00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Scottistrash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Official Formula 1 Club

27,998 Views | 325 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-22 08:11:49

At 3/22/08 07:23 AM, Sentio wrote: although the death of Ratzenberger the day before was even more horrific in many ways, with all that footage of him being resuscitated on the track- many people forget that he died on the same track the day before, which is a shame as both men deserve to be remembered equally, even if Senna was the greater talent.

Oh, so in that video, all them accidents happened the same weekend? Wow, that´s sad. It´s bad enough to have one death in Formula1, let alone 2....on the same track. I didn´t know the other guy died.

It was Barrichello in the very first crash on there, and he can consider himself lucky that he got out relatively unscathed- the cars weren't built as strong back in those days, and there were frequent problems with tyres flying off and taking out other cars/marshals/public. Hopefully there will never be incidents like that again with the strict safety measures in place these days.

Yeah, he is lucky. It looked worse than the other two accidents. And yeah, i hope nothing like that happens again :(

And so, the Malaysian qualifying is over, and Ferrari are heading out 1st and 2nd! Mclaren are next with Kovalainen 3rd, and Hamilton 4th. Alonso starts way back at 9th :)

Check whole qualifying list here.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-22 11:19:28

I am so joining this club. I actually love F1 far too much. Although I was extremely disapointed last season when Raikkonen won.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-22 12:17:02

At 3/22/08 11:19 AM, thegreatmorph wrote: Although I was extremely disapointed last season when Raikkonen won.

Me too :(

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-22 13:26:59

At 3/22/08 08:11 AM, Life-Stream wrote: And so, the Malaysian qualifying is over, and Ferrari are heading out 1st and 2nd! Mclaren are next with Kovalainen 3rd, and Hamilton 4th. Alonso starts way back at 9th :)

Check whole qualifying list here.

Sandbagging at all? Ferrari have two fresh engines and gearboxes in their cars after their fiasco at Australia. McLaren have to nurse the cars a little more, but I think that will dissappear tomorrow, when McLaren can run their engines into the ground, while Ferrari must concentrate on getting those engines out of Malaysia in one piece, points won, fit for another race distance.

Watch out for Bourdais is all I can say. I've got a feeling.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-22 15:21:11

At 3/22/08 01:26 PM, Coop83 wrote: Watch out for Bourdais is all I can say. I've got a feeling.

Ya think? He did do well first race, but i dunno.....Would like to see some new challengers though.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-23 15:49:01

At 3/22/08 01:26 PM, Coop83 wrote: Watch out for Bourdais is all I can say. I've got a feeling.

Sorry to say, but your feeling was quite wrong, after him pulling out in the first lap and all.

Well, I suppose doing a positions and overview would be something I'd like to take on the responsibilities of if that's ok? If anyone doesn't want me to or anything then I don't really mind, but I really can't get enough of this kind of stuff.

1 Raikonnen Ferrari 1:31:18.555 2 10
2 Kubica BMW +19.5 secs 4 8
3 Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes +38.4 secs 8 6
4 Trulli Toyota +45.8 secs 3 5
5 Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes +46.5 secs 9 4
6 Heidfeld BMW +49.8 secs 5 3
7 Webber Red-Bull Renaut +68.1 secs 6 2
8 Alonso Renaut +70.0 secs 7 1
9 Coulthard Red-Bull Renaut +76.2 secs 12
10 Button Honda +86.2 secs 11
11 Piquet Renaut +92.2 secs 13
12 Fisichella Force-India Ferrari +1 Lap 17
13 Barrichello Honda +1 Lap 14
14 Rosberg Williams-Toyota +1 Lap 16
15 Davidson Super-Aguri Honda +1 Lap 21
16 Sato Super-Aguri Honda +2 Laps 19
17 Nakajima Williams-Toyota +2 Laps 22
Ret Vettel STR-Ferrari Hydraulics 15
Ret Massa Ferrari Spin 1
Ret Sutil Force-India Ferrari Hydraulics 20
Ret Glock Toyota Accident 10
Ret Bordais STR-Ferrari Spin 18

All I really want to say is how disappointed I am with Massa's performance today. Even though he's a thoroughly experienced F1 driver he can't keep the car on the road. True you could say he's still adapting to the rule change, in which traction control was taken out of the cars but even then, the other drivers seem to be handling it much better than he. He should have adapted by now.

