00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,002,338 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-09 00:18:49

At 11/8/11 10:22 PM, Crink wrote: it hasnt just been forever, it's been FIVE-ever.

but yeah. smash bros in general has been dead to me for some time now. not enough time to play it with so much school work, social relations and i don't really have anyone to play it with.. after everyone here died.

Yeah I stopped playing smash for a while because I also had no one to play with. Its kinda sad once a game gets old, everyone stops caring about it. Even though it would be bad for my wallet I kinda wish nintendo would do what capcom does for their fighting games. Just make something like Smash Bros Brawl DELUXE with new characters, and balancing and slap a $40 price tag on it. I know its a bad idea, but it will keep smash bros alive much longer. I like smash bros enough I could spend $40 a year on a new game every year.

i played brawl a few months ago at a friend's house because he had some people over for his birthday. p0wned them all with my l33t nightcap jigglypuff skills.

Lawl, reppin jiggs <3 Everyone's like "lol jigglypuff, this guy sux!!" Then you just pwn them with ur 1337 spacing and they are like "wtf i cant hit you!!!1"

right now, literally the only games i play are counter strike 1.6 and leeg of legends. i play cs just because its something to waste time playing and im marginally mediorce at it. playing lol for most of this year after some fagets from irl got me playing it.

Alot of my friends from high school tried to get me into LoL but its kinda hard considering they are "MLG pr0" and im just a scrub. They use some website to tell them the order to buy stuff, and everytime i dont do it in the order, they are all like "wtf!!! idiot!!!" And i try to get the matches over quick, because i dont have an attention span for matches that last like half an hour. Sooo yeah, im a fail LoL player.

i don't think i will probably play smash bros that much again. i'm not going to be buying the wii-u because there is no appeal and i will have no one to play it with. i don't own a 3ds because handheld games just meh. 0 appeal. therefore, no more smash bros. if this crew EVER gets alive then i MIGHT buy a wii-u but i dont think i will ever have time to play because i have university next year rofl. how time flies. only two years ago was i xat chatting away and playing brawl with not a care in the world.
bay life mentality.

I decided im not gonna get smash bros on the Wii U for one reason: no gamecube controller. Seriously, smash is meant to be played with a gamecube controller, and im not going to do it with a wii remote. So yeah no smash on the wii u. I'll probably get it on the 3ds though. What im hoping is that by the time the wii u comes out, I will have a computer that can run melee at full speed so I can play online. That would complete my life.

though, i think i will probably end up playing dota 2. from smash bros to moba games. the true circle of life.

wut r u up 2?

Right, now its going really well. I've been playing alot of melee recently. Like last weekend I played for 8 hours i think. I brought my gamecube controller to college hoping I would find some people who played smash bros. I got really lucky because I found some guys on my floor who play it all the time. They know what shfflng and waveshining are, so its all good; im not cheating or anything.So I pretty much get to play melee whenever I want. When you get to play actual people instead of computers, you get 20x better. Once I get a car, I am going to a tournament. I'm probably gonna lose really bad, but hey, its the only way to get better.

I also play brawl occasionally, but only casually. Like FFAs with items on high on hyrule temple. It's fun though because I have my texture hacks, and we play it on 3D tvs. I didn't know the game supported 3D, I guess TVs now days are awesome like that. Iv'e also been playing alot of minecraft because everyone at my school plays it. Like, everyone has their own server. I just like to make trap houses, like hooking up redstone torch to a diamond block so if someone mines it, it triggers off TNT. Best method of trolling ever. And I play tf2 time to time, still gotta buy a premium account for that. Thats pretty much all I play nowdays. I cant really play singleplayer games anymore, I feel like I can't enjoy them to their full extent on my tiny 22' dorm room tv.

But yeah, glad to still see that someone still goes on newgrounds. I thought that maybe everyone in the crew left newgrounds or something. Anyways, I really want to play like project m or brawl- with some of you guys when im on break, because the internet here sucks. Should be fun.

Steam: Bstuk

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-09 09:56:51

I hope that guy atleast make an controller thats similiar to the gamecube for wiiu and the stages won't be as hazzerdous otherwise they'll loose to hackers again

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-16 00:28:19

I played brawl at a friend's house couple weeks ago because we had a group physics project. Made a cannon that shoots tennis balls, pretty fun stuff.

