00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask your FruityLoops questions here

659,451 Views | 6,553 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-10-16 11:26:16

At 10/16/05 09:56 AM, MiX-MaztA-M8riX wrote:
At 10/2/05 02:56 PM, I_HATE_LIFE wrote: How do I envelope effects into the playlist on Fruityloops V5?
Im still tryin to figure that one out.

1: take the thing that you want to be FXed. IE: free filter freq
2: right click on the knob
3: select 'create automation clip'
a little sampler channel will then appear.
4: when its selected (which it automatically should be) left click on the bottom of the playlist.
5: click on the FX that you jsut put on the playlist and move around the little line, rightcicking to make a new line, and grabbing the little knobbish thing in the mniddle to make it bend.

i hope i helped.

oh, and automation clips and can be made with ANYTHING,
from volume, to FX, to pitch, to tempo....

if its a knob, you can auto clip it.

I'm Zenon. Stop giving me those weird looks when I have a different name :'(

And I'm submitting music on THIS account now! Check it out instead of on "ZENON" :O

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-01 10:10:16

At 4/9/05 05:17 PM, Denvish wrote:
At 4/9/05 04:03 PM, Acid-Rain wrote: When I try to extend the thingy where you place the beats..... it extend to a limited number.. it lasts like ten second, how do you make 3 minute songs?
1) Click the Playlist button (or press F5)
2) Add loops on the appropriate layer by left-clicking

I did that and it doesnt work, can i have more help, i made a song with the patterns thing, its in my audio as Pattern test, it is not 3 minutes long??? i dont get it

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-27 03:46:05

Bump.
This thread deserves it.

Wakka wakka

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-27 12:32:42

when i go to play my stuff i cant get any sound

wat do i do after putting in the things

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-27 13:10:10

At 11/27/05 03:46 AM, Rucklo wrote: Bump.
This thread deserves it.

Rucklo you and your memories...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-27 13:40:09

How can I use the mixer in FL 5 to effect a specific pattern or channel?
Just tell me if you don't understand my question.

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-27 15:58:53

when you get a plugin does it come in a cd, do you download it?

and if you download it what kind of file is it.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-27 20:51:44

Someone please answer my question. Which is above.

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-28 05:29:29

At 11/27/05 01:40 PM, Kasualty wrote: How can I use the mixer in FL 5 to effect a specific pattern or channel?
Just tell me if you don't understand my question.

You want a pattern to be fed into a mixer channel? You could route all the instruments in the pattern to a single channel in the mixer. Just click on the names of the instruments and choose the channel you want to route them to under "FX" in the window that pops up.

Wanna hear some fuckin fast guitar playing? CLICK HERE!

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-28 06:59:44

why FL isn't free ??? O-O

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-28 07:08:42

At 11/28/05 06:59 AM, Zielak wrote:
why FL isn't free ??? O-O

Because the people who made that program worked hard on it so you have to pay to keep there stomachs full...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-28 17:35:55

At 11/28/05 05:29 AM, metalcan wrote:
You want a pattern to be fed into a mixer channel? You could route all the instruments in the pattern to a single channel in the mixer. Just click on the names of the instruments and choose the channel you want to route them to under "FX" in the window that pops up.

I don't understand could you show me with pictures?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-28 22:40:36

Pie Pie or anyone else. I am useing the free version of Fruity Loops 5 I cannot make any of my songs longer because I cannot make the....(what is it called the weel whatever the thing in the middle of the screen is), I cannot make it longer to iinclude more things. Is this because of the free version or is there another way to make it longer. I dont know what to do.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-28 23:22:08

At 11/28/05 09:57 AM, Dr4GonFLy wrote: How do i, like open a plugin. I mean, in my case, i want to open the Fruity Peak Controller, where do i do that? I want to have that little window, so i can play with the knobs a little.

ok well first press F9 to get the mixer panel in. Then click on on FX you want it on if you want the plugin to go on everything then click mixer...

This reminds me of a question I asked when I was new. I think it was Chronamut who taught me the ways of the plugins...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-29 17:51:57

At 11/29/05 08:40 AM, Dr4GonFLy wrote: Thx. Dude, this stuff is complicated... How did u learn the basics, PiePie? Did u do it on ur own? I now know how the playlist works and what it does^^ YAY! Thank god i dont have "Reason" or anything....

well let me tell you a story

I was always a very lazy boy and from time to time I get this burst of energy to do stuff. So I started fl stop that after a week later because I would rather be watching tv. Then one day I got this energy boost and well I started again. Then I found out if I import some midi's to FL. I could play around with buttons and stuff.

