00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

agagaty just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

133,922 Views | 1,941 Replies

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-10 15:51:05

At 7/10/09 10:27 AM, ShittyKitty wrote:
At 7/10/09 06:50 AM, Narusegawa wrote: Yes, I'm wondering when it went down.. offline, etc..
Waaaaaay back in April of 2007: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1996 66/53

Hah, oh well.. It was a neat site as long as it lasted.

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-15 18:06:23

So Josh's posts were deleted?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-15 19:16:12

At 7/15/09 06:06 PM, QuikFox wrote: So Josh's posts were deleted?

So it seems. I can no longer find his account and it seems that all of his posts (I think) have been deleted..

Madness!?

~¥%¥%+oint##so soft ¤%% ++-%¥-~-^->

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-15 19:19:25

At 7/15/09 07:16 PM, Narusegawa wrote:
At 7/15/09 06:06 PM, QuikFox wrote: So Josh's posts were deleted?
So it seems. I can no longer find his account and it seems that all of his posts (I think) have been deleted..

Madness!?

I think he made a news post on his account that he was quitting newgrounds or something.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-15 23:49:33

At 7/15/09 07:19 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I think he made a news post on his account that he was quitting newgrounds or something.

I still think the idea of quitting a website is funny.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-15 23:50:36

At 7/15/09 11:49 PM, QuikFox wrote:
At 7/15/09 07:19 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: I think he made a news post on his account that he was quitting newgrounds or something.

Holy shit.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-16 17:18:49

At 7/15/09 11:49 PM, QuikFox wrote:

I quit you a long time ago, and I didn't think it was funny. :-<

I kid <3

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-17 00:17:27

At 7/15/09 11:50 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Holy shit.

Whoa. Missing the point.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-07-17 00:36:26

At 7/17/09 12:17 AM, QuikFox wrote:
At 7/15/09 11:50 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: Holy shit.
Whoa. Missing the point.

I just thought you died. I guess Minion wasn't lying when he said you were still around.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2009-08-19 13:35:22

Wow I haven't posted in this place for a while. Every year or so I say hello to my thread, and am always surprised that after 5 years it is still kicking.

Good luck with RG guys! When/if it comes back up I will be there to take a gander!

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-07-20 01:04:50

Hey guys.
http://quikfox.deviantart.com/#/d2u7pct

Now, this is what I have (so far) for a redesigned RetroGade website. There are a couple things I am having an issue with and would certainly like some suggestions on how I could resolve these issues.

Please keep in mind that this is a fluid layout that has to expand and contract to a minimum of exactly 780px and a maximum of about 1300px (I haven't determined the exact max dimensions yet so it is flexible somewhat).
I've also adjusted the sizes of the display pictures for users and come up with dimensions of 300x100px.
Submission thumbnails will automatically be generated with a maximum dimension, either height or width, of 240px with a frame around the image adding 5px to each side.
The large showcased image at the top in the green bar will be generated from a selection a person makes when they select the submission to be added to the showcase.
The green search tab is at a fixed location on the screen so it'll always be in that position when you scroll through the page. You won't have to go all the way to the top or bottom of the screen to use it. The same goes with the jump to top tab on the right side.

The first issue I'm having is the advertisement spaces, I'm not entirely sure that I like how they are laid out and look, any ideas on how to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I'm not entirely sure that I like how the News & Announcement section is laid out. I don't know if I should move the image boxes from their current placement beside the news so that the news has that entire section to spread into. Of if I should adjust it some other way. Now, if the image boxes are moved how should they be placed since this is a fluid layout? The only thing I could think of was place the boxes as follows:
If the screen is greater than about 900px it'll be shown as such:
[BOX] [ADS] [BOX]
[BOX] [ADS] [BOX]
If the screen is less than about 900px it'll be shown as such:
[BOX] [ADS]
[BOX] [BOX]
[ADS] [BOX]

Thirdly, as some of the former RetroGade members may know, there was moderator elections every month. I would like this on the front page but I cannot figure out how I should lay that out. The issue, I guess, is should I use the person's display picture rather than their username and how to lay that out with the new dimensions of those pictures.

I am thinking about making that green RetroGade logo on the top be a fixed position so it'll be in that part of the screen all the time like the top and search tabs. Any ideas about this?

Finally, any additions that you would like to see added to this page would be very much welcome. If you want something very specific give me a little bit of an idea what you'd like to see.

With any comments or suggestions that cause me to remove or add certain parts to this layout I'll update this section and image so you can see the progress of the layout as I work on it.

I've got a nice cash flow coming in right now and I feel that I can afford to support the entire website so I need some help with designing it and getting it coded. Give me some of your ideas both in here and over on DeviantArt whatever, see what I care.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-07-23 05:03:47

That looks really awesome.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-07-23 09:30:26

Very nice, QuikFox! I'd love to see Retrogade come back. I miss the other regulars. :<

This is Rensen.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-07-28 14:35:21

At 7/23/10 09:30 AM, Soaked wrote: I miss the other regulars. :<

Thats definitely what I miss the most as well, the community that RetroGade had.

At 7/23/10 05:03 AM, life wrote: That looks really awesome.

Thank you.

At 7/23/10 09:35 AM, citricsquid wrote: fuck fluid layout, spend your time working on an inbetween size.

YES. I did go ahead and decide that I no longer want it to be a fluid layout and I was trying to decide on an appropriate size to make the site correspond to. I was currently working on making it about 980px wide, but I can certainly make it larger or smaller depending on what you guys would think would work best.

