New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jhalkompwdr
Jhalkompwdr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 08:08:07 Reply

It's people like you, you fruityloops using scumbags, that the audio portal hasn't been liberated, and that this thread (http://newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=259642) got locked.

TenchuX
TenchuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 08:15:12 Reply

At 4/22/05 08:04 AM, Khuskan wrote: I got a question.

Why use fruitloops when you can use real music software to origional results instead of limited sampling and beatbox meathods that produces pretty much the same style of music all the time.

Did ParagonX9, probably the most acclaimed music artist on the AP use fruityloops? No he did not. He used Reason 2.5. I use Reason 3.0, both of which are software which requires reasonable ammounts of musical knowledge to even get started in the first place.

Ok I appreciate its easy to use, and i'll even appreciate that not everyone is comfortable with Reasons hefty £600 price tag, bu t as far as I see it, any program where you dont actually have to be able to play an instrument isnt a decent piece of music software.

Fruityloops is to audio what Swish is to flash. Cheap.

FL is cheap all alone...It is a crafting tool. I use it and I'm able to get good results out of it. Also, not all songs made with FL are generic beatbox songs. Czer323's Techno Fun5 Fixed is a great example of what can be done with FL; and thats an old song. I'm not saying Reason is bad at all. It is a superb program. One that I will use in conjunction with Cubase SX 3 when I wire them into FL. But FL is a lot better than most people think, it just depends on how well you know how to use it and that plugins you have.

TenchuX
TenchuX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 08:18:18 Reply

At 4/22/05 08:08 AM, Jhalkompwdr wrote: It's people like you, you fruityloops using scumbags, that the audio portal hasn't been liberated, and that this thread (http://newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=259642) got locked.

Ummmmm saying FL using scumbags isn't cool at all....aside from your hrash remark....I do agree 100% with what you had in your link about the AP needing blamming and stuff as well as reviews counting.

Jhalkompwdr
Jhalkompwdr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 08:23:34 Reply

Stand up for the audio portal liberation! All the moderators are against me!

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 09:09:49 Reply

I agree that fruityloops can be quite powerful, when coupled with sample creating tools, but i'm just one of those people firmly against using other people samples. As to provide for a balenced argument, i've seen windows sound recorder used to amazing potential before.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 09:18:29 Reply

get soundfonts - with the right filters applied you can make awesome music with them. The fl studio preset instruments are ok but they are sorta limited. I also use Reason 2.5 as well - but i use both programs - and i find that some of my soundfonts are just as good - or better than, reason's refill packs.

and who doesnt like beatbox beats? (Im a beat. Box. Rocker. And your dancing to my beat..)

also dont insult people that dont use real instruments please? Some people cant afford instruments or just cant play them. Its like an artist dissing a computer animator - both make art - they just use different methods.

remember children its not how big it is its how you use it!

Rage
Rage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Game Developer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 11:15:12 Reply

You're an idiot. You obviously don't know what Fruityloops is really capable of being used for.

I use Fruityloops as a ReWire client master to Reason 3.0, and even Cubase SX 3.

I use Fruiyloops to control external hardware, such as my Yamaha Clavinova CVP-207.

However, because you're so blindly against the use of this program, you automatically assume that only people who suck use it.

Well guess what ,YOU suck, for being so ignorant about the capabilities of audio software. I use Reason, Fruityloops, and Cubase all the time, and they're all not that hard at all if you know how to use audio software.

Each program, in itself, including Reason, doesn't take you that far in itself. If you really want to get further, you find more resources, such as VST plugins (WHICH, BY THE WAY, REASON DOESN'T SUPPORT. WHAT A HUGE CON THERE), hardware, etc.

Don't go around posting stupid petitions and arguing with random people, proclaiming yourself as an audio expert, when you have unfathomable distances yet to go before being justified in such aimless ranting.

BBS Signature
DJRunaway
DJRunaway
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 11:59:38 Reply

Long, Boring Story Here

And still, I have a recorddeal and you don't. And on top of that, I use Fruity Loops. What now, n00b? Gonne tell me I have no musical knowledge? :)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 13:16:45 Reply

You tyell him guys! And yes i mean tyell - tell him by screaming in his face what an idiot he is.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-22 21:47:25 Reply

Why use fruitloops when you can use real music software to origional results instead of limited sampling and beatbox meathods that produces pretty much the same style of music all the time.

Did ParagonX9, probably the most acclaimed music artist on the AP use fruityloops? No he did not. He used Reason 2.5. I use Reason 3.0, both of which are software which requires reasonable ammounts of musical knowledge to even get started in the first place.

