00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States

2,624 Views | 51 Replies

Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-15 23:25:03

Can you believe this shit?

Not only is this a terrible idea, but it'll mean that a lot of political gerrymandering will happen, and the country's Representative Democracy will be even MORE fucked up.

Any Californian NGers, please try and help stop this bill.

I'd rather die a Wolf fighting against the Herder, than die a Sheep heading for the slaughter.

AVGN Fan Club. - The Culturally Diverse Crew - The Carnivorous Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-15 23:37:36

I wouldn't worry about stopping the bill for it, the added paperwork and annoyance in general that will be caused to the politics of the country and changing shit around will make people higher up refuse it. No one wants to have to deal with all that shit paperwork.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-15 23:40:09

And thus the Great Californian War was in motion.

and when the smoke cleared, movies and television became less shitty.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 00:29:04

At 7/15/14 11:25 PM, Knights wrote: Can you believe this shit?

Not only is this a terrible idea, but it'll mean that a lot of political gerrymandering will happen, and the country's Representative Democracy will be even MORE fucked up.

DAHAHAHAAAAM!

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 00:38:30

Why can't we just lock this guy up in an asylum already? Fuck.

50 states is a beautiful number. Not only does he want to fuck that up, but as everyone else correctly pointed out, his whole motivation is to facilitate gerrymandering and get the poor out of his way because he despises them so much. He doesn't know what it's like to not have the kind of money that he has. The same thing applies to any proponent of dividing up any state that currently exists right now. This country hasn't been this politically polarized since the Civil War, and all he wants to do is divide Californians further. From his own words:

"Those places are poor under the current regime. They don't have to be poor. These can be wealthy states."

No state, I repeat, no state in the US should be exclusively rich. In fact, in a perfect world, all of us would be making the same amount of money regardless of our profession or skill set. I have an intense unfathomable hatred for this guy and I'm nowhere near him.

What's worse is how much of a domino effect this could have on the rest of the country, and that's a significant part of why this story has my attention.

We're facing similar a similar set of issues in NY where I can't hear people shut up sometimes about wanting NYC and Long Island to become separate states. A good number of them also want to divide upstate into 2 separate states: one that has the Finger Lakes and Western New York and some of the Southern Tier and the other with the Hudson Valley, the rest of the Southern Tier, Central New York and the North Country as well. If this guy's plan succeeds in CA, NY and other states might follow suit, and I'll leave it to everyone else to imagine what will happen after that.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 00:43:26

the last fucking thing we need are more shit eating california's the current one is fucked politcally and socially as is. all they are trying to do is tally up more senators and house reps for the democratic party.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 00:46:15

At 7/15/14 11:25 PM, Knights wrote: Can you believe this shit?

Don't worry. It'll only affect natural born Californians.
Also, nah.

RIGHT-TILTING PENTAGON GANG

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 01:03:02

At 7/16/14 12:43 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the last fucking thing we need are more shit eating california's the current one is fucked politcally and socially as is. all they are trying to do is tally up more senators and house reps for the democratic party.

More Democrats could save this country, but splitting California is still ridiculous. Gerrymandering, especially on an astronomical scale, is a rape of democracy and sets a bad precedent- as others have joked about splitting other states or every state.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:01:38

At 7/16/14 12:40 AM, Thor wrote: Let's split every state into 6 states.

I feel bad for rhode island

STEAM

"What I would and wouldn't do with your tight twink body is none of their business. But seriously, I would fucking destroy you." - Xenomit

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:10:36

Eh, it would cost too much to put five more stars on the flag. Same reason why we'll never do shit with any of our common wealth countries like Puerto Rico.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:15:24

At 7/16/14 01:03 AM, 1916 wrote: More Democrats could save this country, but splitting California is still ridiculous. Gerrymandering, especially on an astronomical scale, is a rape of democracy and sets a bad precedent- as others have joked about splitting other states or every state.

no they wouldn't the typical tax and spend on frivilous bullshit like giving welfare to illegal immigrants and people who don't deserve it, or outreach programs that are just a money pit and the fact they waste it on shit like "global warming" and gun control is a laugh.

thankfully though there wont be any dividing into smaller states for california being the shit hole it is as a whole

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:16:14

Though I think this has a snowballs chance in hell happening, I like these state secession/partition movements. To be honest i think in some cases it should happen.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:23:34

At 7/16/14 02:15 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: no they wouldn't the typical tax and spend on frivilous bullshit like giving welfare to illegal immigrants and people who don't deserve it, or outreach programs that are just a money pit and the fact they waste it on shit like "global warming" and gun control is a laugh.

