00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Formula 1 Club

28,061 Views | 325 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-11-02 15:38:47

Well, it was a tense last 10 or so laps, but Hamilton managed to win the championship by 1 point, the lucky bastard XD

Congrats Lewis!

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-11-02 16:31:07

At 11/2/08 03:38 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Well, it was a tense last 10 or so laps, but Hamilton managed to win the championship by 1 point, the lucky bastard XD

Well, we've all seen how good he is, so it's about time he had some good luck.

He becomes Britain's 9th different World Champion, and serves for Britain's 13th Season as the country with a world champion driver.

Even if you take out Scotland's Sir Jackie Stewart's 3 World titles and Jim Clark's 2 Titles, England is now tied for first place with Brazil for the number of World Championships with Brazil. Of course we have more champions than them, with 7 (Hawthorn, G Hill, Surtees, Hunt, Mansell, D Hill, Hamilton), but only one repeat winner with Graham Hill. Of course Brazil's 3 champions are Emerson Fittipaldi, Piquet and Senna, who won 2, 3 and 3 titles respectively

Congrats Lewis!

Indeed. Gentlemen, you've just watched the BBC's British Sports Personality of the Year 2008. No Doubt. Murray won't win it unless he wins a major.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-11-04 08:48:04

I still think lewis was very lucky, vettle is oging to be a champion in a maximum of 3 years, and i think kimi is going to win the championship next year.

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-11-04 08:57:00

At 11/4/08 08:48 AM, cronic-22 wrote: I still think lewis was very lucky,

So you don't rate him as a driver then? Every champion in the past has had some luck to get where they were, as well as their skills. Schumacher was lucky (!) that he didn't get the book thrown at him when he bumped into Damon Hill in 1994. Not so lucky in 1997, when Villeneuve was lucky that Schumacher's Kamikaze only wrecked the Ferrari and not the Williams, which had to get points to beat Schumacher's total.

Jochen Rindt was lucky that no-one could overhaul his lead in the championship, after he was tragically killed in practice for the 1970 Italian Grand Prix. two races after his demise, he was crown F1's first ever posthumous World Champion.

vettle is oging to be a champion in a maximum of 3 years, and i think kimi is going to win the championship next year.

Vettel is going to need a fast car next year. I hope that Red Bull can give that to him, as at the moment, it doesn't look too promising, as he won't be able to race at the sharp end, which is a shame.

As for Kimi, we'll see how things pan out. Heiki has to perform next season and will be eager to see if he can get the same out of the car as Lewis has managed.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-11-04 09:36:12

At 11/4/08 08:48 AM, cronic-22 wrote: I still think lewis was very lucky

He is the most talented driver in the field.
I would say it is more a case of very unlucky last year, he should of won the 2007 championship as well.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-11-04 10:51:40

At 11/4/08 09:36 AM, Shaun wrote: He is the most talented driver in the field.

Very probably

I would say it is more a case of very unlucky last year, he should of won the 2007 championship as well.

Almost certainly, but I think that there were more than a few factors going against him last year. I think the FIA couldn't stomach a Black World Champion. Max Moseley is a son of a Nazi and he probably dislikes the fact that his favourite sport is going to be dominated by a Black man for the next 10-15 years.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-16 17:48:13

Well the new season starts in a couple of weeks and im more excited then ever, mclaren are rubbish and bawn GP are the faster team (honda). Who would of imagaing that, the 1st race is going to be a complete mystery,the only prediction im going to make is that ferrari will be near the front.

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-19 17:45:21

I'm going to say that over half won't finish the race, and Button will win.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-20 05:18:38

At 3/16/09 05:48 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Well the new season starts in a couple of weeks and im more excited then ever, mclaren are rubbish and bawn GP are the faster team (honda). Who would of imagaing that, the 1st race is going to be a complete mystery,the only prediction im going to make is that ferrari will be near the front.

Nah, you know at the end of the day that the same teams will be up near the front. Perhaps a little resurgence from Williams this year and McLaren look strangely slow, but rest assured that you will see Ferraris at the front and Brawn GP still near the back.

