00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Willm666 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

163,587 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-22 09:16:08

At 5/22/09 08:27 AM, Coop83 wrote: If we can maintain Pepsi Centre's reputation as a fortress, we'll be in good hands. Need to work on the defence though, but the offence is pretty got at present.

Actually, Denver is good in defense when there is activity to do it. Like Chauncey said last time against Dallas, "there are many guys that can hurt you. Offensively and DEFENSIVELY." There's the Birdman, Nene, and Martin. If they have their activity on defense, they might win the series.

Billups FTW!

Talking about getting OWNED.

Basketball > WWE

True. Concurred.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-22 10:54:16

At 5/22/09 09:16 AM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 5/22/09 08:27 AM, Coop83 wrote: If we can maintain Pepsi Centre's reputation as a fortress, we'll be in good hands. Need to work on the defence though, but the offence is pretty got at present.
Actually, Denver is good in defense when there is activity to do it. Like Chauncey said last time against Dallas, "there are many guys that can hurt you. Offensively and DEFENSIVELY." There's the Birdman, Nene, and Martin. If they have their activity on defense, they might win the series.

Yeah, but looking at the stats is one thing - when I saw the highlights reel, we got caught sleeping and the long pass that went between three nuggets made them look like prize chumps. Those are the sort of mistakes that can burn you, but fortunately from my point of view, they didn't

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-22 11:21:07

At 5/22/09 08:27 AM, Coop83 wrote: Pepsi Centre was built for Basketball and Hockey, so the WWE can fuck off. We want to see real athletes really trying to win games that aren't fixed.

Nuggets.com says that the game is at Pepsi Centre and a quick search for pepsicentre.com says the following:

WWE - Cancelled

Basketball > WWE

Yo, man... Don't diss wrestling!

By the way, the show wasn't cancelled. It was just moved to a different venue. That venue being THE STAPLES CENTER IN LOS ANGELES... Yup. Besides, there are time where it feels like the NBA is just as scripted as pro wrestling.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-22 11:42:21

At 5/22/09 10:54 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, but looking at the stats is one thing - when I saw the highlights reel, we got caught sleeping and the long pass that went between three nuggets made them look like prize chumps. Those are the sort of mistakes that can burn you, but fortunately from my point of view, they didn't

Well, that's what the Lakers have that the Nuggets don't have. They have too much passing ability. I didn't say that the Nuggets don't have totally that but the Lakers have more play-like players, like Farmar, Walton, Fisher, Bryant, Gasol (maybe) even Shannon Brown was on that list. They just know how to execute plays to score points. I noticed that Anthony shoot more jumpers than inside the paint, I mean, when he's inside or outside the paint, he goes for the jump-shot, no plays created but converted points. Game 2, he did scores points in the paint and getting those offensive rebounds which is the key to that game.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-23 03:06:15

At 5/23/09 01:07 AM, Gooch wrote: All I can say is WOW! WHAT AN ENDING! aaaaaannnnd STUFF.

Well, I was too shock when the King pulled off the trigger with one second flat to go. I thought that it will be a 2-0 for Turkoglu and the Magic but, WE ARE JUST ALL WITNESSES. I just wonder if the Magic were robbed in this series, or the Cavs were the ones robbed? Wow, just wow. Game 3 in Denver, the Pepsi Center will be on fire but Lakers will win it.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-24 01:13:28

Wow, once again, Ariza lifts Lakers to a victory with that clutch steal, same as game 1 and leads Lakers to a 2-1 series. Well, he is one heck of a player. For me, he is the cause of losing Game 2, and I think he thought of that last game that I think he's fault. So, he bounced back game 3 on the road. He was just superb out there. Also, I think that he is the missing piece on the Road to Championship of the Lakers. Not Bynum. Also, Still can't believe how did LeBron get that shot on time. AMAZING.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-25 00:48:00

Wow, Cavs just gave too many fouls and on the 1st half, they have the rotation but on the 2nd half, their rotation was gone, so, they received turnovers and what did Magic received? Points off turnovers, that's why they managed a double-digit lead. Plus, free throws is a major factor for the Cavs. I can't watch the Lakers-Nuggets match tomorrow because I'll guard our store and I wonder how will the Lakers manage to hold a 3-1 lead. Ariza, as an option again?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-25 11:22:44

I'm still pissed at the "6th foul" by Howard on Lebron. That was just a horrible call.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-25 14:17:34

At 5/25/09 11:22 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I'm still pissed at the "6th foul" by Howard on Lebron. That was just a horrible call.