Giving money to those that need it is a perfectly good use of funds. So is climate change, so in gun control.

thankfully though there wont be any dividing into smaller states for california being the shit hole it is as a whole

There won't be any division for a lot of reasons.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:25:13

At 7/16/14 02:16 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Though I think this has a snowballs chance in hell happening, I like these state secession/partition movements. To be honest i think in some cases it should happen.

If you support secession movements, then you aren't much of an "All-American." States aren't allowed to leave the union, ever heard of the Civil War?

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:29:10

At 7/16/14 02:02 AM, Thor wrote:
At 7/16/14 02:01 AM, koopahermit wrote:
I feel bad for rhode island
I did before I proposed that

Even if it was halved, I've would still feel bad.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

BBS Signature

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:44:50

At 7/16/14 02:25 AM, 1916 wrote:
At 7/16/14 02:16 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Though I think this has a snowballs chance in hell happening, I like these state secession/partition movements. To be honest i think in some cases it should happen.
If you support secession movements, then you aren't much of an "All-American." States aren't allowed to leave the union, ever heard of the Civil War?

I meant part of a state seceding from the state itself. Like if Chicago seceded from Illinois. Also we seceded from the British so secession is plenty American.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:45:33

At 7/16/14 02:23 AM, 1916 wrote:
At 7/16/14 02:15 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: no they wouldn't the typical tax and spend on frivilous bullshit like giving welfare to illegal immigrants and people who don't deserve it, or outreach programs that are just a money pit and the fact they waste it on shit like "global warming" and gun control is a laugh.
Giving money to those that need it is a perfectly good use of funds. So is climate change, so in gun control.

no it isn't its a waste of funds when we could spend it on something better like homeland security, fixing the economy, making jobs not petty back burner issues like that.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:48:21

At 7/16/14 02:44 AM, All-American-Badass wrote:
I meant part of a state seceding from the state itself. Like if Chicago seceded from Illinois. Also we seceded from the British so secession is plenty American.

Why would you support dumb shit like that?

British colonies seceding from the British is not equivalent to American states seceding from America. Not in terms of being "American" at least. Separating yourself from America is inherently un-American.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:51:21

At 7/16/14 02:45 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: no it isn't its a waste of funds when we could spend it on something better like homeland security, fixing the economy, making jobs not petty back burner issues like that.

We're plenty secure, don't be paranoid. "Fixing the economy?" I thought you conservatives were opposed to the Stimulus package? Also, giving money to those without money means they have more money. They will spend this money on goods and services which will aid the economy. "Making jobs." You mean like building infrastructure and stuff like that? All the evil tyranny of big gubbermint?

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:58:25

At 7/16/14 02:51 AM, 1916 wrote: We're plenty secure, don't be paranoid. "Fixing the economy?" I thought you conservatives were opposed to the Stimulus package? Also, giving money to those without money means they have more money.

ask someone who works at a gas station or grocery store about people who use EBT and food stamps, they will tell you that 50% of the people who come in don't need it and use it to buy candy and shit like Rockstars. giving out free money only leads to it being exploited by people who want free shit and not want to work on my fucking tax money.

They will spend this money on goods and services which will aid the economy. "Making jobs." You mean like building infrastructure and stuff like that? All the evil tyranny of big gubbermint?

yeah money that is used on EBT and foodstamps, barely even covers a profit for companies and corporations and the fact that the system is used on tax payers money. the tax money is better off on fixing our failing infrastructure whic by the Army Corps of Engineers rates at a C that would make plenty of jobs in construction and skilled trade for the next 5 to 10 years.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 02:59:06

At 7/16/14 02:48 AM, 1916 wrote:
At 7/16/14 02:44 AM, All-American-Badass wrote:
Why would you support dumb shit like that?

British colonies seceding from the British is not equivalent to American states seceding from America. Not in terms of being "American" at least. Separating yourself from America is inherently un-American.

Because people deserve a right to have a government of the people for the people and by the people. instead they're getting government for the asshats who live in Metropolis and have no clue how people out in Smallville live their life.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 03:03:17

At 7/16/14 02:59 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Because people deserve a right to have a government of the people for the people and by the people. instead they're getting government for the asshats who live in Metropolis and have no clue how people out in Smallville live their life.

The problem isn't really with the politicians, they're just an extension of the people- where the real problem lies.

Gerrymandering entire states won't make people stop being idiots.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 03:08:32

At 7/16/14 02:58 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 7/16/14 02:51 AM, 1916 wrote:
ask someone who works at a gas station or grocery store about people who use EBT and food stamps, they will tell you that 50% of the people who come in don't need it and use it to buy candy and shit like Rockstars. giving out free money only leads to it being exploited by people who want free shit and not want to work on my fucking tax money.

