New Topic Respond to this Topic
DingoWalleyStudio
DingoWalleyStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 5th, 2013 @ 02:59 PM Reply

I still need a Bassist, a Drummer, and a Cellist. I can't seem to find anyone wanting to help. Maybe I won't be able to do this.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 5th, 2013 @ 03:37 PM Reply

I'll need to wait until this place has a bit more broadband, and not dongle internet -- but I've gotten involved with another church choir (I seem to be a regular at these!) -- and the line-up for Christmas Eve is out.

I'm going to be publicly thundering the bodhrán for two hymns during the Vigil Mass, including Gaudete (look it up).

Took a video recording last Thursday and I am EAGER to share it, but I'll need to wait -- and I do know that the drumming needs quite a bit of work.

me is nervous

Attention @etherealwinds -- since he was the one who first introduced Gaudete to me.

If you ask me about my FL projects.... many of them are on hold.

AMDG ✝

Blank slate, with no project files from years past to base oneself on.

BBS Signature
etherealwinds
etherealwinds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 5th, 2013 @ 04:16 PM Reply

At 11/5/13 03:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote:

Attention @etherealwinds -- since he was the one who first introduced Gaudete to me.

OH WONDERFUL <333!

BBS Signature
KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 5th, 2013 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 11/5/13 02:59 PM, DingoWalleyStudio wrote: I still need a Bassist, a Drummer, and a Cellist. I can't seem to find anyone wanting to help. Maybe I won't be able to do this.

If u looking for people to record electric bass, im all for it.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 6th, 2013 @ 11:12 AM Reply

At 11/5/13 04:16 PM, etherealwinds wrote:
At 11/5/13 03:37 PM, Troisnyx wrote:

OH WONDERFUL <333!

And now I look forward to every iteration of that hymn during practice sessions. ^_^

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
CeeeX
CeeeX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 6th, 2013 @ 11:27 AM Reply

Doing nothing but spamming old tracks of mine right now :')

My soundtracks, your imagination

My Youtube channel

deadlyfishes
deadlyfishes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 6th, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

I was going to post this earlier when I was working on it, but I was working on a film scoring project.

The project was to do a re-score of the film "Inception." Yay for insanely overproduced cinematic music.
Anyways, the project was a group effort where we all had to re-create ALL the audio which includes the dialogue, sound effects, foley and of course the music.

I made a news post about it here:
http://deadlyfishes.newgrounds.com/news/

I did something pretty ambitious with the video this time. The pretty much showcases the entire process of how I did it. Showing the sequence in FL Studio, notation in Sibelius, the recording/mastering session in Pro Tools and camera footage of recording the first few layers of the string part.

At the moment, I'm working the scores for my jazz tunes that I'm recording in the studio next week. The band is really awesome, the singer is just phenomenal! I look forward to sharing some stuff whenever that's all recorded and mixed!

<Professional Composer> <AudioJungle Reviewer>
OFFICIAL MUSIC SITE!
Check out something I did for NATA 2013! Hikarian's winning NATA 2013 Entry

BBS Signature
alanisnotcool
alanisnotcool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 6th, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Im always working on something, but unfortunately i usually never finish my projects =(

I use Fl studio like many people here do, its so easy to work with!

I uploaded a short preview teaser on this site a few days ago, and im ready to select a few tracks to finish so that i can make an EP and share my music with more people =)

• Deep Progressive
    Deep Progressive by alanisnotcool

something new from the brewery

Score
    3.99 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

KatMaestro
KatMaestro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 10:04 AM Reply

Reviving a dead symphony I half-assly composed back in 2002... god, it makes me feel how lack of skill I am in music orchestration.

The oppressed, instead of striving for liberation, tend themselves to become oppressors. — Paulo Freire

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 12:25 PM Reply

At 11/7/13 10:04 AM, Elitistinen wrote: Reviving a dead symphony I half-assly composed back in 2002... god, it makes me feel how lack of skill I am in music orchestration.

To be fair, everytime I go through my own previous works (I started composing regularly in 2004), I feel the same -- but as far as instrumentation and mixing.

AMDG ✝

BBS Signature
DingoWalleyStudio
DingoWalleyStudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What are you working on? Nov. 7th, 2013 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 11/5/13 05:50 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 11/5/13 02:59 PM, DingoWalleyStudio wrote: I still need a Bassist, a Drummer, and a Cellist. I can't seem to find anyone wanting to help. Maybe I won't be able to do this.
If u looking for people to record electric bass, im all for it.

I'm looking for a Real Bassist, a Real Drummer and a Real Cellist actually. Thank you for the offer, but I really want to use real Instruments (I've never been a fan of VST's, Keyboards that are used for other instruments, and Drum Machines).

Besides, I don't think you'd fit in with the kind of Music I'm trying to create (It's Very Psychedelic, Progressive, Experimental stuff). Thanks again though...