I'm a junior in high school now so I'm pretty fucking busy, what with 4 AP and 2 preap classes and running cross country. I still play competitive CSS too much nowadays.

Brawl is still kind of fun when I have time for it, but that's very rare.

Miss you guys!

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-20 00:57:02

We need to revive the chat now!

I miss you bastards. The internet sucks without you guys.

Dark Souls consumed my life.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-26 17:02:30

Sony could possibly be making their own version of Super Smash Bros.

What do any of you guys think about this? Would you play this game if turns out to be what people think it will be?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-26 17:40:17

At 9/30/11 06:24 PM, verycoolguy wrote: MetaKnight is banned from tourneys.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.ph p?t=311729

That sucks. Good thing Lucas became my main like half a year ago. Kirby will always be my favorite and main in the first 2 SSB games though.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-27 17:31:25

I played every single one all 100% execpt brawl 98%

Pimp68

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-27 17:36:48

I want to join i beat 3 lvl 9 cpus :) but it been a month so i am probaly as good before.Therfore i wanna join

Pimp68

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-27 22:47:53

Guys, seriously come to http://xat.com/ssbc_ng

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-27 22:51:28

At 11/26/11 05:02 PM, ZJ wrote: Sony could possibly be making their own version of Super Smash Bros.

What do any of you guys think about this? Would you play this game if turns out to be what people think it will be?

I don't think it will size up to it IMO. I would like to try it out though.

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-28 01:13:45

At 11/26/11 05:02 PM, ZJ wrote: Sony could possibly be making their own version of Super Smash Bros.

It's most likely gonna fail

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-29 12:42:09

At 8/29/11 05:44 AM, ZJ wrote: Shit, we might as well bring back Roy, Mewtwo, and Young Link, too.

Mewtwo was so much better than Lucario in my opinion.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-29 22:27:36

At 11/28/11 01:13 AM, Devilshadow666 wrote:

It's most likely gonna fail

It doesn't have the same character element that Nintendo has.

Also http://xat.com/ssbc_ng

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-11-29 22:28:12

At 11/27/11 10:47 PM, EnjoiLove wrote: Guys, seriously come to http://xat.com/ssbc_ng

Amazing chatroom experience I say.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-01 20:01:18

Well I still play melee alot and use at least three charaters Fox, Captain Falcon, and Mario.

I still have the original and the way I got it was awesome, I was about 17 and bought the N64 Smash Bros.
2 controllers, and about 5 other great games for 20$, and the work perfectly.

"War... War never changes."

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-08 14:24:28

Can i join?
The game that i play more is Super smash bros brawl but my favorite is melee.
And my favorite characters are Link, Samus, R.O.B, Mr game and watch and captain falcon \m/

Metal Hell

The cold wind and the snow of this night, whips my heart of pure ice

My cold blood is running through my veins, but my soul burns like an everlasting flame

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-09 00:42:56

To be blunt, stop talking about which games are your damn favorite, holy shit.

Also on a more nicer note. IF any of you new people are interested, you're more then welcome to join us at the chat. Also, we don't have a leader so everyone can freely join.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-09 22:29:22

The only one I have is Melee and my next-door neighbor has Brawl No one I know has the N64 one (sadly). I usually pick either Fox (not because of tiers), Mario, Mr. Game And Watch, Kirby and I used to use Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. For Super Sudden Death I like to use Bowser. In case we're aloud to post about Brawl (if there was an update or something), my favorite character is Wolf. I think it takes more skill to play good at Melee though. Super Smash Brothers is probably the best game series ever. I think #4 comes out on Wii U or 3DS (it is a handheld though so maybe not). Keep on Smashing.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-24 23:30:57

I don't have a wii, but am getting one real soon. been playing melee quite a bit lately, and 64 on my pc. But 64 is hard to play on a keyboard. but ya gonna get a wii soon, with brawl and maybe metroid prime 3.

underneath my fat belly is a whole lotta leprachauns that are pissed off

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-26 10:09:28

can i join? (ive joined a long time ago but most likely the people that i knew here are gone or something) my favorites are Pit, Mr. G&W, Luigi, and sometimes Ike. :3

yiffy-ky-yay!

the place for furs, the fur crew / oooh...colours... / since im bi, i go to the NG gay/bisexual club, so what?

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2011-12-27 21:05:32

I love brawl to death ever since they announced sonic in October 2008. But That stupid decision Nintendo made to add a trip mechanic is a decision they shouldn't have passed in my opinion. When luck starts to dominate skill thats not a satisfying fighting game. So brawl is better than melee because of replay value and Melee is better than brawl because it requires more skill to win a fight.

Best played with:

Sonic

Samus/Zero suit samus

Zelda

Mario

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-01-26 18:13:54

At 12/27/11 09:05 PM, II2none wrote: I love brawl to death ever since they announced sonic in October 2008. But That stupid decision Nintendo made to add a trip mechanic is a decision they shouldn't have passed in my opinion. When luck starts to dominate skill thats not a satisfying fighting game. So brawl is better than melee because of replay value and Melee is better than brawl because it requires more skill to win a fight.

Same story here, until I learned sonic's fighting style wasn't great. Also, I never had a problem with tripping. The only character I had a problem with was ike.

Also, FAVORITE CHARACTERS! :
Ike
Olimar
Lucas
Sonic

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-05-05 12:12:34

This place is more dead than it can ever be.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-05-08 01:10:30

I heard SSB4 will have Master Chief.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-05-08 02:45:09

At 5/5/12 12:12 PM, EnjoiLove wrote: This place is more dead than it can ever be.

dont worry, it'll liven up in a couple years or so when the next SSB is released

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-06-14 01:19:33

My god......so many memories of this thread. It was one of the first places I ever posted on the internet. The nostalgia is killing me. 2007, holy shit.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-06-14 14:05:36

My favorite character to play is Luigi. He's been my primary character ever since SSB 64. Actually, he was virtually the only character I would play, all through 64, Melee, and lately Brawl. A couple of my college suitemates and I pitched in some money to get Brawl during winter last year so naturally I continued with Luigi. So much smashing man... it was almost a daily routine. And they came to respect my Luiginess... and fear the Green Missile.

Smash has really taught me a lot about the kind of gamer I am. I never edge-guarded because I truly enjoy an honorable fight to pit my skills against my opponent rather than using cheap tactics - which is why I was sorely disappointed at my campus's smash tournament to see people playing just to win by any means necessary (though in retrospect I should've anticipated this). A good fight gives me a great feeling of satisfaction, especially when I lose XD

Any other Weegee's around here?

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-06-14 18:01:07

At 6/14/12 02:05 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Any other Weegee's around here?

I'm also a Luigi player myself. Whenever I would choose, there would always be a few mutterings of "You're playing as HIM?" But then, of course, they would feel the sweet and powerful wrath of the Weegee.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-06-19 23:02:11

I don't know where else I could talk about this, but I may have been a part of the most epic Smash Bros fight of my life.

Before I begin, I'm gonna go right out and let you all know that my preferred fighter has been Pikachu for the last several years (Originally it was Donkey Kong, then Dr. Mario, Ike, and then Snake). This is due to the fact that he's got a great Final Smash, has great speed, coupled along with a decent attack rate. I feel like he's underrated in the Smash Bros Community.

My friend, being the tool that he can be, immediately chose Sonic, didn't change his color at all (a weird tradition of mine, I can't stand fighting the "normal" versions), and named himself PIMP. Like I said, total tool, yet we're thick as thieves, usually. We started a tournament for the hell of it, making all of the CPU characters drop out unless it was my red-hatted Pikachu or his generic Sonic. We won all of our respective battles, then came the championship round with Pikachu and Sonic.

The stage was Final Destination, obviously. The match started, and what followed was a match of attrition. Damage was twice the normal rate, so each blow would send them flying. Smash Ball after Smash Ball appeared, and Super Sonic and Volt Tackle made several appearances. It was amazing.

