• 6,542 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Talin-Ronyo
Talin-Ronyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 05:21 PM Reply

At 3/8/06 11:15 PM, ZenonPi wrote:
At 3/8/06 10:21 PM, Talin_Ronyo wrote: I've been using FL Studio 6 for a week or so now, but there's one thing (along with others, I'm sure) I still need to figure out-

How do you change the tempo in the middle of a song? I've checked a few tutorials but I haven't seen anything about it so far. I'll keep looking until I get an answer...
Create an automation on your tempo, move it around, the tempo changes, viola.
You can also do the same with turning FX on and off, changing the pitch in the song, master volume, etc.

Well I figured out a different way (props to random right-clicking :P) but I'm guessing I'll want a better way in the future.... like the one you just told me. One problem-

I don't know how to make automations either. :| What are they for, what can they do, and how do you make them?

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 05:24 PM Reply

I have already answered the automation clips question. Check a couple pages back. Its too much writing to re-type.

Talin-Ronyo
Talin-Ronyo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 3/10/06 05:24 PM, ZenonPi wrote: I have already answered the automation clips question. Check a couple pages back. Its too much writing to re-type.

lol ok I'll check that. What page would it be on?

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 10th, 2006 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 3/10/06 05:41 PM, Talin_Ronyo wrote:
At 3/10/06 05:24 PM, ZenonPi wrote: I have already answered the automation clips question. Check a couple pages back. Its too much writing to re-type.
lol ok I'll check that. What page would it be on?

Its on page 6, somewhere in the middle. It shows you how to make an automation clip on a filter. Just apply that same principle to other things.

burst-the-echidna
burst-the-echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 05:02 PM Reply

So whats the best kirby game ever?

mhb
mhb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 05:08 PM Reply

denvish. burst the echidna is an alt account to get around a ban. if you see this post do what you do whatever it is.

my youtube.
click it.

BBS Signature
burst-the-echidna
burst-the-echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 07:23 PM Reply

Oh, I get it. Fruity loops is a remix software. But I still wan't my question anwered.

burst-the-echidna
burst-the-echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 11th, 2006 @ 07:25 PM Reply

Wait, I am not an alt. account and aren't you the guy who helped me with my audio remix problem?

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 15th, 2006 @ 01:18 PM Reply

does anyone know how to do a fade it/out which goes from one speaker to the other???

BBS Signature
Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 15th, 2006 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 3/15/06 01:18 PM, TJA wrote: does anyone know how to do a fade it/out which goes from one speaker to the other???

I don't even use FL, but I can almost garuntee you that the effect you want is done via automating panning, which can probably be done by FL's version of a mixing desk.

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 15th, 2006 @ 02:04 PM Reply

At 3/15/06 01:59 PM, Khuskan wrote: I don't even use FL, but I can almost garuntee you that the effect you want is done via automating panning, which can probably be done by FL's version of a mixing desk.

ill see...

BBS Signature
young-prodigy1
young-prodigy1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 16th, 2006 @ 04:58 PM Reply

Ok I'm a noob here, but I have been using FL for about 2 mo's. Anyway pretty soon I think I will lose my mind because the FL program suddenly crashed and does not open anymore. Luckily I backed up all my work and files, I even tried reinstalling it but to no avail. I realize this should be directed to the FL site but I tried that also and there no technical problems similar to the one I've encountered. I am running the program on win2003 server, which I never had a problem with before. If anyone had a similar issue or has some valuable information I would appreciate your help. I would like to be apart of NG and post some of my work.

Young_Prodigy@verizon.net

lustforpain
lustforpain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 17th, 2006 @ 08:43 AM Reply

Is there a good plugin available for making the final mix as good as possible since the regular plugins for lame-ass mastering aren't good @ all. I have resources to do this in a studio, but I was just thinking that is it possible to make a good mix of the track before taking in to the studio.

And what is the latest version of FLStudio and is there a free update or a purchaseble one? I bought mine like an year ago, but I have been using Reason more, so I haven't been paying attention to the updates since their customer support isn't any good at all.

Internet is in danger |[]| Proof of the plans to destroy the internet.

BBS Signature
MetalSphere
MetalSphere
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 12:54 PM Reply

Put the sound channel you want the left/right fade onto its own fx channel. use the "Fruity Pan-o-matic" fx on said channel, play with the knobs until you get the desired effect.

hope this helps

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

PERVOK
PERVOK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 3/17/06 08:43 AM, oceanius wrote: Is there a good plugin available for making the final mix as good as possible

As good as fruityloops is, it is literally impossible to master anything perfectly with it, since, well, their mastering system isn't that great. Even though the that the newest version of FL suposedly has a better mastering system, im supposing that it still has glitches in it.

And what is the latest version of FLStudio and is there a free update or a purchaseble one?

