00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Care2mchBEAR just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

734,100 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-18 16:41:30

I remember Kitsune Sama from Sheezyart telling me 4Kids are a bunch of dubbing hacks. I also remember Lizard posting a link that took us to a site that contained the Pokemon 1st movie removed scenes about the profesor who helped create Mwetwo attempted to clone 3 pokemon and his daughter.

4kids screw up all good animes; here is a list for you:
- pokemon (as mencioned before) got a lot of cut-outs, expecialy on the Jessie and James episode of the beach contest (i belive there is that episode on youtube, but I can't find the link)...

-In Yu-gi-oh, as mencioned very well by LittleKuriboh in the Abridged Series, 4kids removed guns from the characters, making them hold "invisible guns" (0_0)

-One Piece got realy horrible intro music and mega-horrible voices, making me watch it wioth the sound off...

- and finaly, I can't stan Naruto saying "belive it!" again...

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-18 18:12:13

At 4/18/07 04:41 PM, destenydevil666 wrote:
4kids screw up all good animes; here is a list for you:

And I was beginning to wonder how did 4Kids manage to live on in the US.

- pokemon (as mencioned before) got a lot of cut-outs, expecialy on the Jessie and James episode of the beach contest (i belive there is that episode on youtube, but I can't find the link)...

In Serebii.net, it briefly mentioned some of the banned episodes of Pokemon, especially the imfamous Pika-Seisure! Oh, and you can find a pic of James with huge knockers.

-In Yu-gi-oh, as mencioned very well by LittleKuriboh in the Abridged Series, 4kids removed guns from the characters, making them hold "invisible guns" (0_0)

And the younger demographic has not noticed it? At least it is better than a walkie-talkie (reference to E.T.: Special Edition)!

-One Piece got realy horrible intro music and mega-horrible voices, making me watch it wioth the sound off...

Oh, and there is THE HAMMER SPRING!!

- and finaly, I can't stan Naruto saying "belive it!" again...

So, it was 4Kids' idea?!

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 06:20:34

4Kids really messes up anime big time. Here is more examples

4kids Reel V.S. REAL

Cardcaptors Cardcaptor Sakura

Mew Mew Power Tokyo Mew Mew

4Kids screwed up names for a few anime titles. You dont belive me, go ask Kitsune Sama.
((Click for contact))

And as for One Piece, Sanje, the blonde guy who sucks on a lolli pop, hes actualy smoking. That I can live with. But for all the mass-dubbing with all the scenes from Pokemon and the movies, im quite furrious.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 09:14:39

At 4/19/07 06:20 AM, Tanooki-John wrote: 4Kids really messes up anime big time. Here is more examples

If I want quality anime companies, it is usually ADV, GONZO, or GAINAX. Speaking of which, Check out "He is My Master"!

4kids Reel V.S. REAL

Cardcaptors Cardcaptor Sakura

Which reminds me of something Dr. Mack Foxx made.

Mew Mew Power Tokyo Mew Mew

I called it "Sailor Yif".

And as for One Piece, Sanje, the blonde guy who sucks on a lolli pop, hes actualy smoking.

Oh, and there was a lot of profanity in the original, or so I heard.

That I can live with. But for all the mass-dubbing with all the scenes from Pokemon and the movies, im quite furrious.

So, you DO want to see James with huge knockers! JK. There were a lot of scene that could have been great and supported the story with class if it were not for Sister Mary 4Kids. I want Ash being threaten by a kid with a gun! Not some invisible gun!

I promise to make a Pokemon Flash movie with a story that is not too silly, something that the original Pokemon shows should have been. Of course, it will star an original character, and its montly crew will be orginal as well. I think I explain it a long time ago.

Vin, The main character- He is a new Pokemon trainer, ready to go out and explore around the region (please name it) to find pokemons. Basically, he is Ash of this series. And just like Ash, he has a jigglypuff as a friend named Joyce. He and Joyce has been pals since she was a igglybuff. There is no need for a Pokeball for her, because she is closely attached to him. Also, she is the only one that keeps the main character company, because he nevers have parents. It was claimed by his guardian, Prof. Pine, that his parents were killed by a group of rogue Pokemon trainers. Perhaps it was by the teachings of the professor that made the hero to what he is. Or maybe he wanted to avenge the one who stole his past. Remember that he reassmbles Ash, young and full of potential.

