00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Gym

126,429 Views | 2,009 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Ng Gym 2005-07-24 21:00:50

Welcome one, welcome all to NG's very own Gym.

With weight becoming such a huge issue in the world we need to fight it.

So, join the NG Gym. Where we can:
Trade tips.
Trade workouts.
Ask questions about anything you may have on your mind.

I'd like some staff also.
If you are interesting in become a staff member, please say so. Either vai email or just in this thread. I'm no expert so I'm gonna need someone who can answer questions.

Remember, we want this to be a friendly atmosphere.
No flaming.
No spamming.
Be nice to each other, we're all humans, sharing the same planet afterall.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-24 21:04:43

K personally I don't see how this would workout. No pun intended. Well if it does hit off I will check it out from time to time. Good idea tho! Well wieght is a prob in America. I myslef am overwieght but not humonguosly fat. I am comfortable with myself and my image. Good Luck!

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-24 21:12:01

Cool, seeing as i have joined a gym earlier this year, this topic sounds like a good idea to me.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 00:50:29

I have been working out since i was 12 and have a nice stature i as i need one cause i am on the wrestling team. i would like to be a staff member. I would love to trade tips and help people carve their body how they want it!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 00:54:14

Nice Idea. I myself have been trying to get into better shape, I'm 6'1 and 208 lbs. I've been trying to lose some weight by doing 100 sit ups and 20 push ups every night, but I gain muslce but and lose some weight but I don't really seem to be getting any definition, any tips for a work out newb? lol.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 01:02:12

At 7/25/05 12:54 AM, Vegeton wrote: Nice Idea. I myself have been trying to get into better shape, I'm 6'1 and 208 lbs. I've been trying to lose some weight by doing 100 sit ups and 20 push ups every night, but I gain muslce but and lose some weight but I don't really seem to be getting any definition, any tips for a work out newb? lol.

See you have to work your whole body if ya wanna lose weight the rite way.our arms,legs,back,shoulder, neck etc... i highly recommend the bowflex, i get almost everything done ofn their they have a plan and everything. I work out 7 days a week but normal is 3 days or 4 at max. And as for pushups they are great but you need many reps and many sets a day to get good results. I try at least 150 a day. and in like 25 reps a set.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 01:10:36

I'll join. I've been going to thw gym since 17 and I'm losing about 5 to 10 ponds every 2 months. Right now my weight is 180 pounds. Kind of normal for a 25 year old guy.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 01:19:54

I'm on a mission to get back into shape this summer.

I'm a hardcore cross country runner, so I know a lot when it comes to long distance running.

With weight-lifting, I'm a novice. I mean, I lift weights...but I wouldn't consider myself an expert in the field.

I'll pop in again to see how things are going. Peace.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 11:45:10

Hi guys. Everyone who's posted are all in.

I'm still looking for some more staff so don't hesitate to ask (thanks to DarkDevil for joining the staff <3). And thanks to everyone else <3.

Founder: -Nev-

Staff:
1: DarkDeviL92

1: SivartKceBael (Assuming you want to join?)
2: Crimson_Lake
3: Vegeton
4: GeneralMBison
5: DopplarEffekt

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 11:55:02

At 7/25/05 01:19 AM, DopplarEffekt wrote: I'm on a mission to get back into shape this summer.

from the cross country remark i am guessing ur les are fit so now the hardest part is to wok your core. Your chest and arms are most important and then shoulders and back and occassional leg workouts mostly squats but not many as you do running already

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 11:57:07

The BowFlex sounds great, I just don't the money for it right now lol. But isn't there something just as effective..what's it called..self something. All I know is it was a technique used by that old body builder dude in the like 40's or something, you know the big guy who was in all the comic books and it was like "YOU CAN BE JUST LIKE HIM!!!" lol.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 11:59:02

What is the BowFlex?

What does it do?

How much does it cost?

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:03:14

It's a work out gym station thing, full body I believe. THE BOWFLEX is at that link, click away. It's like 16$ a month for so many months.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:05:29

At 7/25/05 11:55 AM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: from the cross country remark i am guessing ur les are fit so now the hardest part is to wok your core. Your chest and arms are most important and then shoulders and back and occassional leg workouts mostly squats but not many as you do running already

Yes, I really need to work on my chest. My quads, hamstrings, calves, and shins are all fine. My pecs need work, though. I've been benching for about a week so far, and I'm hoping that I see some improvement in a few months.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:09:07

Good idea fora club!

I don't go to any gym, but i go to an athletics school, where gym is on the scedule every day. I'll make my first contribution to this club by giving a small tip:

If you're overweight, and only want to burn fat, then i suggest you should go outside and start walking regularly. Repetivate movements usually tend to make more good than we might notice.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:14:25

At 7/25/05 12:09 PM, Frostbreath wrote: If you're overweight, and only want to burn fat, then i suggest you should go outside and start walking regularly. Repetivate movements usually tend to make more good than we might notice.

Yeah, doctors and health physicians have always said that walking is the best form of exercise, I try to walk, run and or jog daily.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:31:14

At 7/25/05 12:09 PM, Frostbreath wrote: If you're overweight, and only want to burn fat, then i suggest you should go outside and start walking regularly. Repetivate movements usually tend to make more good than we might notice.

