00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BleakNomad just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The unpopular opinion thread

35,211 Views | 528 Replies

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 00:44:52

At 11/4/13 07:18 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/4/13 02:20 PM, Savant wrote: Die Antwoord is fucking awful.
They are decent in their best moments. Mediocre most of the time... and they use backtapes when they play live... they apparently can't perform their own tracks live...

Do you just sit here and disagree with every point? You must live an empty existence. Here is another pop tart.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 01:27:08

At 11/5/13 12:44 AM, GravityAngel wrote: Do you just sit here and disagree with every point? You must live an empty existence. Here is another pop tart.

Stop talking to me, dickwad. You keep chasing me around like a fucking One Direction fangirl. Go creep around someone else, loser.

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 01:31:00

At 11/5/13 01:27 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 11/5/13 12:44 AM, GravityAngel wrote: Do you just sit here and disagree with every point? You must live an empty existence. Here is another pop tart.
Stop talking to me, dickwad. You keep chasing me around like a fucking One Direction fangirl. Go creep around someone else, loser.

By checking in on a thread I posted in that is some how stalking. Man you must live an empty paranoid life. Shhh, can you hear that? The lamp is talking about you again. Better pull his plug so you can stop his sass mouth. Pop tart.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 01:33:48

At 11/5/13 01:27 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:

Sig by Techno Last.FM

It's time to d-d-dddddduel

Rapefunk Myanimelist

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 01:57:20

At 11/5/13 01:31 AM, GravityAngel wrote: By checking in on a thread I posted in that is some how stalking. Man you must live an empty paranoid life. Shhh, can you hear that? The lamp is talking about you again. Better pull his plug so you can stop his sass mouth.

Let's try to rationalize with you primitive fuck. You opposed my views at first, but couldn't speak your mind without ad hominem bullshit against me. When I point this out you go "hurrr duurrr I was in the army, bitch!" From this point, I laugh and move on. I then adress another user's post and APPROVE ON WHAT HE SAID. You then chase me around like a low-life and tell me "you just have to disagree with everyone", proving how much of a dumbass you are. I tell you to stop chasing me around, and you find some bullshit backward arguing method to suggest that I would somehow be the one to blame. Just... go pollute another website with your mindless shit, ok? Newgrounds general forum is sad enough as it is. We don't need fucktards who just can't say anything based on rational analyse or considerations for facts.

Keep pulling stupid shit out of your ass, and act like a 13 years old bully on the Internet.

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 04:21:27

At 11/5/13 01:31 AM, GravityAngel wrote: By checking in on a thread I posted in that is some how stalking. Man you must live an empty paranoid life. Shhh, can you hear that? The lamp is talking about you again. Better pull his plug so you can stop his sass mouth. Pop tart.

Dude stop it that's too many pop tarts. He's gonna get a stomachache, geez.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 09:46:50

At 11/5/13 02:00 AM, Nebula wrote: Die Hard 5 is a worse movie with Chernobyl than Chernobyl Diaries.

To be fair, the only reason why the film was a box office hit it's because it was a Die Hard movie, but the truth is the quality have degraded due to too many sequels.

They did picked it back up with the fourth movie but in the end, they can never reach the epicness the first movie has. I actually like the second movie even though people have some issues with it.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 10:48:17

People think it's micheal jackson's own fault he died because I think he was an addict.
IMO, I think he was paying the doctor alot of money just to supply him with that drug, and one day he wanted more than normal , so he died.
IMO, you blame the addict, not the dealer. If Micheal Jackson didnt want the drug, the doctor wouldnt have forced him to take it.