You don't update FL...you buy the newest one. The newest is FL 6, and its not much better than FL 5, but since i don't have it, im just going to say the hype. I hear it has better mastering capabilites and its less harder on your CPU.

B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 3/16/06 04:58 PM, young_prodigy1 wrote: Omfg help....

What error message do you get?

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

MusicalRocky
MusicalRocky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 23rd, 2006 @ 05:54 PM Reply

Yes, I know I'm stupid, and I don't know if someone asked something like this, but...

I have no idea how to compose with FruityLoops, and I don't mean like drums (I don't know how to do that either), but like piano. How do I add instruments and compose with them?

I'm sorry I'm so dumb :(

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 24th, 2006 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 3/23/06 12:54 PM, MetalSphere wrote: Put the sound channel you want the left/right fade onto its own fx channel. use the "Fruity Pan-o-matic" fx on said channel, play with the knobs until you get the desired effect.

hope this helps

yeah it did thanks...

BBS Signature
LoneInstrumentalist
LoneInstrumentalist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 04:17 AM Reply

hmmmmmmm......

LoneInstrumentalist
LoneInstrumentalist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 04:19 AM Reply

sorry for x2 post, pushed "enter" by axidant (make new werds f iur bhored)

well, can u teach me how to make perfect love to fl6 xxl? X]

or is that trade secret :x

c(h)eellioxo~

lustforpain
lustforpain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 25th, 2006 @ 03:20 PM Reply

:At 3/23/06 02:16 PM, -ZENON- wrote:

You don't update FL...you buy the newest one. The newest is FL 6, and its not much better than FL 5, but since i don't have it, im just going to say the hype. I hear it has better mastering capabilites and its less harder on your CPU.

No, I'll just download the latest version of the main program from imageline.You see, if bought the online version a while back and it has the lifetime free updates - 29$ for boxed.

Internet is in danger |[]| Proof of the plans to destroy the internet.

BBS Signature
TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 29th, 2006 @ 04:42 AM Reply

hey guys how does the FL turntable work???

BBS Signature
WavyGravy
WavyGravy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Audiophile
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 29th, 2006 @ 06:23 AM Reply

At 3/23/06 05:54 PM, Musical_Rocky wrote: Yes, I know I'm stupid, and I don't know if someone asked something like this, but...

I have no idea how to compose with FruityLoops, and I don't mean like drums (I don't know how to do that either), but like piano. How do I add instruments and compose with them?

I'm sorry I'm so dumb :(

You could bring up the Piano Roll Window from a instrument and input bars at the corresponding keys. You would do well to experiment with that for lengths or I recommend getting a Composition program for making midi (Finale,Sibelius, etc.) if you perfer inputting notes via sheets.

Just experiment.

NG Review Moderator // Report Today!

BBS Signature
TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 29th, 2006 @ 11:10 AM Reply

sorry for noobish question but can i import a song into FL6 and edit it as i want to use the original and add/delete stuff right there and then not exporting and importing it using god-damn legit programs!!!

BBS Signature
GunsAreDrawn
GunsAreDrawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 30th, 2006 @ 03:12 PM Reply

As far as the use of the Keyboard as piano keys, is there any way that I can make FL record what keystrokes I hit?

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 30th, 2006 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 3/30/06 03:12 PM, HinesDaMan wrote: As far as the use of the Keyboard as piano keys, is there any way that I can make FL record what keystrokes I hit?

the record button at the top???

BBS Signature
GunsAreDrawn
GunsAreDrawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 30th, 2006 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 3/30/06 03:22 PM, TJA wrote:
At 3/30/06 03:12 PM, HinesDaMan wrote: As far as the use of the Keyboard as piano keys, is there any way that I can make FL record what keystrokes I hit?
the record button at the top???

I'm meant into the piano roll. And hitting the record button at the top doesn't work anyway. I'm not retarded.

GunsAreDrawn
GunsAreDrawn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 30th, 2006 @ 03:43 PM Reply

Oh yeah, and another question. When something is drawn in the piano roll, say like a second long segment, how would you cut and paste that? I cannot figure that out for the life of me, is there some trick you have to do when you select cut? When I do, Paste is never an option.

TjA
TjA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 30th, 2006 @ 04:52 PM Reply

hmm im not 100% sure on what you mean can u show screenshot and point out what you want help with...

BBS Signature
B0UNC3
B0UNC3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here Mar. 30th, 2006 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 3/30/06 03:43 PM, HinesDaMan wrote: Oh yeah, and another question. When something is drawn in the piano roll, say like a second long segment, how would you cut and paste that? I cannot figure that out for the life of me, is there some trick you have to do when you select cut? When I do, Paste is never an option.

I didn't read it all but I use
Ctrl + C = Copy
or
Ctrl + X = Cut
and
Ctrl + V = Paste

CenterWall | Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter