00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ruthless3r just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xbox One Official Thread.

43,435 Views | 563 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 04:24:04

At 6/20/13 03:19 AM, Aci6 wrote:
At 6/20/13 02:26 AM, kmau wrote: Is it weird that I'm somewhat dissapointed now? I would've loved to see the launch of this thing.
I would have loved to see it to be honest. Literally amazing how fucking selfish gamers are. They want to play their fancy Assasin's Creed or Gears of War but can't shell the 60 bucks for the game. When the industry fails it'll be on them.

Normally I would agree, but developers more than make back their budgets. As an example, Final Fantasy XIII cost roughly 60m USD to make and market, but it sold roughly 10m units. At $60 per unit, and if the publishers kept $27/unit, it made back about four and a half times its budget. Red Steel cost roughly 12m USD and sold about 625 thousand copies meaning it caught up to 32m USD assuming $50/unit. The publisher (Ubisoft) would have kept roughly 17m. They spent 12m, and made 5m in profit.

If game development was truly such a risky business, then I would have no problem supporting the developers outside the normal means - only buying the game new and at full price as well as some DLC. As is, good games usually make their money back and then some, and games from popular franchises tend to make quite a bit back as well.

The direct-to-DVD/VHS market of the 80's, 90's, and even now is a fairly comparable market to gaming in terms of budgets and selling models. Relatively low merchandising, used sales, and the lower price of DVDs brings games closer to each other. Both are quite successful in their respective markets.

A content developer has full rights to decide if and how I can play their title; as a consumer, I have the right not to buy their product. If a content developer makes three times their budget then comes to my door asking for more money on DLC's including content cut from the original game or with a limitation on used games, I have no obligation to feel bad for them.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 05:54:04

At 6/19/13 04:20 PM, TheMajormel wrote: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete -reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

you guys should be happy now that you can play killer instinct whenever the fuck you want.

lmao
Skynet decides to take back all the bullshit that has had us pissed off, fuming for their head on a pike. Color me surprised, they decided to take of their retard helmet and stop dragging their knuckles on the ground. Make horrible business decisions yeah that'll be fucking great (fan whiplash) OH SHIT RUN FOR THE HILLS, STOP THE DETONATION AHHHHhh

I honestly wasn't expecting such a huge backpedal after their conference, considering they were pushing this thing so hard as it was the "future" of video games. Everything that needs to be said has been already, Microsoft's reputation is garbage with this "test the waters" move and I can guarantee you we will see them strive for this direction in the very near future. For this company to see the impact of their poor choice they need to feel it and we as gamers need to hit them where it hurts $$$$$$$$$$$$

If the XBOne sells like ketchup Popsicles to nuns in white gloves not only will they understand the backlash, they will fear this approach in the next cycle of systems. As gamers we have a moral obligation to make sure this doesn't come to fruition and the only real effect we can make on the market is stopping them while they're still in the womb.

DO NOT BUY THIS SHIT

Even if it isn't DRM infested at launch when it hits LVL 16 and evolves it'll be swarming with termites from the inside out.

Every company's bottom line is making profit, but these recent shenanigans truly expose how vulnerable MS is to greed. THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING TOSS ABOUT THE FANS. They looked animosity in the eye as the angry mob stormed onto their manor estate and cried "THEE DRM SHALL BE NO MORE"

Sony fucks up and they fuck up bad, but they have yet to lose their credibility to this degree.

What still blows my mind is people who supported this retardation when MS had the audacity to claim these setbacks were innovative. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

Fanboys-"HUURR DUURR yes master please fuck me with a sandpaper condom and no lube"

THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE THE KINDNESS TO SPIT ON YOUR BUTTHOLE BEFORE HAND

Getting rid of region lock was also quite surprising to me, although I can still never wrap my head around it. No matter where you live: USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Europe, wherever the fuck there will always be games that are not released in your area that you may want to import. Having to pay for the jacked up prices of import consoles is a thorn in my backside I will never shake.

No longer will we need to be connected 24/7 to play games (it's like I'm on parole) however you will still need to connect ONCE to play certain titles , so once the servers are shut down you're fucked.