I feel bad for Hamilton, also he was held up behind Webber because of bad McLaren decision making. Surely they would have known from qualifying and saturday practice their car was performing much better on the Harder tyres? Yet they put Hamilton on softs for 45 laps of the race and expect him to get past Webber and try for a podium. Not only that, but his first pit stop lost him 12 seconds because of a technical hitch.

Well, on roll Bahrain, and lets hope Hamilton gets some better luck this time.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-23 19:22:08

Damn an F1 crew, im so here!!

Pretty decent race today but this ferrari domination lloks like it could go on for a while, even in australia you could see they were quick even if it was for only one or 2 laps.

btw for all you fans in england i have great news, in 2009 F1 will be shown on BBC!!! this is greta becuase we wont miss a bit of the action due to the lack of adverts! horray the BBC budget being used wisly for once!

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-23 19:24:10

At 3/22/08 03:21 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
Ya think? He did do well first race, but i dunno.....Would like to see some new challengers though.

lol he had a great race in the end off on the 1st corner!!!!

hes nothing special these indy/champ car drivers never do that well in F1 must be something to do with bends....

lilcheeselad says: You can't blame EyeLovePoozy for being a douche, he can't help it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-23 19:38:11

sorry for tripple,

but this is why montoya will never be in F1 again.

Bad montoya!

Also an excellent website for highlights!

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-25 02:33:10

Ah...yeah...Ferrari won..i wont yahoo to much because i know of everyone here that doesn't aprove of them. But damn, bad luck for Hamilton in his pit stop. And holy shit, Mark Webber actually finished the race! =O

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-25 04:28:52

At 3/22/08 03:21 PM, Life-Stream wrote:

Well, he's won titles abroad in the IRL and / or CART, so don't think he's a rookie with no hope.

At 3/23/08 03:49 PM, thegreatmorph wrote: Sorry to say, but your feeling was quite wrong, after him pulling out in the first lap and all.

Well, you win some, you lose some.

At 3/23/08 07:38 PM, cronic-22 wrote: but this is why montoya will never be in F1 again.

Bad montoya!

That may have been his fault, but I think that it was just a racing incident. I think the reason he will never return to F1 is that he's doing just fine in NASCAR - he's won 1 race in his rookie season (road course) and he's got his sights set on more then one win this year.

At 3/25/08 02:33 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Ah...yeah...Ferrari won..i wont yahoo to much because i know of everyone here that doesn't aprove of them. But damn, bad luck for Hamilton in his pit stop. And holy shit, Mark Webber actually finished the race! =O

I think that the tyres choice cost Hamilton and Kovalainen mostly - they had 1 set of hards and 2 sets of the soft, which fell off the pace too quickly. Hamilton being stuck behind Mark Webber for all of those laps didn't help him and he did well to salvage some half-decent points from this weekend.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-25 05:39:04

At 3/25/08 04:28 AM, Coop83 wrote: I think that the tyres choice cost Hamilton and Kovalainen mostly - they had 1 set of hards and 2 sets of the soft, which fell off the pace too quickly.

It also didn't help that they screwed with that gay little rim on the front right tire, that cost him a few seconds in the pit. Bad luck for him though, and Massa...i don't know whats going on with him.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-25 08:40:38

At 3/25/08 05:39 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: It also didn't help that they screwed with that gay little rim on the front right tire, that cost him a few seconds in the pit. Bad luck for him though, and Massa...i don't know whats going on with him.

Yeah, the frisbee didn't prove to be of any use to McLaren this time. Don't expect to see them as part of the car in Bahrain :P

And Massa drives too hard and he just pushes himself over the edge. I think Alonso will be driving for Ferrari next season.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-26 01:58:09

At 3/25/08 08:40 AM, Coop83 wrote: I think Alonso will be driving for Ferrari next season.

NO! NO NO NO DON'T SAY THAT NOOOOOOOO!

