New Topic Respond to this Topic
Psybot
Psybot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-19 22:11:41 Reply

At 6/19/05 08:50 PM, jeremysfilms wrote: How do I reduce echo?

It depends if you are using an FX echo or the echo in the sounds window. (where you can choose arpegg too)

if you are in the sounds window you anly have to turn the knob down. (the one on the far left in the echo square)

if it is a FX echo you can reduce the amount knob or something like that.

I wanna thank Mydnite for creating my awsome sig!

And be sure to check out my music ^^

BBS Signature
ThemonkeyonNG
ThemonkeyonNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-20 15:31:28 Reply

How do you make one sound stop an others keep going? Like i have a voice at the start of my song, but it keeps replaying....how do i make it stop?

Psybot
Psybot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-20 18:27:27 Reply

At 6/20/05 03:31 PM, themonkeyonNG wrote: How do you make one sound stop an others keep going? Like i have a voice at the start of my song, but it keeps replaying....how do i make it stop?

hm.. i dont know if this will be a good answer..

first click on the sample, then go to the screen where you can see a window with about six knobs under it (the window has some lines and dots connected to eachother). when you turn down the knob to the far right you will make the sound fade out faster or slower after you stop playing it... if you try to turn all the knobs so they will make the lines and dots resamble an "I"
in the window i think you can make the sound stop....

Phew! i dont know if this was of any help. but i tried. i dont have fruity loops on this computor so i can go check it out now.

well well... hope it helped.

good luck!

I wanna thank Mydnite for creating my awsome sig!

And be sure to check out my music ^^

BBS Signature
Kilkila
Kilkila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-22 14:42:25 Reply

Got a question for anyone with an answer- I'm making an mp3 on Fruity Loops. How can I keep the file size small while preserving the sound quality? It has to sound professional, cuz this is also going up on my website! Anyone have any advice?

Kilkila
Kilkila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-06-22 14:53:02 Reply

At 6/20/05 03:31 PM, themonkeyonNG wrote: How do you make one sound stop an others keep going? Like i have a voice at the start of my song, but it keeps replaying....how do i make it stop?

There are a couple ways. One- you could just turn that individual sound off.
-Go to an empty pattern. (Make sure it is completely empty.
-Right-click on the on/off button for that sound and click "edit events."
-Click on the bottom of the graph that pops up (so that the reading is 0%). This will cause the instrument to turn off when that pattern is played.
-Give the pattern a name like "(insert sound name here) mute" so you know what it is.
-On the playlist screen, put that pattern in whenever you want that particular sound to be off.

Another possibility is that you might have a delay set to that sound. That's also easy to fix.
-Check what FX channel that sound is set to.
-Find that FX channel and click on "Fruity Delay" or whatever delay generator you use. This will turn off the delay.
-Or, you could adjust the delay so it fades out quicker. Simply turn the "fade" knob to your liking.

There is one more way this could be happening. Check every pattern in your song. Its possible that there's a step or note being applied to that sound by mistake somewhere in another pattern (i.e.- you've got piano in one pattern, drums in another, but you accidentally put a note for piano in on the drum pattern. This causes that note to be played along with the drums every time that pattern is put into the playlist.) If this is the case, just go back and delete the error. (Note, this could take a while if your song is really complex. Have faith.)

Hope that helps.

WarpZone
WarpZone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-13 06:28:34 Reply

Is there a good set of areophone samples availible for Fruityloops? I seem to have plenty of drums and strings here in my default samples folder, but no wind insturments that I can see, outside of some chiors and one big brass hit. If there are some in the default directories and I just haven't found them yet, please tell me what folder they should be in. Also, if there is a FL gizmo of some sort to do flutes/trumpets/pipes/ etc that works better than sampling, please tell me about it.

Also, do you know of any good sites where FruityLoops samples can be found? I am not interested in loops so much as individual notes.

Thanks in advance. :)

livin-in-loserville
livin-in-loserville
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-13 13:26:27 Reply

will i die by choking on a fruitloop?

Kilkila
Kilkila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 08:00:52 Reply

At 7/13/05 06:28 AM, WarpZone wrote: Is there a good set of areophone samples availible for Fruityloops? I seem to have plenty of drums and strings here in my default samples folder, but no wind insturments that I can see, outside of some chiors and one big brass hit...

It sounds like what you want might not be a sample, but it could be a generator. This is like the 3xOsc or TS404- a program that uses a number of oscillators to generate a pitch with a certain quality and tone. Try looking in the "Channel Presets" folder for your wind instruments. Either that, or you could customize the 3xOsc to give you the sound that you want.

Lemme know if this works for ya.

Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 13:31:38 Reply

At 6/29/05 06:49 PM, Dizfunktion wrote: With FL Studio 4, I'm trying to make fading in and fading out on instruments or channels or whatever. How do I do this? ( i guess on the timeline)

do you mean an instrument which fades in and out while being played or just a fade in out on the begin on the song, you have many posibilies with that you know..

FireOnAMatch
FireOnAMatch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 15:14:35 Reply

I need help making good long techno, trance music that actually sounds good. Most of the stuff I submit don't get noticed and aren't that good.

First could you tell me where all the cool meters are, and where to finds them?

Secondly, could you tell me where all the cool props are, and how do I get levels, and grooves to work?

Thanks so much in advance, I would really appreciate it. :)

HydraulicCat
HydraulicCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 15:42:49 Reply

When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad
and some of the sounds too short or long, and before im recording so all the sounds are fine.

Why?

HydraulicCat
HydraulicCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 15:44:56 Reply

At 6/29/05 06:49 PM, Dizfunktion wrote: With FL Studio 4, I'm trying to make fading in and fading out on instruments or channels or whatever. How do I do this? ( i guess on the timeline)

Hey! its you! Dizfunktion! Remember me? you sent me an email about the kat krew sumthing. to ariels111@walla.co.il.

Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 16:03:41 Reply

At 7/14/05 03:42 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad
and some of the sounds too short or long, and before im recording so all the sounds are fine.

Why?

because the sync is a bit later:(

HydraulicCat
HydraulicCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 16:32:53 Reply

At 7/14/05 04:03 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 7/14/05 03:42 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: When I playing with the keyboard so when its recording, its recording very bad

Why?
because the sync is a bit later:(

Is there a way to fix it?

Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 17:33:22 Reply

At 7/14/05 04:32 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: Is there a way to fix it?

ive never found out how... maybe because ive never tried. But that was because i didnt think there would be a way to fix it, but if you do, let me know if you manage to find out:)

HydraulicCat
HydraulicCat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-14 17:46:33 Reply

At 7/14/05 05:33 PM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 7/14/05 04:32 PM, HidraolicCat wrote: Is there a way to fix it?
ive never found out how... maybe because ive never tried. But that was because i didnt think there would be a way to fix it, but if you do, let me know if you manage to find out:)

k :)

Chief-Tank
Chief-Tank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-15 00:19:31 Reply

I'm not sure if this was asked yet because, frankly, I'm too lazy to look through them all.

How do I make a Gate Effect?

Dranser18
Dranser18
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 07:51:52 Reply

im new so dont get anoyed if i ask this but.....how can i get EXP points?

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 07:55:05 Reply

Wrong place to ask buddy ;D

But regardless, it looks like you already know how to get EXP...you've already got 30 points :P

audio / bbs troubles? drop me a PM

BBS Signature
many-monkeys
many-monkeys
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 10:00:54 Reply

simple question how comes i can only play the patterns not whole songs when i click on song it dosnt play anything help me please!

many-monkeys
many-monkeys
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 10:04:20 Reply

At 7/16/05 07:55 AM, jarrydn wrote: Wrong place to ask buddy ;D

But regardless, it looks like you already know how to get EXP...you've already got 30 points :P

you start with 30 dont you???

f2x1
f2x1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-16 10:18:39 Reply

At 7/16/05 10:00 AM, many_monkeys wrote: simple question how comes i can only play the patterns not whole songs when i click on song it dosnt play anything help me please!

Did you set patterns in the play list?

Kilkila
Kilkila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 03:58:32 Reply

At 7/15/05 12:19 AM, Chief_Tank wrote: I'm not sure if this was asked yet because, frankly, I'm too lazy to look through them all.

How do I make a Gate Effect?