There certainly is abuse in the system, there's only so much you can do about that. The solution isn't to glorify greed and take from those who truly need because of those who abuse.

yeah money that is used on EBT and foodstamps, barely even covers a profit for companies and corporations and the fact that the system is used on tax payers money. the tax money is better off on fixing our failing infrastructure whic by the Army Corps of Engineers rates at a C that would make plenty of jobs in construction and skilled trade for the next 5 to 10 years.

Money spent contributes to the economy. Infrastructure is also important of course, both are worthy causes and funds should be allocated to each, rather than dealing with issues one at a time.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 03:10:26

At 7/16/14 03:03 AM, 1916 wrote:
At 7/16/14 02:59 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Because people deserve a right to have a government of the people for the people and by the people. instead they're getting government for the asshats who live in Metropolis and have no clue how people out in Smallville live their life.
The problem isn't really with the politicians, they're just an extension of the people- where the real problem lies.

Gerrymandering entire states won't make people stop being idiots.

Well regardless they deserve to be represented by idiots who understand them, not disenfranchised by idiots who don't.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 03:21:34

At 7/16/14 03:10 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Well regardless they deserve to be represented by idiots who understand them, not disenfranchised by idiots who don't.

They deserve who they vote for.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 03:21:47

At 7/16/14 03:08 AM, 1916 wrote: There certainly is abuse in the system, there's only so much you can do about that. The solution isn't to glorify greed and take from those who truly need because of those who abuse.

when it take forms of abuse in the hundreds of millions then yeah you should I'm just saying put in place guards to weed it out like financial and medical background checks, drug testing,receipts of merchandise bought reasonable shit to make sure the system is used by those who ACTUALLLY need it.

Money spent contributes to the economy. Infrastructure is also important of course, both are worthy causes and funds should be allocated to each, rather than dealing with issues one at a time.

spending money on job creation and economic progress is one of the biggest issues right along national defense. shit like gun control and environmental bullshit are lesser secondary issues that have no reason for immediate funding.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 03:32:36

At 7/16/14 03:21 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: when it take forms of abuse in the hundreds of millions then yeah you should I'm just saying put in place guards to weed it out like financial and medical background checks, drug testing,receipts of merchandise bought reasonable shit to make sure the system is used by those who ACTUALLLY need it.

You're concerned about hundreds of millions of dollars? Why not hundreds of billions wasted going to defense to satisfy the paranoid and start meaningless conflicts?

spending money on job creation and economic progress is one of the biggest issues right along national defense. shit like gun control and environmental bullshit are lesser secondary issues that have no reason for immediate funding.

Thousands of people are killed every year because of this country's terrible gun laws. It's a enormous issue that can't just be ignored because there are other issues which might be more important.

The environment is quite possibly the most important issue of them all. The economy could go to shit, the whole nation could collapse, we'll get over it. But if the planet starts to fuck us back for the years we've raped it unnecessarily we've got real problems.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 05:48:39

then split those into 6 futher states until basically a state is the size of a small village.

give each state its own tiny army and MAKE THEM FIGHT UNTIL THE STRONGEST SURVIVE

then call it the bunga bunga games

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 06:27:35

At 7/16/14 03:32 AM, 1916 wrote: You're concerned about hundreds of millions of dollars? Why not hundreds of billions wasted going to defense to satisfy the paranoid and start meaningless conflicts?

Iraq was hardly justified but we couldnt let it be as it is. I agree it was babuh Bush finishing daddy Bush's work. but staying the top military force for the last 80+ years we've never been attacked or a trusted ally by a foreign military force.

Thousands of people are killed every year because of this country's terrible gun laws. It's a enormous issue that can't just be ignored because there are other issues which might be more important.

more like 15-30,000 a year a drop in the bucket and most of them are by criminals or people who shouldnt have firearms in the first place in states with the strictest gun control laws New York, Illinois and California.

The environment is quite possibly the most important issue of them all. The economy could go to shit, the whole nation could collapse, we'll get over it. But if the planet starts to fuck us back for the years we've raped it unnecessarily we've got real problems.

and we're 300 years away from that sort of bullshit so theres nothing to worry about by that time we should have space colonization. still a minor secondary issue.

Response to Madman Wants Ca To Be 6 States 2014-07-16 10:20:03

At 7/16/14 03:21 AM, 1916 wrote:
At 7/16/14 03:10 AM, All-American-Badass wrote: Well regardless they deserve to be represented by idiots who understand them, not disenfranchised by idiots who don't.
They deserve who they vote for.

They didn't vote for the people who disenfranchised them though, the other idiots did though, unforutately the other idiots make a majority of the state population and have a completely different worldview than the idiots who are disenfranchised. You look at Illinois and have Chicago dictating the entire state enough the Chicago politicians have no clue how people in Peoria or Effingham live.