"Man, I nearly snapped my twig. Then again I nearly snapped A few of you"- Alice in Chains

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 12:52:17

At 11/5/13 01:57 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:

Let's try to rationalize with you primitive fuck. You opposed my views at first, but couldn't speak your mind without ad hominem bullshit against me. When I point this out you go "hurrr duurrr I was in the army, bitch!" From this point, I laugh and move on. I then adress another user's post and APPROVE ON WHAT HE SAID. You then chase me around like a low-life and tell me "you just have to disagree with everyone", proving how much of a dumbass you are. I tell you to stop chasing me around, and you find some bullshit backward arguing method to suggest that I would somehow be the one to blame. Just... go pollute another website with your mindless shit, ok? Newgrounds general forum is sad enough as it is. We don't need fucktards who just can't say anything based on rational analyse or considerations for facts.

Keep pulling stupid shit out of your ass, and act like a 13 years old bully on the Internet.

No, I simply speak in what could be conceived as a more aggressive form for people who are not used to a culture I've been involved with for a long period of time. Judging by your massive level of butthurt I would say you find it aggressive. And no you did not agree with what that poster said. That poster said they were awful you on the other hand gave them some credit of having some talent. Far from agreeing. Now apparently I am "chasing you around" by monitoring a thread I have posted in. Have I sent you a private message? Have I tried adding you to facebook? Have I called you? Am I parked outside of your mom's apartment where I wouldn't be surprised you lived. No, I have not. Like I said if you consider this bullying and stalking you live a sheltered paranoid life, please do Darwin a favor and run off a cliff screaming how the government is putting tin foil in the water to monitor how many times you piss in a run of a day.

kthxbye

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 12:53:55

Oh almost forgot. You seem rather upset so you might need another one.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 12:55:02

Your pop tart never loaded. My apologies.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 13:19:43

At 11/5/13 12:52 PM, GravityAngel wrote: No, I simply speak in what could be conceived as a more aggressive form for people who are not used to a culture I've been involved with for a long period of time. Judging by your massive level of butthurt I would say you find it aggressive. And no you did not agree with what that poster said. That poster said they were awful you on the other hand gave them some credit of having some talent. Far from agreeing. Now apparently I am "chasing you around" by monitoring a thread I have posted in. Have I sent you a private message? Have I tried adding you to facebook? Have I called you? Am I parked outside of your mom's apartment where I wouldn't be surprised you lived. No, I have not. Like I said if you consider this bullying and stalking you live a sheltered paranoid life, please do Darwin a favor and run off a cliff screaming how the government is putting tin foil in the water to monitor how many times you piss in a run of a day.

kthxbye

You lack any and all kind of rational thinking. You took an agressive approach to my position and made the whole point of your post an insult. That's not just agressive, it's retarded. You never made a point, the core of your post was an insult, a waste of precious internet space.

And yes, I agreed for the most part with the other user. Bringing other points to a discussion is what makes it interresting, and your answer was the answer of some internet bully who can't understand when it's time to quit.

You were indeed chasing me around the thread, giving me useless bullshit when I was not even adressing anything you said. I never said you were a stalker, jeez...

And now you are yet again, basing your whole point on insults. You make assumptions of what I am and what I do with my life based on the fact... that I disagreed with you on how good Daft Punk are. Good job, asshole. This kind of stuff is even funnier when it comes from a guy who admits to be a social retard because of the military who's attacking someome he barely even knows and who could be just about anyone in the world...

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 13:36:48

Call of Duty isn't as horrible as many gamers make it out to be. (and CoD4 was a masterpiece).

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 13:51:58

At 11/5/13 01:19 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

You lack any and all kind of rational thinking. You took an agressive approach to my position and made the whole point of your post an insult. That's not just agressive, it's retarded. You never made a point, the core of your post was an insult, a waste of precious internet space.

And yes, I agreed for the most part with the other user. Bringing other points to a discussion is what makes it interresting, and your answer was the answer of some internet bully who can't understand when it's time to quit.

You were indeed chasing me around the thread, giving me useless bullshit when I was not even adressing anything you said. I never said you were a stalker, jeez...