I wouldn't say I'm overweight but I do got some chunk, actually I look pretty thin but healthy. But I do walk ALOT lol, I walk all over my town every other day, my legs have no probelm they're nicely built I've come to learn already that walking is one of the most beneficial work outs you can do, it's what keeps me from getting any bigger lol.

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:44:39

Yeah walking is good. I walk almost every other day too. Me and a friend just walk around my village for like an hour, just talking about shit. So its quite fun.

But I also have an elliptical trainer and I spend 30 mins on that.
Plus today I've added 30 Sit ups and 30 press ups to my routine (I do 3 rounds of 10. A hold each stretch for 3 seconds).

In the last two weeks I've lost about 6 pounds just doing the 30 mins on my trainer. And I hope the addition of these sit ups and press ups will help tone my chest and stomach.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 12:59:30

Hey i've been trying to get back into shape... I'm about 6'1-6'2 and about 210 lbs... I play baseball durring the spring and i'm usually in the best shape around that time... I've decided to join cross-country cause the rest of the baseball team said it helps them get in better shape... Over the summer i've been doing a lot of running, swimming, and biking and i can do all those fine (i can run for a long time without stopping, bike without stopping for a long time and the same with swimming)... Most of my muscle is in my legs and back... I'm trying to work on my abs and get muscle in my arms... As of right now i cant do a push-up or a pull-up... I was wondering if i could get some advice on how to get stronger abs, get rid of some of the fat on my stomach, and get some strength in my arms...

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 14:37:15

At 7/25/05 12:59 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote:

:stuff

If you wanna work your abs I suggest working all parts of and not just doing sit-ups. Work the lower by doing doing stretches with your legs over your head and hold the stretch, for your upper abs use crunches sit-ups and all ab machines and for lovehandles do stretches where you turn your waist alot to each side and do situps o the side of your body focussing the obliques.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 16:40:29

First of all, that's a good club idea, congratulation!

Also, i wonder if you could give me some help. I've began to do Bench press, abs exercises and biceps exercises at school in september 2004. I've increased my strength a lot, especially in my biceps. Now, i'm looking for a place where i could buy a bench press with a lot of weight, and dumbles to continue to exercises my biceps. Any of you could help me with this? Oh and, if some of you know a good exercise to train the triceps, it would be appreciated.

P.S. I live in Canada, so US stores will probably be useless.

Cig made by a poor Cuban cigar roller who can't afford eating everyday.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-25 22:56:04

At 7/25/05 02:37 PM, DarkDeviL92 wrote: If you wanna work your abs I suggest working all parts of and not just doing sit-ups. Work the lower by doing doing stretches with your legs over your head and hold the stretch, for your upper abs use crunches sit-ups and all ab machines and for lovehandles do stretches where you turn your waist alot to each side and do situps o the side of your body focussing the obliques.

Thank you soo much i will start doing those ASAP... How long should i hold the stretch for the lower?

Thanks nightmareLeecher for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 01:51:24

If you had a chance to be in the Tour de France, would you think it would help your health? Also what gym(s) do you go to? I always go to 24 Hours Fitness.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 09:11:28

At 7/25/05 10:56 PM, Religiously_Rude wrote: Thank you soo much i will start doing those ASAP... How long should i hold the stretch for the lower?

Maybe 3 seconds 4 or 5 at tops.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 09:24:42

The most important thing about shape is doing it often.
Twice a week for 7 hours together < 7 times a week for one hour.

I like having a daily practice, something simple, not much shape:
-25 push ups (trying something else each time, fingers, one hand, each hand far from the other, close...)
-1.5 minutes horse stance
-half a minute flexibility, staright legs - head as much as close to feet
-half a minute flexibility, splitter

Just remmember to start slowly, then slowly do it harder when getting wormed..

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 09:42:13

Hi I'm really strong but thats only because I have a small penis

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 10:36:40

At 7/26/05 09:42 AM, CandiedFoamy wrote: Hi I'm really strong but thats only because I have a small penis

That only happens if you are using Steroids.

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 10:54:40

At 7/26/05 09:24 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Just remmember to start slowly, then slowly do it harder when getting wormed..

Hey, you seem to know about fitness. Would you like to be on the staff team?

At 7/26/05 10:36 AM, GeneralMBison wrote:
At 7/26/05 09:42 AM, CandiedFoamy wrote: Hi I'm really strong but thats only because I have a small penis
That only happens if you are using Steroids.

Haha, bitchin'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 10:56:39

what a bad idea ppl dont come to NG to workout

Response to The Ng Gym 2005-07-26 11:49:35

At 7/25/05 04:40 PM, Break_the_Silence wrote: P.S. I live in Canada, so US stores will probably be useless.

Well..you live in Quebec like me, and it's full of Flex Gyms, theres a couple Gym Zones..not sure if Gold's Gym is still down town or not. But I searched Canada411 for you and heres a nice listing of some gyms in Montreal. Montreal Gyms

XBOX LIVE /// KevRS

BBS Signature