I don't know man it all sounds like good news on the surface... in my honest opinion this is their poker face.
They're going to tell you what you want to hear to get you in bed, but the next morning you have fucking AIDS.

When you buy the system and hook it up, to undo this ENTIRE MESS, you will have to download a patch. Yes, you heard me correctly A PATCH. If you can undo all this with JUST A PATCH what the fuck can you do later on down the road.

Get a grip people.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 06:45:54

At 6/19/13 06:18 PM, TheKlown wrote:
At 6/19/13 06:16 PM, darkjam wrote:
At 6/19/13 06:12 PM, TheKlown wrote: Microsoft just pulled a very intelligent move by doing this.
What about the price though, that is still an issue which will not get them as much sales as they could get.
They know Halo Fan Boys will definitely buy it still. Also, is PSN still free on PS4? Or is the gimmick with PS4 is that it's a 100 dollars cheaper than Xbox One, but you need to pay for PSN pro which is what 60 bucks more? So, technically you're paying close to 500 bucks anyways. Microsoft can also pull an intelligent move and possibly give a free 60 dollar game with the 500 dollar console. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't consoles used to do that in the past? I think they used to give a game or 2 if you bought their console. Will see, but I think Microsoft will do something to get more than just Halo Fanboys interested in their Console.

Yeah, you get a free game or two, if you buy a bundle, I don't think I've ever known consoles to release with free games straight up. Anyway, Sony will give you a free game on PS4 (Drive Club) on release if you have a PS+ membership, also there's no "PSN Pro" it's still just "PSN", still the same $5 a month cost, you still get everything you did before, only now it's required for online multiplayer, so arguing that adding the extra $60 so both the PS4 and Xbox One are similar price points is silly because XBL Gold is $60. So I suppose if you want online gaming they're both still the same difference in price, although now it's a smaller margin between the two.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 12:01:17

At 6/19/13 11:03 PM, Frank wrote: a true gamer.

A true game?! That is what faggots say when they play a few games and say that bullshit.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 14:19:19

At 6/20/13 11:46 AM, Travis wrote:
At 6/19/13 07:50 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
At 6/19/13 06:59 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
An internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console.
Why the fuck? Just let people plug it in and play. Is that so hard? And what about the Kinect? And are they still focusing way too much on things that aren't about gaming or have they finally realized that they were also wrong about that?
Jesus Christ you people are fucking impossible to please. You live in the civilized world, you can maintain an internet connection for 5 minutes.
I remember last year there was some awful storms that knocked out power for a day and internet for a week.

Granted, this would no longer be an issue, but internet is not universal nor is it invincible. Quit acting like just because we live in 2013 means that the world and our technology is perfect.

Jesus Christ, the Internet is about as reliable as electricity, if your internet is down for a week it's not big deal, you will just have to wait a week, if that's the kind of thing that seriously factors into your decision of what console you want then you are not looking for the right reasons like exclusives games, content and features.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 16:36:37

You guys do realize Xbox One only switched stances because they had no choice right? Also, since they're fixing most of it by a firmware update, it seems that they can put DRM back into their system with a Firmware update.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 18:40:59

At 6/20/13 02:19 PM, iMini wrote: Jesus Christ, the Internet is about as reliable as electricity, if your internet is down for a week it's not big deal, you will just have to wait a week, if that's the kind of thing that seriously factors into your decision of what console you want then you are not looking for the right reasons like exclusives games, content and features.

You do realize the main thing people who have consoles do when the internet is out is play games, right?

And you still act like everyone has internet.

Here, maybe this will wake you up a bit:

"The United States has over 67.7 million people subscribed to the top broadband providers, which account for 94% of the market. In 2008, over 5.4 million high speed Internet subscribers were added, compared to 8.5 million in 2007.[7] The marketâEUTMs peak subscriber additions were acquired in 2006 with 10.4 million; the slowed growth can be attributed to increased market penetration, according to the Leichtman Research Group (LRG) that has been tracking the broadband industry.[8] In March 2009, broadband penetration in active Internet user US homes dropped to 93.13%, creating the second consistent decrease from its peak of 93.38% in January 2009.[9]
In 2008, the United States ranked 15th out of 30 countries in broadband penetration rates, behind most other developed nations, including the UK, Germany, France, Denmark (#1), Switzerland, and Canada.[10]
In measurements made between January and June 2011, the United States ranked 26th globally in terms of the speed of its broadband Internet connections, with an average measured speed of 4.93 Mbit/s. South Korea led the list with an average of 17.62 Mbit/s, followed by Romania (15.27 Mbit/s) and Bulgaria (12.89 Mbit/s).[11]
These rankings partly fuel the debate around the need for a national broadband policy, which would strive to provide high speed broadband internet access to all citizens.[8]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_the_United_States#I nternet_use_and_speed