I heard Massa signed a contract with Ferrari for long term, and Raikkonen had better stay put >:C

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-26 06:02:31

At 3/26/08 01:58 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: I heard Massa signed a contract with Ferrari for long term, and Raikkonen had better stay put >:C

Massa is under contract until the end of 2010. Ferrari may well decide to cut him loose unless he learns how to drive again.

I'd have to take a double world champion over Felipe Massa, who is the only driver 'sensible' enough to take the same sort of shit as Rubens Barichello took from Michael Schumacher. He's spineless and I wonder what he said to David Coulthard after the Auzzie GP!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-26 06:16:51

Ya finally a club that l belong too

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-26 06:32:02

At 3/26/08 06:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: Massa is under contract until the end of 2010. Ferrari may well decide to cut him loose unless he learns how to drive again.

LOL!

He's spineless and I wonder what he said to David Coulthard after the Auzzie GP!

Oh he isn't that bad, but yes, i to wonder what he told Coulthard, i bet that didn't go down all that well. Also, how long do you think it will take before Hamilton starts being offered contracts to change teams? Or do you think he will stay with McLaren for his F1 Career.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-03-26 15:43:08

Alonso will never drive for the big F, they dont need him kimi is there no schumacher and massa is there new barricello!!

Also heiki and hamilton were on diffrent tyres

heiki used 2 pairs of softs and still did crap (well 3rd is good just how far behind in 3rd was bad0.

And remebr the driver chooses the tyres to not just the team.

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-04-04 04:51:06

At 3/26/08 06:32 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: Also, how long do you think it will take before Hamilton starts being offered contracts to change teams? Or do you think he will stay with McLaren for his F1 Career.

I think that Hamilton was already offered lucrative money to join Ferrari, but I think he'll be a McLaren Driver, as long as Ron Dennis is in charge at the team.

At 3/26/08 03:43 PM, cronic-22 wrote: Alonso will never drive for the big F, they dont need him kimi is there no schumacher and massa is there new barricello!!

...No. Kimi isn't that arrogant and he won his championship without cheating. Barichello could get to the end of a race without driving it off the edge.

Also heiki and hamilton were on diffrent tyres

heiki used 2 pairs of softs and still did crap (well 3rd is good just how far behind in 3rd was bad0.

They had the same Tyres - 2 Soft sets, 1 Hard and they used them differently. Heikki used his Hards in the middle stint, while Lewis used his Hards last.

And remebr the driver chooses the tyres to not just the team.

Please remember to use spelling and Capitalisation. The team has some input into this situation - they use the driver's feedback to make the best decision possible for all parties involved.

Bahrain this weekend - No Max Moseley present at the race, as allegations that he took part in a Nazi-Style orgy in a torture dungeon. Personally, I'd rather he left, as he's been in charge for long enough in my opinion.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-04-04 05:06:36

Eccelstone is a fucking knob. He's forcing the Melbourne race to be held at night. First of all, im not fucked flying to Melbourne, second of all, i wouldn't enjoy sitting in the cold watching the race.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-04-07 16:53:26

Result from Bahrain. I'm dissapointed in a frankly silly mistake from Lewis. Hopefully he will learn from this and thankfully, the title is far from lost yet.

1 Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari one hour 31 minutes 6.970 seconds
2 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari +3.339 secs
3 Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber +4.998
4 Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber +8.409
5 Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes +26.789
6 Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota +41.314
7 Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault +45.473
8 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota +55.889
9 Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota +1:09.500
10 Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault +1:17.181
11 Rubens Barrichello (Bra) Honda +1:17.862
12 Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari one lap behind
13 Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes one lap
14 Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota one lap
15 Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso-Ferrari one lap
16 Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri-Honda one lap
17 Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda one lap
18 David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault one lap
19 Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari two laps
R Nelson Piquet Jr (Brz) Renault 40 laps completed
R Jenson Button (GB) Honda 19 laps
R Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0 laps

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-16 18:22:40

next gp is monaco back to the principility

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-17 03:50:13

It's been going well for Ferrari so far, im happy. Hamilton is having a good season as well.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-17 04:34:11

At 5/17/08 03:50 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote: It's been going well for Ferrari so far, im happy. Hamilton is having a good season as well.

