00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GasGrass just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

133,391 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-16 23:25:22

What is this discussion going on about? I don't even

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-23 20:15:51

I can't believe people still use this thread. Let alone still on Newgrounds.
It's good to see all of you again. Yes, I know, from time to time I always drop in for a message and leave. I was thinking of Retrogade lately and as it always has (for some strange reason) is a goal of mine to revive it. Even when there's obviously no demand for it.

At 11/16/10 08:39 AM, Strauss wrote: sk once uploaded all the artwork and code on this thread and i think i downloaded them, in fact, i think i still have all the stored artwork if i can find it.....maybe i deleted it. but it was a funny thing that rg became so popular considering josh admitted that he just made it to test his php skills and see what he could do.

I've got a copy on my external hard drive. I look at it from time to time, but talk about a fuck load of lines and complete mess of code to sift through.

At 11/16/10 10:42 AM, Narusegawa wrote: How's it coming along with the website? Is it going well? Hehe I never thought Retrogade could make a comeback ;-)

I contacted Quik about a half a year or year ago about the idea of reviving it with him. He never did get back to me. He showed interest, but that was about it.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-23 21:34:49

At 11/23/10 08:15 PM, Rocket wrote: He showed interest, but that was about it.

since he's become an apathetic old man... that's saying a lot for him

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 00:07:22

Hey! I'm a busy guy, ok.
I don't have the programming chops to get a project like RetroGade off the ground. All I can really work on is the layout and basic HTML/CSS.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 10:52:50

At 11/24/10 12:07 AM, QuikFox wrote:
Hey! I'm a busy guy, ok.
I don't have the programming chops to get a project like RetroGade off the ground. All I can really work on is the layout and basic HTML/CSS.

Haha, don't worry about it. I, too, am insanely busy. Someday in the future, RG will be back. In the meantime, if someone wants to ever head the project or is looking for the source code give me a shout. - doucet_02@hotmail.com - http://twitter.com/d_doucet

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 11:41:56

At 11/24/10 12:07 AM, QuikFox wrote:
Hey! I'm a busy guy, ok.

I don't have a ton of free time lately, but I might be able to help out every now and then.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 14:05:19

and i'll invest and be the hype man, like dana white or flava flav - somewhere in the middle of them two

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 19:14:42

At 11/24/10 02:05 PM, LethalDosage wrote: like dana white or flava flav - somewhere in the middle of them two

You better kill yourself now otherwise I might have to.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 19:16:13

At 11/24/10 07:14 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 11/24/10 02:05 PM, LethalDosage wrote: like dana white or flava flav - somewhere in the middle of them two

Kill you, that is.

Also, I can pay for the hosting and everything that shouldn't be an issue. But I am on vacation until the 6th of December so I can start working on the getting the layout fine tuned.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-24 20:47:47

At 11/24/10 07:16 PM, QuikFox wrote:
Kill you, that is.

if by kill you mean luv...I kill you too man, I kill you too

Also, I can pay for the hosting and everything that shouldn't be an issue. But I am on vacation until the 6th of December so I can start working on the getting the layout fine tuned.

stfu. I want to buy stock!... in all seriousness that is the only way I can contribute since I have no useful skills.. but I do like to say flavvvvvaaaaa flavvvvvv

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-25 02:00:33

Wow, SK is still alive too?

shocked

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-25 09:33:27

At 11/25/10 02:00 AM, SeeD419 wrote: Wow, SK is still alive too?

shocked

You found me on Facebook, you shouldn't be too shocked :-P

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-25 13:30:52

At 11/25/10 09:33 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: You found me on Facebook, you shouldn't be too shocked :-P

lol, nah, I just figured you had gone totally inactive here though.

If Retrogade gets up and running again I think I'll poop my pants from nostalgia.

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-25 13:36:03

At 11/25/10 01:30 PM, SeeD419 wrote: nostalgia.

don't worry, nostalgia will poop its pants from nostalgia if it ever happens

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 17:49:42

At 11/25/10 01:30 PM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 11/25/10 09:33 AM, ShittyKitty wrote: You found me on Facebook, you shouldn't be too shocked :-P
lol, nah, I just figured you had gone totally inactive here though.

If Retrogade gets up and running again I think I'll poop my pants from nostalgia.

I've got this thread bookmarked, and I check it once a month or so when I get bored at work.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 19:12:26

So, if ShittyKitty or Rocket wants to get a code base established I think it would be possible for me to have the forum layouts completed by the end of the week. Perhaps we could have the forums up and running and then build the site up around it.

THOUGHTS?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 19:20:45

At 11/29/10 05:49 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I've got this thread bookmarked, and I check it once a month or so when I get bored at work.

OMG ME TOO.
Except daily for me.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 19:54:35

At 11/29/10 07:20 PM, QuikFox wrote: OMG ME TOO.

OH EM GEE ME THREEE lets date ?

also what you said about the site running and stuff, superrrrr

question; will I be ip banned from the start ? good idea tho right ?

but seriously my thoughts on this are ones of a supportive enthusiastic nature *hugs* *happy faic* you can do it!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 21:10:39

damn lots of nostalgia up in hurr

The fab king.