And a whole 20% of american households don't even have internet:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/internet-access-ame rican-households_n_2049123.html

And of the 80% that do, about half have dial-up (if you grew in the 90's, you know it is very slow. How slow? Craigslist, which is a very minimalist site, can take up to 5 seconds to load).

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 19:03:53

Does Xbox One still require Xbox Live to play single-player games?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 20:24:46

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 20:43:31

I say fuck this new generation of video games. Atari is where it's at mother fuckers and it's simple too. Non of that supa dupa wifi downloading shit. Maybe I'm too old for this shit I don't know but one thing I do know Microsoft can die in a fire for all I care.

Smoke. Sleep. Life. "Inhale the good shit exhale the bullshit" - Your peaceful dude PotHeadParadise

Peace And Love For A Better World

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-20 20:57:14

At 6/20/13 08:24 PM, tox wrote: https://www.google.ca/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:MSFT

microsoft stocks

their done

OH DAAAAANG, They are done!
When was the last time Microsoft stocks took such a nose dive?

(Also, *they're)

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-21 03:34:26

Exactly, DRM FREE for the moment after such a stock plunge.
Can reimplement at any time because of terms of service.

For me it's over. Though I would miss the xboxone only titles a bit I am not going to give money to something that is so willing to backstab me the moment I fall asleep.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-21 15:02:01

OK, y'all are right, my statement before about needing to be connected on initial setup was ignorant. My bad.

Moving on to other topics, I was never much into the multimedia aspects of any console, but I'm really looking forward to giving the TV integration feature a try.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-21 20:24:44

At 6/21/13 03:02 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: OK, y'all are right, my statement before about needing to be connected on initial setup was ignorant. My bad.

Moving on to other topics, I was never much into the multimedia aspects of any console, but I'm really looking forward to giving the TV integration feature a try.

Do you have cable?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-21 20:45:42

At 6/21/13 08:24 PM, Revo357912 wrote: Do you have cable?

Yes sir, and my Comcast box is a fucking piece of trash.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-21 20:46:11

You mean it's no longer normal for younger people to have cable.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-21 23:30:54

At 6/21/13 08:46 PM, Painbringer wrote:
You mean it's no longer normal for younger people to have cable.

there are places that still don't have acess to cable. Cable providers dont reach out to all locations in the world because they think it would cost more money to build the nesscary wires and connections for the people who want it, then they would get profit in return.

If we didn't have this kind of thought in our cable companies everyone would have cable. I have friends in america who can't get cable and are stuck with shitty internet and expensive sattlelite, But the cable companies will send cables out to neighborhoods 5 minutes from his. Just not his neighborhood because the population density is so small. Its makes me wanna spit on their logos.

Anyway, as for microsoft's stocks i don't think they have any problem whatsoever with their company. If anything i would take this time to buy stocks now. They will go back up eventually.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-22 20:22:59

At 6/20/13 06:40 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
At 6/20/13 02:19 PM, iMini wrote: Jesus Christ, the Internet is about as reliable as electricity, if your internet is down for a week it's not big deal, you will just have to wait a week, if that's the kind of thing that seriously factors into your decision of what console you want then you are not looking for the right reasons like exclusives games, content and features.
You do realize the main thing people who have consoles do when the internet is out is play games, right?

What I'm saying is you shouldn't let something like having to connect to the internet once, assuming you have a regular internet connection, when you first set up your Xbox One a factoring decision into your purchase. It's a really shitty reason to not get it. I'm not personally getting one, I feel like MS has really fucked me over in the years I've owned my 360, mainly having EVERYTHING behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall, if I want to watch Netflix why do I have to pay microsoft?

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-23 14:34:03

At 6/21/13 08:45 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:

You know the xbox one connects to your cable box, meaning it may affect the xbone's perfromance as well.
If not, have you heard of Ceton?

Here's what you do; you get duct tape, tape a Ceton onto a PS4, and there now you have a machine that is even more powerful than the Xbone for gaming and one of the best cable boxes of the world which I'm sure can outperform Xbone and is compatible with any provider, format, and all channels, and is not reliant on the internet.

Premium Ceton Box:
http://cetoncorp.com/products/infinitv-6-ethernet/

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-23 14:36:04

At 6/23/13 02:34 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
Premium Ceton Box:

Darn, I forgot you can even pair the Ceton with the Xbox360.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-23 18:36:47

At 6/23/13 02:34 PM, Revo357912 wrote: even more powerful than the Xbone for gaming

The difference is so small that it isn't even worth bothering to mention it.

Xbone = faster graphics bandwidith
PS4 = faster graphics unit

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-23 20:03:08

At 6/23/13 02:34 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
At 6/21/13 08:45 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote:
You know the xbox one connects to your cable box, meaning it may affect the xbone's perfromance as well.
If not, have you heard of Ceton?

Here's what you do; you get duct tape, tape a Ceton onto a PS4, and there now you have a machine that is even more powerful than the Xbone for gaming and one of the best cable boxes of the world which I'm sure can outperform Xbone and is compatible with any provider, format, and all channels, and is not reliant on the internet.

Premium Ceton Box:

Neat idea, but I prefer to keep things simple.

And I'm not buying Xbone for its graphics, nor would I ever buy any console for its graphics.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-24 14:26:55

People concerned about graphics in Consoles, should become PC Gamers or stick with the PC.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-25 07:57:18

At 6/24/13 02:26 PM, TheKlown wrote: People concerned about graphics in Consoles, should become PC Gamers or stick with the PC.

True that, too bad their minds are too melted for them to understand how to make a gaming PC. On the other hand, has anybody seen the Day one edition? It's a bunch of shit! But at least we know it's finally coming with a HDMI.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-25 08:00:19

At 6/20/13 09:35 PM, Travis wrote:
At 6/20/13 06:40 PM, Revo357912 wrote:
stuff
Thanks for slaughtering him so I could save time and not do it myself revo.

Seriously, the week we lost internet/power here, we got power back after 2 days. We didn't have internet for a little over a week. Friends came to my place and we played Halo 3's campaign. Had we had the Xbox One, with their old policy there wouldn't have been shit to do and no we couldn't go anywhere because down'd trees, and there was fucking debris everywhere.

Derp, I'm arguing about their NEW POLICIES, not their old ones. How much of a deciding factor is having to connect ONCE to the Internet EVER? I just don't see a problem with it, assuming you have an internet connection.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-06-25 08:03:21

Derp, I'm arguing about their NEW POLICIES, not their old ones. How much of a deciding factor is having to connect ONCE to the Internet EVER? I just don't see a problem with it, assuming you have an internet connection.

I guess it is pretty bad if your internet is crap or if you use a Ethernet cable and somebody else is using it.

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-07-01 18:28:36

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-07-02 05:46:30

At 7/1/13 06:28 PM, darkjam wrote: Is this guy serious?!

Forbes is known to post paid articles for Microsoft. Just ignore the obvious shilling.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-07-02 11:39:01

At 7/1/13 06:28 PM, darkjam wrote: Is this guy serious?!

He's either stupid or being paid to post it. And yes, Forbes has been paid to post articles in the favor of companies before. It's a shame--a mockery of proper journalistic work ethic.

Recent Audio: Nuclear Winter | Nuclear Holocaust | Don't Wait Until Night

tries to be a gentleman; doesn't always do a very good job

Response to Xbox One Official Thread. 2013-07-04 15:46:02

He's either stupid or being paid to post it. And yes, Forbes has been paid to post articles in the favor of companies before. It's a shame--a mockery of proper journalistic work ethic.

What's the point? You shouldn't have gotten into the journo business if you would do something like that then!

BBS Signature