Yea, referees are letting me down lately.

Isn't he suspended a game for that now? Whatever, I still think that the Magic will win the series. Game 2 should have been won by them, if it weren't for that crazy shot by LeBron.

I hate him, but if he comes to the Knicks in 10', I will adore him :)

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-26 07:37:32

Ok, the Nuggets didn't have the lead on this series but they have the momentum on Game 5 in LA and I know they will win and it is all the way.

At 5/25/09 11:22 AM, pepeatumi wrote: I'm still pissed at the "6th foul" by Howard on Lebron. That was just a horrible call.

Yeah, I am getting upset with the referees these days. It is getting to have some fixed matches. I observed that there are many calls from the Lakers side that shouldn't be called. It's like Joe Crawford and co. wants Nuggets and Cavs to win. It is so horrendous.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-26 23:59:27

Lol at Cleveland. Even with the refs calling a "foul" at the end of regulation against the Magic, Orlando manage to win game 4 and they are now up 3-1.

And I have to ask this (even if I know the answer). Why wasn't Lebron called for a Flagrant when he elbowed Pietrus in the 4th quarter?

I could have sworn that Anthony Johnson got a Flagrant for the same damn thing in game 3.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-27 00:59:06

At 5/26/09 11:59 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And I have to ask this (even if I know the answer). Why wasn't Lebron called for a Flagrant when he elbowed Pietrus in the 4th quarter?

I also noticed that one. It was a hard left elbow to the face of Pietrus. It should be a Flagrant 1. It was the same incident on the Anthony Johnson flagrant in Game 3 when he elbowed Mo Williams so hard that he needs to have 4 stitches in his left eye and eyelid.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-27 07:12:49

At 5/27/09 03:56 AM, Gooch wrote: But it still shouldn't matter who is the one responsible for the foul. Whether it be LeBron or Tyronn Lue. The refs HAVE to call the fouls they're calling consistently.

I agree - referees shouldn't look at who is committing the foul until the aftermath (If they are repeat offenders, they should be penalised more, imo), but the fact that the foul has been committed and blow the whistle for it.

Game 5 in LA tonight and a highly interesting one to boot. Can the Nuggets take something home from LA this time, or will the Lakers press home their home court and put their noses in front for the return to Denver?

As a Nuggets fan, I'm just happy still to be here and I'm really impressed with what the team has done this year, considering how the pundits hated us for most of the early going.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-05-31 09:59:40

Congrats to Magic fans. Orlando beat Cleveland with just one simple strategy, let Lebron get his stats, and prevent the others. If the Cavs get off to a slow start next season, he'll be gone before the all-star break. Lakers-Magic finals? Orlando will play the same strategy with Kobe. Phil needs to start Lamar at PF or Rashard Lewis is gonna set a new finals record for threes in the finals.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-02 14:10:32

BUMP BCOZ I WNNA SEI 5 WURDZ...

I

WISH

IT

IS

ALREADY

THURSDAY.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-02 15:14:42

At 6/2/09 02:10 PM, youngblood26 wrote: I

WISH

IT

IS

ALREADY

THURSDAY.

I just get the feeling that the Lakers are going to do it - they had scares against Houston and Denver, but those experiences should see them right toward their next title.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-03 02:41:36

At 6/2/09 03:14 PM, Coop83 wrote: I just get the feeling that the Lakers are going to do it - they had scares against Houston and Denver, but those experiences should see them right toward their next title.

Those experiences made Lakers what they used to be, a tough team, a very tough team to beat. We saw it in this season but they didn't show it in the postseason because I think it for several reasons:

-Bynum didn't get his minutes right because of early foul troubles or he just can't convert points. He was the so-called "missing link or missing piece to the Championship" but he didn't show that kind of presence in this postseason and he needs to show it in The Finals.

-Fisher, who was known as a good pure jumpshooter, especially in beyond the arc, just can't get his usual stats and proper minutes in this post-season. Plus, the frustration factor of Fisher was an affection to his game.

-Kobe was tested in this post-season whether he will TRUST his teammates or not from those mistakes that they did and we saw in the Houston series, he was hot and almost every possession was from him. He was good but his teammates aren't.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-05 04:17:13

Oh my god! Game 1 was a massacre! Kobe is on his way to hoops immortality. Kudos to Laker fans. Orlando might need to double up on Kobe to get the ball out of his hands. Let D-Fish and Ariza beat you from the perimeter. Both Pietrus and Lee guarded Kobe so great just like Shane Battier used to guard Kobe but Kobe's offense was just so good.

Lakers will go for 2-0. I guarantee that.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-05 09:26:42

At 6/5/09 04:17 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Oh my god! Game 1 was a massacre!

Whenever Kobe gives off his underbite you know he is serious.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-05 11:10:47

At 6/5/09 04:17 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Oh my god! Game 1 was a massacre!

That's it, I'm booking the next flight to Orlando. I'm going to start selling some brooms to the LA Fans for game 4. *packs bags*

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-08 06:28:33

An alleyoop away from an even series. Damn! Even Papa B could have made that gimme. And with that missed shot, Orlando just lost the series. Laker fans, time to pop the champagne. Lee's miss will be the biggest factor of the series! Can the Magic recover? They did recover many times these playoffs days but what about against the Lakers? Can they do it?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-08 08:27:09

At 6/8/09 06:28 AM, youngblood26 wrote: An alleyoop away from an even series. Damn! Even Papa B could have made that gimme. And with that missed shot, Orlando just lost the series. Laker fans, time to pop the champagne. Lee's miss will be the biggest factor of the series! Can the Magic recover? They did recover many times these playoffs days but what about against the Lakers? Can they do it?

Of course they can. That game was so close damn it. If they can almost do it in game 2, they can do it again in game 5. They sure as hell didn't lose the series, it's a best of seven remember?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-08 14:16:27

At 6/8/09 08:27 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 6/8/09 06:28 AM, youngblood26 wrote: An alleyoop away from an even series. Damn! Even Papa B could have made that gimme. And with that missed shot, Orlando just lost the series. Laker fans, time to pop the champagne. Lee's miss will be the biggest factor of the series! Can the Magic recover? They did recover many times these playoffs days but what about against the Lakers? Can they do it?
Of course they can. That game was so close damn it. If they can almost do it in game 2, they can do it again in game 5. They sure as hell didn't lose the series, it's a best of seven remember?

The Magic and the Lakers both have similarities and one of their similarities is THEY CAN WIN ROAD GAMES. Game 1 was only a MEASURING STICK for both teams and Magic studied Game 1 as a stepping stone to Game 2 and their usual game was seen, as the best resilient team in the NBA. I AM REFERRING THAT in the next game, that the Lakers will go for 3-0 if Odom and Gasol performs at their finest and if Fisher continues to use his experience on them. REMEMBER that the Lakers are the NO. 1 ROAD TEAM in this season, so don't guarantee that they can bounce back in a jiffy but amazing can happen. In Amway Arena? Nah.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-08 14:24:15

At 6/8/09 02:16 PM, youngblood26 wrote: The Magic and the Lakers both have similarities and one of their similarities is THEY CAN WIN ROAD GAMES. Game 1 was only a MEASURING STICK for both teams and Magic studied Game 1 as a stepping stone to Game 2 and their usual game was seen, as the best resilient team in the NBA. I AM REFERRING THAT in the next game, that the Lakers will go for 3-0 if Odom and Gasol performs at their finest and if Fisher continues to use his experience on them. REMEMBER that the Lakers are the NO. 1 ROAD TEAM in this season, so don't guarantee that they can bounce back in a jiffy but amazing can happen. In Amway Arena? Nah.

I agree, but in the end I don't give the Magic much of a chance to win in all honesty. I wouldn't count them out necessarily, but I just think the West was far superior than the East all season long and in the playoffs. But you are right, if the Lakers go in and win in Orlando, this post season is over. As much as I hate LA and Kobe they have the best chance to secure his legacy this year.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-08 14:30:47

---SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POSTING---

I think that the Lakers have more edge against the Magic.

Ariza - defensive purposes, can shoot in the 3 point arc, steal leader of the team, one of the best stealers in NBA and big steals accomplished including Game 1 of the WCF.

Pau - excellent shooter inside the paint, passing big man, collecting garbage in the paint. Always recording double-double.

Odom - a good jump shooter, excellent in the paint, rebound over 10, can shoot from 3-land.

Fisher - an excellent FT and 3-point shooter, one of the best defensive guards bcoz of his body contacts. A clutch shooter.

Kobe - What can I say, he almost can do it all, rarely blocking. But Kobe needs to trust more on his teammates even when he is frustrated. It affects on Game 2, Ariza, Odom, and D-Fish were open and he let to take the shot where Turkoglu blocked it.

So, I think this is more of a balanced team than the MAGIC and they (Lakers) have the Magic spell.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-08 16:58:34

At 6/8/09 02:38 PM, Gooch wrote: All I know is if Orlando miraculously wins the next three games at home, that still means they're going to have to win one of the last two games in Los Angeles. Now maybe last night was a good sign that they can hang tough with the Lakers on the road, but I'm just not sure they can pull off a road victory in Los Angeles.

I'm not ready to count out Orlando just yet, but if they end up stretching the series back to Los Angeles and are down 3-2, they have a pretty big mountain to climb.

This is what I don't like about the format of the NBA Finals. Playing three games in a row. It's hard to win three games in a row, even at home, and those are critical games. I think it's a bigger disadvantage for whoever doesn't have homecourt than in the 2-2-1-1 format.

It'll hurt Orlando pretty soon in my opinion

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-09 11:34:48

At 6/9/09 04:53 AM, Gooch wrote:
At 6/8/09 04:58 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
This is what I don't like about the format of the NBA Finals. Playing three games in a row. It's hard to win three games in a row, even at home, and those are critical games. I think it's a bigger disadvantage for whoever doesn't have homecourt than in the 2-2-1-1 format.

It'll hurt Orlando pretty soon in my opinion
There's a good chance that it probably will, but what can you do? Do you really want the teams to go from across the country from Orlando to Los Angeles for game five, then turn around and have the teams fly back to Orlando for game six? It's about the only sensible solution for both teams to play the 2-3-2 format, unless they wanted to give the teams a couple extra days off between the games five and six.

I'm saying it here and now what really hurt Orlando is Stan Van's ridiculous idea of trying to fix something that wasn't broken by totally fucking up his rotation by putting in Jameer Nelson and cutting Rafer Alston's minutes in half and giving hard working Anthony Johnson absolutely no minutes on the floor,seriously why the hell would you try to tweek your rotation that knocked out the defending champion Boston Celtics (Game 7 in Boston) and King James & company which everyone thought they would win that series in 3 <sarcasm> it made no sense and now that Alston's confidence is absolutely crushed now with him shooting a miserable 15% averaging 5 points a game and hasn't made a single 3 pointer also Dwight Howard isn't helping much either considering he's been getting swarmed by all the Laker big men cause Orlando can't even make uncontested 3 pointers all of a sudden so this has nothing to do with the 2-3-2 format in my opinion it's just a matter of the coach trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-10 17:35:56

At 6/9/09 02:30 PM, Gooch wrote:
They really needed to address the point guard situation AFTER the finals. Instead, they have a mess of controversy as is right now with whether Jameer Nelson should even be playing right now or not.

Nobody's perfect, and obviously Van Gundy probably made a bad call there. It is a bad idea to mix with team chemistry. If it ain't broken don't fix it right? Although some might consider game 1 as the Magic being broken.

I heard something I thought was interesting on the radio today. The guy was talking about how great coaches let their players play the game. He was referring specifically to Phil Jackson, saying he gives his players a lot more control over the basketball game, deciding what plays to do when, rather than him calling all the shots. Maybe Van Gundy needs to act more like Jackson. But who on the floor is able to be in control? Maybe that's where Nelson comes into play...

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-06-16 04:54:30

First of all, Congrats to my beloved L.A. Lakers for winning the NBA Championship this year and also, congrats to Adam Morrison and Sun Yue for winning NBA Championship rings without even stepping on the court. Karl Malone will probably mug you on your way home after the awarding ceremony. The team to beat lived up to expectations. Unlike Boston last season, the Lakers are young and we might be looking at another 3-peat. I guess. Even in the NBA Poll today about defending their title concurs that they will do defend it. Wow, many Laker bandwagons in the house.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2009-07-31 17:27:35

Fantasy sports fans!

Join the Fantasy Sports Crew!

I think...I hate... dick.

BBS Signature