00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grussellrussl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

163,146 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-11-27 05:35:36

At 11/21/08 09:34 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: *facepalm*

That makes sense. UGH.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-11-29 19:56:19

Boston Celtics :D
I like pretty much everyone on the team.
Other favorites are Vinceanity and T-Mac

Ill make a picture to go here later.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-02 01:09:24

The Houston Rockets are not playing with their full potential. :(
I hope that they trade T Mac for someone who does not get hurt every 10 seconds.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-07 20:16:39

Fuck Calos Boooooooooooooozer and the stupid "can't cut list".
My fantasy team is fucked. >:(

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-07 20:27:48

At 11/27/08 05:35 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
That makes sense. UGH.

Want to know why? They had a terrible start and were written off after the first week

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-08 02:11:13

At 1/7/09 08:27 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Want to know why? They had a terrible start and were written off after the first week

Pft, it is the odd year again, never write off the Spurs, especially in odd years.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-08 15:13:15

At 1/8/09 03:06 AM, Gooch wrote: I'm starting to think Utah could really afford to not re-sign Boozer now. Look what Paul Millsap's been doing lately. That proposes an interesting situation once Boozer returns from his quad injury. Personally, I'd start lining up some trade offers for him. Millsap can put up some real decent numbers offensively, and he's not a complete liability defensively like Boozer is.

Fortunately, Millsapmis in my fantasy team as well along with Paul Gasol and both had a big day yesterday. I just hope that Boozer will return by March so that I can mount a late season charge.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-10 13:29:57

Well, that sucked - led all of the game and then with 20 seconds to go, Tayshaun Prince hits the shot to give the Pistons a lead they would not submit

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-11 05:54:21

At 1/7/09 08:27 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 11/27/08 05:35 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
That makes sense. UGH.
Want to know why? They had a terrible start and were written off after the first week

Well, I guess you're right. I was out of my mind and forgot the whole history.

- - - - - - - - -

Also, Boston sucks and a lot sucker because of their last 10 games record. What the hell they are doing. They are losing their rhythm and their usual gameplay. Not a Celt fan though.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-11 22:23:51

It looks like that the Tar Heels are going 0-2 in the ACC, so much for the "UNDEFEATED" talks.
Bring on the Georgetown! >:)

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-12 22:32:21

Millsap is out again.
My fantasy team... :'(

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-13 09:14:28

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01122009/new s/regionalnews/knicks_sex_scandal_shock_
149861.htm

The stunning court papers claim Curry, a married father of three, repeatedly approached chauffeur David Kuchinsky "in the nude," allegedly telling him, "Look at me, Dave, look" and "Come and touch it, Dave."

Lol?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-13 20:43:39

Well, since Millsap has carried the offense for the Jazz since Boozer was out, I need him to come back ASAP so that I can get some valuable points.
P.S: How can I trade away Jamario Moon for someone decent? The fouth round is WAY too high for an average player like him.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-13 22:21:10

I picked Carney and Von Wafer up last Monday.
What a brlliant move! :D

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-14 10:25:00

I'll take it a step further. Danny Granger deserves to make the All Star team for the Eastern Conference. He obviously won't be a starter, but he should at least make it as a reserve.

Fuck you, Raymond Felton!

And last but not least, when are people going to realize that the Orlando Magic are a very good team? Its not just because they dropped 139 points (Including an NBA record 23 three pointers) on the Kings, but the Magic are among the league's top defensive squads, they can score, they have the best frontline in the league, and Jameer Nelson is finally playing like a starter.

I can see Orlando beating either Boston or Cleveland come playoff time.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-14 16:13:18

At 1/14/09 10:25 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I'll take it a step further. Danny Granger deserves to make the All Star team for the Eastern Conference. He obviously won't be a starter, but he should at least make it as a reserve.

Too bad that people who live in the PAST will still vote for Iverson regardless how poorly he has been playing this season.

Fuck you, Raymond Felton!

lol, Tar Heels suck.

And last but not least, when are people going to realize that the Orlando Magic are a very good team? Its not just because they dropped 139 points (Including an NBA record 23 three pointers) on the Kings,

Even J.J Redick had 15 points including 4 three pointers which tells you all you need to know about the Kings' defense.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-14 23:16:27

At 1/14/09 04:13 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Even J.J Redick had 15 points including 4 three pointers which tells you all you need to know about the Kings' defense.

To be fair, JJ has been playing more (And playing well) as of late. He had 12 against the Spurs a couple of days ago, and they're pretty good defensively.

Chris Paul.. Damn, just damn.

33 points, 10 boards, 11 assists and 7 steals (Only 2 turnovers). The guy is just a monster on the court.

Once again, the Pistons lose a close game against a team they should have beat (Indiana), and I'm getting close to just giving up on the team. I tried giving them a chance, but losing to Charlotte at home, then losing to an Indy team that isn't all that good? Kinda hard to root for them right now.

Also, lol Utah. Losing to the Thunder by 21? There's no reason why that should happen to the Jazz.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-15 04:39:06

At 1/15/09 02:14 AM, Gooch wrote:
At 1/14/09 11:16 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Also, lol Utah. Losing to the Thunder by 21? There's no reason why that should happen to the Jazz.
I almost threw up as soon as I seen that. You know, they always seem to have trouble with the lollipop teams in the league, especially on the road. They lose to teams like Oklahoma City and Charlotte, but they can always handle teams like Detroit and Denver. It's messed up.