The fonts are awful, no spacing makes them hard to read and it may look cool but it's not at all functional. besides that, cool colour scheme.

I can see that parts of the font can make it hard to read but I tried it without that kind of spacing and it didn't seem to have the same pizzaz. Any ideas of a font I could use instead? Or hell, even a better way to utilize the font in order for it to allow better readability while still having a nice impact?

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 09:12:02

Hey Guys,

I've updated the submission with most of the suggestions people sent me.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 17:44:20

mohammad h christ, i never expected you to still be working on that, hahaha. i'm sure sdg will get a kick out of hearing about it, probably usagi too.

about the community we used to share, we won't get that back dude. you know it's what we'd all miss, but so many of us have moved on and gone our own ways, grown up, done stuff.....but i will definitely check out what becomes of the site in terms of success.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 20:26:38

At 8/16/10 05:44 PM, Strauss wrote: i never expected you to still be working on that, hahaha.

I work on it all the time when I'm bored. I think this is like the 4th or 5th layout I've made since it's been down.

i'm sure sdg will get a kick out of hearing about it, probably usagi too.

Don't piss on my parade. :(

about the community we used to share, we won't get that back dude. you know it's what we'd all miss, but so many of us have moved on and gone our own ways, grown up, done stuff.....but i will definitely check out what becomes of the site in terms of success.

I'm sure that we've all gone different ways but I'm still willing to try to get something back which a lot of us enjoyed quite a bit.

Don't piss on my parade. :(

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 21:24:18

ok ok, i wont piss on your parade. the layout DOES look good.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 21:46:36

See, now it sounds back-handed.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 22:33:39

ok first of all, remember who youre talking to. do you EVER remember me being pussyfooty or beating around the bush at ANYTHING?

when i said the layout looked good, i meant it. i think it's too busy, i think it's way too involved, and i think that it's way too an elaborate an arrangement for a site that will technically have no theoretical userbase to begin with.

that's not being backhanded. i don't mean to tease you, it was a joke. if you are practicing layouts, that's good, but if you want my honest opinion, start with a simpler one when you start the site out, wait until you have a busy enough userbase to make that one look good, then switch to that one.

however, if you're just practicing layouts, then there's nothing wrong with that.

i truly am sorry if i offended you.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-08-16 22:56:09

At 8/16/10 10:33 PM, Strauss wrote: ok [...] you.

Haha, when have I ever been bothered by something you said? I SHOOT FROM THE HIP, GUY.

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-01 03:39:02

At 8/16/10 08:26 PM, QuikFox wrote: I'm sure that we've all gone different ways but I'm still willing to try to get something back which a lot of us enjoyed quite a bit.

I'm still alive QF <3 :D

Hope the site comes back up ;)

Minecraft server: alureon.net

PortalWatch 0.1 Alpha - Download

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-01 04:55:43

I wish I could experience what was Retrogade.

I never had the pleasure of doing so.

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-01 07:30:51

At 10/1/10 04:55 AM, Jolly wrote: I wish I could experience what was Retrogade.

I wonder if anybody has a copy of the old level icons XD

I only found two

~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-01 14:26:07

At 10/1/10 07:30 AM, SeeD419 wrote:
At 10/1/10 04:55 AM, Jolly wrote: I wish I could experience what was Retrogade.

I wonder if anybody has a copy of the old level icons XD

I only found two

So was Retrogade really that much like NG, but for Photoshops?
Do you have a screenshot of it, by any chance?

And did you level up by voting on 5 shops a day or something?

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-01 22:24:46

At 10/1/10 02:26 PM, Jolly wrote: So was Retrogade really that much like NG, but for Photoshops?
Do you have a screenshot of it, by any chance?

And did you level up by voting on 5 shops a day or something?

lol yup, exactly man. It was cool though because it was a fresh start for all users so unlike NG with most of the rankings being so difficult to obtain, we we're all on a level playing ground. I was actually a mod there.

I mean yeah it had bandwidth problems but josh was cool and always trying his best to fix it and it was just a cool little community we had.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-12 16:31:00

Lethal:
O Retrogade, Retrogade, wherefore art thou Retrogade?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Retrogade:
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

*blushes*

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-14 20:23:28

At 8/16/10 10:33 PM, Strauss wrote: i truly am sorry if i offended you.

wow it seems the sands of time have repeatedly shafted strauss, then dipped its dick in salt, and shafted him some more
I remember you being straight forward, but not a straight dick lol

As for a theoretical userbase, i'd say one exist to an extent, theres still atleast 100 ppl sitting in the shadows waiting for this shit to happen, just as optimistic about as they were 4 years ago
and from what i know, one person can make shit happen, 50 who really want some thing done...
not to mention certain people who made it their jobs for a couple years to manipulate the youth of the intraweb into doing dumb shit and following their direction
RETROGADES TEH BEST

I mean....errrr fuck trying, whos gonna join, that layout is shit

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-14 20:29:17

At 10/12/10 04:31 PM, LethalDosage wrote: Lethal:
O Retrogade, Retrogade, wherefore art thou Retrogade?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.

Retrogade:
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

*blushes*

Just fyi, this is awesome.

I laughed about it later that night.

Long live retrogayde.

I have nothing more to add.

Sig by illicit

BBS Signature

Response to ~~ Retrogade.dot.com.club ~~ 2010-10-14 22:25:48

Just fyi, this is awesome.

"I am not bound to please thee with my answer."