Luna- As the journey of the hero progresses, he will encounter trainers willing to battle one another. However, he will most likely find trainers that are different than the norm, with unique personalities. Luna is one of those characters. She is a trainer that loves to collect peppy and adorable pokemons. Her archetype is most spunky, honest and full of potential. She can be easily described as the series version of Misty. She even has visual appeal that may encourages preverts to create hentai of her. What makes her unique? Her genetics! She is a half breed, part-human/part-moogle. She appears to be human, but she has moogle ears, whiskers, wings, and antenna. Her past is a mystery, since it does not helps with the story. Rumor has it that Luna may be a potential love interest to the hero.

Kikyuko- His story is an interesting one. Although he is a forty-something Pokemon trainer, he has an extended history of his past occupations. He was once a buccaneer, sailing the harsh seas. Then, he became a bounty hunter, desperate for action and money. Then, a samurai. All of this is evident by his outfit, wearing a kimono, a bandanna, and carrying a samurai sword and a shotgun. It is assumed to other that lives for adventures prior to his job as a trainer. However, it is far too complicated to conclude that manner. Kikyuko may be up to something in all of his years.

Cyfon- Who ever thought of an android programmed to become a Pokemon trainer? He is indeed the first android to become a trainer. He is short, wears a helmet-like mask, and is sort of animal-like. What makes him a interesting character is how he summons pokemons. He contains his pokeballs in a virtual Pokeball storage box, that holds an unlimited amount, since it is virtual. I may have to use a 3D program, like Swift3D, to create something like that. It is unknown to where he was created and who created him. He is programmed to become the next Pokemon champion. Pure and simple. Well, perhaps at the beginning. . .

Katrina- Her looks is something to behold. Her face may appeared to be around seven years old, like a child's face. However, her body is evident to be around her teens. What is even more unique about Katrina than her looks is how she does Pokemon battles. Instead of summoning pokemons like the rest of the trainers, she becomes the pokemons! Probably, she is the only trainer that is trained as a morpher by using a Pokemorph belt. Instead of capturing pokemons with balls, she uses cards to capture them. Then she will scan the card's data to become the selected pokemon. In case you are wondering, yes, I did named her after the hurricane. Katrina used to be clumsy and gets into trouble when she was young. She is also an outcast, due to her appearance. It may be that becoming a Pokemon trainer made her what she is today, even though she sometimes run into a few problems.

That is pretty much the synopsis of the characters.

Oh, and I found this in my PC. Can you see it? You need to do something amazing to the page.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 15:53:04

Luna- As the journey of the hero progresses, he will encounter trainers willing to battle one another. However, he will most likely find trainers that are different than the norm, with unique personalities. Luna is one of those characters. She is a trainer that loves to collect peppy and adorable pokemons. Her archetype is most spunky, honest and full of potential. She can be easily described as the series version of Misty. She even has visual appeal that may encourages preverts to create hentai of her. What makes her unique? Her genetics! She is a half breed, part-human/part-moogle. She appears to be human, but she has moogle ears, whiskers, wings, and antenna. Her past is a mystery, since it does not helps with the story. Rumor has it that Luna may be a potential love interest to the hero.

heh, I like that! Seems cute and awsome; nice story bet it will make a great flash! I may be funny if you managed to put them speaking some japonese or something, like final fantasy A+. No need for long sentenses, but stuff like saying "baka" (idiot) or something. Maybe it would be funny if you could put a furry joke on the series (like, furries in the series or something; but not into hardcore stuff, just some little old joke.)
Well, anyway, I want to see that flash, so I hope you are REALY working on it. Any possibilities for a preview flash?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 15:55:09

At 4/19/07 09:14 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Oh, and I found this in my PC. Can you see it? You need to do something amazing to the page.

ECKS. DEE.

I saw what you did thar.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 16:03:35

At 4/19/07 03:55 PM, HaroFreak wrote:
At 4/19/07 09:14 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Oh, and I found this in my PC. Can you see it? You need to do something amazing to the page.
ECKS. DEE.

I saw what you did thar.

what do you have to do? I can't see the picture...

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 16:14:43

At 4/19/07 04:03 PM, destenydevil666 wrote: what do you have to do? I can't see the picture...

Here's a hint: Transparent GIFs.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 16:15:24

At 4/19/07 04:03 PM, destenydevil666 wrote:
what do you have to do? I can't see the picture...

hmm . . .

You need to hold the left mouse button down, and move it up or down the page.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 16:18:51

At 4/19/07 04:15 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: You need to hold the left mouse button down, and move it up or down the page.

A shame that the NG BBS doesn't accept PNG, or else there'll be ways to make people shit bricks at images.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-19 16:20:21

oh, i see it now!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-20 11:22:43

A tribute to 420.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-20 17:03:05

At 4/20/07 11:22 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: A tribute to 420.

