00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sk8er-Gaius15 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Basketball CrEw

163,586 Views | 1,871 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-18 12:36:43

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics and especially to you Kevin Garnett you have been waiting for this your entire life and i've never seen anyone so happy after winning an NBA title since Jordan the year his dad died.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-18 18:17:00

Man, it seems like every elimination game that the Lakers seem sure to lose at halftime, they just give up. Going back to the Game 7 a couple years ago with Phoenix, last year with Phoenix, and yesterday...

Well, at least Radmonovic has some trade value...right? Shit...

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-18 18:36:46

At 6/18/08 12:36 PM, Molotov wrote: Congratulations to the Boston Celtics and especially to you Kevin Garnett you have been waiting for this your entire life and i've never seen anyone so happy after winning an NBA title since Jordan the year his dad died.

Same for the guy who survived 11 stabbings and some dude whose injury cost me in fantasy, oh well.

At least the latter's gets the moment under the sun.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-19 07:05:36

At 6/18/08 12:36 PM, Molotov wrote: Congratulations to the Boston Celtics and especially to you Kevin Garnett you have been waiting for this your entire life and i've never seen anyone so happy after winning an NBA title since Jordan the year his dad died.

That's nice for Garnett. He did tasted the dream that he never tasted before in his 12 year-career. I like Garnett as a player but for his team is concerned, I hate what they are right now, Champions. I am still cheering for Lakers although they didn't win the Championship but they will retaliate next year with Andrew Bynum on their side.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-19 14:08:23

it's been two days and i'm already sick of this celtics "NEW ERA OF GLORY DAYS ALL HAIL KG OMGZ EPIC" bullshit.

eugh.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 09:40:26

At 6/19/08 02:08 PM, Buddhist wrote: it's been two days and i'm already sick of this celtics "NEW ERA OF GLORY DAYS ALL HAIL KG OMGZ EPIC" bullshit.

eugh.

Same here, Buddhist. I'm so sick of all the Celtic players starting from Brian Scalabrine to Paul Pierce and also Doc Rivers. I hate his damn oily face.

Anyway, is that true that Arenas and Butler will traded to LA Lakers for Derek Fisher and Chris Mihm?
I heard some rumours about it.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 10:04:47

At 6/20/08 09:40 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Anyway, is that true that Arenas and Butler will traded to LA Lakers for Derek Fisher and Chris Mihm?

Hell no. Teams are allowed only a single one sided trade per year, so says ancient basketball law. Also the Wizards don't owe the Lakers a huge favor like the Grizzlies did, and I find it hard to find that the Wiz would just roll over and be the Lakers bitch in that, because that's basically what they would be if that went through. Also think of that starting lineup.

PG: Arenas
SG: Kobe
SF: Butler
PF: Gasol
C: Bynum

It'd be like a mini all star team, and I doubt the Wiz want that happening, and the Lakers would get rid of Odom for being...idk bald? At the very least the Lakers would need to throw in one of thier young players or Odom along with the other two potential players.

Also Areana's risky knee shouldn't be making his value drop as much as it has. He can be one of the best scorers in the game (when healthy T_T)

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 10:10:09

Guys, I think that it was a dumb move to have traded Shaq for Marion.

American Basketball CrEw

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 10:16:28

At 6/20/08 10:04 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 6/20/08 09:40 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Anyway, is that true that Arenas and Butler will traded to LA Lakers for Derek Fisher and Chris Mihm?
Hell no. Teams are allowed only a single one sided trade per year, so says ancient basketball law. Also the Wizards don't owe the Lakers a huge favor like the Grizzlies did, and I find it hard to find that the Wiz would just roll over and be the Lakers bitch in that, because that's basically what they would be if that went through. Also think of that starting lineup.

SF: Butler

Or maybe something like this:
SF: Odom

---> You can place Butler in the bench because he is their energizer in Washington like Sasha Vujacic's role in LA.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 11:14:36

Jerry West was in on the Gasol deal guys

i know it.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 12:24:48

At 6/20/08 10:10 AM, Sawdust wrote: Guys, I think that it was a dumb move to have traded Shaq for Marion.

For the Suns or the Heat? Remember the Heat were out of the contention when they dealt Shaq.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 19:22:28

At 6/20/08 12:24 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: For the Suns or the Heat? Remember the Heat were out of the contention when they dealt Shaq.

The Suns became a good rebounding team after the trade but for the Heat, it became worst.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 19:45:20

At 6/20/08 07:22 PM, youngblood26 wrote:
At 6/20/08 12:24 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: For the Suns or the Heat? Remember the Heat were out of the contention when they dealt Shaq.
The Suns became a good rebounding team after the trade but for the Heat, it became worst.

It would've mattered, in time they'll have to start rebuilding around D-Wade(if he's healthy enough) barring a miracle. Also, Shaq wanted to get number five and the Suns provides one of the more better chance to do so.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 19:51:26

At 6/20/08 07:45 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/20/08 07:22 PM, youngblood26 wrote:
It would've mattered, in time they'll have to start rebuilding around D-Wade(if he's healthy enough) barring a miracle. Also, Shaq wanted to get number five and the Suns provides one of the more better chance to do so.

