00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xombie, Lego, etc.

27,098 Views | 196 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:17:52

Following the latest two amazing episodes of Xombie, I finally put together a series page!

There was some bad news this past week... Despite there being national festivals for Lego movies, Lego didn't seem to appreciate the work by fans here on Newgrounds. I had a nasty confrontation with their lawyers, who wanted the Lego stuff removed.

A lot of times I fight this stuff, but in this case fuck it... If Lego doesn't appreciate their fans, then I don't want to promote their toys anyway. I was a Constructs kid myself. So I deleted over 100 Lego submissions. I did regret it afterwards, but now it's done. We had some really great submissions, and rarely were they crude in nature.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:19:01

Sweeet, this series is really done swell! ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:19:44

Cool. How about Zomborg Apocalypse? That series is rounding out well too.

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:20:27

Lego meh, lego if for 5 year olds not guys in there teens and early 20's

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:22:18

Mr Fulp do ou like my banner?

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:22:46

Whats wrong with lego? Jesus, if I were them, I'd be happy people are using them to make original, creative, flash works.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:24:00

do one for random screaming, they are making a 4th one......and that is alot right.......

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:25:31

Wow, what anoying fools. Oh well i guess you have more space now. Shame though.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:25:43

That's a real shame, there were some great Lego flashes but I can understand why you didn't fight it. I heard (can't remember where) it was more like 1000 flashes that got deleted...? And some with Lego as part of the title, eg Legolas.. or has that been sorted out now?

- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:26:55

Wow, that sucks... is there any way we can see what the lawyers wrote? I loved reading the bitchy letter telling you to cease and desist by the Ratings lawyers over the NG ratings looking just like game ratings.

It's amazing that lego doesn't want their product to be appreciated by fans with talent. I used to love lego... how sad. At least it shows that many people are lurking... there's an upside to everything, right? I mean, c'mon, how'd a lego lawyer get wind of this??

Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drum...

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:27:19

Did a gang of them actualy knock on your door, or did they send you a letter?

Or how about both?

:O

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:28:36

Haha I guess people will have to start using megablocks instead :P.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:30:23

At 10/11/04 04:22 PM, mrpopenfresh wrote: Whats wrong with lego? Jesus, if I were them, I'd be happy people are using them to make original, creative, flash works.

If I were them, i'd shoot myselves.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:33:46

Cool, I must check out those other Xombie movies.
I loved Lego when I was a child, but they're assholes for doing this. I guess you'll have to update the Legal Archives :)

Oh and Tom, I think it's about time there was a Lord Of The Rings Collection put together. It should include LegendaryFrog's OneRing movies, those Millionaire quizzes, and there's several other parodies that could be included.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:34:47

Silly lawyers with their silly laws. Grr! >=(

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:35:34

Thanks Tom! I'm really glad you did, this is one of the best flash series I've ever seen. I can't get enough of it. Rock on. Thanks again!

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:35:58

My God, that Lego incident is very lame.. What's next man? Why does everyone have to be stiffs :(

Sometimes I feel bad for the things you have to put up with Tom.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:36:29

At 10/11/04 04:26 PM, yadjmir wrote: It's amazing that lego doesn't want their product to be appreciated by fans with talent.

That's exactly what I thought. Actually, when you think of it, the Newgrounds lego movies were kind of free advertising for the Lego company, since more people will be inspired to make lego movies and purchase the lego items they need for it. Such lack of vision from the Lego company.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:41:12

Xombie series page = good thinking. It is about time the series got its own page

Lego movies being removed = not good. There were some lego movies I enjoyed and this really brings me down.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:48:49

Isn't making a movie with legos filming one's personal property? Should lego really have the right to tell people what they do with their lego men? That's like honda getting mad because somebody painted a civic a freaky color and put it in a magazine. They don't own it.

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:49:08

I think that the Xombie page is an excellent choice.
That being said, Lego. Man. What a bunch of greedy fucks. I mean, all you do is promote their toys (as you said), and share movies that people made with THEIR Legos that they BOUGHT, showing to the whole world how FUN can legos be, therefore, making people wanna BUY them. They didn't think of that I guess. But hey, stupid greedy corporations and copyright bullshit.

Oh yeah, and if you want to remove all the Lego stuff, I was browsing through the collections, and in the MATRIX collection, there's a bunch of Lego stuff.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:49:54

Stupid assholes. We supported their shit so I don’t have a clue why they were against that. It’s pretty dumb. Some people just get lego toys because they want to make movies with them. Isn’t lego all about being creative? What’s wrong with sharing what you have done. Lego you make me sick and I dislike you from now on.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:53:58

Damn, they're were some good lego movies. Oh well, fuck them and their shity bionicles.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:57:35

Kneximations are the way of the future.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 16:57:35

Stupid suits couldn't see good product premotion if it hit them in the face.
And the new series looks good too : )

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 17:00:10

Bah, some of those lego things were good. >:(

Lets boycott them! TO THE BOYCOTTMOBILES!

BBS Signature

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 17:00:17

I grew up on legos. Now they do this. How shameful.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 17:03:32

My god! First the stupid rating ppl now lego is getting anal about newgrounds "violating" copyright laws. This is retarded. Lego needs to take these copyright laws and shove them up their asses. As for Xombie, I'll have to check it out when I have acces to a computer with a sound system.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 17:10:06

Thats a cool series, I'm glad you finally made a collection for it, Tom, you lazy bum you.

Response to Xombie, Lego, etc. 2004-10-11 17:12:05

Why did Lego remove the flashes here. It's jsut so god damn stupid. Did they have anything to gain from doing to this, No. Did they have anything to lose from keeping the flashes here NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Soem people might think that Lego was making the Lego flashes here but the authors could jsut put in a screen in the flash saying that Lego didn't make the movie and that Lego is copyrighted etc. If you're not going to fight them Tom then maybe the rest fo us will. I'd fight them even though I didn't make any Lego flashes and don't watch the Lego falshes here.