00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top Five February Voting!

33,606 Views | 324 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:28:53

We have established a panel of judges to vote on their five favorite submissions for February. If you are on this panel you probably don't know it yet. You will see a special link on your Grounds Gold menu when you log in!

Voting will take place from March 1st through the 4th. The monthly winners will then be announced!

I have created an information page to explain how the panel of judges is selected and how the process works. Please take a look! If you are eligible to vote, cast your votes now!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:32:53

but i wanted to be a judge :(

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:36:38

Even though some of us will have to wait a while before we are eligible, I really think this is the best possible method for choosing the judges. It's certainly a good way to eliminate mass voting.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:38:36

looks good, although choosing the top 5 favs would take some time.

question: do people who have alt account allowed to vote with them as well? i have a level 12 account that has the link in the menu and i was wondering about it.

words

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:40:00

Holy hawtness :D

My choices are done. Hopefully, most voters will be fair.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:43:33

Pretty coolness

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:44:11

I was starting to wonder when will the "judging" begin.
Oh well, good luck to all the artists that are participating in this event ! :)
And to all the judges, try voting according to the "mini-rules" on the page.

At 3/1/05 08:35 AM, BadReligionSkater wrote: That's one big bunch of submissions to check out!

Hell yeah ! Around 150 top-notch flash entries to check out.
I haven't seen some of them, so I guess I'll watch them all before I cast my votes.
Thank god we have 4 days lol. By the way, I guess this is why NG was running weird for the past hours: the uploading of the page and the insertion of the "new voting system".

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:44:31

At 3/1/05 08:38 AM, iamnone wrote: looks good, although choosing the top 5 favs would take some time.

question: do people who have alt account allowed to vote with them as well? i have a level 12 account that has the link in the menu and i was wondering about it.

No, we track for alt accounts in the voting process, so that would be a bad idea. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:48:06

ooh first time ive posted in the last couple days,cool new setup.

Oh well i cant vote yet.......but how isit going to work theres about 1700 plp ahead of me so are you going to change the requirements later on?
if not it doesnt really matter how long im here because i doubt i'll ever get down to the top 2000 and that what kinda has me worried,if you dont change it to how long some1 has been a member (with the activity requirment of course) some of us will never be able to vote.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:51:45

At 3/1/05 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: No, we track for alt accounts in the voting process, so that would be a bad idea. :)

i see, thanks for the answer.

words

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:53:25

Nice, I just got done voting on my top five fav, I have seen most of them, and I spent a lot of time picking out the five best.

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:55:47

Cool, that's a decent way to choose a panel I suppose. My series is in there, which is also cool. :D I've also found some other Flash movies on there that I completely missed and are really awesome, so I'm loving this monthly thing already.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:56:55

At 3/1/05 08:44 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 3/1/05 08:38 AM, iamnone wrote: looks good, although choosing the top 5 favs would take some time.

No, we track for alt accounts in the voting process, so that would be a bad idea. :)

bull shit...

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:58:48

Woohoo. I jave the link. Good idea Tom. I'll vote on these later. =]

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 08:59:11

I feel so honoured that I got on the panel. I may be ranked #1,282 but I was actually doubting I would get on the panel... There are a lot of movies to choose from but I will watch every single one so justice prevails! :D

By the way, congrats Tom on the 10 year anniversary coming up and this massive involvement with the users lately- really makes a huge difference.

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:03:59

At 3/1/05 08:48 AM, XXXMATTXXX wrote: ooh first time ive posted in the last couple days,cool new setup.

Oh well i cant vote yet.......but how isit going to work theres about 1700 plp ahead of me so are you going to change the requirements later on?

The top 2,000 is based on users who were active in the past month, so eventually a time will come where you may be one of the top 2,000 who was recently active.

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:04:18

Well, I'd already seen them all (yes i have no life).
So voting only took me 15 mins.

Good luck to all artists.

R.I.P LIVECORPSE

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:10:26

Well I sent my votes just now. Ironically, upon the first attempt I got a bandwidth error. :P

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:11:08

PervSnake isnt there, I wont vote.
...lol no, I got 2 or 3 submissions I loved.
Vote for Komjo in first place.
:) Komjo is awesome, I love grotesque, and I'm not the only one to share that feeling apparently *wink wink*

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:12:14

My whooping 146exp didn't qualify. ):

BUT I VOTED EVERY DAY.. FOR A WEEK... IN 2000. >:/

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:14:54

Hehehe, I got some work to do. (grumbles something about only being in the top 10000.)

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:32:06

That's a CRAZY amount of submissions. This was a difficult bote!

What up?

Gamertag: DrunkenPenguin1

Twitter: @DrewToTheU

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:37:57

I finally managed to make a choice, and I voted.
It was really hard ! I spent almost half an hour trying to decide which movies to pick. After all, they're all so good, all the authors in there are SO talented. You just do not know what to chose, if it were up to me, I would pick each and every one... Plus, there are so many good entries to choose from, making the choice even more difficult.
But hey, I finally managed to overcome that 2 minutes ago ! :)
Once again, good luck to all the artists out there.
Too bad we can't see "the stats of the poll" after we vote. As in how many votes each submission already has. But I guess that's to avoid cheating and other things like that.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:39:21

question

For now I am fine with the selection of voters. But I am just wondering, will the Panel of voters eventually change to something slightly more selective, or will it remain as the top 2000 users.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:39:46

HAHAHAAHA. Our Collab is in it!

I feel loved.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:42:07

At 3/1/05 09:39 AM, Sqeezy wrote: HAHAHAAHA. Our Collab is in it!

I feel loved.

Then again.. almost every movie is in there.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:42:46

Guess Ill start watching them all 1 by 1 again seeing as I can't rememebr what some were like jus tby the thumbnail.
The votes will take place over the next 4 days, when'll the winners be announced?/

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:42:54

Bump Copter should win 8-)

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:45:00

I just want to say I'm proud to be part of this and will do my best to pick those I feel are deserving, just as is intended.

One small point. I know 4 days is a fair bit, and those who visit NG a lot will have seen most of those submissions before.

But as none of those days fall on a weekend, I can see some folk rushing through the submissions, maybe not giving it as much thought as they may have otherwise done.

Maybe future voting sessions should last a week so people can do it on whatever day is their day off?

I'm unemployed atm, so I don't give a fuck personally. Just, yknow, folk should really watch all the submissions at least 2x I feel to be fully prepared to say what are the top 5. Otherwise, some folk may just vote for things they've seen before and have had time to appreciate.

Response to Top Five February Voting! 2005-03-01 09:46:24

At 3/1/05 09:39 AM, Sqeezy wrote: HAHAHAAHA. Our Collab is in it!

I feel loved.

Actually that brings up a very good point.

If the animtion is a collab how is the money distributed. Is is cut up amongst the authors, or does each one get $250. Also, for those authors living in other countries, do they get a check for $250 american and then have to change it to their own currency, or do they get it in their own currency, or are they just not eligable (which would suck ass)