And now you are yet again, basing your whole point on insults. You make assumptions of what I am and what I do with my life based on the fact... that I disagreed with you on how good Daft Punk are. Good job, asshole. This kind of stuff is even funnier when it comes from a guy who admits to be a social retard because of the military who's attacking someome he barely even knows and who could be just about anyone in the world...

You called them decent. Decent is far from awful. That is not agreeing on the most part. A statement like "They are pretty bad but I like that one song" would be agreeing on the most part. Considering other people in this thread have told you to calm down its easy to see who is upset. What you might view as aggressive is not aggressive for me. Granted it doesn't help that you're a little nancy, but I'm sure that'll work itself out over time. And no I am not judging based on the fact that you like Daft Punk. I am judging you on these outlandish standards of what you considering stalking and how easily butt hurt you get when someone disagrees with you after you disagree with them. Like you're surprised they would muster up the audacity to disagree with you, like you believe your opinion is that valid that it automatically moots that of another person. I reply to one, just one of your replies and all of a sudden I am "chasing you down". You probably think co-workers are stalking you when they show up to work on time.

Kid you should have quit long ago.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 17:45:01

At 11/5/13 01:51 PM, GravityAngel wrote: You called them decent. Decent is far from awful. That is not agreeing on the most part. A statement like "They are pretty bad but I like that one song" would be agreeing on the most part. Considering other people in this thread have told you to calm down its easy to see who is upset. What you might view as aggressive is not aggressive for me. Granted it doesn't help that you're a little nancy, but I'm sure that'll work itself out over time. And no I am not judging based on the fact that you like Daft Punk. I am judging you on these outlandish standards of what you considering stalking and how easily butt hurt you get when someone disagrees with you after you disagree with them. Like you're surprised they would muster up the audacity to disagree with you, like you believe your opinion is that valid that it automatically moots that of another person. I reply to one, just one of your replies and all of a sudden I am "chasing you down". You probably think co-workers are stalking you when they show up to work on time.

You should write paragraphs, it's easier when I want to quote specific things.

About that Die Antwoord part. I don't even know why we are still talking about this. The guy said something, I said what I thought about it. That's what the BBS is for.

If others have told me to calm down, it's because they are wrong just like you as to who is upset or because they didn't actually follow the little back-and-forth we've engaged into and just assumed that I was insulting you for no reason.

I've already explained the difference between stalking and chasing me around. I've already explained and re-explained what I meant, just to make sure everything was good.

You also assume that I'm angry. Which I'm not. And also that I'm butthurt because of our differences in opinions. Which is false. I just have this pet-peeve... I just hate it when people make void statements and when they make insults the very core of their arguments. My pet-peeve is that I feel the need to set things back straight when false accusations are thrown around, and when assumptions on other people's lives are used as arguments.

And again, your whole paragraph's topic is me, on who you believe me to be and what you believe me to believe. It isn't and never was about what I said. You just take whatever you want from my posts and make things up from it, then use it as if it was a valid opinion. Hell, I do not even hate you. I've seen some other of your posts (not in this thread anyway) and they make sense. We are just dragging ourselves out of the thread right now.

Just to show you how fine I am with you, I give you back your poptarts

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 17:56:29

At 11/5/13 10:48 AM, xxxcreep wrote: People think it's micheal jackson's own fault he died because I think he was an addict.
IMO, I think he was paying the doctor alot of money just to supply him with that drug, and one day he wanted more than normal , so he died.
IMO, you blame the addict, not the dealer. If Micheal Jackson didnt want the drug, the doctor wouldnt have forced him to take it.

He's not dead. He faked his death to pay off his debts because he knew he was worth more dead than was alive.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 19:42:29

Ugh, fuck it. I'm not sure that I would actively support it, but I wouldn't really mind if we repealed the 2nd amendment.

At 11/5/13 05:56 PM, kisame wrote: He's not dead. He faked his death to pay off his debts because he knew he was worth more dead than was alive.

Just like Dino Spumoni before him.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 22:23:41

At 11/5/13 07:42 PM, Dr-Worm wrote: Ugh, fuck it. I'm not sure that I would actively support it, but I wouldn't really mind if we repealed the 2nd amendment.