He could be doing better though. Atleast he had an ok race last Sunday. 2nd place is better than nothing. But the BMWs are starting to catch up little by little aswell.

We´ll see what happens in Monaco. I always look forward to the Monaco race as i´ve been there and walked down the roads they race on :D

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-17 04:37:03

I wonder who will win the Monaco Grand Prix. Anyway, who won the Turkey Grand Prix? Did the Iceman won it?

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-17 05:32:45

At 5/17/08 04:37 AM, youngblood26 wrote: I wonder who will win the Monaco Grand Prix. Anyway, who won the Turkey Grand Prix? Did the Iceman won it?

1st - Massa
2nd - Hamilton
3rd - Raikkonen

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-17 05:48:25

At 5/17/08 04:37 AM, youngblood26 wrote: I wonder who will win the Monaco Grand Prix. Anyway, who won the Turkey Grand Prix? Did the Iceman won it?

Iceman was sadly wanting in Turkey. I feel that the only way he managed a podium was by slicing through Heikki Kovalainen's rear tyre in the first corner :P

Hamilton was fast, but I would have played the tyre game differently, saving the faster (harder) tyre set for the last stint and using the soft tyres on the second of his three stops. After all, Lewis did close the gap on Massa from 5s to 3s on that final stint. With the extra 0.5 - 1s per lap he would have gained from his favoured tyres, he might have had a shot at passing Felipe. - They had to build a track that suited his driving style, didn't they >:(

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-17 05:55:38

At 5/17/08 05:48 AM, Coop83 wrote: Hamilton was fast, but I would have played the tyre game differently, saving the faster (harder) tyre set for the last stint and using the soft tyres on the second of his three stops.

You think he should have done 2 stops? Nearly everyone else did 2.

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-20 08:39:55

At 5/17/08 05:55 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 5/17/08 05:48 AM, Coop83 wrote: Hamilton was fast, but I would have played the tyre game differently, saving the faster (harder) tyre set for the last stint and using the soft tyres on the second of his three stops.
You think he should have done 2 stops? Nearly everyone else did 2.

No, the three stop strategy for Lewis worked quite well and made him faster. What he needed to do was the following tyre strategy:

Start : Hard Tyres
Stop 1: Hard Tyres (Passes Massa on the track)
Stop 2: Soft Tyres (Consolidate position - 2nd)
Stop 3: Hard Tyres (Massa and Raikkonen are on the same fuel load, but the hard tyres, which aren't so quick on a Ferrari. Hamilton closes and has a good chance to pass Massa)

Monaco will be such a great race weekend, I can't wait!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Official Formula 1 Club 2008-05-27 05:13:51

At 5/20/08 08:39 AM, Coop83 wrote: Monaco will be such a great race weekend, I can't wait!

You bet it was! Our man Hamilton took home 10 points :D

Monaco 2008 standings:

1)Lewis Hamilton
2)Robert Kubica
3)Felipe Massa
4)Mark Webber
5)Sebastian Vettel
6)Rubens Barrichello
7)Kazuki Nakajima
8)Heikki Kovalainen

I only got to watch the first half of the race because i had to go out, but when i saw Hamilton hit the barrier and loose one of his rear tyres i thought he would be out, but luckily nothing else happened to the car and it was just the tyre, so McLaren took advantage of the situation, brought him in, gave him new tyres and re-fueled him, as if it was his first pit stop. I think this worked out to an advantage in the end.

Alonso didn´t seem to have a good race either after hitting the same barrier as Hamilton and also loosing a tyre. Then he tried to overtake Nick Heidfield on the hairpin, where it was basically impossible. He hit Heidfield in the side spinning him slightly, then when Heidfield drove of again his back wheel clipped Alonso´s front wing, knocking it off, which meant another pitstop for him, lol. Serves him right.

Other people that deserve a mention are Nakajima who finished 7th, which isn´t too bad, and Kovaleinen who finished 8th after starting last. I missed qualifying so i don´t know why he started last, but he didn´t do too bad :)

Also, Raikkonen finished 9th so he didn´t get any points, letting Hamilton take the championship back :D

The Official Formula 1 Club