All of the Jazz players must have had a bad night at the same time. Lumpy mattresses in Oklahoma :P

Also, did you see Chris Andersen's defensive plays for the Nuggets on Tuesday? He set them down, then caught the ball on halfway, before sending it back for a buzzer beating shot from halfway :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-15 07:33:25

Damn the Spurs yesterday, they defeat the Lakers by a Roger Mason three-pointer. I just hate how it end. Well, somehow it was a classic game again between the two.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-15 17:50:27

Bellineli (out for 10 days)
Boozer (out for another month?)
Millsap (out for a week)
C.J Miles (out for a week)
I am still Second in the league featuring 20 people! Imagine when these people finally get healthy.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-16 02:55:14

7 Steals for Keyeon Martin? Wow!
It is just like Yao Ming having 10 assists.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-16 09:04:35

At 1/16/09 04:09 AM, Gooch wrote:
At 1/15/09 07:33 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Damn the Spurs yesterday, they defeat the Lakers by a Roger Mason three-pointer. I just hate how it end. Well, somehow it was a classic game again between the two.
Roger Mason's quickly becoming a Robert Horry type now. He's done this not only against the Lakers on Wednesday, but he did make a winning shot a couple other times this season. I actually remember the one from Christmas Day. He nailed a three-pointer from the corner just as time was about to expire. He's been an important asset in San Antonio this year.

Well, yeah, I concur. He's young but the intellect of an authentic player is there, even the maturity. He is like a veteran at his age. He made clutch shot after clutch shot. I guess he made a name for himself and be a superstar someday. But I dunno what's with San Antonio on their games, I just realized that their winning are almost all game winners.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-18 10:54:21

I'm pretty much done with the Pistons. They've lost five in a row, and six of their last seven games. Not only that, they've lost to the Bobcats (AT HOME NO LESS!!), the Pacers, the Thunder, and last night to the Hornets (A team they usually dominate).

The Pistons need a legit PG. Maybe they should think about trading AI to Denver for Chauncey Billups. I think that would help Detroit >_>

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-20 05:24:11

WELL, I just realized that we reached "The Golden Page", which is epic for every crew or club.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FINALLY, Kobe owns LeBron by winning their game against the Cavs 105-88. AND because of that loos, they will slomp to the second place and hey, what's with ORLANDO's winning streak? THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE...

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-20 11:43:52

At 1/20/09 05:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote: FINALLY, Kobe owns LeBron by winning their game against the Cavs 105-88. AND because of that loos, they will slomp to the second place and hey, what's with ORLANDO's winning streak? THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE...

And to tihink, Kobe hurt one of his fingers early on in the game.

As for the Magic, they get Boston at home on Thursday, so we'll get to see just how good they are.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-22 06:01:08

At 1/20/09 06:07 AM, Gooch wrote:
At 1/20/09 05:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
and hey, what's with ORLANDO's winning streak? THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE...
They're a force to be reckoned with. If Boston keeps struggling and the Cavs begin to become incosistent, then you have to look at the Magic as a legitimate threat to be the ones to come out of the East for the NBA Championship. Of course, it's hard to count out LeBron and company, not to mention the current NBA champs. Also, you can never count out the Detroit Pistons. You never hear much about them, but they're quietly getting their business done.

It's like they are the team that comes out on the different basketball experts around. Yeah, they have the chemistry of a good resilient championship team and yeah, I guess they have the right to fight for the Championship this season but still this is still far from over, there are still 40 or 41 games to go and anything can happen. Boston maybe will bounce back and have their winning streak go alive again, and Cavs can be consistent again and hey Detroit can win games as well although the chemistry and the system is different and I dunno if that would be a success for the team.

- - -

Also, the West is also a tough conference, I know the Lakers dominated the West right now but there are teams that have the competitive spirit for the second place. Imagine, everyday, a team go to the second place, and suddenly, the place will change hands.

At 1/20/09 11:43 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 1/20/09 05:24 AM, youngblood26 wrote: FINALLY, Kobe owns LeBron by winning their game against the Cavs 105-88. AND because of that loos, they will slomp to the second place and hey, what's with ORLANDO's winning streak? THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE...
And to tihink, Kobe hurt one of his fingers early on in the game.

Well, one of his fingers got dislocated but I think he refuse to have a mini surgery in order to get recover and I know he is needed in every game so he understands that.

As for the Magic, they get Boston at home on Thursday, so we'll get to see just how good they are.

This is a test who is truly the best in the East.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-23 06:31:37

Well, the Boston Celtics proved that they are truly the best in East by getting past Magic and they are on the top on the East standings.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-29 21:11:31

Here's the full list of All Stars for both conferences (Starters in bold).

East:

G Dwayne Wade, MIA
G Allen Iverson, DET
F Dwight Howard, ORL
F LeBron James, CLE
C Kevin Garnett, BOS

F Paul Pierce, BOS
C Chris Bosh, TOR
G Joe Johnson, ATL
F Danny Granger, IND
G Devin Harris, NJ
F Rashard Lewis, ORL
G Jameer Nelson, ORL

West:

G Chris Paul, NO
G Kobe Bryant, LAL
F Tim Duncan, SA
F Amare Stoudemire, PHO
C Yao Ming, HOU

F Dirk Nowitzki, DAL
F Pau Gasol, LAL
G Chauncey Billups, DEN
G Tony Parker, SA
G Brandon Roy, POR
C Shaquille O'Neal, PHO
F David West, NO

Hey, where's Melo?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-01-29 21:35:58

At 1/29/09 09:11 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
Hey, where's Melo?

Found him.

American Basketball CrEw

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-02-04 22:06:56

I have to say this... Both Lebron and Kobe are phenomenal talents, and we should not take them for granted. just because we may dislike them, or their respective team. We are truly lucky to see these guys play the game of basketball.

Cleveland beats the Knicks 107-102. Lebron with 52 points, 11 assists, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks.