00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DARXVEL just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

163,739 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-01 00:19:46

UF took UCLA to school again. Before the game started, the title on yahoo.sports.com was back for more...Lmao!!!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-01 18:17:42

Jordan Farmar is going to need some April fuel. Farmar, a rookie guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, can become the first player to play in a D-League game and NBA game on the same day.

On Saturday night, Farmar was assigned by the Lakers to the Los Angeles D-Fenders of the D-League, the NBA's developmental league. He started their game against the Anaheim Arsenal. A Lakers spokeswoman said Farmar will be recalled by the NBA club after that game and will be in uniform for Sunday night's contest against the Sacramento Kings. She said there is no guarantee that Farmar will play, however.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-01 22:21:57

For those who still care, (I do not) it is going to be UF vs OSU tomorrow for the NCAAB title. All I want to say is go Gators, I hate the f***ing Buckeyes for destroying my bracket.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-01 23:51:18

At 4/1/07 06:17 PM, Buddhist wrote: Jordan Farmar is going to need some April fuel. Farmar, a rookie guard for the Los Angeles Lakers, can become the first player to play in a D-League game and NBA game on the same day.

Whaaaaa? Have I been gone so long that I missed the addition of the spellcheck?

Anyways, its official. Farmar has scored in both leagues. Thankfully the Lakers had a huge lead, thanks to Kobe's career assist game (or close to it, I'm not sure right now), and Phil was classy enough to put him in for a good amount of minutes.

I wonder, why was he assigned to the D-league? The NBA minor league system does not make as much sense to me as the MLB system.

And NBA doesn't get flagged on the spellcheck but MLB does?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-02 23:40:08

So I noticed that the reason the Clippers have been so bad these years is because they're as bad as the Hawks when it comes to drafting, if not worse.

Nearly every one of their picks in the past 16 years have been huge busts...

1991 - LaRon Ellis, PF, 22nd overall (ahead of Rick Fox); played 3 years, averaged 4.4 PPG

1992 - Randy Woods, PG, 16th overall (ahead of Doug Christie, Jon Barry, Spree, & PJ Brown); played 4 seasons, averaged 2.4 PPG

1993 - Terry Dehere, SG (Unfortunately, another failed Seton Hall product :[ ), 13th overall (ahead of Sam Cassell & Nick Van Exel); played 8 seasons, averaged 8.0 PPG

1994 - Lamond Murray, SF, 7th overall (ahead of Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, Jalen Rose, & Eric Piatkowski); averaged 11.9 PPG for his career

1995 - Antonio McDyess, PF, 2nd overall (One of their only good picks, however, he was traded away after he was drafted, in exchange for Rodney Rogers & Brent Barry)

1996 - Lorenzen Wright, C, 7th overall (ahead of Erick Dampier, Kobe, Peja, Steve Nash, Jermaine O'Neal, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, & Derek Fisher); career averages of 8.8 PPG and 6.9 RPG

1997 - Maurice Taylor, PF, 14th overall (ahead of Bobby Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Mark Blount); played 9 years, career averages of 11.0 PPG and 4.6 RPG

1998 - Michael Olowokandi, C, 1st overall (ahead of Mike Bibby, Antawn Jamison, Vince Carter, Jason Williams, Larry Hughes, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Bonzi Wells, Matt Harpring, Rasho Nesterovic, Ricky Davis, Tyronn Lue, Al Harrington, Nazr Mohammed, Reuben Patterson, Rashard Lewis, Rafer Alston, Cuttino Mobley, Brad Miller & Earl Boykins); played 9 years, career averages of 8.3 PPG and 6.8 RPG

1999 - Lamar Odom, SF/PF, 4th overall (ahead of Rip, The Matrix, Jason Terry, AK47, Manu Ginobili and Raja Bell), spent 4 years with the Clippers, then signed a $65 million deal with Miami and was traded to the Lakers in the Shaq deal (That's gotta kill you, you have your first good pick in forever and you lose him to free agency, only to have him join your crosstown rivals?)

2000 - Darius Miles, SF/SG, 3rd overall (ahead of Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford, Hedo Turkoglu, MoPete, and Michael Redd) and Quentin Richardson, SG, 18th overall (ahead of Hedo, MoPete, and Michael Redd); both have played 6 years, though D-Miles will likely never play again, and if he does, it probably won't be with his explosiveness, after microfracture surgerie. Q-Rich signed with the Suns after 4 years with the Clippers, then went off and set a Suns record for three-pointers in a season with 226. He was then traded with Nate Robinson to the Knicks for Kurt Thomas and Dijon Thompson in the offseason. D-Miles played in the core Clippers team of Elton Brand, Q-Rich, himself, Olowokandi, and Lamar Odom for just two years, when he was traded with Harold Jamison for Bryant Stith and Andre Miller. After the 2003 season, he was traded to Portland for Jeff McInnis, and then signed a $65 million deal over 6 years. D-Miles has career averages of 10.6 PPG and 5.2 RPG, Q-Rich has career averages of 12.1 PPG and 5.1 RPG. Both were good picks, but again, weren't able to be retained, along with Lamar Odom.

2001 - Tyson Chandler, PF/C, 2nd overall (Traded to Chicago for Brian Skinner & Elton Brand), never played a game in Clippers uniform

2002 - Chris Wilcox, PF/C, 8th overall (ahead of Amare Stoudamire, Caron Butler, Juan Dixon, Nenad Krstic, Tayshaun Prince, & Carlos Boozer); played three decent seasons for the Clippers, traded to Seattle in 2006 for Vladimir Radmanovic

2003 - Chris Kaman, C, 6th overall (ahead of Kirk Hinrich, Mickael Pietrus, Nick Collison, David West, Boris Diaw [who i didnt notice in a previous rant about the hawks, was drafted by them], Leandro Barbosa, Josh Howard, Jason Kapono, Zaza Pachulia, and Kyle Korver), signed a fat contract with the Clippers and has underperformed since.

2004 - Shaun Livingston, PG, 4th overall (ahead of Devin Harris, Luol Deng, Andris Biedrins, AI2, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, JR Smith, Jameer Nelson, Delonte West, Tony Allen, Andres Nocioni, & Kevin Martin), we all know how that's turned out so far...

2005 - Yaroslav Korolev, PF, 12th overall (ahead of Sean May, Rashad McCants, Danny Granger, Gerald Green, Hakim Warrick, Nate Robinson, Jarret Jack, Luther Head, Jason Maxiell, Linas Kleiza, David Lee, Salim Stoudamire), has yet to play in the NBA, still playing overseas, I believe with CSKA Moscow...

2006 - No pick, traded to New Jersey Nets, Nets picked Marcus Williams, PG, 20th overall

lmao, also, i was looking at Wikipedia's list of NBA nicknames, and some of these are golden:

# "The Human Victory Cigar" – Darko Milicic (because of his extremely limited playtime)

# "Shaquie Chan" – Yao Ming

# "White Mike" – Mike Miller

# "Wife-Beater" - Jason Kidd

# "Wince" – Vince Carter (For his tendency to get hurt)

# "Big Smooth" - Charlie Villanueva (for Alopecia areata, the disease he suffers from [interestingy enough, Sheed, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Gustavo Chacin also suffer from it])

also also: screw Florida k

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-02 23:49:44

At 4/2/07 11:40 PM, Buddhist wrote: So I noticed that the reason the Clippers have been so bad these years is because they're as bad as the Hawks when it comes to drafting, if not worse.
2001 - Tyson Chandler, PF/C, 2nd overall (Traded to Chicago for Brian Skinner & Elton Brand), never played a game in Clippers uniform.

In their defense, this was a good move by the Clippers even with Brian Skinner.

# "Wife-Beater" - Jason Kidd

rofl,rofl,rofl,rofl..... ROFL!!!!

# "Big Smooth" - Charlie Villanueva (for Alopecia areata, the disease he suffers from [interestingy enough, Sheed, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and Gustavo Chacin also suffer from it])

BAH GAWD KING!!!! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold! Stone Cold has Alopecia!

also also: screw Florida k

Agreed... And by the wway, I think Noah will be just another Varejao in the NBA.
And what's up with having no NBA games tonight?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-02 23:57:53

Just like I expected, OSU was no match for UF. I am happy that I even did not turn on my TV --- myfriends who watched the game all said that it was boring and anything but competitive.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-03 00:17:05

At 4/2/07 11:49 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And what's up with having no NBA games tonight?

Everyone in the NBA is Jewish, didn't you know?

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-03 22:19:32

Billy Donovan is talking about "loyality"...I will be VERY surprised if he does not go to UK in the next 10 days, lol!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-05 01:05:27

At 4/3/07 10:34 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: Some of those picks were actually good, especially the trades.

Who would you say was good there? I'm gonna guess Odom, Miles, & Q-Rich?

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-05 13:07:45

Well... I had little chance of beating Buddhist in fantasy basketball, and now I have no chance of beating him... Gilbert Arenas is out or 2 to 3 months with a knee injury... Oh yeah, bad break for the Wizards as well, but who cares about them?

Good thing is I'm on the verge of making the Finals in a different league, and as a 6 seed no less.

Just a couple of games tonight but they should be good. Miami takes on Clevreland and San Antonio takes on the Suns... Let's how much Phoenix has improved over the past year.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-05 16:14:07

Doesn't matter much pepe, I'm going to get raped by Masculine as it is. With Ray Allen done, Rashard took over the scoring duties; Hinrich is ballin', etc.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-05 17:01:48

At 4/5/07 04:14 PM, Buddhist wrote: Doesn't matter much pepe, I'm going to get raped by Masculine as it is. With Ray Allen done, Rashard took over the scoring duties; Hinrich is ballin', etc.

Well.... If I'm not mistaken, there's no trade deadline. I could give you a bargain if you want someone like Jamison. I don't really care much for third place so again, if you want Jamison just offer me some random guy. Grant Hill's been playing well as of late so you can trade him, or get Ben Gordon who's always a threat to have a big scoring game.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-05 17:18:17

At 4/5/07 05:01 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Well.... If I'm not mistaken, there's no trade deadline. I could give you a bargain if you want someone like Jamison. I don't really care much for third place so again, if you want Jamison just offer me some random guy.

Strike a deal with me. :D

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-05 17:28:22

At 4/5/07 05:18 PM, Buddhist wrote: Strike a deal with me. :D

And the deal has been accepted... You should have your new players by tomorrow.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-06 00:25:44

At 4/5/07 05:28 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And the deal has been accepted... You should have your new players by tomorrow.

*tips hat*

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-10 23:09:50

So, we now know that both Afflalo, Julian Wright, and Durant are entering the draft, while Hansborough is staying at UNC.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-12 18:02:22

As I've said, Boston has a dearth of young talent, but they need more shooting consistency as well as a veteran prescence. Arguably, many of their players could end up being stars if they became more consistent (Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Rajon Rondo, Delonte West) and stayed healthy (Tony Allen, Al Jefferson).

also, lol paul pierce

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-15 23:58:46

Fuckin great! The Magic made the playoffs which means that Diwght Howard will finally get a chance to shine in the national spotlight... Unfortunately, it will against the Pistons. It will be cool to see Darko facing his former team

And the Warriors have gone ahead of the Clippers in the race for the 8th spot out West. I'm rooting for the Warriors simply because I think Golden State vs Dallas would make for a better series than Mavs and Clippers... And to se Don Nelson coach against his former team.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-16 00:05:07

Dallas won, making them 66-14. Also Warriors are playing them next and they need to win this game or the next to keep a spot. Lakers are tied with them for 7th too.

XBL GT: SleepyB 408

I Xbox 360 Club I MLB Club I

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-18 12:50:00

Last night of the regular season and there's still one spot in the West available.

If Golden State wins their game against Portland they'll make the playoffs for the first time in 13 years. However, if the Warriors lose that game and the Clippers win their game against the Hornets the Clippers will make the playoffs for the first time since.... last season.

Can't you feel the drama?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-18 13:02:59

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-18 18:44:41

At 4/18/07 01:25 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: No, because the only reason the Warriors lose that game is if they choke.

Not necessarily, always watch out for teams who have nothing to lose (I don't think Portland can even lose lottery balls).

I won't be that upset if the Clips don't make it.

Its funny because I'm the Laker fan and I will be mad in the spirit of fair play, that Dallas benched their players and Golden State had an easier time, compared to the Clippers who battled a won against a team far better.

Oh, and lol Clips 80% ticket price increase, when they won't get farther than the first round.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-19 17:22:48

So Steve Kerr did some predictions for Y! Sports:

Raptors over Nets in 7
Pistons over Magic in 5
Cavs over Wizards in 5
Bulls over Heat in 6
Mavs over Warriors in 5
Suns over Lakers in 6
Spurs over Nuggets in 6
Rockets over Jazz in 5 (dksaljfdslkfj)

Also, I finished the Fantasy NBA season with a 2nd place trophy and a 3rd place trophy. Not so bad, esp. considering that the 3rd place trophy was mine even after I lost D-Wade, and made several bad moves and lost several key players throughout the season (traded Jermaine O'Neal and Danny Granger for Chris Bosh; traded KG & Darko for Dwyane Wade and Emeka Okafor; lost Michael Redd & Al Jefferson in the round I got knocked out of, etc.).

and the playoffs in NG League went pretty much as I predicted, as I made a couple stupid moves and lost to Masculine 3-6, thanks mainly to those fags out in Denver. Marcus Camby singlehandedly won him the blocks category with a four-game stretch where he had 28 blocks (7, 7, 9, 5). Steve Blake gave him the assists category on his own with a four-game stretch of 40 assists (10, 12, 10, 8). >:\

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-19 19:07:46

At 4/19/07 05:22 PM, Buddhist wrote: So Steve Kerr did some predictions for Y! Sports:

Lets make some predictions for ourselves

Raptors over Nets in 7

Raptors over Nets in 6

Pistons over Magic in 5

Pistons over Magic in 6, though don't be suprised if either the Magic hold on stronger than everyone thinks, or they get blown out of the water. They're a very polarized team like that.

Cavs over Wizards in 5

I still don't think, that even with all the injuries, that the Cavs will be able to knock off the Wizards that easy. I'm thinking Cavs over Wizards in 6.

Bulls over Heat in 6

Bulls in 7

Mavs over Warriors in 5

Mavs over Warriors in 7. You don't know how tempted I am to call an upset. I think its my hatred for the Mavericks that's making me think 7.

Suns over Lakers in 6

LAKERS OVER SUNS IN 7.

Spurs over Nuggets in 6

Spurs in 5.

Rockets over Jazz in 5 (dksaljfdslkfj)

Jazz over Rockets in 7.

Also, I finished the Fantasy NBA season with a 2nd place trophy and a 3rd place trophy.

Congrats. Me, I finished every fantasy NBA season with a 5-4 loss. The Newgrounds one by .005 (I forget, but it was damn small) percent of field goals.
>:-(

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-19 19:26:55

Eastern Conference:

Detroit vs Orlando: If Darko is healthy then the Pistons win in 5, if not its a sweep. Nelson and Arroyo can't guard Billlups and the Magic frontline won't be able to stop Webber/McDyess/Sheed. (Detroit in 4 or 5)

Cleveland Cavaliers vs Washinton Wizards: No Butler, no Arenas... This will be a sweep. (Cavs in 4)

Toronto Raptors vs New Jersey Nets: Vinsanity returns to Toronto! So we'll be seeing Vince drive to the basket only to step back behind the three point line and shoot some bricks. Even though the Raptors are young, I think Bosh will run all over the Nets big men. (Toronto in 6)

Miami Heat vs Chicago Bulls: Hinrich always gives Wade fits with his defense, and unlike last year the Bulls now have some big men. I see a first round exit for the champs this year. (Chicago in 6 or 7)

Western Conference:

Dallas Mavericks vs Golden State Warriors: Nellie vs Avery... This will be a test for the Mavs defense but I think they'll evntually win the series. (Dallas in 6)

Phoenix Suns vs LA Lakers: Kurt Thomas and Amare weren't around last year, and this Lakers team just isn't as good as they were a year ago. (Phoenix in 5)

San Antonio Spurs vs Denver Nuggets: The Spurs won't lose this series, they're the Spurs. (San Antonio in 6... AI and Melo are good for one win a piece)

Houston Rockets vs Utah Jazz: This series has 7 games written all over it. With AK47 back Tracy is going to have trouble scoring, luckily he's become more a passer/playmaker this year so he doesn't need to score as much. (Rockets in 7). Mcgrady finally gets out of the first round.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-21 12:28:04

At 4/19/07 07:07 PM, seventy-one wrote: Congrats. Me, I finished every fantasy NBA season with a 5-4 loss. The Newgrounds one by .005 (I forget, but it was damn small) percent of field goals.

That's what happens when you don't check in...and when you keep Ronny Turiaf as a consistent starter. :3

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-21 15:23:45

At 4/21/07 12:28 PM, Buddhist wrote:
At 4/19/07 07:07 PM, seventy-one wrote: Congrats. Me, I finished every fantasy NBA season with a 5-4 loss. The Newgrounds one by .005 (I forget, but it was damn small) percent of field goals.
That's what happens when you don't check in...and when you keep Ronny Turiaf as a consistent starter. :3

Turiaf owned the last month of the season.

Albeit, I should have been more active in adding/dropping players, but still, .005 comes down more to luck than anything.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-23 18:20:29

Leandro Barbosa, among the fastest players in the NBA, ran away with the league's sixth man award Monday.

The "Brazilian Blur" received 101 of a possible 127 first-place votes from a media panel.

The honor came one day after Barbosa matched his career playoff high with 26 points in the Phoenix Suns' 95-87 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers Sunday in Game 1 of their opening series.

"Give him a soccer ball," the Lakers' Kobe Bryant said when asked what could be done to stop Barbosa. "Tell him Brazilians should be playing soccer, not basketball."

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2007-04-23 18:48:19

At 4/23/07 06:20 PM, Buddhist wrote: Leandro Barbosa, among the fastest players in the NBA, ran away with the league's sixth man award Monday.

Can't say I'm surprised... Some people were saying that Stackhouse should win it (those people are idiots) but it Barbosa was clearly the best 6th man this season, and its about time he started getting recognized, he's been a good player for a while now.

Jazz v Rockets tonight... Hopefully Houston can go up 2-0 in that series.