Khuskan;

I can´t by any means agree to what u´ve said here. U use Reason, so do I.. Reason aint that damn complicated, the first program I learned was FastTracker2, from scratch all by myself. THAT was complicated. Reason was easy compared to that, not saying that I´m an expert on reason, but I know how to make a tune :D

People use different software for different reasons, I use reason and I am learning cubase. I have never tried out FL, but im sure there are many advantages (except the price tag), since many people decide to go for tha program. And as for producing
same style of music, it´s not the program that decides what preset´s/samples u wanna use, u do. Correct me if im wrong though, like i said i have no knowledge of FL. As for Reason, I use the soundbanks included as little as possible. More fun using the synths and making your "own" sounds. But that´s up to the individual. Not everyone has the time to do learn that stuff.

Anyway, this thread is for asking questions about FL and I assume that means mainly TECHNICAL questions, so u wont see any more posts by me here (probably). So lets end the bullshit-crap posts here and take the thread seiously. U asked y use FL, think again and there are plenty of reasons to do so.

Anyone who´s got good knowledge of other progs should start up similiar threads for other progs. U feel an urge to help other reason-users, Khuskan? :)

/Rucklo

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Metaleks
Metaleks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-04-23 16:38:12 Reply

Ok I appreciate its easy to use, and i'll even appreciate that not everyone is comfortable with Reasons hefty £600 price tag, bu t as far as I see it, any program where you dont actually have to be able to play an instrument isnt a decent piece of music software.

People who use FL may and in most chances play a real instrument. You don't see any noob just creating a great piece in FL studio. Most people know the piano, drums and guitar for that matter. These instruments should and most likely will help when creating your music in FL studio.

FL isnt cheap. You are.

JonH2O
JonH2O
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 03:17:34 Reply

I have a few questions about Fruity Loops:

What is/are VSTi?
What does it stand for?
What am I missing out on by not using Fruity Loops with Reason Wired to it?
How would I go abouts doing this?

At 4/23/05 04:38 PM, Metaleks wrote: FL isnt cheap. You are.

I thought Fruity Loops was like... $50.

Myspace | Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back

BBS Signature
PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 10:46:21 Reply

I need help i know its probelly simple but

but all my songs are in a pattern format and then when I try to make it a song nothing ever play's how do I turn the pattern into a song.

And is there a big difference between them??

Pandora-Tranquil
Pandora-Tranquil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 18:59:05 Reply

omfg pwned

only people who are too lazy to learn the power of fruityloops say it sucks

rawr.

BBS Signature
Pandora-Tranquil
Pandora-Tranquil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 19:03:18 Reply

At 6/8/05 10:46 AM, PiePie wrote: I need help i know its probelly simple but

but all my songs are in a pattern format and then when I try to make it a song nothing ever play's how do I turn the pattern into a song.

And is there a big difference between them??

u make a pattern, then you open the playlist, and u click next to the pattern u jus did.

that puts it on a playlist so you can have multiple patterns play at once and at different times.

click song next to the play button to play or hear the song, click pat to play or hear the pattern.

this goes with saving the song as .mp3 as well.

rawr.

BBS Signature
Rage
Rage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Game Developer
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 19:04:42 Reply

At 6/8/05 03:17 AM, JonH2O wrote:
What is/are VSTi?
What does it stand for?

VST stands for Virtual Studio Technology. Generally, VSTs are used as plugins, and since they are standardized, they can be used in a large variety of programs. Most VSTs are synthesizers and effects, but there are many that are sequencers or drum machines. Remember, these can be used as plugins, so you can use them within programs, like Fruityloops (For example, if you have a VST synthesizer, you could load it in to Fruityloops and use it just like FL's native synthesizers, like the 3xOSC, TS404, Wasp, etc.). There are several threads in this forum dedicated to listing VSTs that are favored by users here.

What am I missing out on by not using Fruity Loops with Reason Wired to it?
How would I go abouts doing this?

The only thing you're really missing out on is using Reason itself. Reason, like Fruityloops, is a full-blown music program. When ReWired to Fruitylooops, it drastically increases your capabilities because it can be controlled by Fruityloops while maintaining full functionality in itself.

At 4/23/05 04:38 PM, Metaleks wrote: FL isnt cheap. You are.
I thought Fruity Loops was like... $50.

It depends on what version you buy. There is a listing of all the different versions on Fruityloops's website.