Take a midi and play around with it you could get some good results.

But remember midi's are well uhm n00bish kind of to a certain extent.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-29 18:09:52

do you only need a mirciphone to make music?

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-29 18:18:56

At 11/29/05 06:09 PM, xthesnarfx wrote: do you only need a mirciphone to make music?

you need a mic to make voices...

you need software to make music or play guitar or something

Newbie Audio Survival Guide

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-29 20:28:01

At 11/28/05 10:40 PM, -SilverWolf- wrote: Pie Pie or anyone else. I am useing the free version of Fruity Loops 5 I cannot make any of my songs longer because I cannot make the....(what is it called the weel whatever the thing in the middle of the screen is), I cannot make it longer to iinclude more things. Is this because of the free version or is there another way to make it longer. I dont know what to do.

I dont have Fl 5 and I never tried the free version. but all you have do to make a song longer is open up piano roll and keep on going it never ends.

But im not sure what you want so I guessing what you have is the first sound on top the kick. what you want is the 2nd one the clap

by opening up piano roll right click the sound you want and click piano roll

I still don't know if this is what you want but o well.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-29 21:24:04

How does one create a piano roll with claps?

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-11-29 21:30:23

At 11/29/05 09:24 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: How does one create a piano roll with claps?

I don't get it just right click on clap and open up piano roll.

Ah come on all your fruityloops experts you guys should be helping with these questions. Im not even good in FL and im answering them...

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 18:04:51

Can some one please explain filters and what they do

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 18:15:00

At 12/3/05 06:04 PM, QBsFinest wrote: Can some one please explain filters and what they do

piepie, i think ill try my hand at answering this one.

filters are an effect which take the frequency of of the instrument and change it.
if you open it up, on default the freq. will be like, 1300 or soemthing.
notice how its all blurry n shit.
turn the frequency up and down, and it gets blurry and unblurry.

if you use FL 5 (which i recommend you do), you can take the frequency knob (the thingy you turn) and right click, and from the little drop down bar, it says 'create automation clip'

after you make it, there should be a little automation channel that appears.
then, after you select the automation channel, you can take the filter channel and fuck around with it, making the sound blur in and out.

have a look:

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 19:07:11

I know you sont have Fl Studio 5 but any advise would be great.

I want to know how to compress my music. I cant figure it out even though I read it in the audio portal.

By the way what version of fruity Loops do you have.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 21:34:24

At 12/3/05 07:07 PM, -SilverWolf- wrote: I know you sont have Fl Studio 5 but any advise would be great.

I want to know how to compress my music. I cant figure it out even though I read it in the audio portal.

when you export the song change the bitrate level down a couple nothes...

it is the little arrow thingy that is orange when click

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 21:36:21

Pardon the newbieness --

I followed the tutorial directions for how to input an audio clip in FL5. However, when I put in the song (a full wav file) when I try to play it, either a) the program will automatically cut off the song before it ends (will stop playing in the middle of a measure for example) or b) if I click on square in the playlist or something the program just repeats the first measure of the song.... and then starts the loop in an overlap over the next measure, on and on and on. I've tried this with a number of different wav files.

How do I insert a wav file in FL such that the whole song plays?

<|> TritoneAngel <|>

<|> Visit TritoneAngel Audio for guitar-centric rock, metal, VG, jazz & classical songs.

<|> Newest TritoneAngel Audio: Clockwork (submitted 12/8/08)

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 22:08:21

How would I make an automation clip of my pattern panning from left to right?

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 22:19:39

At 12/3/05 10:08 PM, QBsFinest wrote: How would I make an automation clip of my pattern panning from left to right?

on the master effect on you effect channel, open up the effect 'fruity panoOmatic' then on the effect, right click the knob that says 'pan' over it (in the top left hand corner) then make the automation clip from that knob.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-03 22:38:40

I have one more for you. Im making a song with slayer using powerchords. when the pattern with the slayer ends, the hold on the slayer carries over to the next pattern. How can i stop that from happening and keep the hold on the slayer channel? I hope that makes sense.

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-05 21:20:59

When I import a beat to slice for a remix or sample, it usually sounds fine until a certain point where there is a loud explosion sound and then silence after it. What is that?

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature

Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-12-06 19:15:00

Don't tell me im the only one who gets that.

Do NOT click the siggy

BBS Signature