Also, you've got this new rule coming into force for the 2010 season, where the World Championship will be decided on Wins primarily, then points as a secondary concern. Should make for interesting racing, as should the aero packages this time around.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-20 07:55:50

I reckon Toyota might make its way into the top this year, don't ask why.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-20 08:04:02

At 3/20/09 05:18 AM, Coop83 wrote: Also, you've got this new rule coming into force for the 2010 season, where the World Championship will be decided on Wins primarily, then points as a secondary concern. Should make for interesting racing, as should the aero packages this time around.

Yeah, i heard about that too. IMO it sounds stupid, it should be points like it is now. It shows the overall better drivers and teams. WhatĀ“s the point in coming second if it won't mean anything in the end?

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-21 10:27:11

At 3/20/09 07:55 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I reckon Toyota might make its way into the top this year, don't ask why.

If they had better drivers, they would, surely. The amount of money they've thrown at their NASCAR venture, they're going the right way. The problem being that the best driver they've had is Ralf Schumacher. There's the problem.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-24 17:50:57

well its about time toyotas $300million a year budget did some good, glock seems a good driver especially in the second half of last season,and with this "loop hole" wing toyota and williams have it seems to have given them an advantage,they will be ahead of brawn GP.

Anyone that lives in the UK today on bbc interactive (channel 301 on freeview) is classic australlian F1 races,its quite entertainnig and it shows schumacher being a proper arsehole and you cant help but love him for it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-26 09:40:42

At 3/24/09 05:50 PM, cronic-22 wrote: well its about time toyotas $300million a year budget did some good, glock seems a good driver especially in the second half of last season,and with this "loop hole" wing toyota and williams have it seems to have given them an advantage,they will be ahead of brawn GP.

I think the only certainty this Sunday is that there will be a sub-par performance from the McLaerns. Perhaps they're sandbagging, but if the latest interview from Lewis is anything to go by, don't even go expecting points.

Anyone that lives in the UK today on bbc interactive (channel 301 on freeview) is classic australlian F1 races,its quite entertainnig and it shows schumacher being a proper arsehole and you cant help but love him for it.

I certainly can help loving a cock like that. He's German, he's the definition of C. U. N.ext T.uesday and he was wrapped in cotton wool by Ferrari, in order to develop the car and win another five world titles. I was one of the few people cheering when he hit the wall at Silverstone, as it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-26 13:53:35

Im gonna make a prediction and say trulli is going to take pole this Sunday.

And there is supposidly 3 new team for the 2010 season bumping the grid up to a max of 26!

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-26 15:40:11

At 3/26/09 01:53 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Im gonna make a prediction and say trulli is going to take pole this Sunday.

I'll head for the Williams camp then. I just don't know how Brawn are going to cope, so I'll err on the side of caution. Nakaijima for me.

And there is supposidly 3 new team for the 2010 season bumping the grid up to a max of 26!

I've not heard anything about that, but if you've got some links for us, we'd appreciate it.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-27 10:29:29

Friday practice.

1 Nico Rosberg Williams 1:26.053
2 Rubens Barrichello Brawn GP +0.10
3 Jarno Trulli Toyota +0.29
4 Mark Webber Red Bull +0.31
5 Jenson Button Brawn GP +0.32
6 Timo Glock Toyota +0.39
7 Kazuki Nakajima Williams +0.50
8 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull +0.68
9 Adrian Sutil Force India +0.98
10 Felipe Massa Ferrari +1.01
11 Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +1.15
12 Fernando Alonso Renault +1.17
13 Giancarlo Fisichella Force India +1.22
14 Nick Heidfeld BMW-Sauber +1.26
15 Robert Kubica BMW-Sauber +1.34
16 Sebastien Bourdais Toro Rosso +1.42
17 Heikki Kovalainen McLaren +1.74
18 Lewis Hamilton McLaren +1.76
19 Nelson Piquet Jr Renault +1.77
20 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso +2.02

Hamilton is almost 2 seconds of the pace and im shocked at how well force india did, but its clear that the controversial diffusers are doing something, for toyota williams and brawn.