Not on your life, Cocksucker.

Science can't lie.

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 22:49:35

Honestly, Gravity, you did instigate Duff with your response to his post about Die Antwoord.

At 11/5/13 09:46 AM, Idiot-Finder wrote: They did picked it back up with the fourth movie but in the end, they can never reach the epicness the first movie has. I actually like the second movie even though people have some issues with it.

I really dislike the second one. I love the first and third ones, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 23:43:39

-Monster Hunter games are some of the best Ive played, not many people have played them in the west. That makes it unpopular I suppose.

-Gravity was a fantastic experience, but not the best movie plot wise.

-Pacific Rim sucked hard, only redeemable quality was its effects and action scenes.

-Portal was a great game, Portal 2 wasnt as good to me for some reason

-TF2 is boring

- I dont like FLCL, I can see how people might fin it interesting but I just dont'

At 11/5/13 01:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Call of Duty isn't as horrible as many gamers make it out to be. (and CoD4 was a masterpiece).

Agreed, but there are much better FPS's out there at the moment

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 23:52:42

At 11/5/13 11:43 PM, Noaxis wrote: -Pacific Rim sucked hard, only redeemable quality was its effects and action scenes.

Agreed. I didn't like Pacific Rim all that much. I was pretty bored throughout the entire film.

-Portal was a great game, Portal 2 wasnt as good to me for some reason

Yeah, portal 1 is like 10 times better.

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 23:55:05

At 11/5/13 10:23 PM, kisame wrote: Not on your life, Cocksucker.

Homophobic slurs to support the 2nd amendment. Why am I not surprised ;)

At 11/5/13 11:43 PM, Noaxis wrote:
At 11/5/13 01:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Call of Duty isn't as horrible as many gamers make it out to be. (and CoD4 was a masterpiece).
Agreed, but there are much better FPS's out there at the moment

I was considering buying BF4 on PC or PS3. Any recommandations?

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-05 23:55:14

At 11/5/13 05:45 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
You should write paragraphs, it's easier when I want to quote specific things.

About that Die Antwoord part. I don't even know why we are still talking about this. The guy said something, I said what I thought about it. That's what the BBS is for.

If others have told me to calm down, it's because they are wrong just like you as to who is upset or because they didn't actually follow the little back-and-forth we've engaged into and just assumed that I was insulting you for no reason.

I've already explained the difference between stalking and chasing me around. I've already explained and re-explained what I meant, just to make sure everything was good.

You also assume that I'm angry. Which I'm not. And also that I'm butthurt because of our differences in opinions. Which is false. I just have this pet-peeve... I just hate it when people make void statements and when they make insults the very core of their arguments. My pet-peeve is that I feel the need to set things back straight when false accusations are thrown around, and when assumptions on other people's lives are used as arguments.

And again, your whole paragraph's topic is me, on who you believe me to be and what you believe me to believe. It isn't and never was about what I said. You just take whatever you want from my posts and make things up from it, then use it as if it was a valid opinion. Hell, I do not even hate you. I've seen some other of your posts (not in this thread anyway) and they make sense. We are just dragging ourselves out of the thread right now.

Just to show you how fine I am with you, I give you back your poptarts

Lets put out the paragraph thing. I was posting from my cell phone. I did not attack you for your fuck up on your spelling of interesting in a previous post so I figured we would have been someone past that.

The Die Antwood thing, of course you would like to put that past, you were wrong by saying that you were agreeing with the guy when obviously you were not

Also okay, chasing you around is still a very very strong statement. I replied to a single one of your posts that was not addressed to me. Hardly chasing you around by any standards.... but if you wanna put this to rest, I am game.

BBS Signature

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:02:41

At 11/5/13 11:20 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I enjoyed Sonic R more than Mario Kart 64 & Super Mario Kart. Before any of you assume I'm stupid or something, I enjoyed Mario Kart: Double Dash more than any of these.