Well, they (Heat) have a new coach, new system, new young player (their rookie player), and a new set of roster for them. Maybe somehow, they will improve next season or maybe possibly, get back on the playoffs. On the other side, Suns is known with their run and gun style. Shaq can't adjust on the Suns system but they have also a new coach that will change their kind of play that Shaq can relate on.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 22:27:46

At 6/20/08 07:51 PM, youngblood26 wrote:
Well, they (Heat) have a new coach, new system, new young player (their rookie player), and a new set of roster for them. Maybe somehow, they will improve next season or maybe possibly, get back on the playoffs. On the other side, Suns is known with their run and gun style. Shaq can't adjust on the Suns system but they have also a new coach that will change their kind of play that Shaq can relate on.

Remember Shaq is near the end of his career and so in the end the trade happens to be for the best for both Shaq and the Heat.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-20 22:33:44

At 6/20/08 10:27 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Remember Shaq is near the end of his career and so in the end the trade happens to be for the best for both Shaq and the Heat.

I concur. Well, I think this is the last season for the Big Fellow. He's old enough to play.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-23 18:04:34

Anyone see the video of Shaq rapping and ripping on Kobe for not being able to win the title without him? It's quite the captivating performance.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-23 18:16:29

At 6/23/08 06:04 PM, 36Holla wrote: Anyone see the video of Shaq rapping and ripping on Kobe for not being able to win the title without him? It's quite the captivating performance.

That was hilarious, it headlined that edition of Sportscenter, they brought Stephen A. to analyze it, they tried to bill it it as the nexst big chapter in the Kobe-Shaq relationship. I guess it must have been a slow day.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-23 18:22:23

In my opinion, the 1984 Draft is the best draft in the NBA history.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-24 01:15:05

At 6/20/08 11:14 AM, Buddhist wrote: Jerry West was in on the Gasol deal guys

i know it.

Just as much as Celtic loyalties were in on the KG deal...it all works out, unless you're a small market city.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-25 17:58:03

The Indiana Pacers have agreed in principle to send six-time All-Star Jermaine O'Neal to the Toronto Raptors for point guard T.J. Ford and the 17th pick in Thursday's NBA draft, a league executive said Wednesday. Toronto also will send Rasho Nesterovic and another role player to match up with O'Neal's salary. O'Neal is owed $44 million over the next two seasons. The Pacers would then hold the 11th and 17th picks in the draft.

The Hornets have agreed to send their first-round draft pick, the 27th overall, to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for cash that could help New Orleans add a key free agent to a rising young squad. As of Wednesday, the Hornets did not have a second-round choice in the draft. It was traded to Houston last season as part of a deal that sent Bobby Jackson to the Rockets in exchange for Bonzi Wells and Mike James. Houston later dealt that pick, the 56th overall, to Seattle.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-26 09:31:05

At 6/23/08 06:22 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: In my opinion, the 1984 Draft is the best draft in the NBA history.

For me, the 1993 NBA Draft is the best draft in NBA History.

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-26 11:33:10

Oh well, JO might get hurt each and every year (At least it feels that way), but I still prefer having him as the Raptors Center instead of Rasho Nesterovic.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-26 17:15:33

The Milwaukee Bucks plan to send forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons to the New Jersey Nets for forward Richard Jefferson, a person with direct knowledge of the deal said Thursday. Milwaukee has been looking to rid itself of several bad contracts. It will trade the rookie it selected last season with the No. 6 pick along with the rest of Simmons' contract. Simmons has two years and a little more than $20 million left on his deal.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-26 18:53:11

At 6/26/08 05:15 PM, Buddhist wrote: The Milwaukee Bucks plan to send forwards Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons to the New Jersey Nets for forward Richard Jefferson, a person with direct knowledge of the deal said Thursday. Milwaukee has been looking to rid itself of several bad contracts. It will trade the rookie it selected last season with the No. 6 pick along with the rest of Simmons' contract. Simmons has two years and a little more than $20 million left on his deal.

Raptors also got Jermaine O'Neal for TJ Ford, Rasho Nesterovic and the No. 17 pick in the draft today. Now the Pacers can get rid of Tinsley and they have two picks in the first round to pick up some talent.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-26 19:25:56

At 6/26/08 06:55 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: OMG I GOT TEH BLL I GOTZ TEH BLL OMG STEAL RUNRUNRUN OMG BALLINNNNNNNNNNNN

lolz@baskatbull.

Found one

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-26 19:34:20

At 6/26/08 07:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
At 6/26/08 06:55 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: OMG I GOT TEH BLL I GOTZ TEH BLL OMG STEAL RUNRUNRUN OMG BALLINNNNNNNNNNNN

lolz@baskatbull.
Found one

Heh, I get it.

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-27 08:54:52

At 6/26/08 07:25 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:

lolz@baskatbull.
Found one

Yes, another retard basketball fan, right?

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-27 10:19:35

Washington Wizards FTW.

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature

Response to American Basketball CrEw 2008-06-27 11:57:17

The Nets are trying so very hard to get the pieces to eventually make a run at LeBron.

BBS Signature