I cant find a link for the 3 teams thing, but bernie said it, i read it on teletext (yeah im old skool)

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-28 02:07:15

I still <3 Schumacher. Also the local go-karting track has an instructional video that reminds you 'you're not Michael Schumacher, and you never will be'. Made for epic win for the rest of the night.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-28 07:29:14

lol.

well the qualifing results are in and its brawn GP 1,2, i know there fast but this i didnt expect, by the way the virigin logos are well jokes, there crappy stickers on the side of the car lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-28 07:47:06

At 3/28/09 07:29 AM, cronic-22 wrote: by the way the virigin logos are well jokes, there crappy stickers on the side of the car lol

Haha, when they kept showing Branson i was like 'come off it, that rich bastard owns and F1 team now?'. Nonetheless, and interesting line-up. All in all im glad F1 is back <3

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-28 08:51:47

I didn't get to watch the qualifying, but i just checked the restults on the official webpage and was shocked to see Button and Barrichelo 1st and 2nd. It's a shame about Hamilton with his gearbox problems he only managed 15th, and got penalized 5 places for changing gearbox, so heĀ“ll be 20th - back of the grid tomorrow D:

Still, good to see another Brit on pole.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-28 09:29:49

At 3/28/09 07:29 AM, cronic-22 wrote: well the qualifing results are in and its brawn GP 1,2, i know there fast but this i didnt expect,

Looks like their performance was the real deal. Now let's see if they can keep it together with the race tomorrow. I'll watch it live and regret it soon after, sleep wise :P

by the way the virigin logos are well jokes, there crappy stickers on the side of the car lol

This is because they only announced it this morning or last night. Give it time, when they turn out in Malaysia, the cars will have Virgin all over them in a well developed package.

Also, the Toyotas were disqualified for having flexible rear wings, allowing them to cut down on drag along the straights and give the maximum potential when the brakes are activated.

That's pushed Lewis up to p13, but it means that they've got a lot of work to do, having had the drive train issues that stopped him from making it to Q2 today.

Early days.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-28 12:15:24

At 3/28/09 09:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: That's pushed Lewis up to p13, but it means that they've got a lot of work to do, having had the drive train issues that stopped him from making it to Q2 today.

You do know Hamilton was penalized aswell and will be starting at the back of the grid?

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 02:02:59

At 3/28/09 12:15 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 3/28/09 09:29 AM, Coop83 wrote: That's pushed Lewis up to p13, but it means that they've got a lot of work to do, having had the drive train issues that stopped him from making it to Q2 today.
You do know Hamilton was penalized aswell and will be starting at the back of the grid?

I wasn't aware of that at the time. Now I realise that he had to have a gear box replaced after his 'catastrophic failure of 4th gear', as the team described it.

I'm up and the race is about to start. I can't wait!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 04:09:43

Fucking Vettel. Thats all i have on that issue. And bad luck with the Ferrari's, Hamilton had a damn sexy race i must say.
Spoilers if you haven't watched the race yet:

Holy shit, Button, Barrichelo, and Trulli, who would have thought?

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 04:13:02

At 3/29/09 04:09 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Fucking Vettel. Thats all i have on that issue.

I don't really see how it was his fault. He got jammed pretty fucking hard.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 04:32:22

At 3/29/09 04:13 AM, AllMightyBruce wrote:
At 3/29/09 04:09 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Fucking Vettel. Thats all i have on that issue.
I don't really see how it was his fault. He got jammed pretty fucking hard.

He should have just backed down, instead of trying to fight it out a bit more, but then again you could say it was Kubicas fault as well, but eh, i know i heard Vettel going 'im so sorry, sorry, sorry' over the team radio, and Kubica seemed pretty pissed after the race when they interviewed him.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 08:53:31

Who ever it turns out was at fault, I think we can agree it was bloody crazy. Haha.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 14:20:54

I'm now in this club. Big congrats to Jenson and the Brawn team, really happy for them. And watching it is so much nicer on BBC1. And there were some crashes. Get in! And LOL at Trulli for nicking Hamiltons place and Vettel for trying to finish on 3 wheels.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2009-03-29 15:52:22

although im a Ferrari Fan boy and was gutted with Masaa retirment and kimis illorgical spin into a wall im really please for Brawn GP it just goes to show that you dont need mega bucks to sucsessed in F1.

On another note Hamilliton has got to be one of the luckest racers ever, while he was poodling around (yes i said poodling lol) 1 to 2 seconds a lap slower then everyone else he still manages to come 3rd through defult.

Rosberg to me was driver of the day the race could of been completly diffrent if he didnt have that disastorus pit stop i reckon he could of been 2nd or 3rd.

BBS Signature