-Hahaha! A nic epic with Pikachu with Weed. Too bad I don't smoke nor drugs. I'm a clean dude.
-I GOT POKEMON PEARL! YEAH!!! XD

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-20 17:04:23

Oh! Does anyone noticed that there is another Pokemon movie playing in Cartoon Network? I think it is based on the upcoming games, because it is titled "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl". Of course, there should be a DVD version, just like that other one, "Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea".

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-20 18:29:59

At 4/20/07 05:04 PM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: "Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea".

GAH.
Everytime I see/hear someone mention "Pokemon Rangers", I keep thinking lines like these:

Note: Names are fitting the dub as the obvious parody in Japanese is completely different.
"PIKAZORD, DEPLOY!!!"

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-20 23:48:51

Will everyone post their friend codes here, or must we stick them in our sigs?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-21 00:18:01

At 4/20/07 11:48 PM, Cema wrote: Will everyone post their friend codes here, or must we stick them in our sigs?

Click on this link to find out how to post friend codes.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-22 11:04:45

It's out, I have it, and Pearl kicks ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-22 15:25:08

So I take it some of you guys got D/P? It should be a shitload of fun. Of course, I'd feel strange running around catching pokemon, especially a Ralts :/.

Just make sure to catch one and evolve it into Gallade, we're the best, seriously.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-22 15:28:24

Guys....I was just playing the Pokemon Card game with my bro and sis, (all original monsters, none of that new crap), and I want to know what you think the best combination of elements are. Right now, I have leaf, fire, water, rock, psychic, and normal types.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-22 18:10:20

At 4/22/07 03:28 PM, Fremen wrote: Guys....I was just playing the Pokemon Card game with my bro and sis, (all original monsters, none of that new crap), and I want to know what you think the best combination of elements are. Right now, I have leaf, fire, water, rock, psychic, and normal types.

I'd say some fire, some psychic, and a few rock type, unless you want to blend them all together. I have a nice deck that's nice 'n' blended, it's full of energy retrievals too... It works pretty well because of the flexibility and seemingly endless strategic points.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-22 18:10:34

There are too many pokemons...
I'm a fan, but I think enough is enough! Just like someone said in a post earlier, give Ash a break, for pete's sake!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 06:01:48

How is everybody doing today? Sorry that I havent been posting lately. Just to let you know that im doing fine and have been working on other stuff. But dont worry about me though, I am fine and doing much work.

And if anybody notices, I have put my music making projects to a halt because I think I need more time and practice with my music maker software and I am going to wait untill my Megaman Zero fan-fic is finished before I go back to it. Perhaps?

That's all the news for today.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 06:07:10

Sorry about the double-post but I just found this a while later.

http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gard evoirfm1zz8.png

Why not check it out?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 14:17:32

At 4/23/07 06:07 AM, Tanooki-John wrote:
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gard evoirfm1zz8.png

I know Halkel da Thunderhog. He is a watcher of mine.

I finally received Pearl by mail! . . . However, I am still busy! Plus, I am doing something for another site. I hate these high demands. So, I may not play until I have some time.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 16:36:34

Hi, I was wondering if I could join this crew? I'm a big fan of Pokemon right from the start. I'm getting Pearl today, not Diamond, due to the fact that Palkia is Water-Psychic (or something along those lines) while Dalgia is Steel-Psychic (something like that, whatever). Therefore, Palkia has an advantage, as a legendary pokemon, over Dalgia.

I'll post my friend code later today when I recieve the game, and maybe we can all hook up and play.

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 17:28:17

At 4/23/07 04:36 PM, Kalandro wrote: Hi, I was wondering if I could join this crew? I'm a big fan of Pokemon right from the start.

Then wait until TJ can let you in.

I'll post my friend code later today when I recieve the game, and maybe we can all hook up and play.

You can do that. Unfortunately, I am rather busy as of now. So, I will play if I have some free time.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 18:36:56

Guys, what are your opinions on Pearl/Diamond? Is it worth importing?

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 19:31:41

At 4/23/07 06:36 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Guys, what are your opinions on Pearl/Diamond? Is it worth importing?

It looks great, and just so you guys know I'm not getting it today my brother was being a fool and forgot the $40 I gave him home. So I'll just get Pearl tomorrow when I get the chance.

It looks really smooth, with the 3D graphics and the WiFi bonus gameplay features. Everything just looks 5x better for the DS. If I were you I'd get it as soon as I can because they might run out of copies in stock and than you'd have to wait, which sucks. This is what happened to me when Ruby & Sapphire came out I missed the chance from the get-go. So enjoy playing it to everyone!

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-23 20:15:25

I heard Nintendo got over 500,000 sales from preorders alone. At the very least, this means I have a larger array of people to beat.

BBS Signature