BBS Signature
Pandora-Tranquil
Pandora-Tranquil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 19:09:27 Reply

some question, idiot

Why use fruitloops when you can use real music software to origional results instead
of limited sampling and beatbox meathods that produces pretty much the same style
of music all the time.

why dont you stop using samples and use synths like a REAL music producer.
and if you knew anything about fruityloops youd know it has more than enough capabilitys to handle almost every genre of music. i could name somone who is good at their catagory of music for every catagory that uses fruityloops.

Did ParagonX9, probably the most acclaimed music artist on the AP use fruityloops?
No he did not. He used Reason 2.5. I use Reason 3.0, both of which are software which requires : :reasonable ammounts of musical knowledge to even get started in the first place.

who the fuck cares about paragon, why dont you take a look at B0UNC3. he uses fruityloops.

You dont have to be able to play an instrument to use reason u moron.

who the fuck cares how much it costs, its still as good if not better than the other programs.

rawr.

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-08 21:04:49 Reply

well i have the question of the ages for you, how do you undo live recording in a pattern, after you have saved it and there is no way to undo it in the history?

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 09:57:04 Reply

Im making a song and well its really fast with lots of bass and stuff but when I add a sound it doesn't really go loud enough like you don't hear it at all so then the song just loses it beat and then it sucks.

So is there any FX or something to make that certain sound louder??

I tried puting the other sound lower in volume but then it just messes up the song.

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 10:03:10 Reply

well, piepie, there is a way to increase the volume of a certian sound, but if you do do that, there is a chance your sound will clip and ruin the song, so the solution to this, is first, go to the fx channel of the sound you want louder, and merely move the volume slider for that channel up, or if its still not loud enough, the volume of fx channels are stackABLE

let me explain. ay you want a kick louder, right? first put the kick in say, fx no. 6 k, then on the fx for no. 6, at the bottom of the fx box, there should be a dropdown list that says "output", click that list and selest no. 7 for example. then turn the volume up for channel 6.and the voluyme ofthe sound will go up, then turn the channel 7 volume up, and you can keep repeating this, just make sure the final channel at the end, has its output set to the master channel-

now, about clipping that comes from very lud sounds.

go to the master channel and select the fx "fruity parametric EQ" and mess around with that a bit, for that fx is your friend..., and finally if you screw it up bad, just select another fx where the eq is, the reselect eq to set it to default*

hope that helped

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 10:32:19 Reply

At 6/9/05 10:03 AM, Bjra wrote: go to the master channel and select the fx "fruity parametric EQ" and mess around with that a bit, for that fx is your friend..., and finally if you screw it up bad, just select another fx where the eq is, the reselect eq to set it to default*

hope that helped

ok well now it's louder it's just its to scartchy had do I make everything smooth but loud, I tried fruity parametric Eq and it didnt do much???

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 10:35:38 Reply

well you got to move the levers on the eq around, the eq worksd by maing certian frequencies more prevalent.

the left side levers are for bas, and the rioght side levers are for treeble try moving them around and see if it works wwell, or if all else fails add a fruity soft cliper on the channel with the louder sounds

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 13:05:00 Reply

Bjra everything's a mess I worked for like 3 hours staright Im not in the mood I will leave it for an other day.

It just kept on clipping and I could not find the frutiy soft clipper.....

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 13:30:16 Reply

dont give up dude, its called the "soft clipper" and its an fx, it doesnt have fruity in fornt of it sorry, if you want, email me the flp and ill see if i can fix the clipping for you, i didnt mean to mess up your song... :(

bjra@adelphia.net

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 13:37:08 Reply

Deal bjra I will send it to you but you better not steal it and claim it as your own evoltionary song of teh century.....

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 13:50:26 Reply

man piepie, the only thing wrong with this song is you put a fast dist on the master channel, thats a nono, ill add some cool fx too, and ship it back to u LOL :p

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 14:31:24 Reply

Hmmm...why didnt you ask me?Thought i was the FL vet "omfg pwnzor" on here...*jk*

Remove the master compressor and replace it with a parametric eq.......

The master compressor fucks the song up in its original state, so either change it or remove it...

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 14:39:22 Reply

goddamit i couldnt modify your song, becuase i only hve the demo of fl on this comp, but i sent you an email, go read it :p

PiePie
PiePie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-09 14:52:46 Reply

Done the song thanks bjra and well bounc3 i tried your thing but it wasn't as kool so thanks anyway's.

Excellent I thought I would of never finished it....

JeremysFilms
JeremysFilms
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-19 20:50:18 Reply

How do I reduce echo?