Used to be Darkness.

|[Gym]|[Hiphop]|[Fab Lounge]

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 22:57:08

I DON'T KNOW WHO QUITE A FEW OF THESE PEOPLE ARE.

I wonder if mods even read this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-29 23:15:28

At 11/16/10 11:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:

If they did, they definitely wouldn't post, that would lessen their ninja effect by -2

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 12:02:42

At 11/29/10 11:15 PM, LethalDosage wrote:
At 11/16/10 11:21 AM, Bahamut wrote:
If they did, they definitely wouldn't post, that would lessen their ninja effect by -2

It stays open for the hope of Retrogade returning someday... Damn, this must feel like the new Duke Nukem Forever. Don't worry about me, you're all good right now.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 12:42:30

At 11/30/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: It stays open for the hope of Retrogade returning someday... Damn, this must feel like the new Duke Nukem Forever. Don't worry about me, you're all good right now.

lol as soon as I seen your post from the main C&C page I checked to see if I could still post ;D
everyone! point at the leper! "ewwwww scabs"

and SK or rocket, or both! respond to QF so I can droll with excitement =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 13:24:59

This is off topic but the person I am referring to doesn't want to listen to my e-mails/pm for some reason...
CHANGE YOUR FUCKIN HOTMAIL PASSWORD YOU NOOB - you.have.been.jacked.
Im tired of getting mass e-mails for boner pills you little jerk - I got another one last night from you (ill copy/paste it to you if you'll answer your pms)

That is all =]

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 15:25:48

At 11/30/10 12:42 PM, LethalDosage wrote:
At 11/30/10 12:02 PM, Bahamut wrote: It stays open for the hope of Retrogade returning someday... Damn, this must feel like the new Duke Nukem Forever. Don't worry about me, you're all good right now.
lol as soon as I seen your post from the main C&C page I checked to see if I could still post ;D
everyone! point at the leper! "ewwwww scabs"

and SK or rocket, or both! respond to QF so I can droll with excitement =]

Maybe tomorrow I'll start hashing out a basic forum system that can be fitted into a layout. I make no promises, since I'll probably be doing all of this while I'm at work, but I'll see what I can do. (Plus I have doctor appointments, a new range being delivered, and WoW Cataclysm, so yeaaaah...)

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-11-30 15:27:30

At 11/29/10 07:12 PM, QuikFox wrote: So, if ShittyKitty or Rocket wants to get a code base established I think it would be possible for me to have the forum layouts completed by the end of the week. Perhaps we could have the forums up and running and then build the site up around it.

THOUGHTS?

Oh yeah, if I do this, I'm only going to be a behind-the-scenes coder, I can't manage the day-to-day stuff like I used to. I've got a lot less free time than I did in college ;-)

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 03:01:52

Ok, I have a couple quick preliminary layouts for the forums. It would be great if you could tell me what you would like changed, added, removed, rearranged, or whatever now since it'll be easier to fix as I'm putting this shit all together.

Forum Prelims

At 11/30/10 03:27 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: I can't manage the day-to-day stuff like I used to. I've got a lot less free time than I did in college ;-)

I hope that shouldn't be a problem, haha! I'm sure that we can all work together to get this taken care of!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 11:08:38

At 11/30/10 03:25 PM, ShittyKitty wrote: Maybe tomorrow I'll start hashing out a basic forum system that can be fitted into a layout. I make no promises, since I'll probably be doing all of this while I'm at work, but I'll see what I can do. (Plus I have doctor appointments, a new range being delivered, and WoW Cataclysm, so yeaaaah...)

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo =]
lol put the wow down
everyone give sk a e-hand for even thinking about doing it in the midst of all that stuff he just said...his wow for god sakes! =]

At 12/1/10 03:01 AM, QuikFox wrote: Forum Prelims

what is this ?.. a center for ants ?...it needs to be at leasttt...3 times bigger then this..

looks clean, I can't see nothing that needs to be changed - ima sit here for an hour and stare at it though - then start complaining about shit
ill be back

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 14:33:53

At 12/1/10 03:01 AM, QuikFox wrote: Ok, I have a couple quick preliminary layouts for the forums. It would be great if you could tell me what you would like changed, added, removed, rearranged, or whatever now since it'll be easier to fix as I'm putting this shit all together.

Forum Prelims

I've got a basic stripped-down version of the main forum page working, with a little bit of the user database and forum database implemented. I'll probably start working on the topic page now. I've pretty much just taken the layout you posted and made some text-based stuff that looks like it, so it'll be relatively easy to plug into your layout once you slice it. (and you should get on AIM / give me your contact info so we can do this more easily :-P )

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-12-01 17:15:59

Alright, I've posted what I've got working on my web server: http://retrogade.jfsoftware.com It definitely ain't pretty, but it's somewhat functional. At the moment, you can only view what already exists. The only user is ShittyKitty (password is "password" without the quotes).