I see why you could dislike Mario Kart 64 but there is no way it's more broken that Sonic R. No way!

At 11/5/13 11:55 PM, GravityAngel wrote: Lets put out the paragraph thing. I was posting from my cell phone. I did not attack you for your fuck up on your spelling of interesting in a previous post so I figured we would have been someone past that.

Sure. I was just asking and didn't know you typed from a cellphone.

Also okay, chasing you around is still a very very strong statement. I replied to a single one of your posts that was not addressed to me. Hardly chasing you around by any standards.... but if you wanna put this to rest, I am game.

As long as you agree with everything I say, we should be fine!

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:03:50

At 11/5/13 11:55 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I was considering buying BF4 on PC or PS3. Any recommandations?

BF4 on PC is probably more worth it, and yeah I BF4 is great!

Counter Strikes too, although the are a bit outdated.

Are you into RPG FPS or just FPS with less story/stats and more combat/action

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:08:19

At 11/6/13 12:03 AM, Noaxis wrote: BF4 on PC is probably more worth it, and yeah I BF4 is great!

I could probably also buy BF4 and get the PS4.

Also... with a controller or keyboard + mouse?

Are you into RPG FPS or just FPS with less story/stats and more combat/action

I have not played much RPG FPS, but I can change that! I used to be a CoD beast... keeping an average of 2.5 k/d even when playing drunk :P I haven't played in ages since my PS3 died (again), but I like the action packed FPS genre of Cod. I'd still consider moving to a more strategic form of FPS kind of game like the Battle Field series.

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:18:21

At 11/6/13 12:08 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Also... with a controller or keyboard + mouse?

I always use mouse + keyboard but thats preference. Its easier for me.

I have not played much RPG FPS, but I can change that! I used to be a CoD beast... keeping an average of 2.5 k/d even when playing drunk :P I haven't played in ages since my PS3 died (again), but I like the action packed FPS genre of Cod. I'd still consider moving to a more strategic form of FPS kind of game like the Battle Field series.

Adventure/RPG FPS are my favorite, stuff like CoD and Halo Reach is fun but I didn't play them for the story. Played to have a good time with friends and multiplayer..

Stuff like Deus Ex, Bioshock, Metro 2033, Crysis etc. and stuff like that is what Im into if we are talking FPS

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:20:28

At 11/6/13 12:18 AM, Noaxis wrote: Adventure/RPG FPS are my favorite, stuff like CoD and Halo Reach is fun but I didn't play them for the story. Played to have a good time with friends and multiplayer..

Stuff like Deus Ex, Bioshock, Metro 2033, Crysis etc. and stuff like that is what Im into if we are talking FPS

Is the new Bioshock any good? I was considering buying it. (And should I get the two others before playing it?)

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:25:04

At 11/6/13 12:20 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Is the new Bioshock any good? I was considering buying it. (And should I get the two others before playing it?)

Ehhh. Most people liked Bioshock Infinite, but to be honest I did not like it myself. Id recommend you play it because it has an interesting story I suppose, but play the first one before the others. Its very good, one if my favorite games.

Bioshock 2 delve less into the story and more into the combat(?) I guess. It was by far the weakest of the three.

Response to The unpopular opinion thread 2013-11-06 00:29:15

At 11/6/13 12:22 AM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: I didn't say I dislike Mario Kart 64. I'm just saying it's not the best racing game ever, as it gets a lot of praise as being just that. Even though it's a disappointment, it's not bad by any means. It just has a few problems. Seriously, whoever made Toad's Turnpike is a sadist.

I see. And yes, that level is sadistic (and the hitbox is shitty).

Also, I'm curious to know, but what's so broken about Sonic R? The only real problems the has are the visuals and balancing issues. Mainly the visuals, as everything's pretty paper thin.

To be honest, I never played it myself. But it is often refered to by game reviewers as a game with shitty controls.