keys and access the piano. But, I don't have a midi board, and the keyboard is not working when it comes to using the piano. Since it is hard as hell to do on the mouse, how can I do this?.

Thanks sooooo much for any help. I am goin crazy with all this.

Envy
Envy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 04:01 PM Reply

At 8/25/08 02:53 PM, htp wrote: I know I'm gonna sound like a total idiot here, but I have tried everything I can think of, and even followed your instructions:

Don't worry about it, we're here to help.

I am having the exact same issue, but let me be a bit more specific. I have started two beats, and even extended the bars.

ok.

However, it will cut off after the first run through.

Is it a premade loop? Because some loops only go for 1 measure.

So, I read the previous comments u posted, and I saw that I needed to extend the pattern. So, I believe I have done that, but here is my issue:

I started off with a basic beat, then I wanna add a lil piano to it, and build up for three 16 bar verses and four hooks.

My first part is done I guess, so how do I add to it, without loosing what I already did? Do I need to create a brand new one from scratch, and if so, how will that work?
Or, is it as simple as doing an additional pattern? And if this is the case, how do I do that?

Create a new pattern! On the playlist there are a bunch of numbers on the side from 1- 1 zillion or whatever. Click on a new one and start your new pattern from there!

Lastly, I know how to go to FL keys and access the piano. But, I don't have a midi board, and the keyboard is not working when it comes to using the piano. Since it is hard as hell to do on the mouse, how can I do this?.

Right click on the piano and select "send to piano roll" theres your own personal little keyboard to work with.

Thanks sooooo much for any help. I am goin crazy with all this.

:D

Wat

Suspended-3rd-Chord
Suspended-3rd-Chord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 05:23 PM Reply

At 8/25/08 11:13 AM, Envy wrote:
At 8/25/08 08:20 AM, Alchemist94 wrote: Hai guys ;)

Not that I know of besides switching the spacing in between the notes. I think it's swing session that I did that. (My song). It's in 4/4 but sounds 4/3

other than that method you can change the bars per beat in different patterns and just simply adjust the upper left window in the step sequencer, but you cannot change the actual beat in the time signature. EG you can switch between 4/4 and 3/4 and 7/4 and whatever but not 4/4 and 6/8.

Sanryd
Sanryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 09:26 PM Reply

Can anyone help with my question up above?

Rawmin
Rawmin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Aug. 25th, 2008 @ 10:51 PM Reply

At 8/25/08 09:26 PM, Sanryd wrote: Can anyone help with my question up above?

I had the same problem on my old computer, it seems that the fl mixer doesn't let you select your soundcard, which is where your mic input is. The only thing I can suggest is to get the latest drivers for your sound card, and see if it works

BBS Signature