I'm not boasting about my ability at this game. I'm pretty good, but not pro good. And neither was my friend. Still, it sure looked pretty damn cool, the electric rat and spiky porcupine leaping about, smacking the holy hell out of one another, deflecting attack after attack.

Finally Pikachu got a good hold of a Beam Sword and swiped Sonic. He flew back to the stage only to stupidly walk straight into a Bob-Omb. I won.

"OH HELL NO!" My friend exclaimed, being a sore loser. "We're doing a one on one match, one life, normal damage, no items, NOW!"

I agreed, realizing that I was probably toast at this point. But we went to Group mode and started it up with those rules. And the same thing happened without items. It was like the Matrix in a video game format.

Finally, we were both at one life, completely equal. Pikachu on the left side, Sonic on the right. Pikachu briefly scratches himself, Sonic does a few backflips. And then they charged. Imagine that in Matrix music and it would be the same as the movie, but with Pikachu and Sonic instead, obviously. Both went into a flurry of blows and special moves. This time, my friend was winning, knocking Pikachu off again and again, each time barely getting back to the stage without getting smacked off again.

My friend turns to me. "You see, Glides, I'm a real hardcore gamer." He plays a lot of Call of Duty, I'll grant him that. "So a noob like you, with a character as weak and pathetic as Pikachu, couldn't hope to beat Sonic." The second that word was out of his mouth, Pikachu smash attacked Sonic and off he went. He had won, barely.

The reaction from my friend was priceless. Like I said, he's a sore loser. He screamed like the damned, like Pikachu had come out of the screen and electrocuted him. Yelling at me about what a cheater I was, when it was his cockiness that ensured his loss. I suppose that's part of the fun of being his friend, proving what a noob HE is.

Anyway, I needed to tell someone that story, and it happened to be you guys. Hope you enjoyed it, and it just goes to show how magical Smash Bros can be. Even if that magic involved some Sega ass whooping.

Glides is done with his post.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2012-06-20 00:37:04

At 6/14/12 06:01 PM, Oolaph wrote: I'm also a Luigi player myself. Whenever I would choose, there would always be a few mutterings of "You're playing as HIM?" But then, of course, they would feel the sweet and powerful wrath of the Weegee.

Haha, right on. I actually played good few rounds of drunken Brawl last night with my friends, and the all mutually agreed to ban me from playing as him. Now... if only my joystick up-jump wouldn't malfunction so sporadically I'd be able to fight to my fullest potential.

At 6/14/12 07:17 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: For 64 and Melee, yes. He's pretty much my best character in those two. I wish he wasn't so nerfed in brawl though. He feels too weak now. I still use him pretty frequently in brawl.

I only ever really noticed that when comparing his side-B. I can't really complain though, his Green Missile in Melee was practically a guaranteed one way trip to victory or death - it's was absolutely horrifying to both the enemy and the user. It was far more stable in Brawl imo, and it's still bailed me out of some pretty desperate situations. I adore the Green Missile. Plus Luigi's up-B recovery was quite poor in Melee, being restricted to a vertical jump path rather than diagonal in SSB and Brawl. Though he may have been weakened in Brawl, he's definitely gotten more agile. Lots of friends I play with, both in and out of college, remark about his slippery ways. Then again, I dodge like a motherfucker XD

At 6/19/12 11:02 PM, Glides wrote: Anyway, I needed to tell someone that story, and it happened to be you guys. Hope you enjoyed it, and it just goes to show how magical Smash Bros can be. Even if that magic involved some Sega ass whooping.

That's what I love about this game; when it boils down to the grits of the last two standing, engaged in mortal combat till the bitter yet spectacular end. There's absolutely no telling how it's gonna turn out! Duels are always fun to watch, especially when they're both on their last lives and really railing on each other for the upper hand. Even more when you're the one behind the controller. My roommate and I sometimes got so into it that we actually made paining and grunting noises in reaction to how the match went, as well as saying cheesy fighting lines XD

A personal favorite quote of mine, whilst versing his Ganon, was "YOUR PEOPLE WILL NEVER TASTE CORN AGAIN!"
We all had to literally stop playing for a while because we were laughing so hard. Oh and don't get me started on the screencaps.

Ahhh, those were the glory days...

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature