00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MisterBig67425 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club

733,998 Views | 12,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-11 10:40:28

At 4/11/07 10:34 AM, destenydevil666 wrote: heh, lol. I must be the only one that doesn't have any flash in this club!

well i have flash but haven't submitted anything. probably because i never finish anything i start.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-11 10:44:08

At 4/11/07 10:34 AM, destenydevil666 wrote: heh, lol. I must be the only one that doesn't have any flash in this club!

Just because I have some flash doesn't mean they're any good, heh.

Although I do hold a slight distinction of having both an A+ batting average and two Turd of the Week awards. XD

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-11 13:12:59

There are others that do not have Flash. I believe Lizard does not have one.

At 4/11/07 10:44 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Just because I have some flash doesn't mean they're any good, heh.

All of the hype is making me impatient. But if I were to take some time, I can make excellent Flash movies and games. Still, I hate to be called a copycat. It is what I have been doing for a long time. It is that I do not use the Internet as a medium until 2004.

Although I do hold a slight distinction of having both an A+ batting average and two Turd of the Week awards. XD

Weird.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-11 19:48:58

this has probably been discussed before but i wasn't around so i am asking. who is your favorite pokemon. i will have to go with either Skarmory or Dragonite.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 00:18:29

I feel tired saying my favorite Pokemon everytime someone asked about favorites. Someone else do it for me.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 02:02:51

At 4/11/07 07:48 PM, SenorPresidente wrote: this has probably been discussed before but i wasn't around so i am asking. who is your favorite pokemon. i will have to go with either Skarmory or Dragonite.

Nowadays, it's probably Gardevoir, just because I've done so much study-work with it for my fanfic. In the game, she's powerful, easy to train, and has access to a good number of powerful moves (and in D/P, her Hyper Beam will rock hardcore). And overall, she's just purdy and elegant...makes her a good character for a story.

Even if the story will end up being a very tragic one, sigh. Damn my muses.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 03:38:02

At 4/11/07 07:48 PM, SenorPresidente wrote: this has probably been discussed before but i wasn't around so i am asking. who is your favorite pokemon. i will have to go with either Skarmory or Dragonite.

Ok, here goes:
- Zangoose's are cool
- Gradevoir's are smexy
- Kangaskan's and Nidoqueen's are super smexy...

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 05:43:29

-My favorite Pokemon are mostly the old school Pokemon. (151)
-Tyranitar, Blastoise, Blazeakin, and Hitmonlee.

I feel tired saying my favorite Pokemon everytime someone asked about favorites. Someone else do it for me.

DVS's favorite Pokemon is Mew...

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 14:28:29

Favorite?

I would have to go with the Hassam (Scizor) for its blood-red finish and horn which makes it deserve its 3X Speed boost (classic series reference).

Not to mention it makes a perfect candidate for the infamous Human-Pokemon fusing experiment in the games/manga. Overly-tough exoskeleton a la Guyver, anyone?

And somehow, I see the new Palkia strongly resembling the Betterman Nebula from the series "Betterman" (I strongly urge everyone else to look this up and compare the two). XD

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 19:17:44

At 4/12/07 02:28 PM, HaroFreak wrote: Not to mention it makes a perfect candidate for the infamous Human-Pokemon fusing experiment in the games/manga. Overly-tough exoskeleton a la Guyver, anyone?

When I read that I immediately thought of MacGyver and spent like half an hour trying to determine what Pokemon would be most like the Master of Ingenuity himself.

The answer would likely be Nidoking; it doesn't really have any magnificent stats or powers or anything, but no matter what situation you get in, there's always a way for Nidoking to get out of it if you're clever enough...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 21:51:07

At 4/7/07 12:50 PM, Seamonky wrote:
At 4/3/07 11:31 PM, AmazeKing wrote: pokemoncrater.com
my name is amazeking
I used to play that game but it was too repetitive for me. :/

totally true, but if you make a party of pokemon you like then it is fun to battle friends, kinda..

by the looks of it though she is not going to give it to me
Luckly, it's a little sister that I have, so she'll let me use it for the time being.

my sister is also younger, she is a bitch though

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 21:52:39

my favorite pokemon are Slowking, Honchkrow, and Probopass

i'm not too fond of legendaries

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-12 23:07:41

My skarmory finally reached lvl 100. I actually max out his DEF. which is awesome cause a skarmory main reason for being is a physical wall. His special def and speed is kinda pathetic do. I hope to hatch and train a Blissey to lvl 100 before PD comes out.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 06:35:47

At 4/12/07 11:07 PM, SenorPresidente wrote: My skarmory finally reached lvl 100. I actually max out his DEF. which is awesome cause a skarmory main reason for being is a physical wall. His special def and speed is kinda pathetic do. I hope to hatch and train a Blissey to lvl 100 before PD comes out.