Here's a simple way to make a gate effect, taken from the tutorial section of Fruity Loops 3.5.6:

1. Create the instrument you want to be gated, i.e. SimSynth, then create a 3xOsc channel. Set them to separate FX channels (for example's sake, 1 and 2 respectively. REMEMBER THIS!)
2. Set a Peak Controller on FX Channel 2. (Or whatever channel you put 3xOsc on)
3. Create a rhythm that sounds good with the 3xOsc. Please note, 3xOsc is not the instrument you are gating, so you don't need to worry about a melody. Just create a cool rhythm.
4. Now, with the SimSynth, create your melody. This is the sound that will be gated. I suggest long chords, not choppy lead lines. The effect is more noticable on chords.
5. Right-click on the volume control for your SimSynth. Select "link to controller." Go to "Input," and select the option for "Peak controller- Peak + LFO." Make sure it's the Peak Controller found in the FX Channel assigned to the 3xOsc.
6. Lastly, open up said Peak Controller. Find the button in the lower right-hand corner called "mute" and turn it ON. This will prevent any sound coming from the 3xOsc. Adjust the Peak and LFO options to where you like 'em, and..... voila! A nice series of gated chords!

Try experimenting with various controls to get different effects!

(This is only one way to make a gate effect. There are multiple other ways, too complex to explain here. Just goof around some with the controls of the generators and you should be able to figure it out on your own.)

Lemme know how it goes!

Kilkila
Kilkila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 04:11:34 Reply

At 7/14/05 03:14 PM, Inuyfan1 wrote: I need help making good long techno, trance music that actually sounds good. Most of the stuff I submit don't get noticed and aren't that good.

First could you tell me where all the cool meters are, and where to finds them?

Secondly, could you tell me where all the cool props are, and how do I get levels, and grooves to work?

Thanks so much in advance, I would really appreciate it. :)

You don't need meters or levels. (Grooves help sometimes.) What you need is actual passion in your music. You've got to start with a good rhythm! A good backbeat, then add a bassline, melody, supporting parts... I listened to some of your stuff, and you've got potential. You probably just need more practice.

My advice? Start with the basics of music composition. Pick up a how-to book or something like it on music composition. After all, trance is music... Second, listen to a lot of trance and techno- this allows you to hear what sounds good and gather ideas. Then just practice a lot, as experimentation is the key! Music can't be learned in a day. And forget about grooves and levels and meters until you feel comfortable laying down beats and melodies.

Good luck! I'll be watching for new stuff from ya.

Whirlguy
Whirlguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 19:02:43 Reply

hmmm maybe i should experiment more with the effect to get synths more trancier. and play with the plugins more. You people got me motivated!

FireOnAMatch
FireOnAMatch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 21:42:46 Reply

Why won't the AP let me submit any songs larger than like a min?
Here is the song, it's called Urban Jams, and I think I will add to it, but tell me what you think.

"C:\Program Files\FLStudio\Data\Projects\urbanjam1.mp3
"

FireOnAMatch
FireOnAMatch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-18 21:50:48 Reply

I think this link would work......

C:\Program Files\FLStudio\Data\Projects

Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-19 11:09:59 Reply

(sorry if this has been asked already)

i have FL Studio 5 Demo, when i export a loop it carries on until all the sounds have stopped completly, so they dont loop. how do i stop this?

WEBSITE
BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~
NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
Kilkila
Kilkila
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-20 04:59:55 Reply

At 7/19/05 11:09 AM, mogly wrote: (sorry if this has been asked already)

i have FL Studio 5 Demo, when i export a loop it carries on until all the sounds have stopped completly, so they dont loop. how do i stop this?

The problem lies in how you're exporting what's called the loop's "remainder." This is that tail that forms the un-ending oh-so-lovable loop that trance, dance, and all things rhythmic love. Check around your screen for options dealing with the remainder. If you mouse-over the remainder options FL Studio should tell you what it does right underneath the menu bar (you know, file, edit, help... etc.) You want something that causes the sound to loop again- pick whatever option sounds closest to it.

I'm afraid I can't offer more help than that. I've always just exported whole songs, not loops. Lemme know if it works for ya.

Peace

Cpt-Nemo
Cpt-Nemo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Ask your FruityLoops questions here 2005-07-21 13:40:08 Reply

I am having a problem with something in my FL song . Sorry for the retarded file name...

The problem is that the LFO I have set in mixer track 15 is somehow fucking up the snare sound which is not linked. Is this just my software or does anyone have the same problem with my file and if so, how the fuck do I fix it? I pretty new to FL, so I could just be making some retarded mistake.

While I am at it though, let me ask something else. How do you get the LFO to work in the Peak Controller from the default settings anyhow? I've just been using settings from the tutorial files that came with the software, but when I twist the knobs from the default setting I can't, for the life of me, get the LFO meter to move. I hope someone can helpm e remedy this problem.