Yeah, steel types are superior in phisical defenses, but their weak against fire, ground and figting type attacks unless theip half flying. Steel types also have exelent elemental defenses too. Dragon types have basic element defenses too so be sure to keep that in mind. Oh, and I managed to play the demo at Target friday before my Easter trip.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 18:55:25

look at this sprite i made:

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 18:59:06

At 4/13/07 06:55 PM, AmazeKing wrote: look at this sprite i made:

haha i like the mix there.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 19:00:21

they look kinda crappy because they have to be in jpg. on this site, and they look good as png.
here it is with recoloring:

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 19:02:30

At 4/13/07 06:59 PM, SenorPresidente wrote:
At 4/13/07 06:55 PM, AmazeKing wrote: look at this sprite i made:
haha i like the mix there.

thanks, part of the reason i like honchcrow is because of its hat and part of the reason i like probopass is because of its nose and moustache

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 19:10:28

I hope that the Wi-Fi thing makes getting those event-only Pokemon a whole lot easier. Without wireless capabilities, if you didn't live near a major city, you were pretty much doomed to never get a Mew or Celebi or whatnot.

Hopefully it'll be less impossible in the fourth generation.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-13 19:18:03

At 4/13/07 07:10 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I hope that the Wi-Fi thing makes getting those event-only Pokemon a whole lot easier. Without wireless capabilities, if you didn't live near a major city, you were pretty much doomed to never get a Mew or Celebi or whatnot.

Hopefully it'll be less impossible in the fourth generation.

yeah, i've never even seen these so called "events" the only special thing i ever got was a shiny zigzagoon from eb games

sig by carmelhadinosaur

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-14 13:13:37

No you're not, or atleast technically, since I'm still working on a flash as we speak... I did have flash on my last account though...

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-14 13:19:05

At 4/12/07 07:17 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: When I read that I immediately thought of MacGyver and spent like half an hour trying to determine what Pokemon would be most like the Master of Ingenuity himself.

MacGyver Trainer skill? I would like the idea of creating equipment, making your own Monster Balls and brewing your own potions out of natural resources a la Elder Scrolls style.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-14 14:02:52

At 4/13/07 06:35 AM, Tanooki-John wrote:
Yeah, steel types are superior in phisical defenses, but their weak against fire, ground and figting type attacks unless theip half flying.

Don't forget about their water type and ice type weaknesses, for me steel is a no go notion, Steel type just has too many weaknesses for me, sorry if I'm mistaken.

I'd have to say Blaziken or Groudon, I have two of each and I'll have about nine in a few days.

Did I double post? Guess I'll find out soon enough... *sigh*

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-15 00:23:11

Yo Slash! Do you made this? I can see why you get two Turd of The Week awards. You can get better if you like, and you know it. You are not lazy, or are you?

As for me, I am a perfectionist and extremist. I HAVE to create perfect Flash movies or games or make something totally off-the-wall or something nobody has thought or something too extreme for anyone or anything that has meaning. Otherwise, I have no meaning to live! It is harsh but it is true.

TJ, if you heroes stop making comics or anything that they are know for, do you think they still have meaning? That is a silly question I asked! You would say "yes", you loyal toady! I really hope that you are controlling yourself. Never submit your freedom to anyone! Otherwise, you are nothing but a cultivated being, and I wish you will never become one of them.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-15 00:35:02

At 4/15/07 12:23 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote: Yo Slash! Do you made this? I can see why you get two Turd of The Week awards. You can get better if you like, and you know it. You are not lazy, or are you?

You have grasped the essence of Slash quite well, I'd say, heh. XD

The story itself, I'm not lazy at all with...I've spent a couple dozen hours on it already, and it's only six chapters currently. But this flash, rofl, yes, it was thrown together in twenty minutes, mainly as a promotion for the story.

I think many people are going to pretend to hate it just because the sex isn't in this first chapter, haha.

In any case, I write much better than I flash, heh.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-15 01:38:03

At 4/15/07 12:35 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
In any case, I write much better than I flash, heh.

So, you prefer writing stories over writing in Flash. That is quite the opposite for me. I could write stories in a document, but I am very good at it. I can tell stories well, but I prefer it in game or movie form. You do not see me write fan fictions or something like that. It is ironic for me to tell stories well even though I do not write them.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-15 07:39:30

On Friday for the first time in over a decade, I watched an episode of Pokemon. The one with Celebi.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-15 08:37:25

At 4/15/07 07:39 AM, Marsupial wrote: On Friday for the first time in over a decade, I watched an episode of Pokemon. The one with Celebi.

I tried if I can watch it, but I could not. It is too childish for my taste. Maybe if 4Kids ease up with the censor . . . nah! I did mentioned that I will make a Pokemon series, the one that appeals to a little more older anime fans, with a story that is more engaging than silly.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-16 05:57:39

At 4/15/07 08:37 AM, Dark-Volcano-Sam wrote:
At 4/15/07 07:39 AM, Marsupial wrote: On Friday for the first time in over a decade, I watched an episode of Pokemon. The one with Celebi.
I tried if I can watch it, but I could not. It is too childish for my taste. Maybe if 4Kids ease up with the censor . . . nah! I did mentioned that I will make a Pokemon series, the one that appeals to a little more older anime fans, with a story that is more engaging than silly.

I remember Kitsune Sama from Sheezyart telling me 4Kids are a bunch of dubbing hacks. I also remember Lizard posting a link that took us to a site that contained the Pokemon 1st movie removed scenes about the profesor who helped create Mwetwo attempted to clone 3 pokemon and his daughter.

BBS Signature

Response to Tanooki_John's Pro-pokemon club 2007-04-17 20:22:10

oh! i just can't wait for pearl and diamond. i hope to raise a tyranitar to lvl 100 by the end of the week. i am still in the middle of hatching one with good IV's.

BBS Signature